View Full Version : 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

paraflux
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Tool
July 18, 2007
Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

cirkus
06-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Can't wait to find out how good my seats are. I was able to get a pair of presale tickets thanks to TA.

Arkham Asylum
06-22-2007, 05:17 AM
It's a really nice venue, half-covered seating plus open air amphitheater. Hope to see you there.

Khadgar346
06-22-2007, 05:47 AM
last show for the US tour correct?

I can't wait for this one!

Arkham Asylum
06-22-2007, 06:08 AM
last show for the US tour correct?

I can't wait for this one!

As of now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a few more dates (most likely in the NYC region?)

Also, why stop on a Wednesday night? It would be an irregular amount of time before the Europe tour anyway, so maybe a Friday/Saturday in NYC?

It would be sweet if Holmdel was the last one though, maybe we'd get something special...oh wait, we're talking about Tool here, never mind.

armmar
06-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Pretty sure this will be the last show on this tour being that they wouldn't announce more shows just a few weeks before

Arkham Asylum
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Pretty sure this will be the last show on this tour being that they wouldn't announce more shows just a few weeks before

You could be right. The latest tour shirts they've been selling at the shows have Holmdel listed as the last date at the bottom of the shirt.

Khadgar346
06-22-2007, 11:37 AM
yeah plus I would imagine they would want a break from tours.
has anyone been to the PNC center? I was able to score a seat in section 201, I have no idea if the seat is any good or not but it will be my first time to see a tool show on the right side of the stage.
how is the sound? amphitheaters tend to be waaay better than arenas so I'm looking forward to that.

Arkham Asylum
06-22-2007, 12:11 PM
yeah plus I would imagine they would want a break from tours.
has anyone been to the PNC center? I was able to score a seat in section 201, I have no idea if the seat is any good or not but it will be my first time to see a tool show on the right side of the stage.
how is the sound? amphitheaters tend to be waaay better than arenas so I'm looking forward to that.

A few of my friends told me the sound was spectacular but they were on the lawn.
Also, they said the lawn is VERY far from the stage. As far as Tool is concerned, it's probably still a good view anyway. Anyway, the way the ampitheater is constructed, I think any seat is probably good, not just center seats (as long as you're not tucked back into some weird corner/edge.)

armmar
06-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Went to see NIN at PNC and pretty much every seat in the house is good...Good sound, decent view...Even the lawn, as far away as it is, provides a nice experience with good sound and a laid back atmosphere

Selassie
06-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Never been to this venue. I have 302 row s 3rd and 4th seat in from the middle. I am assuming these are great seats, dead center and right behind the soundboard. From the seating chart it looks far back, but I have heard it is small.

To anyone who has been there are these decent seats, Will I be super far back ?

Sp00k
06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I had plans to hit this show while I was on a work trip in Paramus the week of the 18th, but my trip got pushed out 2 weeks today. I just got F'd in the A.

Arkham Asylum
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Never been to this venue. I have 302 row s 3rd and 4th seat in from the middle. I am assuming these are great seats, dead center and right behind the soundboard. From the seating chart it looks far back, but I have heard it is small.

To anyone who has been there are these decent seats, Will I be super far back ?

Far won't necessarily be a bad thing. There is seating for about 7000 and you've seen how spread out it is, so maybe it's not as far back as it looks.

Khadgar346
06-24-2007, 10:08 AM
armmar, when you went to see NIN did they just do patdowns or did they do metal detectors too? metal detector wands I mean

echoe09
06-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I know it is a little early but i really want to go to this show so if anyone ends up with extra ticket or two please let me know. BTW is there another place i can go to look for tieckets..besides ticketmaster cause the seats available arent the best.

Khadgar346
06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
echoe09, check out stubhub or ebay. possibly craigslist if you can trust it too. I scored a nice seat on stubhub for only $20 over the facevalue. Otherwise go to the "looking for tickets" sticky thread and see if anyone has an extra, prob won't be that great of a seat but will be better than the ones on ticketmaster at this time.

dice5199
06-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I know it is a little early but i really want to go to this show so if anyone ends up with extra ticket or two please let me know. BTW is there another place i can go to look for tieckets..besides ticketmaster cause the seats available arent the best.

Great seats typically become available on Ticketmaster right before the show. This occurs because some of the reserved seats do not get taken.

At the AC show, I saw a guy who was bragging that he got tickets the day of the show in front of the soundboard and that his friend got tickets months ago that were far away.

armmar
06-24-2007, 06:44 PM
armmar, when you went to see NIN did they just do patdowns or did they do metal detectors too? metal detector wands I mean

I remember just your typical patdown, but I could be wrong...Security wasn't very tight once you got inside

And to the other poster, yeah, just wait til a few days before the show...I've always been able to score amazing seats when I've used this method

echoe09
06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
okay thanks alot guys i hope ill see them again at pnc. iIm gonna try to sneak in a camera. ill try stubhub for now and if i think i can get better ill wait for a couple days before on ticketmaster.

Arkham Asylum
06-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's to hoping the weather doesn't fuck us.

REQUIEMnJADED4U
06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
It's a beautiful venue, one of the best to see concerts at. I just hope that it being an open air venue with outside lights, that it doesn't mess up the exquiste light show that goes with Wings 1&2.
P.S. I've been there tons of times, no metal detectors, no wands, just a half assed pat down.

Khadgar346
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
good to know requiem, I too am going to for a cam in there. no flash of course.

armmar
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
It's a beautiful venue, one of the best to see concerts at. I just hope that it being an open air venue with outside lights, that it doesn't mess up the exquiste light show that goes with Wings 1&2.
P.S. I've been there tons of times, no metal detectors, no wands, just a half assed pat down.

The laser show shouldn't be affected...I saw Tool in Camden which has a similar venue and the laser show was fabulous there as well...Even at Bonnaroo, which is all open, the lasers were fucking fantastic

Arkham Asylum
06-26-2007, 12:47 PM
The laser show shouldn't be affected...I saw Tool in Camden which has a similar venue and the laser show was fabulous there as well...Even at Bonnaroo, which is all open, the lasers were fucking fantastic

I'm sure our good ol' Jersey smog and air pollution will accentuate the lasers well (it works on sunsets, right?!)

And people wonder why we're so fucking proud of being from Jersey.

Gtiboi7
06-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Im looking to buy some tickets for this show, if anyone is looking to get rid of some..Thanks!

PS how are the lawn seats at this venue?

echoe09
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Im looking to buy some tickets for this show, if anyone is looking to get rid of some..Thanks!

PS how are the lawn seats at this venue?

HEY! buddy wait in line im first.

Just kidding you could buy some at stubhub..itll cost an arm and a leg for good seats.. or just wait for ticketmaster to release some good untaken reserved seats.

Arkham Asylum
06-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Question to anyone who's been to PNC BAC before:

Does PSE&G still do the thing where they give out free chairs to the first 100 people who show up for the lawn? I was wondering because I want to know if I should bring my own folding seat (I'm bringing someone who has a knee injury) or if I can take a chance with the free chair thing? I will be one of the first 100 because I'm going straight to the venue right after work (so I'll probably be there around 5:15 pm.)

echoe09
06-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm sure our good ol' Jersey smog and air pollution will accentuate the lasers well (it works on sunsets, right?!)

And people wonder why we're so fucking proud of being from Jersey.

lol.. HELL YEA

that is weird i never quite get why people don't like us because we love jersey.. maybe they dont like therir state

Sharpshooter2k3
06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
They released 100 level seats and I got one. OH YEA

Row Y but who cares

What is the setup of this Arena. Is it sort of like stadium seating or is it a flat 100 level?

