PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE IS WRONG!

Pages : [1] 2

insectpinsNR
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I thought that this noise was common knowledge. It is whales singing....

Tape_Dispenser
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
no

tidruG
07-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow, talk about being obsessed with singing whales. You posted this same message in the other thread in this forum, and you even started a new topic just for it.

Heck, personally, I don't give a crap if it was a singing whale or a squeezed Siamese cat (or even a orgasming Siamese ogre-whale)... what's important to me is why was it put there before Schism.
The Patient is the "real" song that comes before Schism. Don't get me wrong when I say that The Patient ends in a slightly positive manner, musically (definitely not lyrically). For sure, it lacks the angst and seeming hopelessness and/or the sense of impending doom unless we act, which is found spattered throughout Schism. I believe Mantra was put in there to prepare your mood for acceptance of Schism with all its dark, brooding, angry and extremely intense setting.

Eulogy33
08-26-2007, 10:38 AM
its the cat. period.

wearethestories
08-27-2007, 07:33 AM
I believe Mantra was put in there to prepare your mood for acceptance of Schism with all its dark, brooding, angry and extremely intense setting.

Yeah...

I don't think Schism is dark, brooding, or angry.

It speaks of darkness and anger, but doesn't brood over them. It's an incredibly uplifting song, even if it is concerned with a broken relationship. The idea is hope for communication. The only real despair that I think you could even point to in the song is when the line "I know the pieces fit" is repeated. What exactly does he know about the pieces fitting? Is this unrealistic desire for the person he is alienated from, or pain because of the broken connection and the knowledge that it shouldn't remain severed (even if it ultimately does)?

BUT, I do agree that it was put there in preparation for Schism (and the MUSIC to the song is definitely dark and brooding... which is what you may have been talking about the whole time... sorry!)

Schism takes The Patient and focuses the longing and desire expressed in the latter and pinpoints communication as the important piece to the relationship. And if you think about it, this flows from The Grudge as well - a relationship ends: (1) grief/holding a grudge and dealing with that; (2) asking why this happened to you/holding God responsible; (3) wishing that communication would have happened.

That probably wasn't well-articulated, but I think you'll get the idea.

dmurf
09-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Whales?? WTF! In a Modern Drummer, Danny states that it's sampled monk chants slowed waaaay down.

OneManRiot
09-15-2007, 08:02 PM
i thought he said that he used a monk growl for the beginning of parabol? i can't remember (too much ganja) haha

Tool_Is_Sick
09-15-2007, 09:34 PM
^ Typical!

dmurf
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
i thought he said that he used a monk growl for the beginning of parabol? i can't remember (too much ganja) haha
Or not enough. :P
I'll grab the Modern Drummer soon and post some quotes - maybe used the monks a few times. Wouldn't you?

Inner_Eulogy
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
It speaks of darkness and anger, but doesn't brood over them. It's an incredibly uplifting song, even if it is concerned with a broken relationship. The idea is hope for communication. The only real despair that I think you could even point to in the song is when the line "I know the pieces fit" is repeated. What exactly does he know about the pieces fitting? Is this unrealistic desire for the person he is alienated from, or pain because of the broken connection and the knowledge that it shouldn't remain severed (even if it ultimately does)?

I always thought of it together with the part that says "I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing". I see it in a positive light two. He's coinveying that there was a split/separation/schism of communication in the relationship and hopes to find the way to bring them back together, he knows there's a way to "put the pieces back together...he knows the pieces fit" he just has to figure it out.

I'm not sure how anybody can say it's a negative song.

dmurf
10-13-2007, 06:45 AM
The song can be considered negative because there's no resolution. The narrator knows the problem, knows what to do about it, knows how to 'fix' it, but can't. It ends not on a positive not of reconciliation and hope, but on the continual basis that the pieces fit and he can't get them back together.
It's the old addage, once something is broken, it can't be put back the same. There will always be something missing, a larger flaw, etc.

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
We are the resolution, all of us, and of course it'll never be the same.

miketh74
11-04-2007, 11:03 PM
How true.

Forgot to mention that I read that Modern Drummer piece as well.

I don't remember DC talking about Mantra though. Probably way too much ganja as well....

:))

Master_Of_Nothing
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Schism isn't a negative song, The beat's too energetic for that, man i love that beat!

Does it really matter what the sound in Mantra is? So long we get the right emotion/message off it ay?

It could be a fart played backwards REAL slow, for all i care :)

Dr.Styles
11-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Dude it's the sound Maynard's cat made when he squeezed it, looped and edited to the point of no return.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Lateralus is the most negative album i've ever heard

relationships suck

communication sucks too

All depends on what you're feeling when you listen to it, I find it quite positive, perhaps even humorous at times (suck me dryyyy),

Anyway, Schism isn't about how communication/relationships suck, its just disappointed about how we've become distant from our fellow humans.

I wonder....do you find Stinkfist to be a negative song?

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Got an E. too?

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Dude it's the sound Maynard's cat made when he squeezed it, looped and edited to the point of no return.

Possibly

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Got an E. too?

E is for Echo, echooo echoooo echooooo

iAMtheMA!
11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
i wonder if this track has anything to do with the fib-seq. one two three 4 five 6 7 eight 9 10 11 12 thirteen. but prolly not.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Just checking that you know your alphabet past D lol.

Wasn't there a mention of cats in Schism or something?

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Just checking that you know your alphabet past D lol.

Wasn't there a mention of cats in Schism or something?

Not that I've ever heard of. The only thing I can think of that you may be referring to is the supposed cat noise from Mantra

Master_Of_Nothing
11-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Thought it was during the solo of schism, lots of undertones in that part, i love it.
I don't listen to Mantra, unless i'm feeling to lazy to skip the track.

miketh74
11-27-2007, 06:14 AM

That's interesting.

Cats > Monks I think.

Inner_Eulogy
11-27-2007, 10:36 AM
That's interesting.

Cats > Monks I think.

It was highly skilled chinese babies

miketh74
11-27-2007, 01:03 PM
It was highly skilled chinese babies

LMAO

Master_Of_Nothing
11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
There's no solo in Schism.

Perhaps you're talking about the bridge?

I call it a solo cuz all the instruments are perfectly aligned, however it is actually a bridge

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought that this noise was common knowledge. It is whales singing....

