View Full Version : 2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH - Chevrolet Center

paraflux
05-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Tool
July 1, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

aenigmatic96
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
No replies? you've got to be fucking kidding me. Is there ANYONE here going to this show?

Blackbird71
05-18-2007, 07:06 AM
No replies? you've got to be fucking kidding me. Is there ANYONE here going to this show?

Between Youngstown and Cinci for me. Anyone know what the Youngstown Chevrolet Center is like? Sound? Security? How big is that place?

taj77
05-19-2007, 08:39 AM
QUESTION: Anyone know the venue seating set-up? Is the venue having seats on the floor or is it free for all general admission? Also, anyone know of a current seating chart for the Chevrolet Centre? I've found several and don't know which one to use. Post a link or guide me please. I called the venue but so far haven't spoken to the right person. And today (Saturday) means the offices are closed.

I've read tour posting, but most people don't give detail about the floor situation. Seats, no seats etc... Does this option depend on venue or is it a band's option/choice? Thanks!

GiveMeMyWings051
05-19-2007, 10:58 AM
QUESTION: Anyone know the venue seating set-up? Is the venue having seats on the floor or is it free for all general admission? Also, anyone know of a current seating chart for the Chevrolet Centre? I've found several and don't know which one to use. Post a link or guide me please. I called the venue but so far haven't spoken to the right person. And today (Saturday) means the offices are closed.

I've read tour posting, but most people don't give detail about the floor situation. Seats, no seats etc... Does this option depend on venue or is it a band's option/choice? Thanks!

Right on gettix.net. They have the correct seating chart for the venue. Just click on the Tool show.

And when I talked to the girl at Gettix on the phone, she made it sound like there were no more floor seats left. But I'm not completely sure. It's best to ask probably, anyways.

As for me, I'm Section 221, Row D, Seats 11 and 12. I can't wait. *shivers*

mattalbr
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Just picked up a pair of tix. Can't tell you how happy I am. Caught them every time through since '93. Mostly in Detroit but I've lived in the Cleveland area for 6 years so everything since Lateralus tour I've seen around here.

Rock on.

Here's to Maynard not preaching politics. It's so fucking annoying, same as it is when ANYBODY does it.

Matt

ThinkForYourselF
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
If anyone has any ?'s about this venue,bars, or anything else about this show let me know. I live in Y-town and cannot believe they are playing here! Always had to drive to Cleveland or Pittsburgh to catch a show. This will be my 8th tool show. Maybe just maybe(not holding my breath though) we will hear 'jimmy'. Just because we are closer to Ravenna then Cleveland. They did play it way back in 96 at the agora, the same show that moron went up on stage and we missed the end of Aenema.

Blackbird71
05-22-2007, 06:12 AM
If anyone has any ?'s about this venue,bars, or anything else about this show let me know. I live in Y-town and cannot believe they are playing here! Always had to drive to Cleveland or Pittsburgh to catch a show. This will be my 8th tool show. Maybe just maybe(not holding my breath though) we will hear 'jimmy'. Just because we are closer to Ravenna then Cleveland. They did play it way back in 96 at the agora, the same show that moron went up on stage and we missed the end of Aenema.

How big is this venue? What's the sound like?

ThinkForYourselF
05-22-2007, 12:51 PM
It holds about 6000. I've seen Korn and Staind there, both sounded pretty good. There is no bad seat in the place, except for this show I don't think I would want to be in the back floor sections. I'm in 206 row F. Shoud be just abve Adams head. It seems smaller than CSU in Cleveland.

aenigmatic96
05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
It seems to be close to normal arenas like the wolstein center etc, maybe a little bit smaller. I have floor seats, so that breaks up the rumor that there is general admission. It surprises me that there are this little tool fans around youngstown. But fuck, this show should be insane. Closest show to Ravenna they've played that i know of.

