PDA

View Full Version : scary

zeik
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM
i used to play aenima on repeat while i slept. once or twice i woke up while this was playing and almost jumped out of my skin. scared the crap out of me. any of you?

Sentient 6
05-22-2007, 06:20 AM
no, i'm not american so i wasn't concerned by the cancer bit :p

bassplayerphillip
05-22-2007, 06:34 AM
This one and Useful Idiot give me the chills.

eapatty01
05-26-2007, 09:26 PM
No, but the end of Disgustipated always makes me jump.

eapatty01
05-26-2007, 09:34 PM

Eulogy33
05-31-2007, 10:37 AM
haha...no, but..i'm sure it would scare the shit outta me if i did wake up to it.

mkean
06-22-2007, 06:22 PM
1) This one didn't scare me that much since there was dialogue and some nice music.

2) Never EVER fall asleep while listening to a Tool album lest you wake up to something like Viginti Tres, or Mantra....(even though once you get used to it, Matra isn't really that bad).

SecondSun
06-25-2007, 09:08 PM

Do you mean at the VERY end, where the guy is talking on the answering machine/tape recorder/whatever? I love that part. It's a lot like Quodia.

SchwarzKatze
07-04-2007, 10:07 PM
First I thought wow this is one of those songs I should just skip. However, I never do?

tali
07-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Hmm... a Tool album has never woken me up. Incubus on the other hand.... on S.C.I.E.N.C.E..... the random shit after Calgone... especially the part where Mike hits all the strings above the nut and then someone shouts something ("SLUT!!!" maybe???). I can't even count how many times I've woken up to that and almost pissed the bed.

But I digress...

conor moore
07-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Hmm... a Tool album has never woken me up. Incubus on the other hand.... on S.C.I.E.N.C.E..... the random shit after Calgone... especially the part where Mike hits all the strings above the nut and then someone shouts something ("SLUT!!!" maybe???). I can't even count how many times I've woken up to that and almost pissed the bed.

But I digress...

when i used to listen to them that was the funniest song
not the scariest

Ghostwriter
07-29-2007, 05:43 PM
This song makes me think about angry terrorists....
*shivers

Inner_Eulogy
08-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I'd like to add that something I've thought was really cool is how they applied a calm cool beach sound and piano behind someone saying some really hateful things yet, Die Eier Von Satan sounds like a Nazi Hitler-esque rant when it's only a recipe for cookies. Goes right along with the "think for yourself" and "not everything is as it seems" themes.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes I feel the same way. I think inner_eulogy is sexy. haha Dont get a big head now. I know your bullheaded I have read many of your posts.

Inner_Eulogy
10-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Yes I feel the same way. I think inner_eulogy is sexy. haha Dont get a big head now. I know your bullheaded I have read many of your posts.

I am bullheaded and strongly opinionated at times but, I'm also very sweet and have a big heart with intelligence....they all kinda balance one another out.

.....and no, I'm not bringing sexy back, MY SEXY NEVER LEFT

Pure Intension
10-04-2007, 08:15 PM
i think the scariest track to wake up to of any tool song is Faaip De Oaid. that scares the SHIT out of me when i wake up to it.

hushypushy
10-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I think Viginti Tres is way creepier than Faaip De Oiad...with FDO I always get hung up grooving on the drum solo

miketh74
10-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I think Viginti Tres is way creepier than Faaip De Oiad...with FDO I always get hung up grooving on the drum solo

I think you mean Triad.

There are no drums in Faaip de Oiad.

And yes, Triad's drums are hypnotising.

:)

insectpinsNR
10-21-2007, 02:37 PM
WOW i just posted somthing about TRIAD being Scary and Evil and I click on a random Thread and foud this.... Wierrrrrd

-Biff Leather Webster

insectpinsNR
10-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I'd like to add that something I've thought was really cool is how they applied a calm cool beach sound and piano behind someone saying some really hateful things yet, Die Eier Von Satan sounds like a Nazi Hitler-esque rant when it's only a recipe for cookies. Goes right along with the "think for yourself" and "not everything is as it seems" themes.

Its for POT COOKIES!! actually i think brownies. but whatever lol

miketh74
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Its for POT COOKIES!! actually i think brownies. but whatever lol

Yea....they mention Turkish hashish and "no eggs" to rob the potency of the recipe. At least, I read somewhere that eggs do that in pot brownies.

Jambi_the_Genie
10-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Pretty much every Tool song has something scary to wake up to,

This song scared me when i woke up too, but I damn near Shit the bed (pun unintended) when i listened to my Ipod falling to sleep, eventually the song "Surgical Sound Specimens from the Museum of Skin" by Fantomas came on like 20 minutes before i woke up (its a 75 minute song) and I started screaming my ass off, and one of my neighbors came over and asked if everything was all right xD it was so damn funny

miketh74
10-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Message To Harry Manback reminds me of Scarface.

:P

0ctopod
10-28-2007, 03:55 PM
There are no drums in Faaip de Oiad.

Do you mean that in a "there's no I in team" sorta way? Because the drumming in Faaip de Oiad is probably the most brutal Carrey has ever recorded.

miketh74
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Do you mean that in a "there's no I in team" sorta way? Because the drumming in Faaip de Oiad is probably the most brutal Carrey has ever recorded.

No, I mean there are NO DRUMS in Faaip de Oiad. You all are thinking of Triad. The track before FDO. I know the brutal drums you speak of and I agree....they are brutal. Trust me. Give it a listen.

Tool_Is_Sick
10-29-2007, 09:26 PM
No, I mean there are NO DRUMS in Faaip de Oiad. You all are thinking of Triad. The track before FDO. I know the brutal drums you speak of and I agree....they are brutal. Trust me. Give it a listen.

Mike, There are drums in FDO..they are behind the static, I agree with Octopod 100% and like he said they are his most brutal. Focus your ears and youll hear it.

Inner_Eulogy
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
YEAH MIKE, get with the program dude

miketh74
11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Mike, There are drums in FDO..they are behind the static, I agree with Octopod 100% and like he said they are his most brutal. Focus your ears and youll hear it.

Ok, ok, ok.....
I know about the drums behind the static, but he's just rolling on a timbale (or it could be his snare with snares off). I don't think that's brutal drumming. Triad is brutal. Just plain brutality.

Umm, yeah......brutal.

Yeah, that's it.

;P