PDA

View Full Version : intermission

Dispoflectional
07-29-2003, 01:13 PM
this isnt about the artwork at the concerts, but during the intermission at the concert i went to, the lights turned to a dark blue, and a loud, groundshaking vibration was started and lasted for longer than i can remember. has anybody else experienced this at a tool concert? this really tripped me out and it felt like it lasted for an eternity. it was truly an awesome feeling though, like my whole body was filled with energy.

nickknocker
07-29-2003, 03:50 PM
yep, insane huh?
did you see the screens during the intermission?
the grey guy, the skin on his face stretches on and off, and you can see his
skull...jeez
I think they did it at every concert they played last year

Dispoflectional
07-29-2003, 05:45 PM
yep, insane huh?
did you see the screens during the intermission?
the grey guy, the skin on his face stretches on and off, and you can see his
skull...jeez
I think they did it at every concert they played last year

the skull jumping up and down? yeah that was intense... i get flashbacks just thinking about it.

Soaky
08-20-2003, 07:21 AM
http://www.chetzar.com/skull.html <--- Teh Jumping Skull.

Absolute_Chaos
09-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Its Like being on drugs if you ask me.

The preformance tool puts on is intense but i live in new zealand so the next time i get the have that experience is a long long long long long way away which will make it that much more intense when i do get to seem them again.

But because new zealand is a small country and they played 3 times last tour its possible to go to all the concerts with out it beinga big hole in the wallet. I didnt but my mates did went to the christchruch concert The missioned it to wellington and drove up to auckland on the last night.

Odibilėph
10-08-2003, 03:39 PM
I read on a website that documented all of Tool's setlists that the intermission is called Osseus Labyrint. I know that it's a contortionist group, but I'm just relaying what I've discovered:
www.distortiononline.com

yllwcrystlstr
11-02-2003, 10:34 PM
this isnt about the artwork at the concerts, but during the intermission at the concert i went to, the lights turned to a dark blue, and a loud, groundshaking vibration was started and lasted for longer than i can remember. has anybody else experienced this at a tool concert? this really tripped me out and it felt like it lasted for an eternity. it was truly an awesome feeling though, like my whole body was filled with energy.

the second show i saw, they played third eye and it unleashed some serious kundalini pent up inside me. also i could smell marajuana people were smoking. when they started that rumble, it was fucking disturbing. i just wanted it to stop, i was on the verge of a bad trip it seemed. I was not on anything. My guess is, it does put you or your brain into a trance, but it also makes Disposition sound so much sweeter....

celtic_mike
11-13-2003, 07:47 AM
When I attended the summer "inside the outside" concert in Ft. Worth Texas, the artwork that was used throughout the show was truly amazing. I believe that most of the artwork was supplied by the amazing Chet Zar and some other contributions by Spiral Eyes. (Both very accomplished (groups of) artists. www.chetzar.com and www.spiraleyes.com) The image of the skull moving rapidly about inside the grey guys face until finally bursting forth was indeed interesting. The intense sound during the intermission that almost ripped my chest open was a very thought provoking and energizing experience. TooL's use of lights is amazing and adds to the overall feeling and ambiance of thier concerts.

Dispoflectional
01-16-2004, 01:31 PM
the second show i saw, they played third eye and it unleashed some serious kundalini pent up inside me. also i could smell marajuana people were smoking. when they started that rumble, it was fucking disturbing. i just wanted it to stop, i was on the verge of a bad trip it seemed. I was not on anything. My guess is, it does put you or your brain into a trance, but it also makes Disposition sound so much sweeter....

yeah thats exactly how i felt, my trip started to go a little weird at the part. But i was really high as well. It was almost like they did it to just teach us some sort of lesson, or show us the control they have over us during their concerts...

only they know..

stattica
01-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I read on a website that documented all of Tool's setlists that the intermission is called Osseus Labyrint. I know that it's a contortionist group, but I'm just relaying what I've discovered:
www.distortiononline.com
thats a different intermision, Osseus Labyrint is a group of two performers, the two people in the schism video are Osseus Labyrint. During the first lateralus tour Osseus Labyrint went out at intermission and did there own little show. what everyone is talking about here is quite different and was just known as "intermission"

LabRat404
02-14-2004, 07:39 PM
http://www.chetzar.com/skull.html <--- Teh Jumping Skull.

that site brings back a lot of memories from my only tool concert.