PDA

View Full Version : Obvious meaning of the song....

Buddie
05-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Maynard sucks at Tetris.

thomasknight
05-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Damn. It's so obvious now.

jevons
05-25-2007, 09:11 AM
someone lock this please?

P.S. Ferris Beuler interpretations rock, so do Burger King burgers.

thomasknight
05-25-2007, 06:06 PM
someone lock this please?

P.S. Ferris Beuler interpretations rock, so do Burger King burgers.

Jevons is going round telling people what threads suck?

Maybe this thread shouldn't be locked, but put in "The Pot".

Buddie
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM

...but The Pot isn't about Tetris...

jevons
05-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Jevons is going round telling people what threads suck?

note the question mark dick? jokes?

thomasknight
05-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Obvious meaning of this thread...

Jevons sucks at jokes???

jevons
05-27-2007, 09:23 AM
obvious meaning of shut the fuck up?

*runs away crying*

jokes, not a joke.

Buddie
05-27-2007, 04:36 PM
owned

thomasknight
05-27-2007, 06:09 PM
owned

who?

Esurient4Truth
05-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Obvious meaning of this thread...

Buddie sucks at jokes???

fxd

Buddie
05-28-2007, 05:13 PM
What a vociferous comment.

toolwithapenis
05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
i have references that this is true
ii met MJK
and i had one question
i asked him
what the fuck is schism about
and he said
TETRIS YOU DUMB FUCK NOW LET ME DRINK MY SEXY WINE

true story

Buddie
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I believe it

jevons
05-30-2007, 05:36 AM
who?

a cat once. It died. So fucking watch out.

Eulogy33
05-30-2007, 08:25 PM
hmmmm

Ghostwriter
06-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Maynard plays too much boggle...

Cheesegreater
06-05-2007, 12:10 PM
i have references that this is true
ii met MJK
and i had one question
i asked him
what the fuck is schism about
and he said
TETRIS YOU DUMB FUCK NOW LET ME DRINK MY SEXY WINE

true story

That's sounds like Maynard. I met a chick once that ran into him after a show.

He looked down at her shoes and said, "You have some snew on your shoe."

She responds, "What's 'snew'???"

Maynard shrugs, "I don't know. What's new with you?"

toolwithapenis
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM

wow
maynards a nard

Cheesegreater
06-12-2007, 01:04 PM
It "can" be about Tetris. It doesn't mean that it "has" to be. I'm sure Maynard just wants to give people generic answers so he doesn't have to bullshit with them. I'm sure the last thing he wants to talk about are songs he's been singing for years and years when he first meets someone.

]v[edusa
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
lolz @ jevons

I agree with cheesegreater.

If any of you had a band where you took a lot of books that not everyone reads and stuffed it into an album would you go into depth what a certain song was about to some interveiwer that had never read a book about the things your song was about? I can totally understand why Maynard gets so nervous in interviews.

Sure you can point tetris out in the song. You can believe its all about tetris all you want, but you also gotta understand that Maynard tends to joke and play around. Didnt he say he was gay once and that he found jesus?

Buddie
06-15-2007, 02:00 PM
How do we know that he isn't, and hasn't?

]v[edusa
06-15-2007, 02:06 PM
How do we know that he isn't, and hasn't?

are you talking about this

Didnt he say he was gay once and that he found jesus?

... I dont knwo where I read it or heard it but he did say he was joking around about those and kinda laughed that people bought it.

Cheesegreater
06-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I've heard that one too. Maynard prides himself on fucking with people.

bgparanoid
06-16-2007, 02:58 PM
tetris sucks.

Buddie
06-17-2007, 06:40 AM
I never could get past level 5 in that game.

Buddie
06-17-2007, 06:41 AM
wait a minute.....track 5...level 5...Could Maynard have known about my skill (or lack thereof), and placed Schism there as a little inside joke between us?

Ghostwriter
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
wait a minute.....track 5...level 5...Could Maynard have known about my skill (or lack thereof), and placed Schism there as a little inside joke between us?

Flood23
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I believe the song is about a mirror image of someones own self and trying to get back together and make the pieces fit...almost as if the person has a split personallity and trying to fit them together.

miketh74
07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I may be way off base, but I took it as someone like a friend that you alienate because of separate growing interests. I might be taking the song too literal though. Only Maynard knows.

Flood23
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I can see what your saying, but I think it makes more sense of a mirror image as good side and bad trying to fit together.

Buddie
07-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I think it makes more sense if you play tetris while listening to it - preferably while on level 5.

miketh74
07-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Sooooo...."between supposed lovers" means between your split personalities? Dam.....Maynard does suck at Tetris (level 5) LOL!!!

base metal
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
This shit is deep. All kinds of things have come to light now. :)

miketh74
07-29-2007, 04:14 PM
This shit is deep. All kinds of things have come to light now. :)

I'd have to agree....if this song is about Tetris, Tool is the greatset band in the world (which I already agree with).

parables in the world
07-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Imagine...

miketh74
07-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Imagine...

....all the people.

nocatharsis
08-11-2007, 09:14 PM
i always assumed schism is about dysfunctional relationships. "I know the pieces fit" could on one level be about Tetris, but going with the rest of the words, "rediscover communication" and "between supposed lovers" etc, the pieces seem more like sex. And in the video, the creatures literally "become one" at the end of the song.

p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-12-2007, 05:05 PM
lol, I love this thread.

nocatharsis
08-13-2007, 08:28 PM
or... Tetris is what came between the supposed lovers. And they have to rediscover communication. And at the end of the song, they rediscover it by playing together. well its one player, so taking turns or something, i don't know. lol.

miketh74
08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
or... Tetris is what came between the supposed lovers. And they have to rediscover communication. And at the end of the song, they rediscover it by playing together. well its one player, so taking turns or something, i don't know. lol.

I can just see it now...Maynard bitchin that someone scored higher than him on Tetris (level 5)...lol!!!

I always re-read this thread and it cracks me up every time. If you listen to the lyrics, you can positively fit this assumption into the song. Even if we truly know the meaning of it, you can't help but imagine competition between two players in Tetris.

Funny...every time I listen to Schism now. :D

tshiskoko
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm sure that Maynard has played tetris and whooped the shit out of it and saw the rocket fly into the sun, I don't know if the song is about tetris, but why the fuck not? Tool is the greatest band ever! Maynard can write about anything he likes.