You're wrong, you asshole

Hodge
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
nice name dude

12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
nice name dude

I guess that was sarcasm :(
I apologize

Rolo
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Sounds like mating hippo's.......

.......I think (never really heard it actually)

12-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I would just like to add: It's a siamese cat being squeezed. End of story.

12-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Lachrymology sounds like something that could be so real too :(

miketh74
12-23-2007, 12:06 PM
kinda bends the mind.

12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Holy shit, my mind has surely been fucked!

EDIT: 100th post

12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Yes, there's a chance he could be

Master_Of_Nothing
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Maynards always fucking with us, all we do is drop our pants lol.

Siamese cats being thrown around?
Slowed down monk chants?

maybe the answers so obvious that we don't want to accept it?
really i couldn't care less

12-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Has anyone ever tried listening to this with headphones in the complete dark?

It scares the shit out of me...

ufopancakes
12-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Its funny how many people on this thread "KNOW" what that sound is. I think the conflicting stories in the interviews (which the band hardly ever takes seriously) goes to show that you can't believe what you hear.

12-25-2007, 06:55 PM
He told Japanese people though.

Maynard doesn't lie to the Japanese.

12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
lol did he say that to french people or something?
I also heard about Adam saying that the people at tdn can "suck his balls" but I couldn't find anything about it. Is that true?

Inner_Eulogy
12-27-2007, 10:40 AM
lol did he say that to french people or something?
I also heard about Adam saying that the people at tdn can "suck his balls" but I couldn't find anything about it. Is that true?

Yeah, but he was referring specifically to you.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I've heard also that Adam is a crap guitar player. Its amazing what we hear.

As for Adams supposed comment, i shall distance myself from TDN should he come around wanting his balls sucked lol, I'd give him *~*»?«(?ispositioń)»?«*~* 's address lol

Tool_Is_Sick
12-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Dont say that sweety..you know for damn sure that you want those grapefruits in your mouth and if you were to find out that "Disposition" had the honor..you would become insanely jealous. You dont have to lie to us.

I love a person that is Honest. Please dont make me hate you.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I thought it was too late for you to not hate me lol. I gather you've already had the 'honour' of sucking off Adams balls, given that you know they are the size of grapefruit.

miketh74
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
He told Japanese people though.

Maynard doesn't lie to the Japanese.

Because they make the toys that Tool uses in their music.......

Or maybe not.

;l

Tool_Is_Sick
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I thought it was too late for you to not hate me lol. I gather you've already had the 'honour' of sucking off Adams balls, given that you know they are the size of grapefruit.

I dont hate you man..and I never will come on now. Take a joke.

I never had the "honour" of sucking OFF adams balls..I dont think that is quite possible...but when you find the way on how to do such a thing..you let me know. Thanks.

12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I would suck Adam's balls. Do you have any idea how much money he could pay?

12-30-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm a dude the sucking balls post was just a joke.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow..i thought you were a female this entire time. Damn I feel like such a fuckin peice of shit to have thought you had a vagina.

MuuAhhhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL *Cough, Cough*......sorry.

Rolo
12-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I would suck Adam's balls. Do you have any idea how much money he could pay?

*sniff sniff*

Hmmmm, smells like grapefruit 'round here....Oh, it's Disposition's onine!

;)

12-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I hope this doesn't change anything between us you guys. I'm in the process of getting a vaginoplasty if it makes you feel any better.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
ha, what happened to this thread?
Incidentally, my health teacher tells us how it is possible to suck a guys balls off, something to do with sucking hard enough to cut off circulation *rummages around room and finds a cricket box, installs it*

01-01-2008, 12:45 AM
...God dammit.... just god dammit....

TheAlienGus
01-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Lunacy out loud.

01-02-2008, 11:37 AM
You say that every god damn time you post...

Tool_Is_Sick
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
ha, what happened to this thread?
Incidentally, my health teacher tells us how it is possible to suck a guys balls off, something to do with sucking hard enough to cut off circulation *rummages around room and finds a cricket box, installs it*

Im available tomorrow if you wanna see what you can do with the skills that you aquired from your health teacher.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
no thanks, i've got a practical lesson in health tomorrow lol ;)

miketh74
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
That's what the sound in Mantra is!!

Maynard's having his balls sucked off. I can sleep better now.

*Slaps forehead*

Master_Of_Nothing
01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
*slaps miketh74's forehead as well*

Shh, maynard told you it was a secret! Now you gonna have to tell everybody that it was you doing the sucking....

I hope i didn't say that out loud....

:)

miketh74
01-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Couldn't help myself. That was wide open.......kinda like Master_of Nothing's mouth waiting to accept my balls. :O

I kid, I kid, I kid

Master_Of_Nothing
01-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Nice work, very nice
Heres a pic of me and mike taken about two hours ago lol

:0-8

Inner_Eulogy
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Nice work, very nice
Heres a pic of me and mike taken about two hours ago lol

:0-8

Damn, that's one tiny penis for such a big set of balls...

Rolo
01-04-2008, 04:07 PM
lol @ taking measurement

Master_Of_Nothing
01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Actual size people lol.

Honestly, back on track, the weird sound, it couldn't be just wind or something?
I made an interesting connection to Viginti Tres 'saucer' sound and the sound you make when you blow into a half full can of fizzy. :)

Rolo
01-05-2008, 04:54 AM
You have an unhealthy interest for funny sounds, M_O_N

miketh74
01-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Way to ruin the backontrack-ness.

My bad. I usually don't play insult dog.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM
You have an unhealthy interest for funny sounds, M_O_N

oink.....oink oink.

Rolo
01-06-2008, 06:33 AM
oink.....oink oink.

lol

miketh74
01-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Perhaps on the next Tool album?

miketh74
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Damn, that's one tiny penis for such a big set of balls...

LOL

Inner_Eulogy
01-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks usually to some combination of me, I_E, TIS, MoN, Rolo, (*$(*$@##%$Disposition$*()*#($, Miketh74, and as of late leefnaspleef

No prob ;-)

Master_Of_Nothing
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Why meeee..........?
They should have a movie playing softly in the background of the next album, could sound really good, particularly if they flare up the noises at certain parts where it seems to sync with the actual music

Rolo
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks usually to some combination of me, I_E, TIS, MoN, Rolo, (*$(*$@##%$Disposition$*()*#($, Miketh74, and as of late leefnaspleef

You are quite correct, sir.