Khadgar346
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
PNC is an amphitheater, so the lower ORCHESTRA isn't too stadium like, you def won't be able to see the visuals on the stage floor but hey, you are close anyways.

ORCHESTRA is the first lower level, then Lodge is a bit higher than that, then the terrance high than that etc. lawn over looks everthing

Sharpshooter2k3
06-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Has anybody snuck up close to the front when having lower level tickets? I'm thinking of editing the pdf file I have to a closer row just in case i get caught.

Also what row does ticketmaster stop selling seats on the ticketfast system?

echoe09
07-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Question to anyone who's been to PNC BAC before:

Does PSE&G still do the thing where they give out free chairs to the first 100 people who show up for the lawn? I was wondering because I want to know if I should bring my own folding seat (I'm bringing someone who has a knee injury) or if I can take a chance with the free chair thing? I will be one of the first 100 because I'm going straight to the venue right after work (so I'll probably be there around 5:15 pm.)

hey i saw on the site it said the first 300 to get there will get free lawn seats.

viti
07-03-2007, 05:40 AM
i dont know if anybody heard of the security thing at pnc now. Supposedly there were a bunch of underage kids getting wasted and got arrested about a month ago and ever since security has been ridiculous. ive been to pnc a bunch of time but not yet this summer, security has never been a problem. Im wondering if its going to be like that for the tool show being that i would like to tailgate, smoke and enjoy myself.

Anyone else worried bout this ruining it?

Arkham Asylum
07-03-2007, 05:54 AM
i dont know if anybody heard of the security thing at pnc now. Supposedly there were a bunch of underage kids getting wasted and got arrested about a month ago and ever since security has been ridiculous. ive been to pnc a bunch of time but not yet this summer, security has never been a problem. Im wondering if its going to be like that for the tool show being that i would like to tailgate, smoke and enjoy myself.

Anyone else worried bout this ruining it?

Yeah, I heard about those kids getting busted.

If you need to get fucked up to enjoy yourself, then do it in adjacent parking lots and then walk over to PNC BAC afterwards. I don't see how security could ruin it though.

MadMax
07-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I can't wait for this show. I'm going to this and the Reading, PA show two days before this. Has anyone been to this venue before? Will section 402 (third level of the venue) be any good? How is security there?

viti
07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I can't wait for this show. I'm going to this and the Reading, PA show two days before this. Has anyone been to this venue before? Will section 402 (third level of the venue) be any good? How is security there?

security used to be cool..suposedly now sucks

time bomb
07-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Ticketmaster just released a few decent seats.. Snagged a section 302 row B ticket for myself. See you all there!

echoe09
07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Im hopufully going now.. i am kinda in the transaction of buying a ticket from someone. hopefully it all goes well and i get to go.

btw timebomb how much did you pay for yours?

time bomb
07-07-2007, 09:19 PM
The ticket was $92 after taxes and fees

echoe09
07-08-2007, 05:40 AM
The ticket was $92 after taxes and fees

Ok. Same here were basically sitting in the same row if i get them im like 103 or something

time bomb
07-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Seat 126 here

Khadgar346
07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
it's a bit dissapointing to find out ticketmaster continues to release better seats, then goes back to selling the ones towards the back that aren't covered.
I bought mine on stubbhubb luckly for just a bit more over face value in section 201 which I'm very happy about, but after checking back at ticketmaster, stubbhub isn't needed lol.

oh well, I can't wait for this show!

Selassie
07-10-2007, 04:20 AM
it's a bit dissapointing to find out ticketmaster continues to release better seats, then goes back to selling the ones towards the back that aren't covered.
I bought mine on stubbhubb luckly for just a bit more over face value in section 201 which I'm very happy about, but after checking back at ticketmaster, stubbhub isn't needed lol.

oh well, I can't wait for this show!

Agreed. Nothing like getting 302 row s as the best seats @ 10:10 day the tickets go on sale and buying them - then find 303 row b and section 200 over this past weekend released. Happens every time and like a sucker I buy tickets day of sale and get screwed like this - every time . Just hoping my seats are good. My wife is isnt the tallest so I hope the incline is enough she will be able to see 18 rows back...

Joshenstein
07-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Hey guys never been to the PNC.. I got 400 tier level seats, apparently that's the highest they go.. How decent or shitty are my seats gonna be?

Arkham Asylum
07-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Hey guys never been to the PNC.. I got 400 tier level seats, apparently that's the highest they go.. How decent or shitty are my seats gonna be?

Don't sweat it, man. PNC Banks Arts Center is one of the best amphitheaters in the US; every seat is a good seat. Only problem is you're uncovered and it might rain....here's hoping for "Flood".

time bomb
07-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Ya, there's not really a bad seat in PNC.

Joshenstein
07-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Great news.. yeah i'm bringing my chick with me who's not a fan of tool or rock music for that matter. The last thing i would want is rain and give her an excuse to piss and moan and ruin my first tool show..

Khadgar346
07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
lol dump her ass over tool ;)

Sharpshooter2k3
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Great news.. yeah i'm bringing my chick with me who's not a fan of tool or rock music for that matter. The last thing i would want is rain and give her an excuse to piss and moan and ruin my first tool show..

Just get her drunk

echoe09
07-10-2007, 09:00 PM
HAHAH both of those answers will work. First Tool show for you, its gonne be awesome.. Mine was atlantic city and it was amazing. I wonder if the fact that its an ampitheatre will effect sound..and i wonder what they wll do for smoke in special effects because its open air (for the most part). None of my friends could go with me so i already bought the ticket basically looks like im going alone to this one

Selassie
07-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Fingers crossed they end this leg of the tour w/ pushit...

Arkham Asylum
07-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Fingers crossed they end this leg of the tour w/ pushit...

Nah, not "Pushit". A solid "Ænema" would be killer.

But no use in wasting words. Guess we'll just have to wait and see/hear.

Gtiboi7
07-11-2007, 07:28 AM
HAHAH both of those answers will work. First Tool show for you, its gonne be awesome.. Mine was atlantic city and it was amazing. I wonder if the fact that its an ampitheatre will effect sound..and i wonder what they wll do for smoke in special effects because its open air (for the most part). None of my friends could go with me so i already bought the ticket basically looks like im going alone to this one

if im thinking correctly the pnc is just like the tweeter in camden, and the last show tool did in camden honestly sounded the best to me. I thought the sound in AC sucked, so I think you're in for a real treat..

Gtiboi7
07-11-2007, 07:29 AM
up

Khadgar346
07-11-2007, 08:54 AM

It will be my first time to go to the PNC venue, but from my personal experience... I saw Tool perform in a ampitheatre when Maynard couldn't sing and then I saw the make up show in San Antonio which was in the Spurs arena. Ampitheatre's sound soooo much better for acoustics. In fact they are built for them! Now was far as the smoke outside, from what I remember the smoke just gets spread out more compaired to indoors because the fans are not as nearly as powerful as the wind. Either way I have a feeling this will be a great last show for the US tour!

Arkham Asylum
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
also anyone looking to dump a ticket thats close to the philly/ south jersey area??, im already doing reading I minus well do north jersey as well..

Check out the TDN ticket hookup.

To khadgar: yes, this will be a great show and I'm glad they're ending this leg at home (that's what NJ is for me at least). PNC is an excellent amphitheater (built for the acoustics) and I'm not too worried about how the lasers turn out, there are enough particles in Jersey air to support that shit.