Eulogy33
09-25-2007, 05:38 PM

lmao.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
10-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I bet Maynard read this and was like "Fuck! That dude figured me out."
Really funny stuff.

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Are Jesus and Satan brothers? Supposedly? I bet they are both pretty good at Tetris by now. How many levels are there?

revolve
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
tetris sucks.

you suck.

DON IOTAE
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Tool is the greatest band ever!

false.

Now, about tetris...

you suck.

indeed.

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I love this

miketh74
10-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Tool IS the greatest band!!!

TRUE

DON IOTAE
10-28-2007, 11:18 AM
If I name just one that's better, it's false right?

*looks*

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure if You can do anything false right, you can sure pretend, and I'll back you up

DON IOTAE
10-29-2007, 06:39 AM
i may have skipped a comma somewhere...

miketh74
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
i may have skipped a comma somewhere...

LOL....

Go ahead. My apologies for being bias.

IMO, Tool is the best band.

:)

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
10-30-2007, 01:12 PM
tool has helped me to enjoy everything else 8fold

miketh74
11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
tool has helped me to enjoy everything else 8fold

8 fold?

What about 10 fold?

What's wrong with you man?

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
11-02-2007, 10:49 PM
8 is my favorite number, coded in my DNA. I can't budge

miketh74
11-04-2007, 01:21 PM
8 is my favorite number, coded in my DNA. I can't budge

LOL....that's 8 up.

DON IOTAE
11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Puscifer is better than Tool.

Tool would never have the guts to call their album "V is for Vagina"

btw, V is for Vagina...

orangeisgoood
11-25-2007, 08:01 PM
me thinks Schism is about some moldy puzzle somewhere. idk , maybe 2 really pissed people are trying to figure it out? the "fall away" part could be about all of the "pieces" fallin from the box!and the two people could be fighting over which piece goes where and such... and if they don't have better communication, they are doomed to never solve the puzzle. :D
well thats my 2 cents.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe he was playing with a rubiks cube?

"i know the pieces fit"

Heh, this is hilarious!

Oh and.....Dream Theatre could probably beat Tools Undertow album, maybe even AEnima, But nothing beats Lateralus, nothing!

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
11-25-2007, 11:37 PM
me thinks Schism is about some moldy puzzle somewhere. idk , maybe 2 really pissed people are trying to figure it out? the "fall away" part could be about all of the "pieces" fallin from the box!and the two people could be fighting over which piece goes where and such... and if they don't have better communication, they are doomed to never solve the puzzle. :D
well thats my 2 cents.

haha... you are correct

orangeisgoood
11-26-2007, 04:33 PM
haha... you are correct

yessss.... I WIN!!! lol. but seriously, that would be just fucking hilarious if the song was really about a puzzle or tetris, or anything else of that sort. anyone with enough balls to make a song about tetris or puzzles, would get people to listen to it just for that fact. they should just starting making random songs that could possibly have a deeper meaning, but don't. just to fuck with people. :D
FUN

miketh74
11-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Puscifer is better than Tool.

Tool would never have the guts to call their album "V is for Vagina"

btw, V is for Vagina...

Can't argue that.....perhaps Tool will top that album name?

DON IOTAE
11-27-2007, 07:50 AM
"10000 dAYS" was surprise enough... specially since everyone was expecting "lateralus 2" or sumpin like that.

Any crazy idea that MJK puts on the table will be vetoed by the rest of the band.

:'(

then again, schism is about tetris...

orangeisgoood
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
It "can" be about Tetris. It doesn't mean that it "has" to be. I'm sure Maynard just wants to give people generic answers so he doesn't have to bullshit with them. I'm sure the last thing he wants to talk about are songs he's been singing for years and years when he first meets someone.

but if he is telling them its about tetris he is bullshitting them....isnt he? or...fuck im confused.

miketh74
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
"10000 dAYS" was surprise enough... specially since everyone was expecting "lateralus 2" or sumpin like that.

Any crazy idea that MJK puts on the table will be vetoed by the rest of the band.

:'(

then again, schism is about tetris...

I'm not sure I buy into that idea of Schism being about Tetris......

or were you saying that facetiously???

miketh74
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah like they've never made reference to current mainstream culture in their music before *ahem* x-files, the movie 23, coca cola, sudafed *cough*

Open your eyes people. Make no mistake, this song is no doubt, at least in part, about tetris simply by virtue of the fact that somebody would have surely thought of it while they were recording.

I thought it was a joke started by MJK himself.

;l

Master_Of_Nothing
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I can't believe this is making sense.
you guys turned a nice song about human relationships into a song about tetris for fucks sake! next thing we know, we'll have a song related to chess or something!

tetris....can't believe it......

Master_Of_Nothing
12-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I've already stated that this song is about human relationships.

This song shows us how humans used to be perfectly functioning animals, we ate what we needed to, we reproduced to keep our numbers up, and we killed those who committed crimes. Now we have 'evolved' and become more 'advanced'. We now kill for fun, overeat to the point of obesity, reproduce for fun/entertainment, and commit crimes and get away with it.

Maynard believes that we need to take a look at ourselves and see how we have overreached ourselves. (this links to Right in 2) We need to get back to our own non destructive ways that we had years ago. he knows that 'the pieces fit' and we can get back, but he thinks that communication and/or the lack of it is blocking the way

It ties in with stinkfist, with how humans are becoming 'desensitized to everything'.
We don't even function properly in our society anymore because we're too busy talking to people from the other side of the world. We should be more focused in helping with our local community instead.

I'm likely to get napalmed for my opinion, so i'm gonna stock up on water balloons

Rolo
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
yessss.... I WIN!!! lol. but seriously, that would be just fucking hilarious if the song was really about a puzzle or tetris, or anything else of that sort. anyone with enough balls to make a song about tetris or puzzles, would get people to listen to it just for that fact. they should just starting making random songs that could possibly have a deeper meaning, but don't. just to fuck with people. :D
FUN

Like a recipe for cookies, spoken in german

DON IOTAE
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah like they've never made reference to current mainstream culture in their music before *ahem* x-files, the movie 23, coca cola, sudafed *cough*

Open your eyes people. Make no mistake, this song is no doubt, at least in part, about tetris simply by virtue of the fact that somebody would have surely thought of it while they were recording.

couldn't have said it better me-self.

orangeisgoood
12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Like a recipe for cookies, spoken in german

that also sounds like something out of one of Hitlers speeches.

