In the song he says "Bob help me!"

Who is Bob?

amenorakumo
06-19-2007, 07:28 PM
His father who raped him. He's gone full-circle

Inner_Eulogy
06-20-2007, 09:06 AM

Don't believe him. Bob was a name Maynard jokingly calls God or perhaps just Jesus. Instead of saying God help me, he says Bob help me in the song. I think it's meant to be a satire in the sense that Jesus was just a mortal man that religion has made out to be so much more. That's my opionin anyways, but that's who Bob is refering to, besides this was gone over multiple times in another thread.

wynne
06-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Probably a reference to Bob Dobbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._%22Bob%22_Dobbs

hushypushy
06-20-2007, 09:19 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=58232

Inner_Eulogy
06-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Probably a reference to Bob Dobbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._%22Bob%22_Dobbs

lol, what an odd character...never been familiar with him...there could be a link between the two

morgoth's shadow
06-29-2007, 07:19 PM
that sounds right. it could also be robert anton wilson.

marcus
06-30-2007, 06:50 AM
I thought it was Bringer of Basses

amenorakumo
07-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Bob was a name Maynard jokingly calls God or perhaps just Jesus. Instead of saying God help me, he says Bob help me in the song. I think it's meant to be a satire in the sense that Jesus was just a mortal man that religion has made out to be so much more. That's my opionin anyways, but that's who Bob is refering to, besides this was gone over multiple times in another thread.

i concur.

bewildered1
07-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Inner_Eulogy, you are a douche... quit trying to emulate maynard or make it sound like you know him personally and have sat down with him to discuss the lyrics and their meanings. You have no clue what this song is truly and sincerely about!!!! SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Bob was my scout master back when lateralus came out and Dave was/is my friend who was in my troop when I was. GET IT!!!!!!!!!

Esurient4Truth
07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Bob was a name Maynard jokingly calls God or perhaps just Jesus. Instead of saying God help me, he says Bob help me in the song. I think it's meant to be a satire in the sense that Jesus was just a mortal man that religion has made out to be so much more. That's my opionin anyways, but that's who Bob is refering to, besides this was gone over multiple times in another thread.

Bob can't be a reference to Jesus since Maynard isn't Christian. Although he may believe there is a Jesus, he probably doesn't pray to Jesus, if he even prays at all.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

Inner_Eulogy
07-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Inner_Eulogy, you are a douche... quit trying to emulate maynard or make it sound like you know him personally and have sat down with him to discuss the lyrics and their meanings. You have no clue what this song is truly and sincerely about!!!! SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Bob was my scout master back when lateralus came out and Dave was/is my friend who was in my troop when I was. GET IT!!!!!!!!!

I never said I know him personally, I'm going by statements Maynard has made. I'm glad you could enlighten us all with your well educated opinion as well...wait, what was that? You didn't actually say a thing.

Inner_Eulogy
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Bob can't be a reference to Jesus since Maynard isn't Christian. Although he may believe there is a Jesus, he probably doesn't pray to Jesus, if he even prays at all.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

Well, I would have to disgree that Maynard doesn't believe that Jesus existed. I know he's not religious but that doesn't mean he believes Christ did walk the planet at some time. I believe Christ may actually have been a real man but, just that..a mortal man which a philosophy of true love for thy brother. I think it's organized religion who has made him to be god like. And honestly, I don't think what we know of religion (or christianity) today is truly what jesus meant or taught back then anyways. I beleive the truth of his real meaning has been diluted and morphed into something it wasn't. I truly don't think jesus ever said you needed to go to his church to be a religous man or prove your faith. I think it was more of a universal love for all things is what he taught and "organized religion" has taken that idea and ran with it and made it out to be whatever benefited them. So on that note, that's my understanding of how Maynard feels as well. Skeptikal yet understanding of the REAL TRUTH of what was meant to be THE TRUTH, whether that be the one taught by Christ, Budda, Allah, etc.

mkean
07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Isn't it obvious? It's Silent Bob. Didn't you know Maynard was a big Kevin Smith fan?

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Isn't it obvious? It's Silent Bob. Didn't you know Maynard was a big Kevin Smith fan?

