PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't this been played live?

dice5199
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I like the song and think it would be a nice addition to their live performance. As far as I know, they have only played the intro to this song as a lead in to Right in Two.

Why has it been omitted? Do they think it will not resonate in an arena setting? Is it difficult to play the electronic percussion parts?

toolwithapenis
05-20-2007, 04:26 PM
they play the first 30 seconds of it

Divine_left
05-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Because it's slow and the majority of Tool things want things to be fast.

FAST AND ROCKIN'

Really?

During the lateralus tour, the 2nd half was D/R/T and then Parabola to finish. It really mellowed out the crowd, and I think it was one of the greatest things they ever did live. Ever.

hobbitcore
05-23-2007, 09:07 AM
haven't they done the whole thing a couple times this tour?

dice5199
06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
haven't they done the whole thing a couple times this tour?

As far as I know, they have never played it in concert in its entirety. They have just played the intro.

In the concert review section, there have been reports that they have played the entire song during sound check before some of the recent concerts. Does this mean that they will play it live soon?

Emericana
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
there were also reports in 06 that they were playing Jimmy during the sound checks so no. it doesnt mean anything.

slamminsalmon
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
its kinda boring song

[blue]
06-09-2007, 08:29 AM
ive never been to a tool concert in my life :( *cough cough-DEPRIVED-cough*
but when i do, i really do hope they play intension. its brilliant. i just get completely lost in it. one of my favs.

morgoth's shadow
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM
it's my understanding that on this leg they've been playing a four minute instrumental version right before they play right in two (otherwise it's just flood or pushit). they'll most likely debut it during the european tour so americans will never hear it live because they're cool like that. i wonder how the vocals will sound.

Cheesegreater
06-30-2007, 02:40 PM
it's my understanding that on this leg they've been playing a four minute instrumental version right before they play right in two (otherwise it's just flood or pushit). they'll most likely debut it during the european tour so americans will never hear it live because they're cool like that. i wonder how the vocals will sound.

I have a feeling they'll break it out for the last leg. If not, oh well, just another pipe-dream to add to the stock-pile of other Tool pipe-dreams. I just don't know why they won't give this song a chance. I totally see Europe getting it first. They seem to like to experiment more over seas. They really should stop teasing us though. Also, I think we'll see a more evolved setlist the last time around. It just makes sense. Once you've been touring for nearly a year and a half, you're probably more willing to toss things up a little, and more prepared to handle tossing it up. As in, you're light crew will get more flexible and know what to do for more songs, and the overall show can evolve to new heights. You just gotta hope they keep a lot of their same crew because that makes all the difference. The longer you work with a tightly-knit crew, the more you can handle when it comes to putting on a show.

dice5199
06-30-2007, 08:05 PM
it's my understanding that on this leg they've been playing a four minute instrumental version right before they play right in two

I attended the AC show on 6/9/07 and Adam played only about 30 seconds of Intension before Right in Two. The part he plays is the beginning violin-sounding riff.

I have provided a link to a video of a show where he plays it...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvrxEuni50

hushypushy
06-30-2007, 08:47 PM

It's like 30 seconds. Four minutes would be nice.

parables in the world
07-01-2007, 12:00 PM
That song must be one of the hardest songs tool has written....listen to the bass and then the drums...especially the switch from tabla to an electronic kit.

Pharmaecopia_stinkfist
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM
its kinda boring song

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

are you joking? if not,

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
That song must be one of the hardest songs tool has written....listen to the bass and then the drums...especially the switch from tabla to an electronic kit.

yes definately. I also love the way adam sounds toward the end. its awesome. At first i hated this song but recently this song has grown on me and now i never skip it. its truely an experience if you just give it time and let the music take over. As for them not playing it live and just teasing us...well TOOL can do whatever they want and im sure they will pleasure our ears with it someday...hopefully. Peace.

Jambi_the_Genie
10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I believe that they don't play this song live because of the bassline,

theres 2 basslines in this song, one for the fretless bass, and one for the harmonics.

thats my opinion for it, it could be for time reasons...

insectpinsNR
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I believe that they don't play this song live because of the bassline,

theres 2 basslines in this song, one for the fretless bass, and one for the harmonics.

thats my opinion for it, it could be for time reasons...

HEY HEY heyyyy Well...