Rolo
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
that also sounds like something out of one of Hitlers speeches.

lol

orangeisgoood
12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
what!?! it does.

Rolo
12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
what!?! it does.

Still lol.

orangeisgoood
12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
thats what i think of when i hear this song. Hitler giving a speech to a bunch of pissed off Germans holding torches and the like.

Rolo
12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
You know better.

You've shown the translation to Styx, remember?

miketh74
12-04-2007, 08:50 PM

This song shows us how humans used to be perfectly functioning animals, we ate what we needed to, we reproduced to keep our numbers up, and we killed those who committed crimes. Now we have 'evolved' and become more 'advanced'. We now kill for fun, overeat to the point of obesity, reproduce for fun/entertainment, and commit crimes and get away with it.

Maynard believes that we need to take a look at ourselves and see how we have overreached ourselves. (this links to Right in 2) We need to get back to our own non destructive ways that we had years ago. he knows that 'the pieces fit' and we can get back, but he thinks that communication and/or the lack of it is blocking the way

It ties in with stinkfist, with how humans are becoming 'desensitized to everything'.
We don't even function properly in our society anymore because we're too busy talking to people from the other side of the world. We should be more focused in helping with our local community instead.

I'm likely to get napalmed for my opinion, so i'm gonna stock up on water balloons

I think it refers to Vicarious also.

Pretty good summary though. The whole idea Tetris came from was from a different thread which was stated that MJK started it as a joke.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-05-2007, 12:34 PM
thanks, a lot of songs into that kind of thinking.

Haven't seen the other thread, is it still up?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
thats Dier Von Satan dude, this is the Tetris...I mean, the Schism forum.

Rolo
12-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Good point. But should we even go one step further. Is it not that we're blocking the abbillity to communicate in a way that goes beyond what you're reffering to. If you look at a school of fish and see how they alter there course at almost the excact same time, could it be they communicate as one single lifeform just by the power of their mind?

I don't know if there is any proof of what i'm saying. I'm only guessing.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I've always wondered about that kind of sychronization, seems the only explanation would be a 'hive mind' like that of a Queen Bee's or something. I wonder if humans used to have that kind of unity?

Incidentally, if you stare at the back of someones head when you want to talk to them, they turn around... spooky..

Rolo
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
It's the same with ants and large groups of birds. So it is not a "trick" that is owned by a certain group of animals. It's fish, birds and insects so why not human?

Jambi_the_Genie
12-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, im pretty sure you mean Die Eir Von Satan

Even if you DID mean that song, its still wrong as hell...

Lord Worm
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Good point. But should we even go one step further. Is it not that we're blocking the abbillity to communicate in a way that goes beyond what you're reffering to. If you look at a school of fish and see how they alter there course at almost the excact same time, could it be they communicate as one single lifeform just by the power of their mind?

I don't know if there is any proof of what i'm saying. I'm only guessing.

actually fish move so perfectly in a school because they have pressure sensitive nerves on there scales, allowing them to feel very very small differences in pressure (change in pressure means movement). since they all have the same nerves, they can move perfectly and fluidly like one

Rolo
12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
actually fish move so perfectly in a school because they have pressure sensitive nerves on there scales, allowing them to feel very very small differences in pressure (change in pressure means movement). since they all have the same nerves, they can move perfectly and fluidly like one

Didn't know that....thanx

But what do you think explains similar behaviour of the other species?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Its just that they're more aware of other thing, whereas us humans think about ourselves to much, and imagine

miketh74
12-06-2007, 08:24 PM
thanks, a lot of songs into that kind of thinking.

Haven't seen the other thread, is it still up?

I think so. It's under "obvious meaning of this song" started by Buddie. Hilarious.

orangeisgoood
12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah, im pretty sure you mean Die Eir Von Satan

Even if you DID mean that song, its still wrong as hell...

dumbass. you obviously didnt read the second page, so shut the hell up. that was taken out of context. and i didn't say it WAS a hitler speech, it just SOUNDED like one. jeeze.

guitarguru85
12-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I think that Maynard has to have a lot of fun imagining the lyrics that he writes and how people will react to them. There seems to be a common them of juxtaposition (?) running through a lot of Tool's lyrics (i.e prison sex and child abuse, tetris and failed communication/relationships, a genie and chaning one's life). It is as though Maynard prides himself in taking two seemlingly unrelated ideas and demonsrating their hidden similarities. It also comes down to pure shock value at times. I wonder if he chuckled to himself when he wrote stinkfist and thought,
"I am going to write a song about shoving my fist up someone's ass and they are going take it seriously as art."

I love Tool's music. They push boundries in nearly every sense of the word.
However, I do also think that Maynard gets a sick sort of sense of pleasure by scewing with the people who take Tool's music a little too seriously, and I love him for it.

Rolo
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
However, I do also think that Maynard gets a sick sort of sense of pleasure by scewing with the people who take Tool's music a little too seriously, and I love him for it.

When i look at your posting history, i see you're mainly posting at the lyrics threads. So you see yourself as one of the people that take Tool's music a little too seriously? lol

Inner_Eulogy
12-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I think that Maynard has to have a lot of fun imagining the lyrics that he writes and how people will react to them. There seems to be a common them of juxtaposition (?) running through a lot of Tool's lyrics (i.e prison sex and child abuse, tetris and failed communication/relationships, a genie and chaning one's life). It is as though Maynard prides himself in taking two seemlingly unrelated ideas and demonsrating their hidden similarities. It also comes down to pure shock value at times. I wonder if he chuckled to himself when he wrote stinkfist and thought,
"I am going to write a song about shoving my fist up someone's ass and they are going take it seriously as art."

I think you've got that backwords. It was probably more like he chuckled to himself thinking I'm gonna write a song about the brainwashing and desensitizing of the masses by the media but make every dumb fuck out there that can't read between the lines think it's about sticking a fist up the ass.

guitarguru85
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I think you've got that backwords. It was probably more like he chuckled to himself thinking I'm gonna write a song about the brainwashing and desensitizing of the masses by the media but make every dumb fuck out there that can't read between the lines think it's about sticking a fist up the ass.