(you forgot Orange. May TDN have mercy on his banned soul)

miketh74
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
All album related threads these days seem to evolve in something different.

It's quite unintentional.......it just happens.

miketh74
01-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Why meeee..........?
They should have a movie playing softly in the background of the next album, could sound really good, particularly if they flare up the noises at certain parts where it seems to sync with the actual music

Incidentally, I've heard Tool has been approached by several producers about having their music set to film. It would be quite interesting indeed. Intension sounds like a song that would be in a movie among others that come to mind.

miketh74
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM

I like that bunch. Variety is the spice of life. Cheers Rivek!!

;)

Tool_Is_Sick
01-07-2008, 06:47 PM

Yes sir.

Rolo
01-08-2008, 05:07 AM
I like that bunch. Variety is the spice of life. Cheers Rivek!!

;)

Yeah, we love you too ;)

Inner_Eulogy
01-08-2008, 06:31 AM
You're all the brady bunch of the album section. Or the Daltons. Or Waltons?

lol

Ha, I'm far from a Brady. I'd say more like the Adams Family...maybe <shrug>

Rolo
01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Ha, I'm far from a Brady. I'd say more like the Adams Family...maybe <shrug>

lol, that's a good one, uncle Fester.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Maybe Tool should do something like The Wall? and set their their music to a self made movie about evolution and transcendancy?

As for the family issue, shotgun Peter Griffin ( yes i'm midly retarded lol)
Who wants to be Stewie? lol

Tool_Is_Sick
01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I'll take the place of Wednesday. As long as I can take a spot in the family picture next to Uncle Fester. Wink, Wink...I_E. :)

guitarguru85
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
In a feeble attempt to bring us back onto the subject... I think that the sound has some sort of electronic aspect to it. It sounds like a low(er) frequency. I reminds me of the sound that your computer makes when you bring your cell phone near it.

Some sort of EMR? Brainwaves audibibly heard?

To me it sounds like some sort of wave (other than sound) being picked up as a sort of interference or by something converting into an audible sound.

guitarguru85
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
I call Cousin It, he had a hot wife...couldn't resist

Tool_Is_Sick
01-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Cousin IT..What a Pimp..

guitarguru85
01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
That hairy bastard got a lot of action

miketh74
01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Maybe Tool should do something like The Wall? and set their their music to a self made movie about evolution and transcendancy?

Oh shit, if Tool comes out with anything like The Wall having to do with evolution, I'd have to buy that the day it's released. I can only hope.

P.S. I wanna be Thing. I'll just crawl up Cousin It's wife's leg all day.

Nine
01-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Whales?? WTF! In a Modern Drummer, Danny states that it's sampled monk chants slowed waaaay down.

thats what it sounded like to me

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2008, 12:08 PM

Stewie fucking rocks, he's the best one on that show

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I'll take the place of Wednesday. As long as I can take a spot in the family picture next to Uncle Fester. Wink, Wink...I_E. :)

Aren't you a guy? Because I have a little snippet of info for ya'...I don't go for the dude on dude kinda' shit. I'll have to lock you back up in the monkey cages with banannas glued all over you when they haven't eaten for at least a week.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Yes I am a male my friend! haha Come on now Inner..It was a joke. Wendesday can be played by...hmmm...maybe Medusa? Im Lerch. Im 6"5' so its only reasonable im the tall, slow, shy, big man of the family. The tall men get all the bitches. haha :)

If your upset that I am not interested about your purchase of the bannanas you can always give them to Dispostion or M_O_N.

BTW, The noise in Mantra..its a cat, Period!

Master_Of_Nothing
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Dammit, who the hell can i be? haven't seen the show in so long that i've forgotten the characters.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Go to blockbuster and rent the damn movie and make sure.......MAAKKKKKKE SUUUUURREEEE....you get popcorn.... :)

Remember Im the guy at the door...

Master_Of_Nothing
01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
popcorn: check
movie: check
brain: ah fuck it don't tell me i lost it again! Betcha its behind the couch

guitarguru85
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh shit, if Tool comes out with anything like The Wall having to do with evolution, I'd have to buy that the day it's released. I can only hope.

P.S. I wanna be Thing. I'll just crawl up Cousin It's wife's leg all day.

Yeah, I was talking about this the other day in the "Vicarious DVD" thread. I think that they have all necessary pieces. I mean if they wanted to, Adam certainly has the talent to create/direct something.

Stay away from my wife!

guitarguru85
01-09-2008, 08:37 PM
So I'm starting to see that a definite recurring theme is TIS's joking sexual advances towards I_E.

hmmmmm...

Yeaaaahhh, the sexual tension certainly is palpable between those two.

Also, I find it amusing that I actually tried to contribute intellectually to the topic of the thread and nobody paid a moments attention to it, and everyone moved right on to the Addam's family (myself included). LOL. Good work everyone, quite the brain trust we have here.

Inner_Eulogy
01-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeaaaahhh, the sexual tension certainly is palpable between those two.

Say what

Rolo
01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
You're all the brady bunch of the album section. Or the Daltons. Or Waltons?

lol

Dutch crew is a bit quite lately.

guitarguru85
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Dutch crew is a bit quite lately.

a bit quite? did you mean a bit quiet? Yes you have been. How is Holland this time of year?

miketh74
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I was talking about this the other day in the "Vicarious DVD" thread. I think that they have all necessary pieces. I mean if they wanted to, Adam certainly has the talent to create/direct something.

Stay away from my wife!

^ LOL ^

You know Adam's direction would have to play a huge role in the movie if they made one. There have been lots of rumors of them doing something along those lines. As I said, I can only hope.

miketh74
01-10-2008, 07:31 PM
thats what it sounded like to me

I read that article as well. It's on his website. I just like reading what everyone else's take is on it.

miketh74
01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
So I'm starting to see that a definite recurring theme is TIS's joking sexual advances towards I_E.

hmmmmm...

I must have overlooked these advances. Tell me it's not true.

:(

Tool_Is_Sick
01-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok..Let me put the nail in the coffin...There are NO sexual advances to ANYONE through these fingers during my time here at TDN. Its just "gay" ,which means happy, conversation that I like to add to the mix. I feel that it relaxes everyone in here and enables people to "Joke around" which is one of the reasons I like to come here. I enjoy my conversations with all of you wonderful "down to earth" people. Ive learned alot about myself and multiple views on everyday life.