In some songs on long past tours Mr Maynard plays a guitar or maybe a Bass on songs so you might be wrong. you might be right also. He has gotten lazier in the past couple years.

J/K !!!!!!!!
Puscifer! the 30th my niggrahs!!

ONE

Jambi_the_Genie
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Haha youre right man,

Thats what i thought at first,

but the only reason he used the Steinberger is for a Synth

and the 2nd track on Triad,

but since they dont play Disp/Reflection/Triad anymore

I guess he just said "Screw It" basically

Hodge
10-24-2007, 06:26 PM
i would not want to haer this song live knowing they could have played a better song in its place (see: H., see: Jimmy, see: 4 degrees)

insaner
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
if not all of it, they played most of it at sound check in birmingham. i didnt hear any vocals though.

tomatoms
10-26-2007, 08:45 PM
this is my favorite song on the new album, its on another level. I'd love to hear it live. the right in two intro teased me each time i saw them this tour. i'd also love to provide backup vocals. MOVE BY WILL...!

parables in the world
10-27-2007, 12:28 PM
i would love to hear this song live though. Its just beautiful.

Jambi_the_Genie
10-27-2007, 02:24 PM
i would see why people would want to see this played live,

but there are SOOO many songs that could be played, that are 10 times better

eulogy508
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Because it's one of their most embarassing songs.

parables in the world
10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Yea but they're not new, and fresh. I's still like to see those songs played live. But what i wanna know is, why must you be so damn hardcore tool, that you don't appreciate this song. Sure their are better songs, i guess , but This one has the best Bass lines, Best guitar lines, and badass Transition from Tabla, and Electric drums. Oh well to each his own I guess. But its still a good song.

court jester
11-24-2007, 12:49 AM
GREAT Question actually as I love the song and I think it would be quality if they played Intension live fully and then moved into Right in Two. Not sure exactly why Intension gets no love. I think it is probably Tool's most underrated song.

Nikeda-Taylor
02-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't know. It's an awesome song that deserves to be played live!

Analord95
07-07-2010, 01:39 AM
They actually just played it live!

AlsoKnownAsGG
07-17-2010, 01:10 PM
This is one of the best songs on 10,000 Days and not boring at all. Chancellor is pure genius.
I'd do anything to see it live but don't think it will happen in its entirety.

forty-eight-and-two
07-26-2010, 08:51 PM
GUYS!! have you not been keeping up with the tour stops? I went to thier last stop of the tour (LA Live) and they played it all the way through... after it finished they played "The Pot". It was amazing live... and i agree with anyone that says its tools most underrated song. Its a great song and shouldnt be undermined as just another interlude

hushypushy
07-26-2010, 11:03 PM
GUYS!! have you not been keeping up with the tour stops?

this thread was made in 2007 man

forty-eight-and-two
07-27-2010, 05:32 PM
this thread was made in 2007 man

shit. sorry bout that. im new here and i keep forgetting to look at when the threads were made. sorry

PessimisticOptimist
07-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I like the song and think it would be a nice addition to their live performance. As far as I know, they have only played the intro to this song as a lead in to Right in Two.

Why has it been omitted? Do they think it will not resonate in an arena setting? Is it difficult to play the electronic percussion parts?

June 29th, 2010. Red Rocks Amphitheater, Colorado. (which I think correlates your guess that they may have saved this song for a venue with better acoustics than an arena setting)

First ever full version of this song (7:21) performed live, AND, it was followed by Right In Two. I was lucky enough to have been standing in Row 12. Directly in front of both Justin and Danny. This brought me to the verge of tears. I felt so lucky to have been privy to this event. I only hope that you were as well. Or maybe you made it to the show in L.A. where they played the full length version a second time.

As delusional as it sounds, and trust me I know how much it does, I felt almost as if they had saved this one just for me. Of course I'm sure that's how most of the other fans there felt who realized what had just happened. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that was their intention. (no pun intended... whoops, there I go again.) And yes I know its spelled differently and has a different meaning. Then again, does it really?

hushypushy
07-29-2010, 07:07 PM
shit. sorry bout that. im new here and i keep forgetting to look at when the threads were made. sorry

the most important thing in the Albums section is to check the date FIRST before you even read the thread. You can get a historical perspective on things. Go back to 2006 to see what we were all saying about 10,000 Days when it came out...just don't bump a four year old thread :o

Inner_Eulogy
07-30-2010, 10:13 AM
I felt almost as if they had saved this one just for me.