GiveMeMyWings051
05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I'm not from Ohio, but this is the closest show to where I live. I usually just went to Pittsburgh, which is an hour away. I hope your crowds are better than some of those bastards. People really don't know how to just let their bodies absorb the music without feeling like they need to become a bunch of loud, inebriated dickwads. Some of the people at the Pittsburgh shows were just terrible.

I hope it will be good company. I already know it will be an AMAZING band.

Ticks&Leeches09
05-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I got 4 tickets for the show, floor seating, section 103, row M.

I can not wait, July 1st can't come fast enough.

I just hope the setlist is solid, which it should be.

See ya guys there!

Fahque L
05-28-2007, 12:11 AM

I doubt that we will get to here it. However, I was at that agora show and got in free without tickets in the middle of the second song after harassing the bouncers at the door for about 45 minutes. They were thowing drunks out of the bar and we kept saying, "come on! thats more open seats, please!" It only took two songs for them to finally let the 3 of us in :) . And I seem to remember that we heard Jimmy at the Rubber Bowl for Ozzfest 98. That was the show that Maynard said was the first time his mother had ever seen them play and it happened to be under one of those grey "dead ohio skies".

Fahque L
05-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I hope your crowds are better than some of those bastards. People really don't know how to just let their bodies absorb the music without feeling like they need to become a bunch of loud, inebriated dickwads. Some of the people at the Pittsburgh shows were just terrible.

I hope it will be good company. I already know it will be an AMAZING band.

Dont hold your breath......The cleveland show the week of 9/11 is where the crowd started chanting USA for some stupid fucking reason and Maynard had to put the smack down on them.

aenigmatic96
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't hold very high hopes for a crowd anywhere at a Tool show. The vast majority of Tool fans are nothing but drunk, jock douche bags. And with the show being right next to Youngstown State University, I'm sure there will be a lot of frat boys. Tool fans are some of the most ignorant music listeners ever. It's a shame Tool is trying to convey a different message, I guess they are just appealing to a mainstream crowd.

Ticks&Leeches09
05-31-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't hold very high hopes for a crowd anywhere at a Tool show. The vast majority of Tool fans are nothing but drunk, jock douche bags. And with the show being right next to Youngstown State University, I'm sure there will be a lot of frat boys. Tool fans are some of the most ignorant music listeners ever. It's a shame Tool is trying to convey a different message, I guess they are just appealing to a mainstream crowd.

as this is true, I think the crowd should be good.

Most of the people I know that are going truly love this band and I believe will give the band and the other fans the respect deserved at a concert.

You never know though, I just hope it turns out to be a good show.

WVmetal
05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
For anyone living in or around Youngstown I got a few questions:

Is there only 1 motel around there ( only found the super 8 )
Hey how is the security for the venue?
Any good places to eat?

sam959
05-31-2007, 07:43 PM

Sad, but true. You really see it at these concerts. Unbelievable amount of assholes.

thepot06
06-01-2007, 08:54 PM
im driving 6 people 4 hours to see these guys because this show is on a sunday and our work is closed. All of us are huge tool fans and i know we will be very very pleased. i've been reading a lot of posts about this tour so far with people complaining about the set list,the crowd , security....... WHO CARES. TOOL IS RITE IN FRONT OF YOU the greatest band ever. Relax and embrace the moment i cant fucking wait!

ThinkForYourselF
06-02-2007, 01:07 PM
For anyone living in or around Youngstown I got a few questions:

Any good places to eat?

Look around the Boardman area. At the intersection of US224 and South ave, there has got to be 4-5 hotels. Would be good if your coming up from the south. It is right off the exit of 680(at 224). Short ride from there to the arena(10 min if that). For eats, every chain resteraunt in the free world is also in that area. If you want some cool local places let me know. Security, hmmmm. I never had any problems. There is parking right next to the CC($$), But there is FREE parking in the parking deck across from the post office. Not to mention free parking on any downtown street.