Underalus
07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I've got tickets in the 400 section but I was just wondering if the 100 section is going to be open pit or seating. If it's seating that's fucking fantastic. I was at Hamilton a couple days ago and got assfucked in the front row. It was cool being in the front row but I was pummeled and couldn't hear she-it. I figure I could probably walk up to at least the 200's.

Arkham Asylum
07-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I've got tickets in the 400 section but I was just wondering if the 100 section is going to be open pit or seating. If it's seating that's fucking fantastic. I was at Hamilton a couple days ago and got assfucked in the front row. It was cool being in the front row but I was pummeled and couldn't hear she-it. I figure I could probably walk up to at least the 200's.

Everything is seated except for the lawn (which is general admission and is located behind/above the amphitheater).

mistershow
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm soooo going to this show. This is my favorite venue of all time!

Has anyone heard of a band called Schism? they are a Tool Tribute Band. They are playing Hammerstein Ballroom August 10th

Underalus
07-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh shit son! I wish I had front-rows for this. Seated...wow. That would be gorgeous. I'll try and walk up to the 200s anyways.

Joshenstein
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
So i guess it's safe to assume that 300 level seats at the PNC would be ideal no?

viti
07-12-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm soooo going to this show. This is my favorite venue of all time!

Has anyone heard of a band called Schism? they are a Tool Tribute Band. They are playing Hammerstein Ballroom August 10th

Yeah ive saw them and i talk to the guitarist via tool army...they are actually pretty solid. good way to spend a night.

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 04:36 AM
So i guess it's safe to assume that 300 level seats at the PNC would be ideal no?

There's really no such thing as a bad seat at PNC.

But yeah, level 300-center seats would be perfect for both sound and visuals/distance. Someone who wanted to watch the band members, however, may disagree with you.

Gtiboi7
07-12-2007, 05:04 AM
so anyone have an extra that will be at the show and i can pick it up there? or a couple days before the show? not all into this paypal and it seems everyone prefers that. im located here in central jersey..thanks!

Gtiboi7
07-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Flood please, or pushit!

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 05:41 AM
so anyone have an extra that will be at the show and i can pick it up there? or a couple days before the show? not all into this paypal and it seems everyone prefers that. im located here in central jersey..thanks!

You know that Ticketmaster still has tickets, right?

Gtiboi7
07-12-2007, 05:44 AM
You know that Ticketmaster still has tickets, right?

really? let me check thanks man

unfort they only have 400 level left, i think i can do a lil better on here for the same price. still working it out but ill be there..Also anyone doing any pregaming in the parking lot? are they strict about that stuff at this venue?

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 05:58 AM
really? let me check thanks man

unfort they only have 400 level left, i think i can do a lil better on here for the same price. still working it out but ill be there..Also anyone doing any pregaming in the parking lot? are they strict about that stuff at this venue?

1. If you can manage it, wait until a day or two before the show. Ticketmaster tends to release great seats just then (usually because they're leftovers from what they had reserved for "special interest buyers"). Also, there's no such thing as a bad seat at PNC. I definitely recommend that you check out the TDN Ticket Hookup if you're in a hurry.

2. PNC Bank Arts Center is EXTREMELY strict about underage drinking, and by extension I can only assume they're pretty rough about anything remotely "inappropriate" in their parking lots. Google "PNC arts center underage" and you'll find some news stories/articles about how they busted a bunch of people at some Gwen Stefani show last year and since then they hired 60 (read: SIXTY) additional security officers to crack down on that sort of shit. My advice is don't blow it, PNC is really the best venue to ever see Tool at (except maybe Red Rocks) so it's probably not worth missing out over a few drinks and a joint or whatever.

Gtiboi7
07-12-2007, 06:06 AM
1. If you can manage it, wait until a day or two before the show. Ticketmaster tends to release great seats just then (usually because they're leftovers from what they had reserved for "special interest buyers"). Also, there's no such thing as a bad seat at PNC. I definitely recommend that you check out the TDN Ticket Hookup if you're in a hurry.

2. PNC Bank Arts Center is EXTREMELY strict about underage drinking, and by extension I can only assume they're pretty rough about anything remotely "inappropriate" in their parking lots. Google "PNC arts center underage" and you'll find some news stories/articles about how they busted a bunch of people at some Gwen Stefani show last year and since then they hired 60 (read: SIXTY) additional security officers to crack down on that sort of shit. My advice is don't blow it, PNC is really the best venue to ever see Tool at (except maybe Red Rocks) so it's probably not worth missing out over a few drinks and a joint or whatever.

Ok thanks for the info, pretty pumped up about this show. The venue sounds pretty bad ass, I been to the tweeter in camden and i assume its similar..that sucks about the parking lot, but like you said i wouldnt want to chance it with Tool. Well you seem to be pretty familiar with the area, im going to try to get up there early..Any good local bars for a beer and bite to eat?

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 06:12 AM
Ok thanks for the info, pretty pumped up about this show. The venue sounds pretty bad ass, I been to the tweeter in camden and i assume its similar..that sucks about the parking lot, but like you said i wouldnt want to chance it with Tool. Well you seem to be pretty familiar with the area, im going to try to get up there early..Any good local bars for a beer and bite to eat?

Sorry if I misled you. I live in Central Jersey (about half an hour from the venue), but I haven't ever spent much time IN Holmdel (I used to go to Holmdel park as a kid to go sledding though.) Maybe the venue's site or the Ticketmaster page lists some recommendations. Enjoy the show, I hope to see ya there.

Gtiboi7
07-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Sorry if I misled you. I live in Central Jersey (about half an hour from the venue), but I haven't ever spent much time IN Holmdel (I used to go to Holmdel park as a kid to go sledding though.) Maybe the venue's site or the Ticketmaster page lists some recommendations. Enjoy the show, I hope to see ya there.

cool where abouts in central jersey??im located here as well

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 06:33 AM
cool where abouts in central jersey??im located here as well

South Brunswick (trapped in suburbia haha.) It's between New Brunswick (where Rutgers is) and Princeton (where Princeton obviously is.)

Where are you?

Gtiboi7
07-12-2007, 06:35 AM
South Brunswick (trapped in suburbia haha.) It's between New Brunswick (where Rutgers is) and Princeton (where Princeton obviously is.)

Where are you?

ok im a lil further south in burlington co, but attended school at rutgers. Nice to see some fans in the area. On a good note, looks like I scored a tool army presale from the ticket hookup for face value. Glad I didnt have to go thru ticketbastard

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 06:43 AM
ok im a lil further south in burlington co, but attended school at rutgers. Nice to see some fans in the area. On a good note, looks like I scored a tool army presale from the ticket hookup for face value. Glad I didnt have to go thru ticketbastard

Awesome, those are bound to be good seats.

If you've been to Rutgers, you're probably better off eating somewhere around there and then heading over to PNC afterwards. Grab some Greasetrucks or something.

Also, NJ has tons of Tool fans. I wanna say that we've got more fans than anyone else, but I think California, New York, and New Zealand might be tied/have us beat. Oh well, time to recruit some more then...

SirGrotius
07-12-2007, 06:48 AM
I've also got 400 level seats for this show. I'm assuming that I'll be far, but hopefully it'll still be a good experience. I have some trepidation, especially since tickets are so damn expensive.

How's parking at this place? I was tempted to buy VIP parking for $30, but figured it might be a waste.

