PDA

View Full Version : tell me if i'm wrong...

nabiliofadilio
05-24-2007, 08:25 PM
i have listened to this song once. one measly time, it never stuck, i can't decide, is this an unforgivable sin against tool? i find myslef becoming impatient when i listen to it. well the one time i did.
maybe i should give it another chance? can some of you explain to me if and why this is a good song, am i missing something?

hobbitcore
05-27-2007, 04:13 PM
it's not really a "song"...it's nothing like any other Tool song...very dark cross between techno and tribal beats...the actual "song" part of it is about 6:45 so don't be turned off by the 15 minute time on it...the rest is just a high frequency noise and then there's some very quiet talking at the very end

it's really dark and cryptic...i love it

thezeusanator
05-27-2007, 04:54 PM
this song is great you should love it. it's one of my favorite songs on the album, sometimes I skip to 69 just to hear it first. However I came to love it later on after a few listens.

nabiliofadilio
05-27-2007, 11:28 PM
well i'll give it a listen, i've learned that every tool song has somehting underneath your first impression, soo.... ok

martyrinexile86
06-22-2007, 04:37 PM
it's not really a "song"...it's nothing like any other Tool song...very dark cross between techno and tribal beats...the actual "song" part of it is about 6:45 so don't be turned off by the 15 minute time on it...the rest is just a high frequency noise and then there's some very quiet talking at the very end

it's really dark and cryptic...i love it

I was never really able to see why they saw the need to put 7 minutes of cricket noises near the end. That's the part of it that really tests my patience.

Novus_
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I was never really able to see why they saw the need to put 7 minutes of cricket noises near the end. That's the part of it that really tests my patience.

Just because there ARE 7 minutes of cricket's chirping, does not mean you HAVE to listen to it. You realize this song is basically just a big joke? If Maynard farted into a microphone for 7 minutes and called it a song, would you still feel compelled to listen for the entire time? Just turn it off man! Jeez.

Ghostwriter
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I enjoy this song because it is dark and disturbing making it unique. My favorite part is the clever "analogy": "LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES!" (because the carrots contain vitamin B which improves your vision). I think Disgustipated helped branched Tool from more their aggressive music to more spiritual music.

nabiliofadilio
07-09-2007, 05:07 PM
hahah i never got that before

The Holy Gift
07-09-2007, 08:49 PM
you do know that at about 14 minutes, under all that noise, there is a guy talking? u have to turn it up SOOO loud to hear it...but its there. he talks about waking up in a ditch with goo all over your body. your head hurts, u touch the grass and ur color is green. then u see the sky and blood and your color is red. you see your car, a camera case, woods and people. idk it all by heart, its all very creepy. i suggest u check it out.

Bhikkhu
08-23-2007, 01:19 PM
you do know that at about 14 minutes, under all that noise, there is a guy talking? u have to turn it up SOOO loud to hear it...but its there. he talks about waking up in a ditch with goo all over your body. your head hurts, u touch the grass and ur color is green. then u see the sky and blood and your color is red. you see your car, a camera case, woods and people. idk it all by heart, its all very creepy. i suggest u check it out.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's a poem and it's probably about a serial killer.

nabiliofadilio
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
oh really, ididn't know that. thanks