That's a good point, the interesting thing is that people here still post about the song thinking that it is about homosexual sex.

guitarguru85
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
When i look at your posting history, i see you're mainly posting at the lyrics threads. So you see yourself as one of the people that take Tool's music a little too seriously? lol

Actually, I just found this page about a week ago and haven't explored the rest of the site yet. This section has provided plenty of amusement for me thus far too. Also, a lot of these posts are things that I have been carrying around in my head for a long time with no forum to discuss them in. I don't have many friends who appreciate Tool. I promise, I am pretty much done unloading the backed up interpretations of Maynard's lyrics that have been haunting the back of my mind for a while now.

No, I don't take myself too seriously or Tool's music either. At the end of the day it's just music and fun to talk about. I don't have a shrine to them in my closet or anything. Haven't even ever gone to a concert. Want to.

Rolo
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Haven't even ever gone to a concert. Want to.

There's no wanting, you must!
Your appreciation will grow.

parabola66
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
The meaning of the song Schism is: Maynard sucks at Tetris and he has trouble tying his shoes, and of course the desensitizing of the masses, etc. You just don't get it do you? Any real T(0)(0)L fan knows that they leave the interpretation of their music open to the one listening. They have said this repeatedly when asked in the few interviews given...

miketh74
01-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Actually, I just found this page about a week ago and haven't explored the rest of the site yet. This section has provided plenty of amusement for me thus far too. Also, a lot of these posts are things that I have been carrying around in my head for a long time with no forum to discuss them in. I don't have many friends who appreciate Tool. I promise, I am pretty much done unloading the backed up interpretations of Maynard's lyrics that have been haunting the back of my mind for a while now.

No, I don't take myself too seriously or Tool's music either. At the end of the day it's just music and fun to talk about. I don't have a shrine to them in my closet or anything. Haven't even ever gone to a concert. Want to.

And go you should. 'Tis truly awesome.

1350 Days
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Damn there goes my idea for a thread.

I swear, all the pieces fit. I've watched them fall away. AND THEY WON'T LINE UP CORRECTLY. DAMN >>
->->->->->->->->->->->->-->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->>->->->->->>> PIECES!

Master_Of_Nothing
01-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Ooooh Tool Live, one of my life dreams, wish they would head to my shithole of a town and play. But they wouldn't, not when the town has a population of 10,000 and declining

Tool_Is_Sick
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Get some money, get a female...and take a road trip...well you cant now. hahaha

Master_Of_Nothing
01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Never fear, we arrive on our waka, we shall leave on our waka. We shall land on Americas shores on our waka's and we shall carry our waka to the concert. Then we shall dismantle our waka and beat the shit out of the moshers lol

(for the uneducated, a waka is a Maori canoe)

miketh74
01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Never fear, we arrive on our waka, we shall leave on our waka. We shall land on Americas shores on our waka's and we shall carry our waka to the concert. Then we shall dismantle our waka and beat the shit out of the moshers lol

(for the uneducated, a waka is a Maori canoe)

Where the hell are you from M_O_N?

Rolo
01-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Where the hell are you from M_O_N?

He's a Kiwi.

Rolo
01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
The meaning of the song Schism is: Maynard sucks at Tetris and he has trouble tying his shoes, and of course the desensitizing of the masses, etc. You just don't get it do you? Any real T(0)(0)L fan knows that they leave the interpretation of their music open to the one listening. They have said this repeatedly when asked in the few interviews given...

You can post this statement in every thread that's on the Album section.
When i read your post correctly, you're telling us to stop posting here?

miketh74
01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
He's a Kiwi.

Makes sense now.
Thanks.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Kiwi's can't fly :(

lol Yeah i'm a Kiwi

miketh74
01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Kiwi's can't fly :(

lol Yeah i'm a Kiwi

Waka laka hiki....LOL

Which island are you on?

Master_Of_Nothing
01-18-2008, 03:49 PM
North Island, just about the centre of it. Why, do you know someone in NZ? Bar our incredibly mannish Prime minister lol

Dez 46&2
01-21-2008, 06:45 AM
I do believe that this song may in fact be about tetris, but, to me, it has more of a supposed lovers theme.

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:24 AM
I doubt Tool to have written a lovesong. Communication is the main concept on this one.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey, did you just say Tool doesn't do love songs?

What the hell was Stinkfist first meaning= fistfucking
What the hell was Jambi/Wings 1 & 2 about= Loving his mother and missing here
What was Parablo/a about= uhhh Sex?

Sure it might just be sexually done, but sex usually implies love?

Rolo
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Two different things, imo. But they go quite well together.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Man, just how often do you get laid? lol
yeah they're connected, but Schism is multi layered and open to interpretation so i say its a love song

Rolo
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Man, just how often do you get laid? lol
yeah they're connected, but Schism is multi layered and open to interpretation so i say its a love song

I just said that they get well together, so go figure.... :))))

miketh74
01-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Communication with others can cover a vast amount of life's relationships with the people who are close to you. IMO

Nikeda-Taylor
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Um..wtf? I think you missed the point... >.<

Nikeda-Taylor
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM

Ok, it deals with communication...

Inner_Eulogy
01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, it deals with communication...

Uriah has returned

Rolo
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
lol

Dez 46&2
01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Idk, i say schism and lateralus might have something to do w/ each other.

Rolo
01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Idk, i say schism and lateralus might have something to do w/ each other.

You''ll have to explain the "something" part of your opinion, imo

Inner_Eulogy
01-31-2008, 02:45 PM
lol

Seriously, go check out the posts by this Nikeda character....goes almost everywhere and posts these completely idiot one liners everywhere. It's either the return of Uriah or somebody that snuck out of their padded room...or possibly a combination of the two.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I quote Rivek here
"I pwned him time and time again, but he kept coming back, like a fucking zombie"

lol, do we believe in reincarnation here?

Rolo
01-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Seriously, go check out the posts by this Nikeda character....goes almost everywhere and posts these completely idiot one liners everywhere. It's either the return of Uriah or somebody that snuck out of their padded room...or possibly a combination of the two.

It's his baby brother, imo. :)

Inner_Eulogy
02-01-2008, 07:20 AM
It's his baby brother, imo. :)

Now there's a thought.

miketh74
02-01-2008, 08:42 AM

I think you missed your brain.

Check your signature for clues.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-02-2008, 02:15 PM
lol, baby brother... i hope not. What say you Nikeda? Are you related in any way to a character named Uriah Jones/Mr Acherontia Styx?

You know, i almost understand the acherontia Syx thing, but i keep thinkin asparagus sticks lol, what is Acherontia?