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 06:55 AM
I've also got 400 level seats for this show. I'm assuming that I'll be far, but hopefully it'll still be a good experience. I have some trepidation, especially since tickets are so damn expensive.

How's parking at this place? I was tempted to buy VIP parking for $30, but figured it might be a waste.

Your seats will most likely be fine, don't sweat it. Parking is okay here, there are adjacent lots as well if necessary (they've provided shuttles in the past.)

Don't blow $30 for VIP parking on top of a $70 ticket (oh wait, Ticketmaster makes that $90). VIP parking is convenient, but not worth the money. You're better off just leaving like a half hour earlier from home.

echoe09
07-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Since they are doing to shows in jersey (cause they know we rock) they will have to change up the setlist for the people who would go twice so im thinking pushit instead of right in two..and we might get flood.

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Since they are doing to shows in jersey (cause they know we rock) they will have to change up the setlist for the people who would go twice so im thinking pushit instead of right in two..and we might get flood.

Or they could totally rock my world by dumping all of those songs and giving us a healthy "Ænema" instead. Again, no use wasting words though...

SchismEleven
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Anyone think that Ticketmaster will relese great seats soon because they did not for the Mansfiled and Reading shows. I really hope thye do because I passed up SEC 303 tickets last week, thinking that TM would have even better ones right before the show, but now all they have is LAWN :( (2 tickets)

SchismEleven
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Or they could totally rock my world by dumping all of those songs and giving us a healthy "Ænema" instead. Again, no use wasting words though...

AEnema after Jambi and then Pushit (slow version) as a closer!! And I saw A perfect circle at PNC bcak in 04' GREAT SOUND and even (up front and from the lawn!)

Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Anyone think that Ticketmaster will relese great seats soon because they did not for the Mansfiled and Reading shows. I really hope thye do because I passed up SEC 303 tickets last week, thinking that TM would have even better ones right before the show, but now all they have is LAWN :( (2 tickets)

It's too late for Mansfield, the Maine show seems to be sold out, but there are still "decent" seats (a.k.a. not side or rear view) available for Reading even though the show is 4 days away. I wouldn't stress out over this, Ticketmaster pretty much always releases seats close to the show.

new millenium cyanide christ
07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
i have an extra orchestra ticket in section 204 if anyones interested...

face value of course...

PM me

echoe09
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Arkham Asylum how about those songs AND Aenima

Arkham Asylum
07-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Arkham Asylum how about those songs AND Aenima

Haha, fair enough. After all, they played BOTH "Pushit" and "Flood" last night in Mansfield, so you may be on to something here...

Joshenstein
07-13-2007, 05:32 AM
I gotta tell ya i'm definitely skeptical about Jambi as an opener.. I've seen videos on youtube with Stinkfist and The grudge as openers and each time i watched it I got goosebumps.. Don't get me wrong Jambi is a kick ass song but as an opener I dunno

SchismEleven
07-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Haha, fair enough. After all, they played BOTH "Pushit" and "Flood" last night in Mansfield, so you may be on to something here...

Yea I usally do not like to read posts, but I read the Tweeter Center cause its a similar venue and hold shit that was a good set list. PNC is the most expensive show so far too, so maybe we may get an extra song!!! Hoping for Pushit/FLOOD/Grudge(yea right) or Opiate!

Arkham Asylum
07-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Yea I usally do not like to read posts, but I read the Tweeter Center cause its a similar venue and hold shit that was a good set list. PNC is the most expensive show so far too, so maybe we may get an extra song!!! Hoping for Pushit/FLOOD/Grudge(yea right) or Opiate!

Whoops, sorry, I didn't mean to ruin any surprises; I normally don't read the reviews either, but I've been reading setlists for this leg because I've already been to a few shows this time around, so there was really no surprise left...guess Tool proved me wrong.

And PNC is the most expensive because of the location/venue. The "extra" funds are going to the amphitheater. Don't expect Tool to get paid more/have more of an incentive to play songs. They're just gonna do their thing, as always.

SchismEleven
07-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Whoops, sorry, I didn't mean to ruin any surprises; I normally don't read the reviews either, but I've been reading setlists for this leg because I've already been to a few shows this time around, so there was really no surprise left...guess Tool proved me wrong.

And PNC is the most expensive because of the location/venue. The "extra" funds are going to the amphitheater. Don't expect Tool to get paid more/have more of an incentive to play songs. They're just gonna do their thing, as always.

True but with a packed crowd, (and if we dont shine laser pointers or throw shit on stage) they may be happy to play a song like Pushit/Aenema!? I'm pretty much hoping for the best, but I know it should be great because I have great seats to see a grreat band.

Arkham Asylum
07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
True but with a packed crowd, (and if we dont shine laser pointers or throw shit on stage) they may be happy to play a song like Pushit/Aenema!? I'm pretty much hoping for the best, but I know it should be great because I have great seats to see a grreat band.

Given it's the last show they're doing for a while (and the end of this leg), I could see them whipping out "The Pot". Whatever though, it's all good. Let's just wait and see...

I don't think we'll have a problem with people doing stupid shit; Jersey's a good crowd when it comes to Tool (even though I am fully convinced that we are just a bunch of douchebags when it comes to anything else e.g. enjoy trying to get out of the venue because there will be an endless supply of assholes coming out of the woodwork).

Underalus
07-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Last night got Pushit and Flood BACK TO FUCKING BACK! If we get that I'll jazz in my jeans.

Arkham Asylum
07-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Last night got Pushit and Flood BACK TO FUCKING BACK! If we get that I'll jazz in my jeans.

You driving down from Canada? Better leave early...

But yeah, if "Ænema" pops up, I might end up jazzing YOUR jeans. Haha apologies in advance.

time bomb
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
I would rather see an extended Jerk-off to close rather than Aenema, but thats just me.

90hoursleep
07-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I'll be at this show...itll be my first time going to a show at PNC on the lawn. I'm interested to see how the crowd will behave there. Anyone have any PNC lawn-experiences?

The venue is nice but get there early because security can be a bitch (it was for Lolla 2003, gigantour 06 and APC if i recall correctly). They dont let you bring in anything either. They turned away my dad once for bringing pills in his bag (he just had surgery 1-2 months before).

I would imagine Tool assuming that a good number of fans that will be at PNC went to the Atlantic City show (including myself). We got Right In Two and The Pot down in AC, so maybe that means theyll whip out Flood or Pushit. Either way the show will kick ass.

SchismEleven
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I'll be at this show...itll be my first time going to a show at PNC on the lawn. I'm interested to see how the crowd will behave there. Anyone have any PNC lawn-experiences?

The venue is nice but get there early because security can be a bitch (it was for Lolla 2003, gigantour 06 and APC if i recall correctly). They dont let you bring in anything either. They turned away my dad once for bringing pills in his bag (he just had surgery 1-2 months before).

I would imagine Tool assuming that a good number of fans that will be at PNC went to the Atlantic City show (including myself). We got Right In Two and The Pot down in AC, so maybe that means theyll whip out Flood or Pushit. Either way the show will kick ass.

Yea I went to PNC to see A perfect Circle (there will be moshers) but there was only two groups when I went, hopefully they keep to themselves. I also went to Camden NJ last year for Tool and there was more pushing to get to the front of the lawn rather than moshing.

Arkham Asylum
07-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I would rather see an extended Jerk-off to close rather than Aenema, but thats just me.

