PDA

View Full Version : meaning of the title

blaine
12-02-2002, 12:57 AM
ok the title of the CD and the title of the song are spelled differently as everyone notices, An Anima is a jungian term which means a mental cleansing and an enema is a physical cleansing, i was thinking that the CD is spelt with an I to mean anima. As in the CD is meant to clean the mental state of reality. The song is about getting rid of the lower end of society therefor being a physical cleansing and that is why they slected to spell the song with an E. Tell me what you think?

KILLIAN
12-02-2002, 01:19 AM
From what I understand of the works of Jung the word Anima isn't about mental clensing, it's actually a component of the subconcious. The "Anima" is the female component of the male psyche where as the "Animus"(another of Jungs "archtypes") is the male component of the female psyche. In a nutshell. If you can get your hands on some of Jung's books they offer some great reading.
But I think the title sugests cleaning all the shit from the mind.

bottom_feeder99
12-03-2002, 12:37 PM
hey guys I belive Adam in the interview on this sitesaid it is about an Amageddon where basicaly California falls into the sea....now, I bet all of you know that already so you must be talking about the actual meaning of the word (like dictionary style) so your mostlikly looking for anima....the non æ WAY
thats no good cuz the word are different....anyway if you want me to explain more or to tell me to fuckoff, cuz I actually have no Idea what your talking about just reply.

thanks guys

Mark D
12-03-2002, 12:55 PM
This song is definitly about cleansing. I dont think its really about cleansing the traditional "lower rung of society", but getting rid of the fakes and the people headed in a negetive direction. Also this little bit of information might be interesting. I downloaded a song off kazaa which is titled "tool aenema (great live version)". Pretty good and is actually a real file. Anyway, at the start Maynard says,"Are any of you familiar with the work of Carl Young? Psychologist? This song explores a more contemporary version of that psychotherapy method involving high colonics."
Think about it.

BobTheWise
12-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Don't forget LIBER V vel REGULI
http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib5.html

Flood
12-05-2002, 03:47 PM
I think this song is about both Physical and Mental cleansing.

Jimmy Barnumz
12-07-2002, 07:31 PM
In Maynard's own words, Ænema is about "Better living through irrigation." I agree with that. An enema, clearing away of stuipd people, aimed at L.A and the theory that California will break off from the rest of North America.

Shinji
07-11-2007, 04:57 AM
"This song explores a more contemporary version of that psychotherapy method involving high colonics."
Think about it.
Assholes ? :-)

lagimatt
02-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't think it's the lower rung people neccesarily.

Its the mindless people, the robots, the blind followers, the dumbfounded dipshits. The People who 'fret' over insignificant superficial things while the real world and the things that really matter pass you by. All the silly shit that yuppies obsess over isn't going to mean dogdick when something life changing happens to wake them up from their clouded-mind blind-wandering zombie states and all of a sudden their $1000 purse doesn't fucking mean anything to fucking anyone anymore. Fuck you and your inordinate fascination with yourselves. :-)

lagimatt
02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
/angry rant

Inner_Eulogy
02-20-2008, 10:27 AM
/angry rant

Looks like one angry cat