PDA

View Full Version : The music business

a_gnostic
06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I think this song is about the tedious nature of the music business. This album came out after a long legal battle with their record company. I don't remember all the details but it just makes sense to me. To be patient because this is your band and you've worked hard for it.

The night this album came out I was at Tower Records in Atlanta and DC and MJK were present. All these people lined up out the door to get the new TOOL album and here are two of the creators of this wonderful music standing in front of the magazines. They were playing a show the next night at a small club. Good memories.

Ghostwriter
06-14-2007, 04:18 PM
The battle happened between Lateralus and 10,000 Days dude.

dissected-detcessid
06-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Nah, it happened during after salival and before laturalus.

a_gnostic
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I remember that being one of the reasons APC was able to get off the ground. Because everyone had the time to do different projects during the legal process. Peach, Pygmie Love Circus - I could be very wrong.

My idea of the song is that MJK is sort of telling everyone that he's not leaving, and everything will be allright. I've been in several bands and members have always come and gone, and I think the lyrical content of the song is mostly about keeping the band together.

"...right here giving blood keeping faith"

and that

" if there were no rewards to reap, i certainly would have walked away by now"

Anyone who's been in a band for several years can understand how much passion is involved. Hell, anyone who's been in any kind of relationship can Identify with this song. If they just be patient and wait it out things will get better.