You're not the only one. I wouldn't take extended (or even the fucking regular version for that matter) "Jerk-Off" INSTEAD of "Ænema" (let's have both!), but DEFINITELY instead of "Flood" or "Pushit" or any combination of that.

ludvista29
07-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a feeling that you'll get a surprise at that show! After Pushit and Flood at the Tweeter Who knows what may happen for the last show in the U.S. !!

viti
07-13-2007, 04:38 PM
this is the last show in the us and the closest the band is coming to NYC. We definitly could get a treat...but im not hoping to much cause ill just become disappointed when it dont happen

Sharpshooter2k3
07-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I thought the same thing the last time Tool finished their US leg of the tour at Nassau Coliseum but they just stuck with their original setlist which conatined Aenima. (Still the best show I've seen from them) But they are certainly more shifty with the setlist this time around. So who knows.

P.S. I would resist looking at the setlist for the show the night before ours. Its part of the suprise.

echoe09
07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I gotta tell ya i'm definitely skeptical about Jambi as an opener.. I've seen videos on youtube with Stinkfist and The grudge as openers and each time i watched it I got goosebumps.. Don't get me wrong Jambi is a kick ass song but as an opener I dunno

I saw tool with jambi opener... it was good cause it jumped right in

echoe09
07-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Am i the only one here who would LOVE to see Third eye?

Khadgar346
07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Third Eye would be great but I don't think it would "fit" in with all their 10k days stuff.
Anyone here have TA pre-sales tickets?
I snagged a section 201 ticket

Underalus
07-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Arkham, I'm flying in to visit my mom in Philly that day so she's going to pick me up and we'll go off to NJ for the show. Apparently it's not too far from Philly.

Gtiboi7
07-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Arkham, I'm flying in to visit my mom in Philly that day so she's going to pick me up and we'll go off to NJ for the show. Apparently it's not too far from Philly.

yeah depending on traffic you're looking at about 120 min, if you really haul ass on the NJ turnpike which everyone does an hour..

echoe09
07-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Third Eye would be great but I don't think it would "fit" in with all their 10k days stuff.
Anyone here have TA pre-sales tickets?
I snagged a section 201 ticket

maybe they will surprise the hell out of us?

viti
07-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Anyone else gunna be in the parking lot early?

Khadgar346
07-15-2007, 09:30 AM
yeah I will be.
There is a pretty large TA army tailgating party before the show, and the fact that we can only buy 3 beers inside the venue means I need time to drink a bit lol

chesslee333
07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Anyone have any advice on how to get to this venue from NYC? Will it be absolutely necessary to rent a car, etc?

thanks

Khadgar346
07-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Anyone have any advice on how to get to this venue from NYC? Will it be absolutely necessary to rent a car, etc?

thanks

I'm not sure how much this would actually cost, but when ever I'm in NYC and need to get back to the Homldel area, I just take a Ferry from Manhattan to the Atlantic Highlands and get someone to pick me up from there.

In your case, you could take a cab/shuttle from Atlantic Highlands, its possible it would cost less and a lot less stressful. I'm not a local tho, so I'm sure that are a lot of better ways of going about getting there.

echoe09
07-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Who's bringing the camera? I just bought one online but i don't think it will be here in time for the show

SchismEleven
07-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Who's bringing the camera? I just bought one online but i don't think it will be here in time for the show

I will warn you now, PNC has much tighter security than other venues. I went two years ago and my friend was smoking a cigarette and they told him to put it out before entering. But he was aloud to light it when we got on the lawn. they also told me to empty my pockets, instead of giving a half-ass pat down like most venues do. I do not see how it would be possible to have a camera, other than a camera phone. Plus the band does not like when there are flashes going off!!

Arkham Asylum
07-16-2007, 10:29 AM
To anyone who's concerned about PNC's security/policies/practices, check out the following:

http://independent.gmnews.com/news/2007/0705/Front_Page/027.html

www.artscenter.com

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070621/NEWS/706210396/1004/NEWS01

If you don't feel like reading, then here's the bottom line: PNC BAC is VERY STRICT, so be careful and don't push your luck. That is unless you don't mind potentially missing out on Tool.

soulslot
07-16-2007, 10:52 AM

thanks

I will be coming in from the city as well and, apparently, you can take the NJ transit train to Aberdeen Matawan and catch a shuttle provided by the venue to the show from there. http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/265958 Check out this link and look at the venue info on the bottom of the page. This is my best option, if anyone has any better advice, please let me, us know. Thanks.

Arkham Asylum
07-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Here's to hoping the weather doesn't fuck us.

Forecast: rain.

Personally, I like rain. The weather guys are often wrong though.

soulslot
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Forecast: rain.

Personally, I like rain. The weather guys are often wrong though.

Is it a rain or shine show? I hope so....given that i have a covered spot, rain would certainly add something to the ambiance of things and keep it cool and relatively dark.

Arkham Asylum
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Is it a rain or shine show? I hope so....given that i have a covered spot, rain would certainly add something to the ambiance of things and keep it cool and relatively dark.

I'm 99% sure it's rain-or-shine.

Also, that same ambiance can mean something very different for anyone on the lawn or sitting in the terrace.

echoe09
07-16-2007, 02:54 PM
yea. sucks for you lawn people.. oh well get together and make a tent or stuff. i guess i wont push my luck, but what if i made a pocket in my boxers and hid it there?? would they check or just think i have an abnormal dick or something.

Khadgar346
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll be trying to get my digi in at this show.

Unless they decided to feel my balls up, I'm pretty sure I can get it in.
And no flash of course

hylomorph
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Hello fellow Toolophiles, I have 2 extras for this show. I got them from Ticketmaster before I learned I got fanclub tickets. Section 304, Row D, towards the center. Face value was $75.25 each, so with Ticketbastard surcharges it came to $183. I'll take $180 for both of them, and I can meet you at the show.

I don't know what waits for me at will-call, so I may regret parting with these! But I've seen Tool about 20 times since 1993, so if I'm 20 rows behind you it's not the end of the world for me. I had my backstage experience with the band when they opened their Aenema tour in Austin, TX, so nothing will every top that!

Email me at [email protected] if interested.

I hope everyone has a great time at the show!!!

conor moore
07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
cant wait section 403 tell me if this is good

chosen1joe
07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
To anyone going to this show....

I saw Tool a couple of weeks ago in St. Paul MN but f@#%d up and didn't buy the tour poster. It is the same four images of Danny, Maynard, Justin and Adam from the inside of the 10,000 Days cd book, but it is larger and all four images on the same poster.

Anyway, I really want one and can't find it or get it any other way.

If there is someone who could pick an extra one up for me, I believe it is only $10 and then e-mail me and I'll reimburse you for the poster and shipping and throw in an extra couple of bucks for a beer or whatever.

If you want to e-mail me ahead of time that would be cool too. I only need one poster.

Thanks.

email is [email protected]

and of course my name is Joe.

thanks again.

EonApoc
07-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Obviously this comes at the last minute, but is there anyone out there with a single seat available? The only tix available through TicketMa$ter are on the lawn and I'm not standing way the hell back there.

I had a good time at tonight's show in Reading and would love to see them one last time.

If I'd be sitting next to you, I'm clean, respectful, and don't make a fool of myself at the show. :)

Khadgar346
07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Obviously this comes at the last minute, but is there anyone out there with a single seat available? The only tix available through TicketMa$ter are on the lawn and I'm not standing way the hell back there.

I had a good time at tonight's show in Reading and would love to see them one last time.

If I'd be sitting next to you, I'm clean, respectful, and don't make a fool of myself at the show. :)

check pm

Gtiboi7
07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
well we got flood in reading PA. please Pushit wed...

