PDA

View Full Version : Alex Grey and Third Eye

waroco
06-19-2007, 01:27 PM
"Its not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom, REMEBER that at all times..."

I think this is an amazing song, and agree entirely with it. I think Tool saw, as many other musicians like Trent Reznor and Zach De La Rocha, that at the time, the war on drugs was becoming a a bit out of control. I think alot of the song has its roots in the idea that "music" would not exist if it had not been for drugs' influence on bands that set a corner stone for modern rock like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. Maynard has shown signs of a crazy fucking acid trip...check the youtube video for Sober 1993...back when they were mad as hell. Another thing is the "Prying open my third eye..." which in my interpretation (as, i think, alot of tool is open to) means that if we looked at the good things,or through another eye, it has done and not always the bad...maybe there would be a compromise. Because in truth drugs have done some good things...to an extent when has smoking a little bud in your own house ever been a crime. You can fight for your country at 18 but you cant have a beer with your father. Its songs like this, is why Tool relates to so many people and have the fan base they do. And it will always be songs like this that Tool will go down in history as being one of the best.

isthesystemdown
06-26-2007, 05:17 PM
"Its not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom, REMEBER that at all times..."

I think this is an amazing song, and agree entirely with it. I think Tool saw, as many other musicians like Trent Reznor and Zach De La Rocha, that at the time, the war on drugs was becoming a a bit out of control. I think alot of the song has its roots in the idea that "music" would not exist if it had not been for drugs' influence on bands that set a corner stone for modern rock like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. Maynard has shown signs of a crazy fucking acid trip...check the youtube video for Sober 1993...back when they were mad as hell. Another thing is the "Prying open my third eye..." which in my interpretation (as, i think, alot of tool is open to) means that if we looked at the good things,or through another eye, it has done and not always the bad...maybe there would be a compromise. Because in truth drugs have done some good things...to an extent when has smoking a little bud in your own house ever been a crime. You can fight for your country at 18 but you cant have a beer with your father. Its songs like this, is why Tool relates to so many people and have the fan base they do. And it will always be songs like this that Tool will go down in history as being one of the best.

yeah, i agree the eye to me has always been where u see something without any bias and just take it in. If you arent open, or not having ur third eye open, then you are no longer unconditional or unbiased and you judge/tolerate things conditioned by society.