Haha, wowww.

Yes, yes they saved it JUST for specifically YOU....because they give a fuck about everyone else but they truly care with all their hearts about this one obsessive fanboy

Classic!

PessimisticOptimist
07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Haha, wowww.

Yes, yes they saved it JUST for specifically YOU....because they give a fuck about everyone else but they truly care with all their hearts about this one obsessive fanboy

Classic!

I've been a member of t.d.n for only a few months now, but so far every thread I've visited has been absolutely permeated with this guys vituperation.

I figured it was just a matter of time before I became a target of this defamation, and I might have been more offended if I didn't find it so amusing that someone with 6,000 + posts would refer to a level 1 lurker such as myself as an, "obsessive fanboy."

That being said, I am a bit curious why t.d.n. even includes number 6 in the forum FAQ if a hatemonger like this is allowed to run rampant with these kind of vindictive diatribes. Not only are they unnecessary, but ultimately they are unproductive. Which I personally find to be far more detrimental to the site. But what the fuck do I know. I'm just a lurker.

SpiralOut34
07-30-2010, 11:06 PM
^^ I agree with what has been said above, but I think we also have to take in account that, with 6,000+ posts, he's obviously not going anywhere...though many of his posts serve almost no purpose aside from to judge others, I believe there is a lot of 'weeding out the weak' in these kinds of sites, because they want to see if people are true fans.

PessimisticOptimist
07-30-2010, 11:24 PM
^^ I agree with what has been said above, but I think we also have to take in account that, with 6,000+ posts, he's obviously not going anywhere...though many of his posts serve almost no purpose aside from to judge others, I believe there is a lot of 'weeding out the weak' in these kinds of sites, because they want to see if people are true fans.

Good point. However, I still find it a bit hypocritical of this site to keep letting him pollute these discussions (many of which I find to be among the most interesting the internet has to offer, especially when you consider its variety.) I vote that the site stick to its guns and follow the protocol mentioned in the FAQ for just such people.

It's not so much that the guy tends to butt heads with people. What bothers me is when I see these posts where he takes a small bit of what someone said and deliberately places it out of context in order to slander them. There is already a place for that kind of buffoonery. It's right between Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck.

SpiralOut34
07-30-2010, 11:41 PM
They are certainly very interesting subjects. I think that Tool has a large fanbase of actually thinking people...not many bands make you think the way they do, not to be a Tool snob or anything :) But yes, I agree. If it says that in the FAQ (which it quite clearly does!) then they ought to take some sort of action...just a warning, or probation, or whatever is deemed necessary.

I don't think the word is tend, I think the word is seek out. I think a lot of his posts could be considered trolling, what with the randomly attacking people for things they say. But it's really up to the mods.

PessimisticOptimist
07-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Very true, but I do feel that sometimes even the best driver gets a bit drowsy behind the wheel. That's when, as passengers, we need to speak up. (Don't get me wrong though. I'm certainly no advocate for backseat drivers. No one likes that.)

SpiralOut34
07-31-2010, 06:14 AM
That's a great metaphor, there XD

hushypushy
07-31-2010, 10:16 AM
I've been a member of t.d.n for only a few months now, but so far every thread I've visited has been absolutely permeated with this guys vituperation.

I figured it was just a matter of time before I became a target of this defamation, and I might have been more offended if I didn't find it so amusing that someone with 6,000 + posts would refer to a level 1 lurker such as myself as an, "obsessive fanboy."

That being said, I am a bit curious why t.d.n. even includes number 6 in the forum FAQ if a hatemonger like this is allowed to run rampant with these kind of vindictive diatribes. Not only are they unnecessary, but ultimately they are unproductive. Which I personally find to be far more detrimental to the site. But what the fuck do I know. I'm just a lurker.

1. Haters gonna hate. It's the internet. Don't take it personally.

2. If you say some stupid shit in real life, you should be called out on it. Unless your friends are really passive and they'll let you ramble on saying whatever BS you please, I guess. The internet is similar. Don't post things on a public message board if you don't want to back them up. This isn't your blog.

