PDA

View Full Version : grudge

oscar the cat
12-01-2002, 03:03 PM
to me the song is about the cummulative effect of holding onto grudges and resentments......it's about letting these things go and returning to the way you were when you were a child......to the point where you didn't have so much negative baggage and could look at the world through innocent eyes. holding a grudge against someone is like stabbing a sword through your abdomen to kill the person standing behind you..........it drags you down until you choose to let this go. let go of the bitterness.....it's not good for you.

GregoryWohlwend
12-02-2002, 01:26 AM
i tend to agree but i think the grudge isn't neccessarily negative. Its sort of a state of middle-groundness. Shedding the grudge is like casting away anything that connects you with whatever puts the human spirit out of balance. By forgiving these grudges the listener is allowed to embark on an experience for personal enlightenment. Only by doing so will he or she be able to experience and transcend the realities they have grown comfortable with and explore new regions of existence.

http://wu.sw0bes.com