If you dont like my advances...well then put me in the pot with Mr. Styx and add some steamy chicken broth and have me for dinner. haha :)

Hold the fuck up...Rivek are you jealous? If so..you can tell us. hahaha

This post is from your friend... LERCH. "M_O_N..he is the tall guy at the door"

Master_Of_Nothing
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
to see them create a movie based on their music, or even a documentary on themselves, would be awesome.

Isn't Holland miserable this time of the year, what with winter?

miketh74
01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok..Let me put the nail in the coffin...There are NO sexual advances to ANYONE through these fingers during my time here at TDN. Its just "gay" ,which means happy, conversation that I like to add to the mix. I feel that it relaxes everyone in here and enables people to "Joke around" which is one of the reasons I like to come here. I enjoy my conversations with all of you wonderful "down to earth" people. Ive learned alot about myself and multiple views on everyday life.

If you dont like my advances...well then put me in the pot with Mr. Styx and add some steamy chicken broth and have me for dinner. haha :)

I'm not calling anyone 6'5" looking like Lerch gay. You're OK by me man.

guitarguru85
01-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not calling anyone 6'5" looking like Lerch gay. You're OK by me man.

Agreed, dude we are having fun, I don't think anyone here actually thinks you are gay, but you have to recognize that while you have fun making the randomn joking sexual advace on I_E, we are going to have fun pointing them out and messing with you about it. I think you seem like a pretty cool person who doesn't get all worked up usually, and I respect that.

Whew...

miketh74
01-10-2008, 09:18 PM
You people are being wayyyyy too nice to each other.

Pardon me while I go vomit

Let's never have a "very special episode" of the TDNam's Family ever again

Fine then you sarcastic fuckstick!!

Happy now?

;)

Rolo
01-11-2008, 07:13 AM
a bit quite? did you mean a bit quiet? Yes you have been. How is Holland this time of year?

OK i made a little type failure. hahahah.

I'll bet my posts in english are better that yours in dutch.

guitarguru85
01-11-2008, 09:21 AM
You people are being wayyyyy too nice to each other.

Pardon me while I go vomit

Let's never have a "very special episode" of the TDNam's Family ever again

Yes this pretty unusual for us. Fuck you Rivek! This song has nothing to do with cats....or was that TIS that said that. I forget. Whatever, I guess it's more fun when we gang up on helpless assholes than each other, that's all.

guitarguru85
01-11-2008, 09:22 AM
OK i made a little type failure. hahahah.

I'll bet my posts in english are better that yours in dutch.

Yes probably...hablas espanol?

Rolo
01-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes probably...hablas espanol?

Well, "Una cerveza por favor" is as far as i go in spanish. It's usfull, though. ;)

Rolo
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Isn't Holland miserable this time of the year, what with winter?

Don't push it, Mastah! I'll sent Disposition to bite your head off! ;)

My main concern on the movie speculations is, if they make one with the lenght of say 1,5 hour, how will they keep our attention without revealing too much information about it's plot?

By that i mean, if it reveals too much it explains itself. And that is what Tool would never do. But if it becomes too vague people would get bored.

I hope you get my intention

guitarguru85
01-12-2008, 08:10 AM
^lol^

I don't know that sheer length would necessarily reveal too much. I have seen some movies that top 2 hours and still are very deep and require a great amount of thought into their intension( ;) ).

Ever heard of David Lynch? If you haven't, check him out. Recommend "Mulholland Drive" especially if you want to see a pretty sweet lesbian scene featuring Naomi Watts. On a more serious note, I watched that movie with a group of friends and it wasn't until after a couple of hours discussing it afterward that we really began to appreciate the movie.

I think that they could do something that would be really creative and it certainly would give them a new way to put out material. I still like the idea that Rivek inspired. Mental Illness that lays dormant until the use of a psychadelic drug and a persons internal journey toward reconciling their illness.

Rolo
01-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Ever heard of David Lynch? If you haven't, check him out. Recommend "Mulholland Drive" especially if you want to see a pretty sweet lesbian scene featuring Naomi Watts. On a more serious note, I watched that movie with a group of friends and it wasn't until after a couple of hours discussing it afterward that we really began to appreciate the movie.

Sweet lesbian scene ft. Naomi Watts? Sounds pretty deep. lol
Thanks for the advise, man. I'll check that out.

I missed that post of Rivek. Was that on this thread? Sounds interesting.

Inner_Eulogy
01-12-2008, 06:04 PM

I guess I'm a popular commodity on here...who knew lol

Inner_Eulogy
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Yes this pretty unusual for us. Fuck you Rivek! This song has nothing to do with cats....or was that TIS that said that. I forget. Whatever, I guess it's more fun when we gang up on helpless assholes than each other, that's all.

Who ever said I was helpless? lol, I can do a thing or two, I think.

guitarguru85
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't remember that

oh, that was on the other post where I had that question regarding LSD abuse and mental illness. You didn't so much come up with the idea as much as I derived it from something that you said.

guitarguru85
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Who ever said I was helpless? lol, I can do a thing or two, I think.

Okay, maybe not helpless, but you're definitely an asshole. You weren't the target of that post, I was referencing a separate thread where Rivek and I got into it with this guy who couldn't argue his way out of an unlocked room.

Inner_Eulogy
01-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Okay, maybe not helpless, but you're definitely an asshole. You weren't the target of that post, I was referencing a separate thread where Rivek and I got into it with this guy who couldn't argue his way out of an unlocked room.

I'm aware of that, and thanks for the compliment by the way. Here I am being all nice the last few days and , ah whatever...fuck you buddy

Rolo
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
That's right, I_E, mind your reputation, man.

I think it's either the mescaline or the recent blowjob you're posting about that's been influencing your behaviour lately. ;)

guitarguru85
01-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm aware of that, and thanks for the compliment by the way. Here I am being all nice the last few days and , ah whatever...fuck you buddy

If it makes you feel any better I am a pretty big asshole myself....? lol, no, I typically agree with your interps and find your posts funny, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. lol

Tool_Is_Sick
01-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Trust me when I tell you man. I_E's feelings are not hurt in any way over an internet forum.

guitarguru85
01-15-2008, 05:26 AM
I know, I was being sarcastic

Inner_Eulogy
01-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Trust me when I tell you man. I_E's feelings are not hurt in any way over an internet forum.

