PDA

View Full Version : No Quarter; An Oxymoron?

Ghostwriter
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Wikipedia defines the term "No Quarter":

"It originates from an order by the commander of a victorious army that they "will not quarter (house)" captured enemy soldiers.[citation needed] Therefore, none can be taken prisoner and all enemy combatants must be killed."

In simpler terms; the commander will cry "no quarter" telling his troops to kill all enemy soldiers rather than imprison them.

During the song, Maynard sings:

"Locked in a place where no one goes."

This could represent the enemy troops locked in a prison cell. This however would be violating "no quarter" because they were ordered to kill all the enemy troops rather than imprison them.

It is difficult to write these thoughts down. If you have any interpretations pertaining to this idea, put them down and we will build upon this thought. Be easy dudes, I know this interpretation is skimpy but it is difficult to explain.

Divine_left
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe you should ask Robert Plant instead.

Ghostwriter
06-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe you should ask Robert Plant instead.

Who? Garr, my interpretation is confusing me!

Hodge
06-04-2007, 04:14 PM
and she's buying a stairway......

hushypushy
06-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, I think the whole "no quarter" thing refers to not giving someone any slack...this song seems to be in the whole Prison Sex/jimmy frame of mind regarding child abuse to me. He is given no quarter (not given a chance or any respect) and gets locked in a place where no one goes (a real place? in your mind? something else?).

Pavlov_Dog
06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Who? Garr, my interpretation is confusing me!The singer for Led Zeppelin.

This is a cover of their song.

Ghostwriter
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
The singer for Led Zeppelin.

This is a cover of their song.

I know that

Cheesegreater
06-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, but you didn't know who the singer was. Jimmy Page is the guitarist. John Bonham's the drummer, and John Paul Jones is the bassist. John Paul Jones wrote the damn song, and actually will be performing at Bonoroo when Tool is there.

What do you guys think will happen? Do you think we could get a No Quarter performance of epic proportions? I really hope so, even though I won't even get to go. Oh well.