MadMax
07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I really want The Pot, Right in Two, and Pushit for this show. They didn't play any of those in Reading.

viti
07-17-2007, 04:37 AM
weather is supposed to be bad

im kinda upset cause ii want to tailgate and i got lawn seats

please dont rain!!!

Arkham Asylum
07-17-2007, 06:02 AM
weather is supposed to be bad

im kinda upset cause ii want to tailgate and i got lawn seats

please dont rain!!!

Don't sweat it, man. It's supposed to rain, but that's not always a bad thing.

Here's to hoping rain brings "Ænema" back.

armmar
07-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Don't sweat it, man. It's supposed to rain, but that's not always a bad thing.

Here's to hoping rain brings "Ænema" back.

I'd be very happy with Aenema making a reappearance...I saw it at Bonnaroo, which was I think the only time they played it during this tour and it rocked...Also, since I saw Right In Two in Atlantic City and Flood in Bonnaroo, I'd KILL to see Pushit tomorrow

TheDog
07-17-2007, 10:17 AM
I need to know what time Tool will take the stage, precisely. I am going to pass on the opening act, whatever their name is. Much rather pick my own opener on the CD player. Can someone please get me an exact time for Tool to start? My guess is 9:15PM.

Cheers.

armmar
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Anywhere between 9 and 9:15

TheDog
07-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Alright, that's what I figured. Now, as for the setlist, I've already seen Aenima, Pushit, Right in Two, etc., etc. multiple times live. What I would like to see is something like this:

Part of Me
Intolerance
Bottom
Undertow
Jerk-Off
Ticks & Leeches
The Pot
Parabol / Parabola
Hooker with a Penis
Eulogy
Swamp Song
Cold and Ugly

Something like that. Fat chance, eh?

"And now for something completely different...."

1 11 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 11 0 01 1 111

MadMax
07-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, that set list would never happen. Although it would be beyond amazing. Most likely it will be pretty much the same set list, but hopefully they give us something different(since it's the last USA show for awhile). I just hope it's a different set then the Reading show. The Pot/Right In Two are what I expect.

Arkham Asylum
07-17-2007, 10:57 AM
My gut feeling is "The Pot" and "Pushit". I'm hoping against hope that they pull a Bonnaroo and whip out "Ænema" though.

Arkham Asylum
07-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I need to know what time Tool will take the stage, precisely. I am going to pass on the opening act, whatever their name is. Much rather pick my own opener on the CD player. Can someone please get me an exact time for Tool to start? My guess is 9:15PM.

Cheers.

Your loss. I'd say 9 to be safe, in other words be there by 8:45....or by 8 and just deal with Big Business.

TheDog
07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Your loss.

What, are you saying "Big Business" is good? What are you, in the band or something? I don't mean to prejudge, because I don't know them. But I'm really prepped to hear some Morphine.

Arkham Asylum
07-17-2007, 11:02 AM
What, are you saying "Big Business" is good? What are you, in the band or something? I don't mean to prejudge, because I don't know them. But I'm really prepped to hear some Morphine.

Nope, I was saying "your loss" because:

1. Part of your ticket cost was for Big Business. (minor issue, so ignore that)
2. I enjoy Big Business, but that's biased so it doesn't count.
3. With the weather and traffic tomorrow, you may be late for Tool when all you were counting on was missing the opening act.

Therefore, it's your loss.

TheDog
07-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Clearly you did not read what I wrote, which at this point does not surpirse me. Chances are I'll be there before you - I'll just be sitting in my car with friends listening to some great music before the show, while you're watching big business in more ways than one.

Arkham Asylum
07-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Clearly you did not read what I wrote, which at this point does not surpirse me. Chances are I'll be there before you - I'll just be sitting in my car with friends listening to some great music before the show, while you're watching big business in more ways than one.

You're right, my bad. Enjoy Morphine and Tool.

cirkus
07-17-2007, 12:02 PM
I called the PNC Arts Center earlier today to find out where my presale tickets were located. Turns out they are row U, which would be 20 rows from the stage.

Pretty good, but I was thinking the TA tickets would be closer like at other shows.

echoe09
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
To anyone going to this show....

I saw Tool a couple of weeks ago in St. Paul MN but f@#%d up and didn't buy the tour poster. It is the same four images of Danny, Maynard, Justin and Adam from the inside of the 10,000 Days cd book, but it is larger and all four images on the same poster.

Anyway, I really want one and can't find it or get it any other way.

If there is someone who could pick an extra one up for me, I believe it is only $10 and then e-mail me and I'll reimburse you for the poster and shipping and throw in an extra couple of bucks for a beer or whatever.

If you want to e-mail me ahead of time that would be cool too. I only need one poster.

Thanks.

email is [email protected]

and of course my name is Joe.

thanks again.

I went to see them in AC and i didn't buy a poster, so i could get an extra one for you if you dont have someone getting you one already

Sharpshooter2k3
07-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Tool in Hostile Takeover of K-Rock

On Wednesday, July 18th, Tool takes over afternoon drive (3-7PM) on K-Rock.

Tool is grabbing control of the airwaves, throwing out the K-Rock playlist, and playing the songs they want to hear. After the show, they’ll head down the Parkway for a show at the PNC Bank Arts Center.

Live vicariously through Tool and their Hostile Takeover of afternoon drive on Wednesday, July 18th from 3-7PM. Stay tuned for more Hostile Takeovers all summer long on 92.3 K-Rock, The Rock of New York.

http://923krock.com/pages/688497.php

I hope they dont forget about rush hour traffic

armmar
07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure it's prerecorded...They had one with Billy Corgan the other day, even though he was in Washington DC...Regardless, I can't wait to here the broadcast!...Wonder how many/which members will be participating

Sharpshooter2k3
07-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Pretty sure it's prerecorded...They had one with Billy Corgan the other day, even though he was in Washington DC...Regardless, I can't wait to here the broadcast!...Wonder how many/which members will be participating

He was in NY for David Letterman

Khadgar346
07-17-2007, 03:40 PM

wow, that was probably the most closed minded thing you could say.
let me guess, you listen to the radio to hear "new" stuff?
way to listen to new music and give it a chance. i mean shit, who listens to music they never heard of? lol...

time bomb
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
True, I'm actually pretty interested to see Big Business.

soulslot
07-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I think it just hit me that this show is tomorrow, fuckin a. Tool, those fucks.

Joshenstein
07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Tool in Hostile Takeover of K-Rock

On Wednesday, July 18th, Tool takes over afternoon drive (3-7PM) on K-Rock.

Tool is grabbing control of the airwaves, throwing out the K-Rock playlist, and playing the songs they want to hear. After the show, they’ll head down the Parkway for a show at the PNC Bank Arts Center.

Live vicariously through Tool and their Hostile Takeover of afternoon drive on Wednesday, July 18th from 3-7PM. Stay tuned for more Hostile Takeovers all summer long on 92.3 K-Rock, The Rock of New York.

http://923krock.com/pages/688497.php

I hope they dont forget about rush hour traffic

Pretty out of character move for Tool.. They usually snub their nose at this type of shit

armmar
07-17-2007, 07:36 PM
He was in NY for David Letterman

Ah yes, forgot about that...Still doesn't make too much sense doing a radio station show til 7 and then heading down the Parkway just in time for the show...Don't they need to do sound checks and such?

