PDA

View Full Version : Tom floated away

smeefsmeef
07-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I saw TOOL live on 7/3/07 om Michigan, and holy fu@# sh!t ... it ruled!

Anywho ... in concert ... Maynatd changed the lyrics from, "the time DAVE floated away" ... to "the time TOM floated away."

Is he speaking of Tom Morello, possibly? Someone else?

Inner_Eulogy
07-06-2007, 09:32 AM

Anywho ... in concert ... Maynatd changed the lyrics from, "the time DAVE floated away" ... to "the time TOM floated away."

What on earth are you talking about? There's no lyric that says either one of those

Ghostwriter
07-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Maybe you have a hearing problem or maybe he changed the lyrics to be easier on his voice.

Resolution
07-20-2007, 05:17 AM
no it does exist vv

Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me

i always wondered who dave was and maynard is known to change up his lyrics live. honestly there is no way of knowing for sure all we can do is make educated guesses.

Inner_Eulogy
07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
no it does exist vv

Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me

i always wondered who dave was and maynard is known to change up his lyrics live. honestly there is no way of knowing for sure all we can do is make educated guesses.

Well as far as who he is personally, I'm not sure but they had previously said that Dave was a friend or acquaintance rather of Maynard's and this song was written about him.

smeefsmeef
07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Did any of you 'tards read my post? I'm not talking about the ALBUM version, He said "Tom" in Detroit on 7/3: "Like the time "tom' floated away.

Go to the Tour section and read "reviews". 7/3/2007. (read before you respond, duh)

Everyone else who went to the show and paid attention also heard, "TOM",not DAVE.

Johnny Truant
07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
maynard changes lyrics live a lot...

Inner_Eulogy
07-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Did any of you 'tards read my post? I'm not talking about the ALBUM version, He said "Tom" in Detroit on 7/3: "Like the time "tom' floated away.

Go to the Tour section and read "reviews". 7/3/2007. (read before you respond, duh)

Everyone else who went to the show and paid attention also heard, "TOM",not DAVE.

Um, hey SmeefTard, nobody objected to the fact that you said LIVE. But when you first mentioned it, I didn't recall any lyrics off the top of my head mentioning anyone floating away. If you had read my last post you might actually fuckin realize that I dropped the argument a couple days ago

smeefsmeef
07-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Um, hey SmeefTard, nobody objected to the fact that you said LIVE. But when you first mentioned it, I didn't recall any lyrics off the top of my head mentioning anyone floating away. If you had read my last post you might actually fuckin realize that I dropped the argument a couple days ago

How did you know my real name? Who told you this? Was is Wookiebutt, Poophead, or flowersniffer? I need to know. They have violated my trust and must now pay!

Have a great day.

I love you.

Bye. :)

Overwhelmingly Warm
08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
they had previously said that Dave was a friend or acquaintance rather of Maynard's and this song was written about him.

I did not know this but I always had a little suspicion that they might be talking about dave matthews because of the mentioning of Birkenstocks in the song and the way they make the subject of the song sound like a hippie/jam lover (Dead reference ). What also make me think this way was Maynard introducing this song at Bonnaroo by saying "This song is about you."

Hodge
08-15-2007, 04:08 PM
i think he meant the people in the crowd on psychedellics, not dave matthews

Carny_Handles
09-18-2007, 07:05 PM

here's tom with the weather.