I cried myself to sleep last night over this....seriously
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................HHAAAA

Tool_Is_Sick
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Were you thinking about it when you woke up? If so...you have more issues than I orginally thought. haha

Hey Rivek..your an intelligent man...How did I get a bincount of 10? I dont fully understand the bincount. Whats up with that? Im just curious.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I got a bincount of 8 or something, can't remember ever
posting something THAT offensive. Whats happening?
Is this because of what i did last summer?

Inner_Eulogy
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I got a bincount of 8 or something, can't remember ever
posting something THAT offensive. Whats happening?
Is this because of what i did last summer?

I know what you did last summer

Master_Of_Nothing
01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
ah, and you would know about this because of your own impressive bincount huh?

Rolo
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
ah, and you would know about this because of your own impressive bincount huh?

In Rivek's case:

Albumthreads/Bin = Yin/Yang

lol

Master_Of_Nothing
01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Are you telling me Rivek sticks his nose in any dirty hole? Thats what its
sounding like lmao

Rolo
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Are you telling me Rivek sticks his nose in any dirty hole? Thats what its
sounding like lmao

No, man.

I meant after some digging into the deeper meaning of the lyrics of Tool's music it's quite relaxing to post about nothing in the Bin.

And he spends as much time in the Albums as he does in the Bin, so i thought there was a sort of balance in it.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh right........
I think i liked my interpretation more...

Rolo
01-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh right........
I think i liked my interpretation more...

It's Bin-worthy, imo. ;)

(This was my 333th post, halfway to the devil i guess.)

Master_Of_Nothing
01-16-2008, 02:27 PM
YES i'm still beating you!

I wonder if i should head around the rest of the site, i haven't been anywhere but the albums threads yet.

Rolo
01-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Then, beat me on bincount too, i'm only 42 away ......... ;)

guitarguru85
01-16-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm still chillin with a bincount of 0. Apparently everything I say is profound. Wow, mom would be so proud of me.

miketh74
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
^lol^

I don't know that sheer length would necessarily reveal too much. I have seen some movies that top 2 hours and still are very deep and require a great amount of thought into their intension( ;) ).

I think that they could do something that would be really creative and it certainly would give them a new way to put out material. I still like the idea that Rivek inspired. Mental Illness that lays dormant until the use of a psychadelic drug and a persons internal journey toward reconciling their illness.

Ever see the movie Blue Velvet? Talk about a psycho for a director, but Lynch's stuff does tweek my interest. His flicks are definitely out there.

guitarguru85
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
yeah, we got you pinned man...where is this bin though, the spamola trapola thing?

guitarguru85
01-18-2008, 06:57 PM
More like, stay away so that we don't have to deal with you.

Now I am definitely going

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM
once I am able to that is, I still don't see it, I must be coming up on a month soon

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
is it under the home section (as in the page where you choose, albums, live, creativity, etc.) or after you enter the album section?

Rolo
01-19-2008, 02:48 PM
is it under the home section (as in the page where you choose, albums, live, creativity, etc.) or after you enter the album section?

Please don't get overexcited. You might get dissapointed.

Rolo
01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
One can only hope GG85 gets overexcited? Or one can only hope GG85 gets dissapointed? Or both?

Rolo
01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
lol

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 04:40 PM
gee thanks

Rolo
01-19-2008, 04:54 PM
gee thanks

No offence, man. Just jokes.

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
I know, I was kidding too

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't know, was you?

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
You know what? I think we are kind of like pirates, we jump aboard a thread, hijack it, and take it for ourselves. That is what we are: cyber pirates.

yo ho!

Master_Of_Nothing
01-19-2008, 10:58 PM
"Yo ho ho and a bottle of sauvignon blanc with venison steak"
I may be a pirate, but i'm cultured too lol

guitarguru85
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM
sauvignon blanc with a steak...? You are far from cultured my friend. What you need is either a hearty Napa valley Cabernet or Mendocino Cabernet with a good steak. Never mix a white with red meat. The acidity and the higher alcohol content mix poorly with the iron in the red meat (the acidity and the heavy metal, iron, create a bitter taste on the palate), plus the tannins in red wine compliment the fats in a good steak nicely. Amateur...

Rolo
01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
pfff, anybody on the wine scene these days know that it's all about personal preference now, not about what matches what.

I'm not complaining, personally i can't get used to the taste of any red wine. I prefer a good white one. Besides i'm not a regular wine consumer.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm not even legal to buy drinks, so i take what i can get thank you very much. lol.
To be honest, a can of Tui and a steak on the barbeque is much better.

guitarguru85
01-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I tend to dig red wines myself. I like a full bodied flavor with my wine.

Agreed. I can't stand whites and typically prefer either a good Napa Cab or Zin. I am also fairly versed in Italian wines and like most of the ones that I have tried.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I tried some of the Taupo Blueberry Liquer (its local ish)
Quite good stuff that, very nice touch with the blueberry

Rolo
01-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Agreed. I can't stand whites and typically prefer either a good Napa Cab or Zin. I am also fairly versed in Italian wines and like most of the ones that I have tried.

Are you saving some bucks for a bottle from the Caduceus Cellars?

Rolo
01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
When is that? When there's finally a live-DVD in the stores?

Rolo
01-20-2008, 09:05 PM
If the expectation isn't too high. I mean on both the wine and DVD.

Rolo
01-20-2008, 09:16 PM
*sees an image if Rivek emptying the entire bottle at once and then crawls towards that shotgun*

BANG!

guitarguru85
01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
pull!

guitarguru85
01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I am going to have to admit that I am skeptical about the quality of the Caduceus wines. They are blends and I haven't heard much about the wines coming out of Arizona.

As far as a live DVD, I think that I would have to be sober the first time I saw that. Then get drunk and watch it a second time.

Rolo
01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
As far as a live DVD, I think that I would have to be sober the first time I saw that. Then get drunk and watch it a second time.

What's wrong with starting of on the first view? You don't neccisarily have to get drunk? Just enjoying it over a good glass of your favourite beverage.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
lol at skeet shooting target.

I thought most quality wines took 5+ years before they were any good?

