PDA

View Full Version : I met the HWAP at a Tool Show

Wattz
05-30-2007, 09:22 AM
He didn't have a shirt on, was smoking cigarettes, wearing Vans, and some black below-the-knee shorts. He had a goatee, was covered in Tool tattoos, and wore sunglasses even when he got inside the venue. I know for sure he had the Opiate Album cover tattoo'd on his stomach, some lyrics tattoo'd on his chest, and plenty of other Tool tattoos all over.

He claimed to have been waiting since 8AM, and was pissed off when My girlfriend and I showed up at 2PM and got our wristbands first. This guy was serious about his obsession.

Just thought I should let everyone know that this guy really exists. I'm sure there are more instances of him around the world.

Beware. They get aggressive when they've been outsmarted.

Ghostwriter
06-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Haha, he's at every concert!

Ghostwriter
06-02-2007, 10:43 AM
If Maynard sees him, he will jump off stage, charge him, and kick his ass... Haha...

martyrinexile86
06-17-2007, 05:54 PM
If Maynard sees him, he will jump off stage, charge him, and kick his ass... Haha...

Yeah, he'd give him a good Judo-kick in the ass, and tell him to get his poser ass the hell out of the venue.

martyrinexile86
06-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I love Tool just as much as the next guy, but the fact that someone can be that obsessed over a band as to pattern their whole life after them, is just a bit scary to me.

paranormalgirl
06-17-2007, 06:13 PM
wow i need to start looking for this guy at shows lol...anyone have a pic of him lol

mkean
06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Ha. It's obvious that either back then (or still now) Maynard hates us all. Or at least, that's what it sounds like in this song. Grumpy bastard. Still, I don't think he believed everything he said in this song. But this still stands: Everyone wants money.

jpoling13
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
I have a Maynard inspired tattoo, but it isn't exactly like his, it has my own influences mixed in. I think it's scary when I meet people who are that obsessed. There is big difference between fan and stalker/obsesser.

What I really hate are the people who can recite every line to every song, but have no real respect for what those lines mean. I recently saw Tool in concert, and I was surrounded by those exact wannabees, and it sucked for the rest of us who just came to see our band and enjoy a good show.

Hodge
06-29-2007, 10:22 PM
maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental
how would you know these people don't know what these lines mean?

elitist.

weesper
06-30-2007, 12:42 AM
maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental
how would you know these people don't know what these lines mean?

elitist.

Word!

Btw, in case you didnt ger it the HWAP is Maynard himself..(I meant this at the guy who started the thread)

jpoling13
06-30-2007, 09:30 AM
In a crowd of people, I can't judge them by looking at them. But get to talking to some of these people and it's really obvious they have no idea what they're talking about.