Steve

WVmetal
06-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Look around the Boardman area.
If you want some cool local places let me know.
Security, hmmmm. I never had any problems.
There is parking right next to the CC($$), But there is FREE parking in the parking deck across from the post office.

Steve

Thanks alot for the info about the area, and yea I would to get to a local place to eat rather then a fast food joint. As for the parking, anything free with a bit of security is alot better then venue parking, but how much is it usually for parking there? Also of a place to stay, I think the Super 8 might work, I got a friend that works at one and I get score his employee discount.

Blackbird71
06-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Anyone know how this show is selling? Will it sell out? Not sure if I will make it or not. I'd love to go but can't commit to it now, would have to buy tix at the door.

GiveMeMyWings051
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Well, I ordered from gettix.net over the phone about a week and a half ago. I talked to the girl pretty thoroughly, trying to find some worthy seats. She kept offering a bunch of side seats up in th balcony which I'm really not too fond of, so I ended up picking up Section 221, Row D, which is basically the exact middle of the upper balcony. I'm deinitely thinking that there should still be some tickets at the door. Just don't have too high of hopes for your location. Good luck.

Blackbird71
06-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Well, I ordered from gettix.net over the phone about a week and a half ago. I talked to the girl pretty thoroughly, trying to find some worthy seats. She kept offering a bunch of side seats up in th balcony which I'm really not too fond of, so I ended up picking up Section 221, Row D, which is basically the exact middle of the upper balcony. I'm deinitely thinking that there should still be some tickets at the door. Just don't have too high of hopes for your location. Good luck.

thanks for your help. Might do Cinci for good seats and Y'town if I happen to be in the area.

thepot06
06-06-2007, 07:43 PM
does anyone know why this particular site is showing tool playing july 1st at both the Chevrolet centre in youngstown and the US bank arena in cinncinati? Should i be worried

ThinkForYourselF
06-07-2007, 03:49 AM
does anyone know why this particular site is showing tool playing july 1st at both the Chevrolet centre in youngstown and the US bank arena in cinncinati? Should i be worried

Cinci is June 29. On this site it's still not correct. Here's a link to a local station website to ease your thoughts.....

www.realrock104.com

thepot06
06-07-2007, 09:35 PM
thanx brother think4urself im truly stressfree hope to c u there

goldendawn777
06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Any good places to eat?

Seeing as I lived here my whole life and worked downtown/nearby for the better part of 5 years at the old bar Nyabinghi (RIP), I know all and can happily answer these questions.

Hotels
Well you got a few options, you can go up to Boardman and get one (the best place is right off 680 heading towards Pittsburgh. Get off 224 exit (Poland/Canfield) and bam right there you got a good 3-4 hotels. As well as a few good places to eat (Youngstown Sports Grille, Outback, Carabbo's (sp?), TGIF, Red Lobster, etc....)

There is that option, other is a little more complicated to get to but alot closer to downtown. You just have to get on Belmont and head into Liberty. Actually now with the 711 extention it's not to hard to get to (but have to get off Gypsy Lane as the people who designed it didn't put a Belmont exit on the extention. But there is about 4-5 hotels there and few nice places.

Food
Well right near the Chevy Center is a few little places to eat. Forget the name of the one right across the street/where parking deck is but that's nice. Then there is the Chestnut Cafe (believe that's the name) another 2 blocks up from the venue. Then you have BW3s near. If you want good food though and drinks I suggest either go to Cedars/Cedars Cafe, University Pizzaria or the Royal Oaks. Those are all nearby the venue and within walking/driving distance.

Security
Pffffftttt I think they'll just be shocked that the venue is actually packed :-). No worries on them.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

goldendawn777
06-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Also if anyone wants to meet up beforehand let me know. I'll be with a few friends for sure. Find me on myspace under the moniker Pigweiser. Word.