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I have never gotten drunk from wine either, but problem is more with supply than consumption ( so far lol ) Bring down the legal drinking age!!!

guitarguru85
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
I have had my share of drunken wine experiences. I think I just drink too much in general

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Irish people don't get drunk, they get tipsy. I have never seen a drunk irishman

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Well theres no pure irish people in my midget town, so that could explain

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I have never gotten drunk from wine either, but problem is more with supply than consumption ( so far lol ) Bring down the legal drinking age!!!

You won't like it, the first couple of times. I remember my first time the whole bedroom was spinning like hell. It was like a carousel.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Half irish/ Half texan and a proud supporter of the Black/ Jedi/ Tool community
Could you get any worse lol

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Forgot to mention the liking of booze and dope.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
ok them too, and the student part as well

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes, that too, and writer

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
More of a comedian as well.
OK thats the psychoanalysis
Tell me rivek, how do you feel lol

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
There's probably alot more that we don't know of

miketh74
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, the wine should be good and aged by then I guess.

I'll wear a Tool shirt and my Tool hat, pop open some of maynard's wine and watch the live DVD. Total Geek night.

LOL. I'll join you on that one. Cheers.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
When is the live dvd due anyway?

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
If only we knew

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
06-06-2066?

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
i wish lol, that would suit maynard

miketh74
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
August 8, 2008.......because that would be 8 up.

hardy har har har.

miketh74
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
like I said, octember 75, sqrt(-1)

LOL

miketh74
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
it's the truth.

I ain't doubtin' it.

My post says I'm 4 69.

Where's my wife?

Rolo
01-21-2008, 08:43 PM
What about 2046? You know: fortysix and two?

miketh74
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
What about 2046? You know: fortysix and two?

Doubt it. Danny and MJK will be approaching 80 by then.

But you never know man.

Rolo
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
It would be the ultimate "fuck you" to the fans.

miketh74
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
It would be the ultimate "fuck you" to the fans.

true

guitarguru85
01-22-2008, 07:55 AM
are you irish?

I'm half Italian and Half Mexicano...Basically you know that I am up to no good

guitarguru85
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Personally, I wouldn't be that surprised to see a live DVD sometime within the next say 5-10 years. I also think that it will be at least 5 years until the next album. They have set a pace here and I think that Maynard has too many things that he wants to do besides Tool and that he will pretty much work on new Tool stuff piecemeal. Also, a lot of the other guys have side projects now too.

Also, how many more albums do you think Tool has left in them? 2? 5? I would lean more towards the 2-3 range.

Also, we know that Maynard is into merchandising and finding ways to support his side projects. A live DVD is a way for him to put together some money to fund the other things in his life that he wants to pursue. Taking this into consideration, a live DVD wouldn't surprise me that much. They have to have the footage already.

Rolo
01-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Personally, I wouldn't be that surprised to see a live DVD sometime within the next say 5-10 years. I also think that it will be at least 5 years until the next album. They have set a pace here and I think that Maynard has too many things that he wants to do besides Tool and that he will pretty much work on new Tool stuff piecemeal. Also, a lot of the other guys have side projects now too.

Also, how many more albums do you think Tool has left in them? 2? 5? I would lean more towards the 2-3 range.

Also, we know that Maynard is into merchandising and finding ways to support his side projects. A live DVD is a way for him to put together some money to fund the other things in his life that he wants to pursue. Taking this into consideration, a live DVD wouldn't surprise me that much. They have to have the footage already.

I've had that discussion with I_E a while back. We both agree that they'll at least release one album, because of their contract. From there we don't know excatly what will happen.

One option could be that after one final album Tool as a band will cease to excist and all members will find their way in new projects. But before they'll call it quits they'll release that long awaited live-DVD. Or maybe even some sort of movie-project, who knows?

Check out I_E's thread about the Vicarious DVD for more details. I'm curious what you think.

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=97483

guitarguru85
01-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I participated for a little while on that thread and then as usual, we got pretty far off topic.

I believe it was in that thread that first made it known that I would love to see some sort of full length film featuring a soundtrack by Tool. I think that it would be awesome to see Adam take on some sort of project that would utilize Tool's music to tell the story of the film. Similar to say, "The Wall."

I actually haven't even seen the Vicarious Video and don't own the DVD, but was looking at it at a store the other day and will probably end up picking it up if I can't see it for free online.

So as far as an opinion on the video, I have yet to form one. I actually haven't spent too much time digging into the videos. Who knows, maybe that's where I will go next.

Rolo
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I participated for a little while on that thread and then as usual, we got pretty far off topic.

Yeah, i forgot, sorry.

I actually haven't even seen the Vicarious Video and don't own the DVD, but was looking at it at a store the other day and will probably end up picking it up if I can't see it for free online.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg

Rolo
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Also I'd say a maximum of three more albums from Tool.

That's an optimistic view, imo.

I'll take one album at the time (call me a pessimist)

guitarguru85
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Also I'd say a maximum of three more albums from Tool.

I totally agree, 2 minimum, 3 maximum

Rolo
01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
That's a serious option.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
that would be disappointing but realistic ay.
IMO only 4 max, but one/two seem more likely.

guitarguru85
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I completely agree that I would not be that surprised if Tool made only one more album. However, Maynard did say that they would keep on making music until one of the band members died. The only question is, at what rate?

It would be dissapointing for Tool to only come out with say 1 or 2 more studio albums, because I mean we would all love for them to keep on making great music, but they are not getting any younger. Also, it can't be easy as an artist to continue in only output. So many artists are constantly redifining themselves and moving into new areas. I think that what will likely happen is that the members of Tool will move on to make new art in new ways that will not necessarily resemble Tool but will have the same spirit.

Also, we could get off our asses and stop just talking about it and make our own art/music so Tool could take a break. (I'm not implying that the people here aren't creative or aren't making music, or creating art, or writing. I am just making a generalization that too often people idolize artists and believe that they could never be capable of what those artists are capable of, when if they ridded themselves of that presupposition, they would find that they are capable of more than they ever dreamed.)

Master_Of_Nothing
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm mastering guitar, and openly sexual lyrics with hidden meanings lol
Maybe they should run a Tool version of Rock School?

Presenting... Maynards Tool School!!

Rolo
01-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I've been on drums but that's ages ago. Not that i was any good at it.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Rivek has played guitar i think? maybe bass.
All we need is a singer
(leefnaspleaf i think lol)

Were you ever in a band Rolo?

