PDA

View Full Version : this really has no point, but i wanna share it anyways.

[blue]
06-14-2007, 10:16 AM
i never was a big fan of Rosetta Stoned, I never really got the point or an idea of it at all, i just turned it off after a minute or two of incoherent gibberish. *shuns her close-mindedness*

first, i agree with a lot of people saying its up to the listener to decide if it actually happened and wasnt all just a dream in the mind of the subject.
And going back to Keys, the way its set up is especially interesting, considering the person apparently just appeared there, may have turned themselves in, or some anonymous person dropped him off. No ID... nothing.

but then one day i went insane.
part deep down subconcious desire to experience insanity. part DXM (dextromethorphan) and KB.

...And my mind told me to listen to Rosetta Stoned. i felt like it was a responsibility, like i would be better off if i did.

So... There I was. [blue]. 1500 miles away from home and friends. Didnt really have a place to live... my shit was who knows where, all I had was my ex-roomate's house with a roof and a bed, my cd player, and access to some cough syrup. That was it.

And the DXM did nothing until I smoked a joint, it must have opened up something cause my whole brain went on autopilot. There was no control of thoughts, just one huge no pun intended spiral of ideas. It seemed everything linked with everything inside my mind, and the knowledge and secrets of the world were all crowding for attention in an ever-so-perfectly connected web inside my head. Memories flashed back at the same time as I could feel the different systems in my body moving and coexisting together in slick functionality.

My flesh and bones expanded. They condensed and expanded. I thought of the skeletal system, nervous system and my insides. I was a body. How odd.

I focused and my vision became RGB, then pixilated. I calculated mass equasions at the speed of light. Then as if I had taken the place of God himself, I became filled with the excess of truth... Suddenly everything in the world made sense. I knew everything. Everything was a spiral of endless knowledge. The whole world was in my head.

I thought then that I would die. At first I felt myself constricting in fear, then thought to myself what a great opportunity. So I wanted to. I was happy and scared as shit at the same time.

Then I got paranoid. What would I say if someone walked in? I couldnt hide the fact that I was clinically insane! I couldnt risk him sending me to the hospital and me dying in a cold white unfamiliar room... so while i laid in bed whispering to myself.

I had to remember that "the insane are geniuses". i still dont truly know what that means, but it sure the fuck stood out.

as I was very convinced that I was both insane and genius, since I 'knew everything'. I started talking out loud to myself about the mysteries of the universe. I thought then that I needed to check myself into a hospital just because this wasnt normal. So... I left the house with my cd player in purse and started walking.

Had I gone the right way, I would have made it to the hospital. Instead, I found myself at a gazebo park in the opposite direction.

I wrote a goodbye note to everyone on a notepad in my purse, and finally listened to Rosetta Stoned. It made infinate sense. I was living Rosetta Stoned in a way, at least thats what my mind told me.

I couldnt pay that much attention to the lyrics at the time, since my mind was all over, but from what I got out of it, I needed to get some sleep, try not to shit myself, and tell the world tomorrow if I was still alive that all the answers to the world are in the back of your head.

It would have been crazy to show up at the hospital completely fucking out of your mind with nothing but a TOOL album and a notepad. No ID, nothing.

I put myself in that perspective everytime I listen to Keys -> RS. It opened the song to me. I love the coincidence, and the fact that this situation led me to adapt Rosetta Stoned into something that happened or may have happened to me. It made me really listen to it and appreciate the song. It made me quit mixing fucking drugs all over the place.

At the same time I feel there's got to be something I can explain this crazy situation to be. I feel like there's more to this than me just getting fucked up and listening to Tool. Maybe that's just what it is. But I'll keep digging til I feel something.

Does any of this make sense? Probably just a pointless ramble.

Inner_Eulogy
06-15-2007, 09:30 AM
;1998863']i never was a big fan of Rosetta Stoned, I never really got the point or an idea of it at all, i just turned it off after a minute or two of incoherent gibberish. *shuns her close-mindedness*

first, i agree with a lot of people saying its up to the listener to decide if it actually happened and wasnt all just a dream in the mind of the subject.
And going back to Keys, the way its set up is especially interesting, considering the person apparently just appeared there, may have turned themselves in, or some anonymous person dropped him off. No ID... nothing.

but then one day i went insane.
part deep down subconcious desire to experience insanity. part DXM (dextromethorphan) and KB.

...And my mind told me to listen to Rosetta Stoned. i felt like it was a responsibility, like i would be better off if i did.

So... There I was. [blue]. 1500 miles away from home and friends. Didnt really have a place to live... my shit was who knows where, all I had was my ex-roomate's house with a roof and a bed, my cd player, and access to some cough syrup. That was it.

And the DXM did nothing until I smoked a joint, it must have opened up something cause my whole brain went on autopilot. There was no control of thoughts, just one huge no pun intended spiral of ideas. It seemed everything linked with everything inside my mind, and the knowledge and secrets of the world were all crowding for attention in an ever-so-perfectly connected web inside my head. Memories flashed back at the same time as I could feel the different systems in my body moving and coexisting together in slick functionality.