<sigh>

Luosdasa
07-11-2007, 04:16 AM

wow some ones angry, and might i sugest that showing such reved up emotion over someones opinion sheds light on how much of a vaginal sanitisation device you are.

ironically i agree with you, but not nearly so forcefully. i dont know if he was making out that he was trying to make it sound like he knew maynard... but he doesnt, and dont beleive in his interpritation of it.

i must be wayyy to tired if im having some kind of balanced thought an opinion. sorry, what i meant was:

IM BOB! I MOLESTED MAYNARD AS A CHILD. i molested you too, you'l remember if you go to that dark place in your mind... you look so precious...

dirkz
07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Before you can "learn to swim", YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!! You stupid fuck, I hope you drown in a tsunami that overwhelmes that pitiful excuse for a contintent. Go fuck a kangaroo...

[Malibu's Most Wanted]

Don't be Hatin!!!!

[/Malibu's Most Wanted]

The Holy Gift
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
bob is an alias for "God". did you not see the post directly from the horses mouth....its maynards way of trivializing "God" instead of puting "God" on a pedastal like everyone else.

The Holy Gift
07-12-2007, 11:40 PM
yes hence i said "did you not see the post directly from the horses mouth...." it was just a trivialization...its a pop culture thing...the entire song is laced with pop culture metaphors and bill hicks quotes.

Luosdasa
07-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Before you can "learn to swim", YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!! You stupid fuck, I hope you drown in a tsunami that overwhelmes that pitiful excuse for a contintent. Go fuck a kangaroo...

aaaaahahahaha
ok my poor freind. i cant spell, i failed year three spelling, never passed it :Dhowever, and ill save you an explanation of my IQ and the advanced english programs im doing, but suffice to say im not particularly worried about my stupidity. How the inadiquacy of ones spelling can effect their opinion is something i fail to understand, and my poor spelling is the extent of your critism.

i may be more than slightly drunk, and extremely deprived of sleep, but it seems that its you who is exposing stupidity, and something of a low self esteem.

so pull your legs out from between your mothers legs and let your mind focus on something else, because it seems to be somewhat hampered at the moment.
(and yes, i have an extremely close relationship with my kangaroo, she's big and cuddly, and got a nice warm pouche for me to snuggle up in afterwoods. i have serious doubts that you will ever have such a fullfilling and legitimate relationship)

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2007, 09:52 AM
aaaaahahahaha
ok my poor freind. i cant spell, i failed year three spelling, never passed it :Dhowever, and ill save you an explanation of my IQ and the advanced english programs im doing, but suffice to say im not particularly worried about my stupidity. How the inadiquacy of ones spelling can effect their opinion is something i fail to understand, and my poor spelling is the extent of your critism.

i may be more than slightly drunk, and extremely deprived of sleep, but it seems that its you who is exposing stupidity, and something of a low self esteem.

so pull your legs out from between your mothers legs and let your mind focus on something else, because it seems to be somewhat hampered at the moment.
(and yes, i have an extremely close relationship with my kangaroo, she's big and cuddly, and got a nice warm pouche for me to snuggle up in afterwoods. i have serious doubts that you will ever have such a fullfilling and legitimate relationship)

Well I agree that Bewildered1 is a total dick/bitch (whichever fits or both) but I do have to agree that if one posts something and the spelling is way off and you can tell it wasn't on purpose than I think it does lose it's credibility to some extent because it does make one seem as if they were uneducated. If some redneck hee-haw kind of guy with a straw hat and overalls comes up to you and talks in a real slow drawl and starts trying to tell you about quantum physics, are you going to taje him seriously? No....um, good luck finding a point in my post.

Bundahead
07-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Well I agree that Bewildered1 is a total dick/bitch (whichever fits or both) but I do have to agree that if one posts something and the spelling is way off and you can tell it wasn't on purpose than I think it does lose it's credibility to some extent because it does make one seem as if they were uneducated. If some redneck hee-haw kind of guy with a straw hat and overalls comes up to you and talks in a real slow drawl and starts trying to tell you about quantum physics, are you going to taje him seriously? No....um, good luck finding a point in my post.