Rolo
01-23-2008, 06:45 PM
No.

guitarguru85
01-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I play guitar too (duh, thus the name)... and a mean tambourine. I can't sing worth a damn though.

guitarguru85
01-23-2008, 07:50 PM
My talents are limited to remembering and regurgitating useless pieces of trivia, offering witty insights on other people's work, and the scientific realm

guitarguru85
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Honestly, my guitar skills have atrophied severly due to a lack of people to play with

guitarguru85
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
lol, my "guru" status is probably deceptive these days, but it was a handle I used to go by and I didn't want to use the obvious Tool reference in my name, thus guitarguru (which was already taken so I had to tack on the 85)

I actually wanted to use the name "Magus" but that was taken too

miketh74
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
That does tend to happen...

you username deciever you

I ain't too shabby on the drums.........internet band possibility??? Stranger shit has happened.

By the way, I heard an interview on the radio with MJK about a month ago that he won't be recording with Tool for a while. The dj asked him about it and he said, "I gotta get through this pregnancy (referring to Puscifer) before the fans knock me up again". You all are right though. I think they have 1, maybe 2 more albums left in them. With that 5 year pace, 2 is stretching it.

miketh74
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Why the hell not.

Why not indeed?! Let me gather some samples of my jamming and I'll send 'em. You'll have to forgive me though. I'm without any kind of digital recording equipment at the moment.

miketh74
01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
No problem. I'll blast them through my speakers and come up with some riffs, and send back some rough mixes.

To tell you the truth, I always wanted to try that and no one seemed to want to go through with it. Maybe because they lack the equipment also, I guess.

Gimme a week or so and I'll locate the tools.

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
You know what? I think we are kind of like pirates, we jump aboard a thread, hijack it, and take it for ourselves. That is what we are: cyber pirates.

yo ho!

Well then I'm the Pirate Captain. I've been off the vessel for about a week searching for booty..hehe I'll be back on board later today

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
sauvignon blanc with a steak...? You are far from cultured my friend. What you need is either a hearty Napa valley Cabernet or Mendocino Cabernet with a good steak. Never mix a white with red meat. The acidity and the higher alcohol content mix poorly with the iron in the red meat (the acidity and the heavy metal, iron, create a bitter taste on the palate), plus the tannins in red wine compliment the fats in a good steak nicely. Amateur...

LOL, damn he just got PWNED

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:30 AM
I tend to dig red wines myself. I like a full bodied flavor with my wine.

Agreed, my fav's are a nice Merlot or Pinot Noir

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:31 AM
if it turns out great, I'll get an eyeflamed tatted on my back.

If it's anything less, I'm done with Tool.

To compliment the tattoo of Maynard's face on your left buttcheek?

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
I totally agree, 2 minimum, 3 maximum

Nah, 1 minimum 3 max

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I completely agree that I would not be that surprised if Tool made only one more album. However, Maynard did say that they would keep on making music until one of the band members died. The only question is, at what rate?

It would be dissapointing for Tool to only come out with say 1 or 2 more studio albums, because I mean we would all love for them to keep on making great music, but they are not getting any younger. Also, it can't be easy as an artist to continue in only output. So many artists are constantly redifining themselves and moving into new areas. I think that what will likely happen is that the members of Tool will move on to make new art in new ways that will not necessarily resemble Tool but will have the same spirit.

Also, we could get off our asses and stop just talking about it and make our own art/music so Tool could take a break. (I'm not implying that the people here aren't creative or aren't making music, or creating art, or writing. I am just making a generalization that too often people idolize artists and believe that they could never be capable of what those artists are capable of, when if they ridded themselves of that presupposition, they would find that they are capable of more than they ever dreamed.)

And for our next guest, motivational speaker GG85

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
and a mean tambourine. I can't sing worth a damn though.

hehe, you should join Donnie Osmond

Master_Of_Nothing
01-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Great, now we need a recording booth lol
Tool2 is on the rise

Inner_Eulogy
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I wanna be in the band, I played Guitar Hero III for the first time last weekend and I sucked but I'll get better in time, I promise

Master_Of_Nothing
01-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey i played Guitar Hero 3 about two weeks ago, at a mates house, Had fun raping Through Fire and Flames by Dragonforce. Great fun, not quite good though lol

guitarguru85
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Man, I_E you really went through all of that stuff? Wow, I'm impressed. I also liked the combination of giving me compliments and then tearing right back into me...how we missed you my captain, oh captain.

As far as this internet band goes, I thought that Rivek and I already agreed to start a band called The Lovin Fuckwads.

Also, Guitar Hero III is pretty sweet, and I am pretty damn good at it if I might say so myself.

miketh74
01-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Man, I_E you really went through all of that stuff? Wow, I'm impressed. I also liked the combination of giving me compliments and then tearing right back into me...how we missed you my captain, oh captain.

As far as this internet band goes, I thought that Rivek and I already agreed to start a band called The Lovin Fuckwads.

Also, Guitar Hero III is pretty sweet, and I am pretty damn good at it if I might say so myself.

So why was the drummer left out?

*raises hand*

guitarguru85
01-24-2008, 05:07 PM
So why was the drummer left out?

*raises hand*

Oh I think that was during your brief vacation from the TDN, but we definitely need a drummer.

BTW, I am going down to St. Louis in a week for Mardi Gras in Soulard. I have friends down there and I hear it's a good time.

Inner_Eulogy
01-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey i played Guitar Hero 3 about two weeks ago, at a mates house, Had fun raping Through Fire and Flames by Dragonforce. Great fun, not quite good though lol

Haha, yeah that song gets hard at the end

Inner_Eulogy
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM

What can I say? <shrug> =-)

Inner_Eulogy
01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
While we're semi on the subject. I think I'm gonna go buy Rock Band for PS3 after work today, smoke a fatty and jam out

Rolo
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh I think that was during your brief vacation from the TDN, but we definitely need a drummer.

BTW, I am going down to St. Louis in a week for Mardi Gras in Soulard. I have friends down there and I hear it's a good time.

Yeah, Miketh74 would be a good choice for a drummer, considering my most recent time behind a kit is more than a decade away. I'll train my throat with a great amount of Scotch. After that i'll be available to do some background deathgrunts, if you need some. Otherwise i'll just come and watch you all in the studio. Just for the fun of it.