My flesh and bones expanded. They condensed and expanded. I thought of the skeletal system, nervous system and my insides. I was a body. How odd.

I focused and my vision became RGB, then pixilated. I calculated mass equasions at the speed of light. Then as if I had taken the place of God himself, I became filled with the excess of truth... Suddenly everything in the world made sense. I knew everything. Everything was a spiral of endless knowledge. The whole world was in my head.

I thought then that I would die. At first I felt myself constricting in fear, then thought to myself what a great opportunity. So I wanted to. I was happy and scared as shit at the same time.

Then I got paranoid. What would I say if someone walked in? I couldnt hide the fact that I was clinically insane! I couldnt risk him sending me to the hospital and me dying in a cold white unfamiliar room... so while i laid in bed whispering to myself.

I had to remember that "the insane are geniuses". i still dont truly know what that means, but it sure the fuck stood out.

as I was very convinced that I was both insane and genius, since I 'knew everything'. I started talking out loud to myself about the mysteries of the universe. I thought then that I needed to check myself into a hospital just because this wasnt normal. So... I left the house with my cd player in purse and started walking.

Had I gone the right way, I would have made it to the hospital. Instead, I found myself at a gazebo park in the opposite direction.

I wrote a goodbye note to everyone on a notepad in my purse, and finally listened to Rosetta Stoned. It made infinate sense. I was living Rosetta Stoned in a way, at least thats what my mind told me.

I couldnt pay that much attention to the lyrics at the time, since my mind was all over, but from what I got out of it, I needed to get some sleep, try not to shit myself, and tell the world tomorrow if I was still alive that all the answers to the world are in the back of your head.

It would have been crazy to show up at the hospital completely fucking out of your mind with nothing but a TOOL album and a notepad. No ID, nothing.

I put myself in that perspective everytime I listen to Keys -> RS. It opened the song to me. I love the coincidence, and the fact that this situation led me to adapt Rosetta Stoned into something that happened or may have happened to me. It made me really listen to it and appreciate the song. It made me quit mixing fucking drugs all over the place.

At the same time I feel there's got to be something I can explain this crazy situation to be. I feel like there's more to this than me just getting fucked up and listening to Tool. Maybe that's just what it is. But I'll keep digging til I feel something.

Does any of this make sense? Probably just a pointless ramble.

Well at least you remembered your pen...LMAO

[blue]
06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Well at least you remembered your pen...LMAO

*falls off chair laughing*

And I've found my signature quote :P

hemiola
06-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I think this song is mocking your 'experience'.

And mocking the one I had as well, similar to those of others here. I'll never forget it either. 8 years ago, 4:45 - 5:00 AM, , coming down off 4 purple gel tabs, smoked a bit of reefer to calm my stomach, laying in bed with a little TV flickering in the background. It looked like a cartoon but it wasn't. I was contemplating the universe, just playing with ideas. I had solar systems swirling over my bed. The solar systems slowly morphed into atoms, then back again. I was engulfed with thoughts of the similarities between the two, and why things work, such as gravity, electricty, magnets. The answer came to me for a second, it was pure euphoria. It was the greatest and happiest moment of my life. I really can't describe the feeling, I'd never felt it before or since. Just one sentence made the entire universe make such beautiful sense to me. Then it was gone. POOF. I remember every detail of that evening except those few words.

It was the greatest moment followed by the most disappointing moment of my life. But, knowing that I had it and remembering how wonderful it was comforts the hell out of me. The truth is still there if I remember it or not.

Not too long after I quit doing LSD. I always hated the idea of not knowing exactly what I was getting myself into, i.e. the quality/purity of the drug, how much for a proper dose, etc. Every year or two I endulge in a heavenly dose of the shrooms. Good times.

To the OP. please be careful with that shit, the syrup that is. I've been to one of those funerals and it fucking sucked bad. You now know the destination, try to find your way back there without the drugs and I imagine the rewards will be unfathomable. Hopefully I'll meet you there.

Also, forget the pen. Get one of those pocket tape recorders, so you don't have to interrupt your thoughts to write or get lost staring at a blank sheet of paper. Just remember batteries.

[blue]
06-16-2007, 10:38 AM
i havent done that since. The song itself kinda scared the shit out of me. Especially the next day when I woke up and remembered what had happened... Half the time I thought I was dead, then I woke up alive and listened to Rosetta Stoned... I'm like, "Dude, I'm never doing drugs again."

And I dont know how much I took but it was 10 Coricidin HP Flu pills, and it does crazy shit when it mixes with THC. I didnt even know. I was stupid. Tool has helped me open my eyes! :D

bewildered1
06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
I took some pharmaceutical grade dxm that my friend was able to get online, that is until the goverment shut the site down. Any ways, it was the powder form of the drug and we would put the white powder into capsules (about 300mg each) and swallow 'em. Wow what drug when its in its purest state, especially when you smoke weed while on it. They say you can reach higher "plateaus" of euphoria when taken in excess. I would usually puke when comin up, but comin down was amazing

Inner_Eulogy
06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
;2001597']*falls off chair laughing*

And I've found my signature quote :P

Glad you like it