3. Seriously, defend yourself. You were kind of asking for it with a post like that. Instead of complaining that your statement got mocked, why don't you clarify what you were talking about? You don't have to let it escalate, either. Keep it calm and explain yourself. If he doesn't get it or like it after that, then who cares, just let it slide. You don't have to please everyone.

The main reason haters/trolls are so successful is that most people are offended extremely easily. One poke is enough to send sheep into a defensive frenzy. Don't fall for the bait, stand your ground and act normally.

PessimisticOptimist
07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Did you read through my initial post on this thread?

Clarification huh? Alright.

"As DELUSIONAL as it sounds, and trust me I KNOW how much it does, I felt ALMOST as if they had saved this one just for me. Of course I'm sure that's how most of the other fans there felt who realized what had just happened. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that was their (as in the band) intention."

To me, that's not saying the band wrote this song for my own selfish desire, as was Inner Eulogy's take. It's simply stating that in the year 2010, while seeing a band with two decades worth of music and live tours, it was a very pleasant surprise to have them play a song for the first time that many people thought would never even make it into a live setlist. An expression of gratitude. Even during this songs live performance I heard a few people commenting that it was, "slow" and then I read posts that call this song, "boring." I felt obligated to show that while some of the more casual listeners don't have much appreciation for this song, it means a lot to others. I truly do feel that this song really was a gift to all of the people who hold it dear and anxiously awaited its live performance.

Anyway, I still find it tedious to have to come back and clarify something that was relatively self explanatory to begin with. Or that someone (especially someone with a title like "clamorous") would advise me at this point in the thread to, "defend myself" instead of "complaining." Just in case your under the impression your given title carries along some kind of prestigious connotation, due to your boasted, "lack of tact" (not to mention lack of vocabulary.) Clamorous is a word describing someone full of complaints and or demands.

eulogy508
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Haha, wowww.

Classic!
try harder

hushypushy
08-01-2010, 09:33 AM
damn, somebody's more defensive than a drunk chick on the rag. Resorting to attacks about user titles (which users can't even change) after making your point. Jeez, chill out man.

PessimisticOptimist
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
You certainly like to hand out advice. I'd feel bad if I didn't hand some back. How about reading through the whole discussion before you jump into the thread and start attempting to dictate people on how to handle their own words. If you had, you might have realized that the "statement" that was mocked by Inner Eulogy was but one sentence in a post consisting of three paragraphs. Which is precisely the reason I even bothered posting a follow up. Not to "complain" as you said, but to raise legitimate concern over someone who has a tendency, as I've already mentioned, to take a small bit of what someone has said and deliberately place it out of context in order to slander them. If it was a one time thing with this guy I wouldn't have even bothered. However, it is NOT a one time thing. I noticed this individual in particular doing it to others long before I submitted a post on this thread.

hushypushy
08-01-2010, 07:21 PM
How about reading through the whole discussion before you jump into the thread and start attempting to dictate people on how to handle their own words.

I've been reading this thread since before you'd ever heard of this site.

If you weren't handling your own words so poorly, then I wouldnt've given you my advice. Think about that one.

SpiralOut34
08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Hushypushy, I love your avatar.

Petroze
08-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I've been there before. I'd post random comments on different song threads, and after a while i noticed the same thing, 'hey this IE guy is a real fucking nazi around here. And he's not even being helpful!' I called him out, but came to the conclusion there's always gonna be butthole's out there, i'm not gonna waste my time with him.

I did wonder about the site's credibility though, i mean you should be allowed to come here and express your opinion freely, without having some guy jump down your neck with criticism. And if there's gonna be a place you can come and share your interpretations of Tool's songs, and discuss what they mean, surely this is it! People shouldn't be shied away for fear of being ridiculed. I made my peace with it though, i gave that MJK quote at the entrance some good thought and just let it go, there's bigger fish to fry!

hushypushy
08-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Hushypushy, I love your avatar.

thanks, I made it myself. For good or bad, I've gotten "stuck" with Kari Byron avatars. If I try to change to something else, there's a bit of a revolt. I haven't made a new one in a while, but I have a few in reserve to cycle through. I need to find out a better way to make gif's out of screengrabs before I make any more.

I did wonder about the site's credibility though, i mean you should be allowed to come here and express your opinion freely, without having some guy jump down your neck with criticism. And if there's gonna be a place you can come and share your interpretations of Tool's songs, and discuss what they mean, surely this is it! People shouldn't be shied away for fear of being ridiculed.