Inner_Eulogy
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Miketh74 would be a good choice for a drummer, considering my most recent time behind a kit is more than a decade away. I'll train my throat with a great amount of Scotch. After that i'll be available to do some background deathgrunts, if you need some. Otherwise i'll just come and watch you all in the studio. Just for the fun of it.

After tonight, I'll be ready for the big time, I'll tellin' ya'

guitarguru85
01-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Scotch? Who said scotch? I like scotch.

We need a crew of backup singers in matching cheesy light blue tuxedoes, you can help with that...

Rolo
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Scotch? Who said scotch? I like scotch.

We need a crew of backup singers in matching cheesy light blue tuxedoes, you can help with that...

There you go:

http://www.amazon.com/Jonnys-Mitzvah-First-Gimme-Gimmes/dp/B0002XEEFC

guitarguru85
01-25-2008, 05:48 PM
YES!!

I know this band, they had some funny punk-ska versions of classic songs. I mean, not much in the way of a great talent, but fun party music. I actually like ska and some punk, used to be in a punk/ska band at one point called The McFly's (like in Back to the Future). Good times.

Just the background singers would wear the tuxedoes though.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-25-2008, 06:38 PM
lol, we need some gregorian chants in there lol

guitarguru85
01-25-2008, 07:07 PM
dude's in powder blue tuxedoes doing gregorian chant... I like it.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 11:40 AM

MOST definitely. Let me know what day you're going. It would be nice to run into a fellow TDNer. I heard the weather may actually be tolerable this time.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 11:42 AM
After tonight, I'll be ready for the big time, I'll tellin' ya'

I'm tellin' ya. We gotta get some samples of our material to each other. I would seriously like to give it a wing.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM

Sounds like a definite plan to me.

Rolo
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
YES!!

I know this band, they had some funny punk-ska versions of classic songs. I mean, not much in the way of a great talent, but fun party music. I actually like ska and some punk, used to be in a punk/ska band at one point called The McFly's (like in Back to the Future). Good times.

Just the background singers would wear the tuxedoes though.

I actually try to collect as much coversongs like they do as i can find. I've got around 1,370 different ones covered by metal-, punk, ska-bands.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Whoa, you are obsessed aren't ya?

So we still called the Loving Fuckwads?

Rolo
01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Whoa, you are obsessed aren't ya?

No, man. It just got outta hand a little. It's just for the fun. Most of the songs are junk.

BTW; Slayer did a mighty version of "born to be wild"

Master_Of_Nothing
01-26-2008, 02:49 PM
lol, terrible, truly terrible.
I don't know if this fits into your categories but
Deftones covers of Savoury and Simple man are noteworthy

Rolo
01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Who's the original artist? I don't recall.

They did a terrible "ordinary love" from Sade.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow..........Sade. Haven't heard that band name in quite a while.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey, Rivek PMed me and says he misses everyone. I will post a few links he sent me on his musical projects. Gimme a little while though.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 03:54 PM
http://rivekthefallen.googlepages.com/spykedemo01.mp3

Basic, but not bad. A lot of possibilities.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Simple man was a Lynrd Skynrd piece
not sure about Savoury though.

guitarguru85
01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
MOST definitely. Let me know what day you're going. It would be nice to run into a fellow TDNer. I heard the weather may actually be tolerable this time.

Yeah, I know that a friend and I are driving down on Fri, Feb 1st and planning on going out on Sat, Feb 2nd. I don't really know any details other than we are going to Soulard.

Is it a good time? I've never been.

Yeah, if we happen to cross paths that would be interesting.

guitarguru85
01-26-2008, 05:08 PM
http://rivekthefallen.googlepages.com/spykedemo01.mp3

Basic, but not bad. A lot of possibilities.

Agreed, not bad, I would maybe work on the tone a bit to make the guitar a little thicker and I liked the middle section with the sustained chord and sort of trippy feel. the biggest addition would be good solid beat and some solid fills. Also, I think a second guitar coming in with a lead part would thicken it up a bit.

Since I know that Rivek is into trance and other types of techo music, it would be interesting to put in some electronic aspects into it and see what it does. That's the direction I sort of felt him going with it. A sort of Deftones or NIN feel.

Did you guys know that the band The Postal Service records all of their music this way with the members mailing the pieces to each other and each adding their own part? I had no idea.

guitarguru85
01-26-2008, 05:14 PM
I actually try to collect as much coversongs like they do as i can find. I've got around 1,370 different ones covered by metal-, punk, ska-bands.

I truly good cover is an awesome thing.

What are your guys' favorite cover songs of all time...

Personally, lately I am partial to Matisyahu's version of "Message in a Bottle" I'm not sure why, I mean I like Matisyahu but I hate that song.

I would really like to hear a good cover of "Paint It Black" by the Stones, there have been some really bad ones that I have heard and that song deserves a good one.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I know that a friend and I are driving down on Fri, Feb 1st and planning on going out on Sat, Feb 2nd. I don't really know any details other than we are going to Soulard.

Is it a good time? I've never been.

Yeah, if we happen to cross paths that would be interesting.

Oh yeah it's a good time. Lots of drunkards around. Any bar along Sydney and 13th will be hoppin.

miketh74
01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Agreed, not bad, I would maybe work on the tone a bit to make the guitar a little thicker and I liked the middle section with the sustained chord and sort of trippy feel. the biggest addition would be good solid beat and some solid fills. Also, I think a second guitar coming in with a lead part would thicken it up a bit.

Since I know that Rivek is into trance and other types of techo music, it would be interesting to put in some electronic aspects into it and see what it does. That's the direction I sort of felt him going with it. A sort of Deftones or NIN feel.

Did you guys know that the band The Postal Service records all of their music this way with the members mailing the pieces to each other and each adding their own part? I had no idea.

Didn't know that.

The solid fills would be where I come in.

guitarguru85
01-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Didn't know that.

The solid fills would be where I come in.

definitely,

I listened to it but couldn't really find a lead part that I thought fit. That's not really my strong point honestly, but I will keep plugging.

guitarguru85
01-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah it's a good time. Lots of drunkards around. Any bar along Sydney and 13th will be hoppin.

Sydney and 13th you say... I will talk more to my friends and see what their plans are