PDA

View Full Version : You don't really want to know the meaning of the songs.

Mrdynotin
07-06-2007, 07:41 PM
OK were will this begin. My spelling isn't great but don't use it to fool yourself.

I will make a bold suggestion here.

All tool songs are in their ingenious work bassically about
---------the body fighting the thoughts that control it.-----------

For this moment we will assume this.
There is no mind, soul, god, I, self, and nothing spiritual.
You will also assume that you , as you know yourself, is thought creating" you " in order to survive and continue it cycle.

One point: I am not trying to convince you or win you over, just bear with this text.

Tool songs will not
1.Enlighten you
2.Open you third eye
3.Give you any kind of spiritual exp.( well they will if you believe in that)
4.Inspire you
5.Give meaning to life.

And before the lyrics are used as the example,
There is nothing to free yourself from.
If you are trying to free your mind, understand or rather don't; "you" are only that struggle that thought has created. You are not seperate from the thoughts and emotions you are thought and thats all. You are figuring out ways to unjustify this text because if you dosen't communication is threatened. (That is why "you give meaning to tool songs)
The body which you occupy is controlled by you, that body is not "yours" neither are its feelings of pain, delight, etc.

And it is something unheard of in music that lyrics such as these falsify themselves.

Now onto the lyrics ( I have tried to post before but they deleted it.)

H. will be used becuase it is probably the most straight foward. Right from the beginning actaully.

What's coming through is alive. (made it sound like lie)
What's holding up is a mirror.
Thought creating the mirror to justify itself. also the first line says he cannot communicate what this songs is really about nothing.
But what's singing songs is a snake
Looking to turn this piss to wine.
(consider this your body talking) Thought is the snake that takes the bodies pain and tells it it can be pleasure.

They're both totally void of hate,
But killing me just the same.
Pain and pleasure the same thing letting thought continue its cycle which maynard says kills the body. The me is used because no other words are available body would be to obvious.

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been.
How the thought is saying there could have been more.

My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.
This body now is dependant in thought to function. ( it could without it)

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.
Considerately.
"I" is the body feeling the strom that thought unleash unto it.

Venomous voice, tempts me,
Drains me, bleeds me,
Leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity.
Thought the voice tempting itself, creating the illusion of "I" whats being a said is the struggle to escape only sweetens the pull inward, builds momentum for thought.

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been.
My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.
thought once again in it cycle,

I am too connected to you to
Either the body feeling to connected to thought, Or contextually "I" is too connected with the stuggle.

Slip away, to fade away.
Days (daze) away I still feel you
To connected to escape the illusion Thought is still present.

Touching me, changing me,
And considerately killing me.
Either thought changing itself to give the illusion of "I" or killing its host the body.

Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.
I don't know if this is trying to mean anything, which would serve the purpose of no meaning.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.
Again "i" used only because thats the only word that can be used.... the fear that thought uses to maintain itself is gone.
I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.
All the times hope another trick of thought should have been givin up.
And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind. (I don't mind) (I DONT MIND!!)
My favorite lines... Ok these lines translate into this the body has no death only its atoms change into something else, and then another body eventually. "I dont mind" no thoguhts no death "it alright."

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,
But that cannot happen because he is still writing this song try to change other "I"
And considerately killing me.

Ok well there is nothing to understand, there no point in the song for "you"
For "you" this song comprimises the exsitence of "you".

Now take that and apply it to other songs like
Eulogy----WOULD "you die for "me" ( hell no)
Stinkfist- actually now that i think about it, this song is easier to translate. lol
HWAP- thought selling itself to other thinkers
46and2-- Hell yea the shadow is well i guess your thoughts lol By Stepping thru my thoughts and coming out the other side.
Jimmy --- to easy lol
Pushit --- same shit "You pushin me shovin it" a circle of thought pushin itself just to shove it self.
Aenima- really good song.
Third eye- diddo.

Undertow is actually the best to apply this to then 10000 days and finally laterlus - fav album.

What i have described wil not actaully help you with anything just keep thought going, the point is "no thought" can not be described.

Ok well if The mods don't need this here or the band objects to this please send me an email just sayin that ok.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I FEEL BAD BUT MAN/WOMAN....You have something seriously wrong with you in that head of yours. Peace.

SpeiranVaun
09-06-2007, 05:59 AM
I think he might be on to something there.

the_milkman
09-08-2007, 12:31 PM
funny thing is he put alot of time into this lol

Eulogy33
09-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Here are my interpretations of the songs:

1. Stinkfist - About desensitizing of society in general, using anal fisting as a metaphor for the purpose of irony.
2. Eulogy - A song criticizing L. Ron Hubbard and other cults in religions, saying that he'd rather believe in Jesus than L. Ron ("would you die for me?"), which is a pretty strong statement coming from Maynard, seeing as how anti-organized-religion he is.
3. H. - It was originally titled "Half Empty" (working title). It's about his son, much like "Parabola".
4. Useful Idiot - Joke track for people that own the vinyl.
5. Forty Six & 2 - About humanity evolving to its next state, by way of getting two more chromosomes and "stepping from our shadows".
6. Message to Harry Manback - Obvious.
7. Hooker with a Penis - The mandatory "negative" (black sheep) song of this Tool album (Lateralus had "Ticks & Leeches", 10,000 Days had "The Pot"), about how stupid some fans are.
8. Intermission - The riff of "jimmy" played on a carnival organ, signifying how "Eleven" (Maynard at age 11; subject of jimmy) hears the riff, and therefore, life in general (a more serene and non-troubled world).
9. jimmy - About Maynard's mother (Judith Marie) having the stroke that paralyzed her, which Maynard said happened "in early 1976" (since he was born April 17, 1964, he was 11 at the time).
10. Die Eier von Satan - A song criticizing the post-WWII stereotypes of Germans as "evil" people... or maybe just a random interlude added for fun.
11. Pushit - About abusive relationships of any kind.
12. Cesaro Summability - I dunno.
13. Ænema - About the destruction of Los Angeles, obviously.
14. (-) Ions - The sound of the waves obliterating Los Angeles, as an epilogue of sorts to Ænema.
15. Third Eye - About psychedelic experiences and how they "open your third eye".

well...i like your interpretation better than the 1st guy.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I dont think that is saying to much man. Dont boost your ego from the statement above.

tooloser
09-08-2007, 08:56 PM
My spelling isn't great but don't use it to fool yourself.

Don't worry you didn't fool me. I knew you were mentally challenged right away.

I think Tool creates music with the intention that their audience will hopefully learn to make a spiritual connection with themselves, which ultimately feeds the minds of those few independent thinkers who actually get the music, that unfortunately live in a world otherwise dictated by manipulation and control.

Yep. I think I get Tool's message. And chances are you probably don't. Ha. I can't help that you are stupid. A ha. A ha. A hahahahahaaahaha.

My logic isnt great, but don't use it to fool yourself into thinking I'm a dumbass.

Just making myself a target. I love you. NO, really I do. <3

Tool_Is_Sick
09-08-2007, 09:12 PM
that was magical.....You should ask him out on a date man? You'd probally hit that tonight.

tooloser
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
that was magical.....You should ask him out on a date man? You'd probally hit that tonight.

I don't think so. I'm too conceited. The only person good enough to fuck me...is well...me. And maybe jarring.