This is true. But I also believe there's a fine line between "criticism" and "being a dick". Similarly, there's a fine line between sharing your interpretation and saying something really stupid.

Was Inner_Eulogy's comment out of line? I think so. I actually had the same thought running through my head when I read PessimisticOptimist's post, but I refrained from posting because I thought it didn't add to the conversation. That's what this thread (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=118834) is for.

The beauty of this site, IMO, is that the moderation is so loose. A lot of other forums have moderators that are quick to step in whenever someone's feelings are hurt. Not here--figure it out for yourself. And try not to act like a first grader in the process, by throwing a temper tantrum and/or crying.

I used to point this out back when the site was really rocking, but scroll up and look in the top left corner of your screen, what word do you see? OPINION. If you're allowed to share your opinions, someone else is going to share theirs.

oh yeah, another thing: there's no requirement that you have to respond to anything. If you don't like what someone is saying to you--ignore them. There's even an ignore feature on the forum to permanently ignore people you don't like.

SpiralOut34
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM
How do you make gif 's, anyway? I have always wanted to do something like that, but have never learned how...and yes, I have been reading TN posts for a while now before actually joining, and have always liked that avatar :P

PessimisticOptimist
08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I've been reading this thread since before you'd ever heard of this site.

If you weren't handling your own words so poorly, then I wouldnt've given you my advice. Think about that one.

Right. Cause there's certainly no possibility that a person could have been following this site and the discussions within its forum for years without ever becoming an actual member. They couldn't possibly have been reluctant to become a member due to the amount of low balling they'd already seen from many of the less apprehensive fans.

When I say less apprehensive fans I refer, in part, to those that discuss the trade and sale of bootleg recordings, both audio and video, of this bands live shows. (sound familiar, hushypushy?) One of the few things this band ask from us as fans is to enjoy their music, with them, in the moment.

In the end, I think your rebuttal was purely out of jealousy that you missed out on one of the best shows this band has ever performed. Next time get tickets instead of getting even.

(p.s. ~ I find it revealing that someone with so much expertise on word handling would've made the mistake of using a nonsensical word like "wouldnt've." Wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?)

fearandloathing
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Right. Cause there's certainly no possibility that a person could have been following this site and the discussions within its forum for years without ever becoming an actual member. They couldn't possibly have been reluctant to become a member due to the amount of low balling they'd already seen from many of the less apprehensive fans.

OHMYGOSH! who would've thought that some TOOL FANS on a TOOL message board would be DICKS?!? what is this world coming to?!?!?? actually it kinda makes sense. half of tool songs are about dicks and assholes, so of course tool fans would follow the same mold!

and if you can't handle people talking shit about your opinions then maybe the internet isn't the place for you. it happens alot.

When I say less apprehensive fans I refer, in part, to those that discuss the trade and sale of bootleg recordings, both audio and video, of this bands live shows. (sound familiar, hushypushy?) One of the few things this band ask from us as fans is to enjoy their music, with them, in the moment.

i love seeing tool in the moment, but that specific moment comes once or twice every few years. this makes it alot harder to enjoy a show as they want us to. so after spending a couple hundred bucks when they are around, its nice to have a recording of the show to listen to. also, being tripped out at tool shows, although making the moment much grander, it makes it much harder to remember later on. another reason i love the existence of recordings. it puts me back into that moment.

i go to the movies, see my movie on the big screen with the awesome sound, but a few months later i buy the DVD anyway. why? because i want something i can enjoy when and where i want.

In the end, I think your rebuttal was purely out of jealousy that you missed out on one of the best shows this band has ever performed. Next time get tickets instead of getting even.

umm, i dont detect a hint of jealousy in any of hushy's statements. i feel he's seen enough shows to make up for that particular one.

(p.s. ~ I find it revealing that someone with so much expertise on word handling would've made the mistake of using a nonsensical word like "wouldnt've." Wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?)

wouldnt've would be short for "would not have." although it is a mashed together word, it still fits the context of what was said. there's no need to become captain dictionary.

SpiralOut34
08-02-2010, 02:07 PM
wouldnt've would be short for "would not have." although it is a mashed together word, it still fits the context of what was said. there's no need to become captain dictionary.