Rolo
02-02-2008, 02:55 PM
lol, baby brother... i hope not. What say you Nikeda? Are you related in any way to a character named Uriah Jones/Mr Acherontia Styx?

You know, i almost understand the acherontia Syx thing, but i keep thinkin asparagus sticks lol, what is Acherontia?

From what i get of this "Acherontia Styx" is the moth species used in the "Silence of the Lambs" movie; the moth with the skull image on it's back.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh right, was it like a moth species version of godzilla then, or was it just there for kicks

Rolo
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Not really, you'd better watch that movie. Good one!

Master_Of_Nothing
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Right i'll watch it one day.

Rolo
02-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Uriah Jones/Mr Acherontia Styx

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=2371435#post2371435

miketh74
02-10-2008, 06:00 PM
From what i get of this "Acherontia Styx" is the moth species used in the "Silence of the Lambs" movie; the moth with the skull image on it's back.

Good movie.

Rolo
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
It is.

Better than Hannibal or Red Dragon, imo.
Let's not even discuss Manhunter :(

miketh74
02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
It is.

Better than Hannibal or Red Dragon, imo.
Let's not even discuss Manhunter :(

I totally agree they should've never made a sequel to Silence of the Lambs.

Rolo
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, about Hannibal; i've also read the book but the altered the ending in the moviescript. That was the real disappointment, the book's ending is far better.

miketh74
02-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, about Hannibal; i've also read the book but the altered the ending in the moviescript. That was the real disappointment, the book's ending is far better.

I've heard that as well. If movie producers would just follow the books, I think there would be more to say about sequels in general.

Rolo
02-11-2008, 04:42 AM
^
They always want happy endings, so the crowd leaves with a "feel good" mentality.

Rolo
02-11-2008, 07:11 AM
That's creative, Ludvico.

It even could suit the videoclip. But i'm not quite convinced yet.

Rolo
02-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I was just trying to see it in your perspective, no offence.

Rolo
02-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Good to see Tool's music can be seen in many different ways. ;)

Rolo
02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Yup, but i'm also openminded enough to read and interpretate the opinion of others. Just to get inspired or educated.

That's exactly why i like this forum.

miketh74
02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Yup, but i'm also openminded enough to read and interpretate the opinion of others. Just to get inspired or educated.

^ SO TRUE ^

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
^AMEN^

miketh74
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
^AMEN^

Sup MON?

Come to Jamaica MON (HA HA HA)

Master_Of_Nothing
02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
hey mon, come join me for a bit o baccy and some weed? lol
We are not amused (lmao) I love my shortened name

Rolo
03-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Any progression on a new signature?

Tool_Is_Sick
03-22-2008, 11:16 PM
lol. Yeah its pretty gay...

Tool_Is_Sick
03-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Aww...We love you too sweetheart.

Chicken is your choice of prey huh? Good job mate.

Rolo
03-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Aww...We love you too sweetheart.

lol

Now, T_I_S. Let's discuss your avatar, then.

๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
SCHISM is about the SEPARATION of the FUNDAMENTAL FORCES OF NATURE as the UNIVERSE COOLS, you fucking DUMBASS!!!!

Rolo
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Next time add a quote to your post so one can read who you're replying to and are calling "fucking DUMBASS", dumbass.

Tool_Is_Sick
03-24-2008, 05:06 PM
LoL Yeah seriously...what a fuckin dumbass..

lol

Now, T_I_S. Let's discuss your avatar, then.

Off topic...well see I did add a quote "Pay attention, Stove"...I dont have a avatar Rolo so How can we discuss this? Im totally clueless...I guess im a dumbass as well... haha

Rolo
03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
I dont have a avatar Rolo so How can we discuss this?

The simple fact that there is no avatar is enough fact to discuss about. So tell me; why no avatar?

Rolo
03-24-2008, 05:58 PM

I'm having the awkward feeling i'm on top of your hitlist lately, T_I_S.
Am i your next target now that Styx and GinazJuice have been blown away?

Rolo
03-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Next time keep your ass out of trouble so you can take care of business yourself and we don't end up cleaning up this mess ;)

Rolo
03-24-2008, 09:25 PM
I was talking about staying unprobed primarily.
I was not discussing having a normal life now and then, bro.

BTW, better update your sig, i beLIEve it's no longer necesary.

Inner_Eulogy
03-25-2008, 09:38 AM
you guys blew away styx without me?

Fuckers. That was my mark.

You took too long to come back, not to mention you totally missed out on Ginazjuice..haha

Inner_Eulogy
03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
yeh normal life was fun... then it sucked... then it got fun again... and now I done fucked up and got another girlfriend.

Another girlfriend? You're fucking doomed my man.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Learn about one night stands imo

Master_Of_Nothing
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Better 90% than 1%

You'll find some bitch suitable for long term relationship eventually

Tool_Is_Sick
03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm having the awkward feeling i'm on top of your hitlist lately, T_I_S.
Am i your next target now that Styx and GinazJuice have been blown away?

Well how about you destroy these awkward feelings you are having because your talking like a little bitch right now. hahaha

We are the hunters remember? Let me know when you see something..i'll have my pistol pointing in that direction.

Tool_Is_Sick
03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Rivek, Honestly bro...I wouldnt even know where to fuckin begin when talking about Ginazjuice. Just know it was something or someone extremely similar to Stynx and Uriah jones.

BTW, Good luck with having another girlfriend. Like I_E said...Your fuckin doomed hahaha.

Rolo
03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
*puts on nightvision goggles* (it's 00:30 around here)

I'm gonna do a little scoutin' around, then...

Tool_Is_Sick
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
lol Let me know Rolo..Im patiently waiting...

Rolo
03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
lol Let me know Rolo..Im patiently waiting...

I see you're already aiming at Put_Away_The_Dagger.

Tool_Is_Sick
03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
You search this threads rather well my friend. If you ask me, he starts immature nonsense throughout...its annoying.

Rolo
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I've seen him replying to I_E and Rivek. Mostly just flames. Later i discovered that he CAN be a decent poster so i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now when Rivek returned just a short while ago, he instantly attacked again. It's starting to get irritating.

Rolo
03-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't remember seeing Dagger saying anything recently, but I remember him being an easy target due to his easily irascible nature and low coefficient of logic and/or sense.

It's @ New Album (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2426779&postcount=127)

Rolo
03-25-2008, 05:57 PM
You search this threads rather well my friend. If you ask me, he starts immature nonsense throughout...its annoying.

