PDA

View Full Version : Pee-wee Herman reference

tryptosaur
05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
If someone else already mentioned this, I apologize.
The first Pee-wee Herman show ever on TV (as far as I know--honestly I haven't really researched this) was a special on HBO back in the early 80s.
During a point in the show he converses with a disembodied head inside a TV who wears a dumb turban and wears lots of glittery makeup.
He performs some kind of spell saying, "Mekaleka hi meka hiney-ho" over and over, putting Pee-wee into a trance.
The head's name was Jambi.
Does anyone else know why this song is entitled Jambi?

Inner_Eulogy
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
If someone else already mentioned this, I apologize.
The first Pee-wee Herman show ever on TV (as far as I know--honestly I haven't really researched this) was a special on HBO back in the early 80s.
During a point in the show he converses with a disembodied head inside a TV who wears a dumb turban and wears lots of glittery makeup.
He performs some kind of spell saying, "Mekaleka hi meka hiney-ho" over and over, putting Pee-wee into a trance.
The head's name was Jambi.
Does anyone else know why this song is entitled Jambi?

Um, yeah Trypto...this was gone over mutliple times for the past year.

benjamin
05-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Um, yeah Trypto...this was gone over mutliple times for the past year.

Um yeah inner uct. you're a lot of help.

Oddly enough tryptosaur, there's a ton of reference material in the What's he saying/ Jambi

...a ton! Have fun.

tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Well--it must be some really awesome thread, considering I never read it!
Thanks alot!
For nothing!
Doody-brains!

m0nkey0890
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
LOL http://youtube.com/watch?v=LcFEflbc7hI

paranormalgirl
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aaii5R2Lo8U

]v[edusa
06-18-2007, 09:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aaii5R2Lo8U

Is that the only time jambi shows up in that show?

It makes total sense why Jambi is called Jambi.

In the song Maynards wishing all the "rain" away. Its raining all of those things that satisfy the false ego, "up to [his] neck soon to drown".

paranormalgirl
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Is that the only time jambi shows up in that show?

It makes total sense why Jambi is called Jambi.

In the song Maynards wishing all the "rain" away. Its raining all of those things that satisfy the false ego, "up to [his] neck soon to drown".

No Jambi was pretty much a regular

GodKillzYou
09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
No Jambi was pretty much a regular

To be more specific, Jambi is in every episode. Pee-wee gets "1 wish per day." Sad to say that I know this, but my 2 year-old daughter is obsessed with this show (downloaded the complete 2 seasons for her), and it's been on non-stop in my house. That stupid song is literally making me insane. Maybe some type of trance?

Anyway, I'd like to wish that theme song all away. Jambi is pretty awesome though.

njm
10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
When I saw Tool in Sydney, Maynard intro'd Jambi with: "Just so you know, the world of the day ala Pee-Wee's Playhouse, all one word, holy-fucken-shit"

Hence the Jambi, wishing away, etc.