PDA

View Full Version : little voice...

manifestcontent
12-02-2002, 06:13 AM
As i'm sure we all know that this song is about how everyone is a sell out and calling someone a sell out would be hypocritical, because we all pay homage to "the man" without even knowing it, e.g. "sips of coke", (or was he talking about cocain?) anywho. we all know that, but has anyone heard the voice that can be heard at about the middle of the song? it sounds like maynard but you can't understand what he's saying unless you have the proper equipment i'm sure. but if you put on a pair of headphone (preferably Grados) you can hear him mumbling incoherantly throughout most of the song. it's kinda creepy actually, check it out. in fact throughout most of the cd there are a lot of subliminal messages in the songs...

DCarey46and2
12-03-2002, 06:35 PM
i pulled my headphone jackwhere you can hear only a few backup tracks, and in the middle of the song, at about 1:41, maynard says "consume, be fruitful and multiply" i guess this is supposed to be his corporate voice telling the consumers to buy his product as mindlessly as they wish, and spawn more mindless consumers just like them to fuel business... i dunno maybe,

but thats what he says

manifestcontent
12-07-2002, 08:59 PM
I listened to the song again and you can barely hear him talking throughout the rest of the song after that. listen carefully....

Yama
12-15-2002, 05:57 AM
"consume and be fruitful" is the last line of God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater, a book by Kurt Vonnegut. I wonder if Maynard had that in mind when he put it there.

Unhuman Elactic
12-19-2002, 01:00 AM
or alternitively its a quote from god in the bible saying something like "go forth, be fruitfull and multiply" *shrug*

Hogpile
12-20-2002, 04:19 PM
I also read in the faq sheet on this site that it could be a list of products begging for your fatass dirty dollar. I've tried hard as fuck to hear what he's saying but I can't make it out.

holy reality
12-21-2002, 05:38 PM
After doing the headphone jack thing and hearing him say "be all consuming, be fruitfuil and multiply" or something like that.... I can now clearly hear him say it each time I listen.

But that isn't the only hidden thing in the song, there are several points where you can just barely him him whispering throughout the entire rest of the song, and based on how quiet they are I think you would have to use software to hear the rest of it.

Does anyone know what else he says?