"Taje him seriously" what was that you were saying about mispelling making you look uneducated. Inner, I'm so disappointed in your giving in to preconcieved notions about people based on stereotypes. I might of taken that a lil personally since i'm from the south and it gets old hearing people say things like that. You might think i'm somewhat educated (even though what the fuck does that mean anyway?) but if you spoke to me on the phone, you might make a judgement based on the way i sound. My dialect is thick. BTW: Did you know that spelling is in no way related to one's intelligence? Do some research on the subject; see what you come up with. And one more thing, if you knew the meaning we give to the word redneck down here then you might of used in a different context. The people who call themselves rednecks are just as stupid sounding as black people who refer to each other as nigga's and it isn't fair to stigmatize the man in the straw hat for he might not refer to himself in that manner. In the end the two terms carry the same meaning: foolishly ignorant. The richest, most educated people, dressed in suites and ties and who speak perfect english are just as likely to be a redneck as the man wearing the straw hat. And a person from Chicago who doesn't carry the southern accent or wear straw hats can be just as big a redneck as the idiot that waves the rebel flag without caring what it means. If you get to meet the hee-haw guy, wearing a straw hat and overalls and he comes up to you and talks in a real slow drawl and starts trying to tell you about quantum physics, you might oughta listen, he may have something interesting to say.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
"Taje him seriously" what was that you were saying about mispelling making you look uneducated. Inner, I'm so disappointed in your giving in to preconcieved notions about people based on stereotypes. I might of taken that a lil personally since i'm from the south and it gets old hearing people say things like that. You might think i'm somewhat educated (even though what the fuck does that mean anyway?) but if you spoke to me on the phone, you might make a judgement based on the way i sound. My dialect is thick. BTW: Did you know that spelling is in no way related to one's intelligence? Do some research on the subject; see what you come up with. And one more thing, if you knew the meaning we give to the word redneck down here then you might of used in a different context. The people who call themselves rednecks are just as stupid sounding as black people who refer to each other as nigga's and it isn't fair to stigmatize the man in the straw hat for he might not refer to himself in that manner. In the end the two terms carry the same meaning: foolishly ignorant. The richest, most educated people, dressed in suites and ties and who speak perfect english are just as likely to be a redneck as the man wearing the straw hat. And a person from Chicago who doesn't carry the southern accent or wear straw hats can be just as big a redneck as the idiot that waves the rebel flag without caring what it means. If you get to meet the hee-haw guy, wearing a straw hat and overalls and he comes up to you and talks in a real slow drawl and starts trying to tell you about quantum physics, you might oughta listen, he may have something interesting to say.

Wow! Bunda, I forgive you for misinterpreting my point. I guess your short term memory is about as bad as mine because you seem to forget one of my last posts under "Identifying With The Angels" even said that I lived in the south. When I was 13 until about 18...some of my most important growing years. I was simply using the stereotypical reference to make a point. I'm not racist at all nor am I a believer of stereotypes. As a matter of fact, I prefer it down south. I'm not much of a city folk type person. Going mudding and having bon fires and beer in the woods with close friends is more to my liking. And, FYI...there's a difference between my typo and a flat out mis-spelling of a word.

Bundahead
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow! Bunda, I forgive you for misinterpreting my point. I guess your short term memory is about as bad as mine because you seem to forget one of my last posts under "Identifying With The Angels" even said that I lived in the south. When I was 13 until about 18...some of my most important growing years. I was simply using the stereotypical reference to make a point. I'm not racist at all nor am I a believer of stereotypes. As a matter of fact, I prefer it down south. I'm not much of a city folk type person. Going mudding and having bon fires and beer in the woods with close friends is more to my liking. And, FYI...there's a difference between my typo and a flat out mis-spelling of a word.
I did remember, that's why it seemed strange to me that you would say that...chalk it up to me being over sensitive today.

Bundahead
07-16-2007, 08:25 PM
You know Inner, I'm sleepy and shouldn't have gone down on that one. Just b/c i saw something that you posted earlier where you spoke of you living in the south at some time in your life doesn't mean you went into any depths of it. I had no way of knowing what you thought of your time here and honestly [sigh] It kind of eludes the point. You don't see how easy it would be to read some ignorance IN your statement (not INTO your statement)? Believe me, i'm not one of those politically correct people, i don't go looking for stereotypes to shoot down around every corner. And, I get that you arn't a racist or stuck on stereotypes, really , i do. But before you forgive me for misinterpreting your point shouldn't you first apologize for using such a bad analogy?