Regardless, like the other poster said, a really out of character move by Tool

Khadgar346
07-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Regardless, like the other poster said, a really out of character move by Tool

hmm yeah in a way, but they have done this before. I believe in Australia they did it when they were touring. You can find it on youtube

viti
07-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Rain Rain go away...i want to tailgate all day

90hoursleep
07-18-2007, 05:14 AM
Cause Im praying for rain.....

I really wish I didnt pick this show to be my first lawn experience at PNC.

90hoursleep
07-18-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm going to go ahead and selfishly hope for Flood tonight. Along with the rain, I can imagine this being an awesome experience.

Plus I've never seen Flood live. I was lucky enough to see Tool perform the Salival version of Pushit live back in the day. As much as I love Pushit (and it would be amazing to see live again), Flood would be perfect.

Aenema as a closer would kill, but I'm not expecting it. I dont want to be disappointed.

How the hell am I going to make it through this work day hahaha.

soulslot
07-18-2007, 05:27 AM
I think i speak for most when i say, wooooooo hoooooooo!!!!

Gtiboi7
07-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Damn straight! i just heard flood in reading "their last show" and I dont think they will be playing that. I hate to say it but i can see a right in two tonight with a Pot..

mjdlight
07-18-2007, 05:39 AM
To think tonight we might get an actual thunderstorm during Wings/10,000 Days gives me chills.

90hoursleep
07-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Damn straight! i just heard flood in reading "their last show" and I dont think they will be playing that. I hate to say it but i can see a right in two tonight with a Pot..

Thats what they did exactly last month when they were in NJ. Id be surprised if they did that again.

Gtiboi7
07-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Thats what they did exactly last month when they were in NJ. Id be surprised if they did that again.
yeah you're right..down ac..but maybe we will get something special being the last show..and for those of you that have lawn seats dont fret..last year in camden i had lawn seats and it poured like crazy, in maynards words," just pretend we are having deviant sex and im pissing in your mouth" that was classic and it was fun watching tool in the rain..as the rain drops were pouring down my face all i could remember was being so thirsty! i was not sober of course..

right in two.
flood. i guess that would be killer if it was pouring out
pushit.

encore
anenma

soulslot
07-18-2007, 05:59 AM
I just called PNC and the nice lady on the phone informed me that tonite's show is indeed Rain or Shine.

echoe09
07-18-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm gonna have to say The Pot and Right in two was The highlight of the show... the extended lateralus would of been but the other fucking drummer (melt-banana) sucked ass. Anyways heres to a kick ass playlist tonight!

echoe09
07-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Isn't this show supposed to be last show of US?

Khadgar346
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Isn't this show supposed to be last show of US?

yes, unless they decide they want to squeeze a few more in before they go across the pond

time bomb
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Yes

SoTooled
07-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Ticketmaster JUST set some orchestra tickets for tonight's show for sale! Last rows in 104 and 204. YES!

90hoursleep
07-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm gonna have to say The Pot and Right in two was The highlight of the show... the extended lateralus would of been but the other fucking drummer (melt-banana) sucked ass. Anyways heres to a kick ass playlist tonight!

Thats true, Right In Two definitley owned live that night. And the drummer of Melt Banana did suck in Lateralus, but hey heres to the Big Business drummer and his attempt tonight!

SirGrotius
07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
How much of a jackass will I be if I bring a poncho?

SchismEleven
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM

If you do, make sure it is black and says TOOL on it hahaha.

soulslot
07-18-2007, 10:05 AM

being a jackass at a tool concert is a highly relatve thing....

echoe09
07-18-2007, 10:09 AM
yes, unless they decide they want to squeeze a few more in before they go across the pond

well i was asking because on Big business's website they said concert tour with tool and and it had a couple more after todays day

check it out: http://www.bigbigbusiness.com/

Maybe its their mistake

echoe09
07-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Are you gonna be in the lawn?

SchismEleven
07-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Ticketmaster JUST set some orchestra tickets for tonight's show for sale! Last rows in 104 and 204. YES!

Liar. they only have lawn, I do have a seat in 302, already but that would be nice to be in 104.

echoe09
07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats true, Right In Two definitley owned live that night. And the drummer of Melt Banana did suck in Lateralus, but hey heres to the Big Business drummer and his attempt tonight!

Hopefully they do some kinda call and answer thing like they did in AC and maybe he'll be somewhat alright.

Oh and heres to right in two and pushit
+
Aenema (to make arkham happy)

Arkham Asylum
07-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Hopefully they do some kinda call and answer thing like they did in AC and maybe he'll be somewhat alright.

Oh and heres to right in two and pushit
+
Aenema (to make arkham happy)

Haha thank you Echoe, maybe a rain dance will make it all come true.

echoe09
07-18-2007, 10:45 AM
i wouldn't mind because im underneath the covered area.. your gonna have to coordinate with the lawn people for that one.. or atleast buy them all ponchos and spray paint tool on the back

Khadgar346
07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
well i was asking because on Big business's website they said concert tour with tool and and it had a couple more after todays day

check it out: http://www.bigbigbusiness.com/

Maybe its their mistake

Big Buisness will continue their personal tour, not as an opening band but headliner just fyi

only 4 hours untill doors!

echoe09
07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Big Buisness will continue their personal tour, not as an opening band but headliner just fyi

only 4 hours untill doors!

ok. thanks.

90hoursleep
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
hey anyone listening to the Tool thing on K-rock now? What have they been playing?

abalagula
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
they've been playing just regular songs probably ones that tool chose though. they are also giving away a bunch of front row seats which is pretty cool

facelessDrone
07-18-2007, 01:10 PM
They've been playing some songs that Justin said are his personal picks, immediately followed by, like, Green Day and My Chemical Romance songs. So I wonder if they're interspersing their own regular playlist with what he came up with.

Anyway, a minute ago he mentioned that you guys might get a couple surprises tonight...

echoe09
07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
faceless drone thanks for that info now I'm like 13x more excited for tonight

echoe09
07-19-2007, 01:21 PM
No pushit =[

Dev911
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi all, just commenting on the show last night. I've seen Tool live around 20x, since 1993, 3x this tour alone and I have to say it was the least attractive show.
I cant bash it too much, they were tight, but the radio friendly set lists are fucking killing me. Flood was the highlight, Lateralus was simply perfect as well, nothing from Opiate, no Right In Two, no Pot. Do the fans need to see Stinkfist live yet again? Cant dig into the archives one iota? I guess thats my issue, i've seen them too many times.
Is it just me who feels this way?
Oh they sounded great btw.

zzzsleepzzz
07-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I posted this in the review section then realized it would probably get deleted...

This was my 13th tool show....

What is there to say?

I saw the Lateralus tour 4 times (one show in London at the Brixton), 10,000 days 9 times (Coachella/Bonnaroo) etc.

I just don't know....I'm torn.

The show was great...TOOL ALWAYS IS...I try to keep in mind when complaining that I would rather see Tool on their worst night then pretty much most other bands on their best ( a few exceptions to this I guess). Anyways...

Sort of freaking bummed that there was ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO set list change from the Reading Show....come on??? I mean really...all I wanted was to see Pushit....9 f'in shows and i still missed it. I mean really??????? WTF...

Its a love hate thing....just like Bonnaroo...great show but they cut their set list SO much earlier then the slot they were billed for. Last night...how much harder is it to just add ONE MORE SONG! I mean holy shit.

I won't even go into it anymore then that...I DID have a great time as always, I try to remain positive.

Oh except for this...

