PDA

View Full Version : breaking it down

Goat Reverend
12-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Carl Jung plays an enourmous role in Maynard's mind. So in order to understand Maynard, one MUST be very familiar with Jungian Theory (which is quite incredible in nearly every aspect).

The "shadow" is our projection of "self" in the personal unconscious. You have probably seen your shadow through dreams; it is the repressed side of you that is not shown during the conscious state. Jung said that the "shadow" served as a balancing act for our psyche. With its place in dreams, it retains our sanity. Through the "shadow," one can step into the collective unconscious/ 4th demension, believed by Jung and Maynard to be the next phase in our evolution.

One more hint, we have 23 pairs of chromosomes, adding another pair (& 2) would represent evolutional progression to another stage. Hope that helps, but keep in mind, TOOL wants you to find your own interpretation, whether "right" or "wrong." Let me know what you think............

GregoryWohlwend
12-05-2002, 12:49 AM
Before reading this post, i had always thought of 46 & 2 as a call for the further evolution of man. And i do think this is what maynard is trying to say, but this idea of the shadow in dreams intrigues me. Has anyone ever thought to alter their reality and then try to dream while in that altered state. Maybe this is impossible, due to the effects of the alchemy. Dreams are some of the most interesting things in my life, and this realm of the subconscious demands exploration. These are the things we as a society should be researching, not how to make a tank with bigger balls or a law with better poll results. "Crucify the Ego" shameless se;f promo: check this out:

http://wu.sw0bes.com

bassbawls
12-05-2002, 03:51 PM
While the chromosome theory has been addressed, I believe that it is only used as a representation for ascension to a higher plane of conciousness. The truth is that chromosome number has nothing at all to do with our state of conciousness. There are animals (goldfish for example) that have more than twice the amount of chromosomes as **** sapiens...yet I've never seen a goldfish perform any telekinetic acts. There is actually a religous theory (though I cannot recall it's name) that believes that there are three (maybe four) planes of conciousness on this planet. The first being with 42&2 chromosomes, next comes 44&2 (our present state) and finally 46&2, a state of conciousness believed to unlock the key to such things as telekinesis, teleporation and other such mental capacities (BTW, anyone with information on this theory, feel free to email me at [email protected]). I find it hard to believe that Tool would buy into such an obviously unfounded theory though (goldfish thing again), yet I believe that it is merely a subject that interested Maynard at the time and he decided to use the premisis to promote the expansion of conciousness...not some crackpot scientology type bullshit. Once again, Maynard used symbolism to convey a much simpler idea.

moonburn
12-07-2002, 06:03 AM
48 chromosomes will give you Down's Syndrome. There has been an interesting field of genetic study concerning those few people who can resist HIV. I guess that there are 20 different patterns or connection type things in our DNA called Codans/ Codons (?). those people that are resistant to the HIV virus have 24. what's the common thread between them you ask? they are all INTENSELY SPIRITUAL.

hee hee hee

Jake
12-07-2002, 07:27 PM
No, 47 chromosomes .. having an extra 18th chromosome is the recipe for DS.

Thix
12-09-2002, 09:44 PM
47 is the correct number of chromosomes for Down Syndrome, but it is a triplication of the twenty-first chromosome that causes Down Syndrome. Trisomy 18 is "A chromosomal disorder resulting in a syndrome characterized by specific (small) dysmorphic features and organ malformations."

akira
12-10-2002, 06:50 AM
many people have the ability for telekinesis and such but don't know it and can go their entire lives without obtaining a glimpse of the power. look at ESP for example, which could be a considered a weaker form of the power. studies on ESP have showed that the parents of offspring with great ESP potenial often have the ability latent in themselves. typically, but not always, the ability is awaken by a traumatic event (usually resulting in patches of white or gray hair). there are actually three believed levels to our evolution. the first deals with spiritual abilities havested by health meditation and wellness. you can see these abilies in buddist monks for example. the second level is one that has been stimulated with narcotics. germans use to do experiments on their own soldiers, during ww1 i believe, as part of their program to create a super-soldier. the only conceivable way known to man to get to the final level is a combination of the two. (actually, don't quote me on these examples. it's been awhile since i've learned about this, but it's in the general ballpark.) what i'm trying to get at here is that the power is latent in many of us (honestly!) but don't expect to learn about this in school. do some thinking yourself, come up with your own answers. schools are regulated by state and sometimes federal boards that determine what is necessary to teach and what isn't. think about all of the times that you've turned a radio on and the song you've wanted to hear is playing, or how many times you've picked up the phone to call your buddy and before it rings to hear your friend on the other end already. these AREN'T coincidences.

on some sidenotes:
some scientists believe that Jesus was the first known man to havest the power of the next level through a traumatic event in his mid-20s. (biblically, Jesus could not perform miacles before then.) when religious fanatics talk about jesus or muhammed returning from the dead, what they actaully are waiting is another deeply religious person to break the barrier and prove all the non-believers wrong. who knows, if religion wasn't already established today, and you went to the next level maybe people would be right bibles about you and worshipping you.

"listen to my muscle memory"
1 cell in your body contains 116,415,321.8 Gigs of memory. when you were just a single cell inside your mother, we (as in people in general (scientists)) could detremine your entire physical characteristics, if you'd be born with a birth-defect, and possibly quotent of intelligence, all from that single unborn cell of you. YOU as a single being do not take up 116,415,321.8 Gigs of memory. most of the information in your cells are other memories from other people passed down from generation to generation. my mom didn't create a cell for me to grow from, she gave me one of hers, with all of her memories. you have the ability in you it's just sad that computers and industry came along to hinder evolution.

think for yourself...

browndog
12-12-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Jake
No, 47 chromosomes .. having an extra 18th chromosome is the recipe for DS.

Actually, you have an extra 21st chromosome. Another term for Down Syndrome is trisomy 21.

Rick