Lock & load, Rivek is already on a rampage.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
It won't be that contagious, its not like the T virus of Resident Evil lol

Rolo
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
or a severe beat down, which is exactly what you would catch

*sigh*

What exactly IS the reason you ever wanted to be a member of this forum in the first place?

Tool_Is_Sick
03-26-2008, 04:16 PM
To act hard over the internet because he is lonely and depressed and has nothing else better to do with his pitful hopeless life.

Put_Away_The_Dagger, Your a fuckin dumbass dude. Just admit it. So please...Stop starting immautre arguements your not gonna win. Do your a favor and just off a cliff.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2008, 10:19 AM
or a severe beat down, which is exactly what you would catch

This would be right after you catching herpes from all the dick swallowing you've been doing...

djibouti
03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
This song, to me, represents the great civil war in my lands. Oh misery.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
The lack of communication between two parties causing a civil war?
I'm afraid i don't know much about Djibouti, aside from the fact that it really small.
Care to fill me in on some info?

djibouti
03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
The lack of communication between two parties causing a civil war?
I'm afraid i don't know much about Djibouti, aside from the fact that it really small.
Care to fill me in on some info?

Extremists have caused a great clash of religions. It is why I can not be in my home at this time. Hopefully, one day, man will find that violence is for sinners.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Ah extremism, a dangerous weapon. Many ignorant people say all muslim are terrorists, but it is only the extremists. Jean of Arc was probably extremist too. But because her side one, she was a saviour, not an extremist.

There's nothing worse that an environmental extremist imo lol

djibouti
03-29-2008, 06:37 AM
There's nothing worse that an environmental extremist imo lol

Yea...

Civil war extremists/enviromental extremists.

Same thing. Sure.

Definitely.

Rolo
03-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Errrrr... Silence of the Lambs didn't have a happy ending, nor did Hannibal Rising. Those particular producers were just jackholes.

I wasn't talking about "Silence of the Lambs" or "Hannibal Rising". I meant the novel "Hannibal".

In the book Clarice Starling joins Hannibal and they become a couple where in the movie she stays on the "good" side and tries to arrest Lecter before he manages to escape.

Read the plots here:
Book (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_%28novel%29)
Film (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_%28film%29)

Master_Of_Nothing
03-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Yea...

Civil war extremists/enviromental extremists.

Same thing. Sure.

Definitely.

Oh i didn't mean that
I just added the environmental thing as a seperate subject.

Civil war extremists are worse, but NZ hasn't had a civil war so i can't judge.

djibouti
03-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh i didn't mean that
I just added the environmental thing as a seperate subject.

Civil war extremists are worse, but NZ hasn't had a civil war so i can't judge.

Was this not the lands where middle earth fought their mordor counterparts?

Master_Of_Nothing
03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
It's also the land where about 100 other movies needing "natural" scenery were shot as well.

Tell me about it
King Kong, The Last Samurai, LOTR, the River Queen,The Whale Rider.
All those movies and a shitload more have been filmed in NZ. I suppose its nice to watch a movie knowing that your country stars in it lol.

But they're just movies. the closest we've had to a civil war was probably the Land Wars, which i suppose almost counts. But that was ages ago. And i'm not even sure it was a 'civil' war because the whites did not rule over the Maoris land ( not counting what they had previously taken over )

Master_Of_Nothing
04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
True. A civil war will probably happen eventually as more and more foreign people immigrate and don't integrate

Master_Of_Nothing
04-03-2008, 01:28 PM
You'll be surprised at how tense things can be in NZ.
especially when related to rugby world cup lol
I think we almost considered killing the all blacks

Master_Of_Nothing
04-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Thats Why Doug Howlett smashed up the cars lol, cus the NZSAS was after him lol

djibouti
04-09-2008, 07:49 AM
You'll be surprised at how tense things can be in NZ.
especially when related to rugby world cup lol
I think we almost considered killing the all blacks

you're trying to trick someone into calling you racist

Inner_Eulogy
04-09-2008, 09:36 AM
you're trying to trick someone into calling you racist

...or maybe he is racist and getting ready to go Djibouti lynchin'

mrs k
04-10-2008, 11:11 PM
True. A civil war will probably happen eventually as more and more foreign people immigrate and don't integrate

You know, even if immigrants wanted to integrate fully into NZ society they couldn't. Integration in its most optimistic sense implies that immigrants and any other non-European ethnic minority can gain equal membership of NZ society. And this is not gonna happen. Why? Because the self assigned pre-eminence of europeans as constituting the category nation has meant and still means that NZ society is and always has been the expression of the norms, standards and principles of Europeans. European is the standard by which all other ethnic groups are to conform and assimilate. In this context, inherent in the meaning of the word integration is the idea of the assimilation, submission and subjugation of anyone who lives in NZ and is not european. Diversity in customs, culture, religion, language, lifestyles and ideas about common descent and territory are rendered invisible. Cries of "they need to integrate" are often heard with the slogans " we're all New Zealanders," and "we're all one people" which only serve to alter and disguise intolerance and racism in New Zealand, by seeking to deny racial difference by which social ordering is constructed and european privilege is maintained. This denial masks european privilege so that it can no longer be said that european privilege exists, if european is no longer a racial category but that which constitutes the category nation. When contextualized within the ideologies that colonial NZ has been built on, integration only serves to further legitimize and reinforce an already eurocentric society, where unjustifiable european privilege always has, and continues to pervade the social, economic and political structures of NZ.

Inner_Eulogy
04-11-2008, 08:17 PM
You know, even if immigrants wanted to integrate fully into NZ society they couldn't. Integration in its most optimistic sense implies that immigrants and any other non-European ethnic minority can gain equal membership of NZ society. And this is not gonna happen. Why? Because the self assigned pre-eminence of europeans as constituting the category nation has meant and still means that NZ society is and always has been the expression of the norms, standards and principles of Europeans. European is the standard by which all other ethnic groups are to conform and assimilate. In this context, inherent in the meaning of the word integration is the idea of the assimilation, submission and subjugation of anyone who lives in NZ and is not european. Diversity in customs, culture, religion, language, lifestyles and ideas about common descent and territory are rendered invisible. Cries of "they need to integrate" are often heard with the slogans " we're all New Zealanders," and "we're all one people" which only serve to alter and disguise intolerance and racism in New Zealand, by seeking to deny racial difference by which social ordering is constructed and european privilege is maintained. This denial masks european privilege so that it can no longer be said that european privilege exists, if european is no longer a racial category but that which constitutes the category nation. When contextualized within the ideologies that colonial NZ has been built on, integration only serves to further legitimize and reinforce an already eurocentric society, where unjustifiable european privilege always has, and continues to pervade the social, economic and political structures of NZ.