Lmao, now I want a 'Captain Dictionary' cape....

lotus.
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
How do you make gif 's, anyway? I have always wanted to do something like that, but have never learned how...and yes, I have been reading TN posts for a while now before actually joining, and have always liked that avatar :P

i use this to make my gifs, very simple to use.

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

PessimisticOptimist
08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
OHMYGOSH! who would've thought that some TOOL FANS on a TOOL message board would be DICKS?!? what is this world coming to?!?!?? actually it kinda makes sense. half of tool songs are about dicks and assholes, so of course tool fans would follow the same mold!

and if you can't handle people talking shit about your opinions then maybe the internet isn't the place for you. it happens alot.

i love seeing tool in the moment, but that specific moment comes once or twice every few years. this makes it alot harder to enjoy a show as they want us to. so after spending a couple hundred bucks when they are around, its nice to have a recording of the show to listen to. also, being tripped out at tool shows, although making the moment much grander, it makes it much harder to remember later on. another reason i love the existence of recordings. it puts me back into that moment.

i go to the movies, see my movie on the big screen with the awesome sound, but a few months later i buy the DVD anyway. why? because i want something i can enjoy when and where i want.

umm, i dont detect a hint of jealousy in any of hushy's statements. i feel he's seen enough shows to make up for that particular one.

Couple of things before I end my participation in this thread once and for all.
(and not to put on the captain dictionary cape again, but its a dirty job and someone has to)

low·ball
   /ˈloʊˌbɔl/ Show Spelled[loh-bawl] Show IPA
–noun
Cards . a game of draw poker in which the player having the lowest-ranking hand wins the pot.
–verb (used with object)
to deliberately estimate a lower price for (a service or merchandise) than one intends to charge: to lowball the cost of a move.
to give a false estimate or bid for.
–verb (used without object)
to engage in low balling.

You seem to think my reference to all the "low balling" I've observed is about people having disagreements in general. An easy mistake to make, considering the conversation up to that point. Low balling is a term used to describe selling something short (see above). Which is exactly what the process of bootlegging does. I welcome disagreements. I wouldn't have participated thus far in this or any internet forum if i didn't. My question was pretty fucking simple guys. (apparently a few others even agreed if you bother looking) All I want to know is why there is a guideline in the FAQ section explaining that they will take action against the kind of behavior I see being displayed frequently, if they don't bother enforcing it or are prejudice in doing so. There's a simple solution if they don't wish to. REMOVE IT FROM THE FAQ OR ENFORCE IT. Otherwise one such as myself is lead to question its existence in the first place.

And as far as I'm concerned your full of excuses. If you can't remember the show, that's your own fault. If you want to listen to Tool in your own time. SURPRISE!! They've recorded albums! Maybe if you'd be patient enough you might get another one like Salival. I'm sure the band has gotta find it a bit discouraging to make those kind of albums (or even concert DVDs) with so many people disregarding their requests not to take recording devices into their performances.

SpiralOut34
08-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank you, Lotus.

hushypushy
08-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Sale of bootlegs? No one around here approves of selling bootlegs. It's all about free trade so people can hear the shows they went to--or couldn't go to. It's fun for the hardcore fans to essentially "attend" every show on the tour when it's physically impossible.

Of course the band wants fans to be enjoy the music in the moment. Hey, sorry I wasn't a Tool fan back in 1998--but I happen to be "in the moment" of the March 23rd 1998 San Diego show right now because some fan brought his microphones to the show. I was also been very "in the moment" at the shows I actually went to (I've been every possible chance I could). I'm not sure what your disdain is for tapers; some kind of moral opposition? A possible misconception? PM me if you wanna chat about it. I'm somewhat interested in your opinion, philosophical as it may be. I love bootlegs, Tool in particular (as you apparently know).

But what do you mean that I missed out on "one of their best shows"? Not sure if I get where you're headed with that one. 'Yeah, I didn't get tickets to November 23rd, 1996 in Philadelphia, what was I thinking??'

You should be glad I capitalize things and attempt to spell check my posts, haha. So what if I make up words? "Douchebag" isn't a word either but I like to use that one. Come to think of it, "hushypushy" isn't a word either, I just made that up too.

Obviously I didn't respond to all the little questions you brought up. At this point, are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Or do you have a point? Or even a personal problem with me? I think we might be getting somewhere.