PDA

View Full Version : the voice of god

chonus
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I've been thinking about if Maynard is singing this song from his perspective or someone else's.

I've come to the conclusion that God is singing this song or it is sung from the perspective of God.

I won't repost the lyrics as you're all probably pretty familiar with them but it seems like it definitely could fit.

I think all the songs are sung from a different perspective but I'll save that for a different thread.

Could Jambi be the voice of God?

peace.

Gov
06-11-2007, 11:41 PM
From, "Damn my eyes, " and on I definitely can see that as from God's perspective. That whole thing with compromising a fulcrum and the benevolent sun creating union . But everything before that I am little confused on how it can be from God's perspective?

I don't know maybe the first part is from a human being's perspective, then the next part is God's? But probably not.

Inner_Eulogy
06-12-2007, 05:25 AM
From, "Damn my eyes, " and on I definitely can see that as from God's perspective. That whole thing with compromising a fulcrum and the benevolent sun creating union . But everything before that I am little confused on how it can be from God's perspective?

I don't know maybe the first part is from a human being's perspective, then the next part is God's? But probably not.

I agree, it's an interesting idea but I do not think it's correct at all.

Divine_left
06-12-2007, 05:36 AM
It occurred to me the other day that this entire album could be interpreted as written from the perspective of God.

Unlikely, but kind of an interesting way to look at it.

iminsideurmind
06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I think we are our own Gods so no matter what it is written from the perspective of a god...

Divine_left
06-12-2007, 11:13 AM
God doesn't want to lose us because we're his primary form of entertainment?

Goes pretty well with Vicarious which is obviously speaking from God's perspective.

I like it. The 2nd half of the album especially has a God voice to it.

Inner_Eulogy
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
God doesn't want to lose us because we're his primary form of entertainment?

Goes pretty well with Vicarious which is obviously speaking from God's perspective.

Obviously? How about it being your pea-sized brain opinion perhaps...

Gov
06-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Inner_Eulogy teach me the ways.

Inner_Eulogy
06-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Inner_Eulogy teach me the ways.

Sorry, my response was a little harsh earlier...was having a stressful day at work. Anyways, my beef was that the guy was stating his OPINION as fact when clearly it is not.

[blue]
06-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Vicarious is obviously speaking from God's perspective.
lol. well this is news to me!

here's a little help. it COULD be...

ob·vi·ous
–adjective
1. easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident: an obvious advantage.
2. lacking in subtlety.
3. Obsolete. being or standing in the way.

...or it could be just your...

o·pin·ion
–noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Inner_Eulogy
06-14-2007, 09:19 AM
;1998677']Vicarious is obviously speaking from God's perspective.
lol. well this is news to me!

here's a little help. it COULD be...

ob·vi·ous
–adjective
1. easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident: an obvious advantage.
2. lacking in subtlety.
3. Obsolete. being or standing in the way.

...or it could be just your...

o·pin·ion
–noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Right, exactly what I said....just with all sorts of backup facts and a little nicer I suppose =-)

[blue]
06-15-2007, 10:40 AM
well i just thought we may not be dealing with the brightest bulb in the box so i thought i would clarify... jp :P
*slaps herself for being so damn mean all the time*