Yeah, well there's a party in mah' pants...

Master_Of_Nothing
04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
You know, even if immigrants wanted to integrate fully into NZ society they couldn't. Integration in its most optimistic sense implies that immigrants and any other non-European ethnic minority can gain equal membership of NZ society. And this is not gonna happen. Why? Because the self assigned pre-eminence of europeans as constituting the category nation has meant and still means that NZ society is and always has been the expression of the norms, standards and principles of Europeans. European is the standard by which all other ethnic groups are to conform and assimilate. In this context, inherent in the meaning of the word integration is the idea of the assimilation, submission and subjugation of anyone who lives in NZ and is not european. Diversity in customs, culture, religion, language, lifestyles and ideas about common descent and territory are rendered invisible. Cries of "they need to integrate" are often heard with the slogans " we're all New Zealanders," and "we're all one people" which only serve to alter and disguise intolerance and racism in New Zealand, by seeking to deny racial difference by which social ordering is constructed and european privilege is maintained. This denial masks european privilege so that it can no longer be said that european privilege exists, if european is no longer a racial category but that which constitutes the category nation. When contextualized within the ideologies that colonial NZ has been built
on, integration only serves to further legitimize and reinforce an already eurocentric society,
where unjustifiable european privilege always has, and continues to pervade the social,
economic and political structures of NZ.

An Interesting read. However, i see international students at my local school who integrate into the community easily and are respected equally by both 'pakeha' and maori. However, in larger cities such as Auckland, where the immigrant asians ( notably older than the students ) set up their home in the same areas, creating a well known phenomenon called Chinatown. This staright away implies non integration. They're not attempting to integrate into society at all. In the most extreme cases, they still adhere to their home country laws, not the New Zealand ones, and hence the crime rates rise. But i don't blame them for wanting to live by members of their own culture, for the familiarity. But if that is the long term position, then they should be returning to their own country where they can do that.

And No i'm not rascist. I date a Maori girl and am close mates with some of the local asians. Don't bother insulting me.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
well it is if the culture is a violent one. violent cultures need to be wiped out or integrated, like the aztecs

Master_Of_Nothing
04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Well if i named one i'd be called rascist. We need a referendum

mrs k
04-16-2008, 05:24 AM
An Interesting read. However, i see international students at my local school who integrate into the community easily and are respected equally by both 'pakeha' and maori. However, in larger cities such as Auckland, where the immigrant asians ( notably older than the students ) set up their home in the same areas, creating a well known phenomenon called Chinatown. This staright away implies non integration. They're not attempting to integrate into society at all. In the most extreme cases, they still adhere to their home country laws, not the New Zealand ones, and hence the crime rates rise. But i don't blame them for wanting to live by members of their own culture, for the familiarity. But if that is the long term position, then they should be returning to their own country where they can do that.

And No i'm not rascist. I date a Maori girl and am close mates with some of the local asians. Don't bother insulting me.

Its clear you weren't able to digest any of the ideas I put forward in my post. So I'll make this simple. For you. What do you mean when you say integrate?
and integrate into what?

mrs k
04-16-2008, 05:34 AM
well it is if the culture is a violent one. violent cultures need to be wiped out or integrated, like the aztecs

WTF? Who the fuck are you even talking about? Not white people right?

mrs k
04-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Well if i named one i'd be called rascist. We need a referendum

you are a RACIST. Oh, and being "close mates" with the 3 "local asians" that live in your white supremacist shithole of a town, and dating that 1 maori girl there, is not your clearance card for spewing a whole lot of racist puke around these parts. ya hear??

gjamison27
04-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Who named it Chinatown? The Asians? Or the community in which they integrated in to? Are they truly not integrating? Or are they not integrating in the way that the given society would prefer them to?

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 09:08 AM
you are a RACIST. Oh, and being "close mates" with the 3 "local asians" that live in your white supremacist shithole of a town, and dating that 1 maori girl there, is not your clearance card for spewing a whole lot of racist puke around these parts. ya hear??

Me thinks Mrs K jumping the gun way too much

gjamison27
04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, she started with an intellectual and informative, thought provoking post and immediately went to posting on MONs level...poor thing...

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah, she started with an intellectual and informative, thought provoking post and immediately went to posting on MONs level...poor thing...

MON has actually kind of chilled out a bit and hasn't been as bad as at first

gjamison27
04-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Which has what to do with the "level" of his posting?

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Which has what to do with the "level" of his posting?

Well I thought you were referring to his previous quality and I said he hasn't been as bad lately. So what I'm not grasping is how that doesn't make perfect sense to you what I was saying.

gjamison27
04-16-2008, 12:06 PM
It does make perfect sense. I was just pointing out that it hasn't changed his level...by any means...

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 12:54 PM
It does make perfect sense. I was just pointing out that it hasn't changed his level...by any means...

*sigh*

mrs k
04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Me thinks Mrs K jumping the gun way too much

Why?

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Why?

That was a pretty assuming super-bitchy response you made when it was obviously not even clear what he was referring to in his comment.

mrs k
04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
That was a pretty assuming super-bitchy response you made when it was obviously not even clear what he was referring to in his comment.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait to see if he lets us know WHO he was talking about. remember, we're talking about human beings here.

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait to see if he lets us know WHO he was talking about. remember, we're talking about human beings here.

You should remind yourself of the same

mrs k
04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
You should remind yourself of the same

What do you mean?

Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
What do you mean?

We're only human as are you.

AcidRain
04-16-2008, 02:58 PM
I think a good culture to wipe out would be the American culture. Oh wait a minute then I’d be dead I retract my last statement.

Rolo
04-19-2008, 07:20 PM
violent cultures need to be wiped out or integrated

That's one violent solution, imo

Master_Of_Nothing
04-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Aye it is. Survival of the cultured?

mrs k
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
We're only human as are you.

dude, I didn't forget that.

oh, and thanks Rivek :-)

Inner_Eulogy
04-28-2008, 11:35 AM
...inner that makes no sense.

