PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Lateralus

AsproClear
12-02-2002, 03:02 AM
When I consider the huge progression from Aenima to Lateralus, and the high standard to which the band hold themselves, I find it difficult to fathom what Tool's next release will sound like. Any thoughts?

Slave#1
12-02-2002, 03:46 PM
I can't remember who said it, but it was a band member.

When asked what Lateralus was gonna sound like, they said "The new album will be a combination of baby got back and undertow", or something to that effect...

So, it could really sound like anything but, from what I've heard at concerts, they are pretty happy with the new sound. That leads me to believe that the Lateralus sound is gonna stay around for a while unless Adam has something else up his sleeve. I sure as hell hope they don't use a lot of effects with this next album but, it isn't my place to tell the band how to write. I'm perfectly content with simple distortion and some samples.

Danny on the other hand can do whatever the hell he wants. His Drumming alone could be a track ala eon blue.

I've got an idea for the band. Now that Adam has had his turn in the spotlight with "Æon Blue", how about giving Danny they reigns to do a track that is devoted to drumming. I would LOVE to hear Danny solo for three minutes. I just know he could do it. That would make my day.

Bryan

Chuckhawk
12-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I wanna see Danny top Led Zeppelin's "Moby Dick." That doesn't really seem like something tool would do though... but hey, we can always contemplate.

great deceiver
12-03-2002, 08:26 PM
i'd like to hear them do a mostly instrumental album. just percussive jams like merkaba. an exploration of all the sounds they can make just playing their balls off and meshing into one beautiful entity. itd be wonderful.

Noob_Jones
12-04-2002, 01:25 AM
There is a great live drum solo of Dannys floating around on Kazza so you should try and get that.

Tool said they wanted to add more stuff like eon blue apocolypse but they ran out of disc space, I just hope they use 2 discs for there next cd so that will not happen again.

donvito
12-04-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Slave#1
I can't remember who said it, but it was a band member.

When asked what Lateralus was gonna sound like, they said "The new album will be a combination of baby got back and undertow", or something to that effect...

So, it could really sound like anything but, from what I've heard at concerts, they are pretty happy with the new sound. That leads me to believe that the Lateralus sound is gonna stay around for a while unless Adam has something else up his sleeve. I sure as hell hope they don't use a lot of effects with this next album but, it isn't my place to tell the band how to write. I'm perfectly content with simple distortion and some samples.

Danny on the other hand can do whatever the hell he wants. His Drumming alone could be a track ala eon blue.

I've got an idea for the band. Now that Adam has had his turn in the spotlight with "Æon Blue", how about giving Danny they reigns to do a track that is devoted to drumming. I would LOVE to hear Danny solo for three minutes. I just know he could do it. That would make my day.

Bryan

He did in Faaip De Oiad. Just listen to the background.

AsproClear
12-04-2002, 06:50 PM
A double cd would definitely be nice. The more Tool, the better. I actually have no preconceived idea of what the next album will sound like. It's hard to with Tool. I don't see them keeping the same sound they did on Lateralus. I find it difficult to see where they can go in terms of depth and song structure. They've got it just about perfect at the moment. But then again, after hearing Aenima, I thought that nothing could come close to topping it. Let's hope they continue to surprise us.

Dhalz
12-17-2002, 01:08 AM
I think that the idea of a double album is superb, even if it cost more because tool are worthit. I seen a article saying that tool had thought of a film with only a tool album as sound a la the wall. this would also be very good. in the meantime ill just keep playing tool songs on guitar. any one like radiohead. worth checking out.

furiousgeorge
12-24-2002, 08:09 PM
i would like to read that article. do u have a link or was it ina mag or something?

Jebus
01-06-2003, 04:02 AM
I find it hard to comprehend what the next album could be like. If you listen to their music (Opiate and salival not included, we’ll just concentrate on the main three) you can clearly hear a musical ‘evolution’ through to lateralus. I think Lateralus is the most powerful, spiritual, moving (etc.) album ever made (I know some people will disagree, but what the hell) and an album even more ‘evolved’ than lateralus is difficult to imagine