FUCK MEATHEAD TOOL FANS. So to make a long story short. We pull in...we park. We're sitting there for mabye 25 mintues chilling out in the car just relaxing with our eyes closed (my girl and I) when a guy (in A PERFECT CIRCLE SHIRT mind you) walks up and taps on my window. He procedes to tell me "oh we were supposed to hold a spot for our friends like a while ago and we forgot so I'm gonna go find another place for you to park" at which point I politely tell him the lot has filled up, i ain't moving. He walks about 10 feet away looks around, sees no spots, then comes back and taps on the window to say "your gonna have to move our friends will be here in a while and they're gonna park here". I again tell him I'm not moving (at this point the lots full beyond my line of site alllll the way to the end of our section). He tells me that "we'll have to compromise" then procedes to walk infront of our car where he and 15 of his buddies and their girls are tailgating and slamming beers. He calls some girl over, they whisper, then she starts walking to my girlfriends side of the car, opens the car door next to us, and starts acting like she's looking for something while pushing her car door into my girlfriends car. My girl is like "excuse me, what are you doing?" while the girl ignores her. Meanwhile, a dude in a wife beater (the biggest guy there, looked like a pro wrestler) comes over and "trips" and lands on the hood of our car and spills his beer on it. My girlfriend gives him the finger and he gets up and throws his hands up and says "you got a fucking problem?" to my girlfriend. You have to imagine how this looks. My girlfriend is 5' 4" and about 105 pounds, this guys is easily 6' 3" and 250. As my blood is raging to the point I start to contemplate exiting the car and stabbing people in the fucking eye with a pen one by one I come to my senses and tell her to just move the car. I knew for sure events would play out this way...Id get out of the car and no matter how people I could fight first I would eventually end up jumped/and or in jail once the cops arrived (at the very least probably miss the tool show) or that even if we ingored them and left to go to the show they would probably smash a window out or key our car (which had my laptop in it and an expensive guitar). It took so long for me to return to feeling ok again, to bring my bloodpressure back down. I'm one of the most easy going positive people you could meet. I hate the fact that people like that live, breathe, and breed. I also despise they show up at events I think are extrememly positive and spiritual to shotgun beers and mosh during wings for marie...I'm 100000% sure THESE are the fans that Tool hates that they have.

Sorry for the long post...I just had to vent that....

It's funny cause I did trip my face off at the show and ended up having a blast with some great friends! I didn't have any tickets when we showed up, all they had was lawn, but I kept checking back for any new releases and ended up scoring tickets in 102 row r!!!!!!!! How freaking lucky? Made me feel all better....whats even funnier is after the show while I was with all the people I met up with and we were tripping balls, I found a huge brick and it took some serious restraint not to walk right over to where they were parked and smash out their windshield. I do believe in Karma though and decided to be the better person. I haven't been that mad for 10 years....since I got into my last fight in highschool.

PS I do agree about people leaving. Right after the 3rd song, our row cleared out so we had about 6 seats around us that never got used from then on and 4 seats that never got sat the entire show.....some of our friends were on the lawn too, which really sucked!

Dev911
07-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Wow, what a bunch of zero's! Sorry you and your girl had to go through with that, you did the right thing though.
I'm not sure why they have a set, set list like that. It isn't like it was back on the Aenima tour thats for sure, I guess they're just tired of touring. Maynard was hardly animated and looked as if he was just going through the motions. No one can tell me otherwise, this show was mediocre. Way to loud and distorted in the 8th row as well.
Good to be there though.

90hoursleep
07-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Maybe the guys are just getting older? Maybe its harder for Maynard to sing a wider variety of songs? Who knows.

dice5199
07-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Meanwhile, a dude in a wife beater (the biggest guy there, looked like a pro wrestler) comes over and "trips" and lands on the hood of our car and spills his beer on it. My girlfriend gives him the finger and he gets up and throws his hands up and says "you got a fucking problem?" to my girlfriend. You have to imagine how this looks. My girlfriend is 5' 4" and about 105 pounds, this guys is easily 6' 3" and 250.

I think I saw this guy after the show. He was muddy, drunk, and stumbling out of the venue. He looked similar to Dolph Lundgren - blonde hair, crew cut, tanned and a bodybuilder's physique. This guy was huge and must have been on steroids. If that's the guy, then your girlfriend must have some huge balls, figuratively of course.

chunga
07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Sorry, Jersey. They blew their collective wad in Boston. Listening to the boot for Mansfield right now and it doesn't get any better than this. The Madison Square Garden shows in the fall will be better for you all.

zzzsleepzzz
07-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I think I saw this guy after the show. He was muddy, drunk, and stumbling out of the venue. He looked similar to Dolph Lundgren - blonde hair, crew cut, tanned and a bodybuilder's physique. This guy was huge and must have been on steroids. If that's the guy, then your girlfriend must have some huge balls, figuratively of course.

OMG That is EXACTLY who it was.....thats so funny i just laughed my ass off...

he DID look exactly like Dolph Lundgren! That's hilarious....

Joshenstein
07-21-2007, 06:01 AM
What's up guys just wanted to post a couple of comments about the show and see if anyone had a similar experience. First off the stage show, visuals, lasers and Maynard's energy were all amazing. I especially enjoyed the whole drum off during lateralus. Now the sound I thought was awful. I was in the 300 section I heard barely any vocals and the rhythm section was completely distorted. Granted i've been to only 2 concerts my entire life and maybe this is just how an outdoor venue is but man did it sound like shit. I can only assume that this is not how they typically sound live because i've seen videos on youtube that sound %200 better. If this is the case i guess i won't be seeing them the next time they come around. I hope and pray that this is just a simple case of bad eq or shitty venue and that this is not what to expect when seeing Tool live.

echoe09
07-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Did anyone manage to get deacent pictures of this show?

Dev911
07-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Agreed Josh, tons of distortion. NO it's not supposed to sound like that, APC was impecable when they played there.
I'll be a little weary to see any more of this tour if the set list doesn't change.
But i'll probably be at every show.

dice5199
07-22-2007, 05:43 PM
OMG That is EXACTLY who it was.....thats so funny i just laughed my ass off...

he DID look exactly like Dolph Lundgren! That's hilarious....

Ha, so that was the guy!

It's unfortunate that you had this experience. I hope to see like-minded individuals at a Tool concert, but many of the people that go seem to be looking for a mindless release.

dice5199
07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
I was in the 300 section I heard barely any vocals and the rhythm section was completely distorted. Granted i've been to only 2 concerts my entire life and maybe this is just how an outdoor venue is but man did it sound like shit. I can only assume that this is not how they typically sound live because i've seen videos on youtube that sound %200 better. If this is the case i guess i won't be seeing them the next time they come around. I hope and pray that this is just a simple case of bad eq or shitty venue and that this is not what to expect when seeing Tool live.

I had a similar opinion about the sound from section 402. I thought I was in a dead spot, but it appears people in other sections had the same observation. The sound at PNC was less clear than the other 2 Tool concerts I attended (Continental & Boardwalk Hall). Maybe it had something to do with the outdoor venue, but I heard many positive comments about the sound quality at Bonnaroo.

Based on my experience and what I've read about other concerts, Maynard's vocals have consistently been a tad low in the mix. If you know the lyrics, this isn't a big issue. However, his vocals were less clear and lower in volume at PNC than at previous concerts I attended.

In general, Justin's bass play often produces very low tones that can be felt more than heard by the average listener. I recommend listening to TOOLbassplayer on Youtube, assuming you haven't. This may help identify the bass sounds better if you decide to go to another concert. That being said, the rhythm section sound was less clear at PNC than at the previous concerts I attended.