PDA

View Full Version : There is no "man"

Vile1011
07-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I think a major point in this song is that there is no such thing as "the Man". Too many people think they sound cool by being anti-corporate, and seem to believe that the world would be a wonderfully happy place if not for some evil fat-cats trying to suck as much money from the public as possible.

The truth is, there is no man. It's society altogether that causes all its problems. It's Maynard, the boy, and everyone else. They ALL are the "man" that the boy tries to blame. What Maynard is saying in the song is that EVERYONE is the problem, it's not just some rich motherfuckers trying to get money out of poor, innocent teenagers who buy all the trendy clothes and then complain about corporate America.

i live in the toolshed
08-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Thats exactally what I got out of the song first time I listened to it.

Ya, you can complain about corportions, but you still buy from them and encourage them. Both parties are at fault for the problems they complain about. And really there is no way to leave the cycle, because everyone likes to be in that cycle. Like I have always said, people can either love or hate something, and if they love it, they can also love to hate it.

Tantobourne
08-11-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm the man. (as sung by Anthrax) *