PDA

View Full Version : live

rll
06-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Listening to this song on the cd does no justice to this song. One of the most amazing songs I have ever heard live. From Danny's tabla solo on it is almost orgasmic. The way this song builds to a climax live is beyond words. Discuss.

Cheesegreater
06-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I completely agree that this song really shines live. However, I do believe the CD does it justice. Right in Two does this for a lot of people when they see it live, or at least I've heard. My belief is that a lot of people take awhile to warm up to this song, and when people hear it live and are actually "forced" to hear it in it's entirety they think they've heard something special when the song's been a masterpiece since it's conception.

Now that you've heard it live in all it's glory, pop the album in and give it another listen. I love Right in Two. From the drum solo to the wall of sound produced by the guitar it's just perfect.

dirkz
06-26-2007, 06:17 AM
I completely agree that this song really shines live. However, I do believe the CD does it justice. Right in Two does this for a lot of people when they see it live, or at least I've heard. My belief is that a lot of people take awhile to warm up to this song, and when people hear it live and are actually "forced" to hear it in it's entirety they think they've heard something special when the song's been a masterpiece since it's conception.

Now that you've heard it live in all it's glory, pop the album in and give it another listen. I love Right in Two. From the drum solo to the wall of sound produced by the guitar it's just perfect.

That's how it was for me. I never listened to this song when the album first came out, but after a few months I really started to pay attention to it. It quickly became my favorite Tool song after that.

I heard the song live in Peoria last week, and it indeed blew me away. Once I got over the initial shock of being so happy that they actually played RIT instead of Flood, it was non-stop amazement for me.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
this song is beautiful live. Maynard's vocals are great, and Danny is great. The final swell in the music is great. I loved it.

MadMax
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I wish they would have played Right in Two at one of the shows I went to....at least I got Flood twice.

Since the first time I listened to 10,000 days I thought Right in Two was an amazing song.

toolrox19
08-06-2007, 08:15 PM
gives you a toolgasm ;)

Blackbird71
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM

I agree with this. However, for me, I was really getting into this song before I saw Tool the second time around on the 10K Days Tour, and was really hoping to hear this one instead of Flood or Pushit. I got lucky, and they played Right in Two, and it was even more amazing live than on the album. This is a great song. I do think what you said is right, though--once people give it a chance (forced to listen to it in concert), it grabs them and they recognize what a great song it is.

On a side note, I really enjoy listening to Intension before Right in Two, but I'm sure most of you guys do, too. Just sets the mood for me.

SpeiranVaun
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
they didn't play this song when I saw them in Indiana...

I feel sad. :-(

base metal
08-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Probably the song that impressed me the most live, they absolutely nailed it.

Two thumbs up.

devils_advokate
08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Listening to this song on the cd does no justice to this song. One of the most amazing songs I have ever heard live. From Danny's tabla solo on it is almost orgasmic. The way this song builds to a climax live is beyond words. Discuss.

you`re devinitivly right!!