Luosdasa
07-17-2007, 03:10 AM

well me original post included somthing about being bob and molesting you all, so i dont really think taking me seriously was an option lol. but yeh, personally i wouldnt judge ones point on the tone in which they present it. especially considering speach lol. i come from an aussie family which loves talk about thunderboxes and cobbas and fair dinkums and diggers etc. interestingly, its a family which denounces the fucktards who plaster the southern cross on them and beat up minorities, no 'patriotism' at all. also it seems the average IQ we have is 150+ (im letting us down :'( ), despite that no one has ever had a job paying more than 50 grand (aus dollars) a year. we are percieved by many as hippie/bogans. all music and cosmic and political and beers and stubbies.

spose my point is, you may miss alot of points if you go in with preconceived ideas, if that makes sense. im drunk again

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2007, 09:22 AM
You know Inner, I'm sleepy and shouldn't have gone down on that one. Just b/c i saw something that you posted earlier where you spoke of you living in the south at some time in your life doesn't mean you went into any depths of it. I had no way of knowing what you thought of your time here and honestly [sigh] It kind of eludes the point. You don't see how easy it would be to read some ignorance IN your statement (not INTO your statement)? Believe me, i'm not one of those politically correct people, i don't go looking for stereotypes to shoot down around every corner. And, I get that you arn't a racist or stuck on stereotypes, really , i do. But before you forgive me for misinterpreting your point shouldn't you first apologize for using such a bad analogy?

Probably not

iAMtheMA!
07-19-2007, 11:05 AM
The Bob is not a person. The Bob is pure light and energy.

miketh74
11-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Too bad I missed this argument.

:(

Tool_Is_Sick
11-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow, seriously..I thought they were only aruging in the "Identifying with the Angels" thread...Guess not. Shame really. Inner_Eulogy remember Bunda is "V IS FOR VAGINA!"

Its not nice to argue with females...the male always loses. haha. Good Day!!!!

miketh74
11-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Wow, seriously..I thought they were only aruging in the "Identifying with the Angels" thread...Guess not. Shame really. Inner_Eulogy remember Bunda is "V IS FOR VAGINA!"

Ya, no Bunda in here either. She has a lot of explaining to do.

Inner_Eulogy
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM

I disagree, just because some wise ass female made up the adage "females are always right" doesn't make it so. I'll argue with anybody for something I strongly believe. Don't forget that V IS ALSO FOR VICTORY.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I disagree, just because some wise ass female made up the adage "females are always right" doesn't make it so. I'll argue with anybody for something I strongly believe. Don't forget that V IS ALSO FOR VICTORY.

lol. that is very true. I always try to avoid arguements with my girlfriend, I just dont like to argue with her. But then again like you said, if its something that I feel strongly about then I will put my foot down and put her in her place.

V is for Victory. Word.

Verboten
11-06-2007, 01:55 AM
His father who raped him. He's cum full-circle

fixed

dmurf
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM

I didn't think the rapist was ever revealed. I've only hear that he was raped/abused by a 'family member' when he was younger.

Airport Mesa
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I didn't think the rapist was ever revealed. I've only hear that he was raped/abused by a 'family member' when he was younger.

Yeah, you're right. MJK's still close with his real dad. He lived with a step-dad growing up and he was my guess.

miketh74
11-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I thought he was just physically abused, not sexually.

MORNING_GLORY
11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
The scottish name for "bob" is spelled "boab".

B=2
0=0
A=1
B=2

It's the warning he was talking about!

distantthud
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
(sigh) I'm Bob.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-11-2007, 10:58 PM
The scottish name for "bob" is spelled "boab".

B=2
0=0
A=1
B=2

It's the warning he was talking about!

I dont know much about scotland and their heritage but if you are correct about this..Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Bring on 2012! YEAH BABY!

When he says "BO(A)B HELP ME!!"...Does this mean when the year 2012 comes that it will finally end the nightmare we are living in right now?? I dont know just a thought.

Inner_Eulogy
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I dont know much about scotland and their heritage but if you are correct about this..Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Bring on 2012! YEAH BABY!