You're comparing someone trying to chastise racism with... TDN forum posters?

...that makes no sense at all.

Originally Posted by mrs k

"How does my comment not make sense in response to her comment here. She said "we're talking about human beings here", I said "You should remind yourself of the same" as in we're only human and so are you.

And the point was that it wasn't even clear if his statement was even racist at all, Mrs K just jumped to the immediate conclusion that that's exactly what it was.

>>>therefore YOU make no sense

Inner_Eulogy
04-28-2008, 11:37 AM
more like serious implications of being racist / intolerant...

Dude, how is it racist to say violent cultures should be wiped away? Nobody said anything about genocide on an entire race or any race for that matter. The way I see it was a simple remark about getting rid of violent people period....and if that's racist well then fuck you buddy (sarcasm inserted here)

gjamison27
04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
America is a violent culture...

Inner_Eulogy
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
America is a violent culture...

Now isn't that stereotypical? That would be just like me saying all muslims are violent and want to kill Americans. Certain people of any culture or country are violent.

gjamison27
04-28-2008, 12:41 PM
That's kind of my point. You said cultures, a generalized statement. What you should have said, is violent people.

But then again, you'd have to define violent.

Generally, America is a violent culture. Not all individuals are violent within the culture.

Many of your posts are "violent" albeit, not nearly as much as an axe murderers actions.

That's the danger of generalized statements and unclear definitions...

mrs k
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by mrs k

"How does my comment not make sense in response to her comment here. She said "we're talking about human beings here", I said "You should remind yourself of the same" as in we're only human and so are you.

And the point was that it wasn't even clear if his statement was even racist at all, Mrs K just jumped to the immediate conclusion that that's exactly what it was.

>>>therefore YOU make no sense

Actually Rivek was right all along, you suggested that "I remind myself of the same" and like I already said, I never forgot that we're talking about human beings, in fact, it was me reminding you of that in the first place.

Oh and its very clear MON is racist. Read his posts again. And if when you're done you still cant understand that he is particularly intolerant of difference, or if you can, but you still see nothing wrong with it and even feel the need to defend these views, then I will suggest that you are racist as well.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
woah woah here, i'm not rascist. I'm against most forms of rascism, if not all.
gjamison27, has read my post correctly, much credit. So let me edit my statement

"Violent people should be eradicated"

Violence in this case being
1) Murder
2) Child Abuse
3) Sex Abuse

The excuse "I had a bad childhood" or "I'm not technically sane" is not enough nowadays imo. I mean, come on, here i am, victim of a frankly terrible childhood involving abuse, exclusion and loneliness from my peers and others. Yet do I run around raping little girls and shooting cops like some sort of gangsta? No. I've been discriminated against my whole life, yet do i cut myself, or try to commit suicide? No.

So what's so different between them and me?

Furthermore, why do you think people commit crime?
Post some answers lol, and we'll see how smart you guys really are.

gjamison27
04-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Crime is a result of poverty and exclusion.

The poor finally break and decide to take what they don't have and others won't help them get.

The excluded finally snap and walk in shooting everyone in sight.

"Take all that money we spend on weapons and bombs and use it to feed the homeless and less fortunate of the world. Everyone of them, not one person excluded and we can truly explore space, both inner and outer, together in peace." - Bill Hicks

Inner_Eulogy
04-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Actually Rivek was right all along, you suggested that "I remind myself of the same" and like I already said, I never forgot that we're talking about human beings, in fact, it was me reminding you of that in the first place.

Oh and its very clear MON is racist. Read his posts again. And if when you're done you still cant understand that he is particularly intolerant of difference, or if you can, but you still see nothing wrong with it and even feel the need to defend these views, then I will suggest that you are racist as well.

Then I suggest you slob on my racist knob.

Inner_Eulogy
04-29-2008, 08:28 AM
woah woah here, i'm not rascist. I'm against most forms of rascism, if not all.
gjamison27, has read my post correctly, much credit. So let me edit my statement

"Violent people should be eradicated"

Exactly, and this is what I was echoing but some dumb fucks here apparently just don't get it.

Inner_Eulogy
04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
"Take all that money we spend on weapons and bombs and use it to feed the homeless and less fortunate of the world. Everyone of them, not one person excluded and we can truly explore space, both inner and outer, together in peace." - Bill Hicks

...and I couldn't agree with this quote any more. With all the money we've spent already on this worthless war, we could have fed, schooled and sheltered millions of Americans. It disgusts me.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-29-2008, 01:18 PM
violence is a waste of time. period.

But why just americans? I thought Africa was priority?

mrs k
04-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Then I suggest you slob on my racist knob.

Oh dude, I just wouldn't feel right about being the first person to give you a blowjob.

Master_Of_Nothing
05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
um.... smoking sucks? Shit happens? Don't work in cafes?

Rascism was never my point. My point was violent people ahould be eradicated. Someone in the forum made the slightly rascist leap to categorise this as rascism. *wink to mrs k "Call Rivek, he knows whats up"*
Although my statement has its own paradoxes ( who wipes out the violent people? More violent people?) Its mainly a point of wishful thinking, hoping that crime and other nefarious deeds will be nonexistant when my kids grow up.

Now i will delve slightly into some more evil thoughts.
Should we kill disabled people, to purify the human race?
Should Africa be wiped clean of human life?

Some people don't want these things to happen, with A.H. too firmly planted in their minds. But the story of the human race is the survival of the fittest isn't it? So why are there still disabled people, the blind, the deaf, the paralyzed? Shouldn't we stopping them, rather than helping them to live, at the cost of some of our livelihood and expense?

Just a thought or two

(The above 'evil' statements are purely speculative. Don't call me a monster. PM me if you want me to prove why i wouldn't want this to happen)

Buddie
06-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Look what I started 11 months ago....

Now excuse me, as I go back to my tetris game....which i HAVE beaten the fifth level in. So bring it on Maynard.

Inner_Eulogy
06-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Look what I started 11 months ago....

Now excuse me, as I go back to my tetris game....which i HAVE beaten the fifth level in. So bring it on Maynard.

Yeah, definately a geek

Master_Of_Nothing
06-04-2008, 03:20 PM
i don't get it.........

is that off a anime or something?

Master_Of_Nothing
06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Sweet. I'll look it up on youtube. Who knows, maybe i have the starring role.
Then i'll know what i did last night............and the night before.
And the night before that too.
damn!!!!!