When he says "BO(A)B HELP ME!!"...Does this mean when the year 2012 comes that it will finally end the nightmare we are living in right now?? I dont know just a thought.

You're all letting your imaginations get the best of you.

orangeisgoood
11-19-2007, 08:51 PM
You're all letting your imaginations get the best of you.

yeah i agree calm down..i have nothing against opinions, but this one sounds a little "out there"..then again... there is all of that stuff aboot FAAIP DE OIAD....and it is "just a thought"
P.S. distantthud stfu

miketh74
11-23-2007, 08:28 PM

Whoa.....

orangeisgoood
11-23-2007, 09:22 PM

well the offical lyrics say "BOB help me!" not Boab. so that pretty much nullifies that theory... it doesn't make much sense (if any) for tool to randomly throw that in there anyways.

and here is where i got the "official lyrics" from--

http://toolshed.down.net/lyrics/10kdayslyrics.php

Tool_Is_Sick
11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks sweetheart but I was just using my imagination on the Boab thing im sure its just some bullshit I just thought I would throw that out there...thats all. Im not running with it to the bank or anything.

orangeisgoood
11-23-2007, 09:53 PM
yeah, you have to sift through all of the bs. i just brought up a little more proof to support our common sense.

Inner_Eulogy
11-24-2007, 08:00 AM
yeah, you have to sift through all of the bs. i just brought up a little more proof to support our common sense.

At least one of you has some ...(common sense that is)

miketh74
11-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Only if it's commonly used by that person.......LOL.

Sorry....being a smart ass tonight.

haftelm
01-07-2008, 11:56 PM
"Bob" by NOFX

It's been 15 years gettin' loaded
15 years 'till his liver exploded
Now, what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink?

The doctor said, "Whatchyu been thinkin' 'bout?"
Bob said, "That's the point! I wasn't thinkin' 'bout nothin'
Now, I gotta do something right!"

To pass the time he had someone shave his head
He got a new Identity
52 holed, air-cutioned boots
And a girl who rides a scooter to take him out of town
They would get away
Riding around until the trucks drive
You could hear those mutherfuckers go...

A couple of lines and extra thermos of joe
And they'll be kickin' in heads at the punk rock show
Now Bob's the kinda guy who knows just what to do
When the doctor tells him to

Quit your drinkin'! Now's the time
But will you ever walk the line
Kickin' ass and bustin' heads
He's got red suspenders
But will he ever walk the line?"

Inner_Eulogy
01-08-2008, 06:29 AM
"Bob" by NOFX

It's been 15 years gettin' loaded
15 years 'till his liver exploded
Now, what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink?

The doctor said, "Whatchyu been thinkin' 'bout?"
Bob said, "That's the point! I wasn't thinkin' 'bout nothin'
Now, I gotta do something right!"

To pass the time he had someone shave his head
He got a new Identity
52 holed, air-cutioned boots
And a girl who rides a scooter to take him out of town
They would get away
Riding around until the trucks drive
You could hear those mutherfuckers go...

A couple of lines and extra thermos of joe
And they'll be kickin' in heads at the punk rock show
Now Bob's the kinda guy who knows just what to do
When the doctor tells him to

Quit your drinkin'! Now's the time
But will you ever walk the line
Kickin' ass and bustin' heads
He's got red suspenders
But will he ever walk the line?"

Huh?

๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I think he's making a joke reference to "Bob" as in Bob and the Church of Subgenious...

Let me search for the totse links....

aaah, here:

http://www.totse.com/en/religion/index.html

first link. Now that I've read into it a bit I see that he's the "Bob Dobbs" people have mentioned already.

Rolo
03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
BOB REVEALED....... (http://www.kinderspeelplein.nl/bobdebouwer/images/bob.jpg)

Inner_Eulogy
03-19-2008, 09:17 AM
BOB REVEALED....... (http://www.kinderspeelplein.nl/bobdebouwer/images/bob.jpg)

That was lame...lol

Rolo
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Or would you prefer this Bob? (http://toolnavy.com/member.php?u=24050)

Inner_Eulogy
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Or would you prefer this Bob? (http://toolnavy.com/member.php?u=24050)

A little better, but still really lame