ThinkForYourselF
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree with goldendawn. The Oaks is a great place for a pre concert beverage. A good friend of mine runs the place. There is a real irish pub on Steel St. (off Mahoning ave) called Co. Meigh Oh(may-o) that I recomend for a pint or two. Also very close to downtown. The bingi was a very cool place (rip) many good times there. As Ali-G would say "WESTSIDE". I second the pre-party idea.

goldendawn----named for the bar on logan perhaps?

peace out

nosajh9
06-09-2007, 01:17 PM
who is the opening act for this show?

Ticks&Leeches09
06-10-2007, 02:32 PM
who is the opening act for this show?

I was wondering the exact same thing, if anyone knows that'd be excellent.

WVmetal
06-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Goldendawn777 and ThinkForYourselF, thanks alot for the tips on where to get a drink. I was just in Warren a cpl days ago and drove through Boardman and Youngstown and located a few places of interest but names excape my mind at the moment. As the date draws near I'll most likely add a little more on here about locations and whatnot.

goldendawn777
06-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I agree with goldendawn. The Oaks is a great place for a pre concert beverage. A good friend of mine runs the place. There is a real irish pub on Steel St. (off Mahoning ave) called Co. Meigh Oh(may-o) that I recomend for a pint or two. Also very close to downtown. The bingi was a very cool place (rip) many good times there. As Ali-G would say "WESTSIDE". I second the pre-party idea.

goldendawn----named for the bar on logan perhaps?

peace out

No, but that's a nice place to eat. Golden Dawn is just short for the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn of which Aleister Crowley was involved with. Thus GoldenDawn777.

I probally know who you are if you go to the Oaks and went to the Binghi, then again I may not. I'm good friends with John to. What's your name?

Oh and opener I believe is still Melt Bannana if I am not mistaken. Could be wrong, but think so.

nosajh9
06-11-2007, 11:27 AM
actually i looked at melt bananas tour page, and it shows them playing in montana the night of this show. looks like they end with tool on june 23rd. if anybody can figure out who is opening, that would be sweet!

goldendawn777
06-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I wish it was Neurosis opening, then again I been wishing to see that for ions. One day they will tour together.......one day.

GiveMeMyWings051
06-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Oh my, Neurosis would be an amazing opener. For me, no other band will still beat Isis opening. Tool and Isis were already my two favorite bands, so that show was BIG for me. My hopes, however, would be for Jesu. Amazing band.

nosajh9
06-18-2007, 12:16 PM
just found out from a friend that BIG BUSINESS is opening. fucking sweeeeeet!!!

nameloc01
06-18-2007, 02:55 PM
the absolute max capacity of the Chevrolet Center is 7500 people. there may be less people there than that,depending on how the seating is arranged.it is going to be a great show.even better is that its only an hour and a half from my house.

goldendawn777
06-18-2007, 08:04 PM
No way, Big Business????? Holy shit. To bad it isn't the Melvins w/ Big Business but I'm down for that. Get there early folks.

WVmetal
06-24-2007, 01:37 PM
-delete-

WVmetal
06-24-2007, 01:39 PM
That means the ext version of Lateralis will be something alot more than what M.B. could bring in my opinion. I love anything off Undertow but maybe something different than "Flood" would be nuts.

toolshed1502
06-24-2007, 07:37 PM
anyone want to speculate something special since youngstown is only 30 minutes away from maynard's hometown? a "hometown crowd" if you will...

Ticks&Leeches09
06-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I just imagine he will be more talkative than usual?

Dunno maybe something sweet will happen though.

Attila
06-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I will be at the show too. This is my second, first was Columbus in the fall. I can't wait to see what happens since its a "home" gig for him. I'm hoping for all kinds of goodies.

Blackbird71
06-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I just imagine he will be more talkative than usual?

Dunno maybe something sweet will happen though.

I don't know if they will play any extra songs but the "alternate" song of this tour might be something different. Like instead of Flood or Right in Two, they'll play something else.... maybe Jimmy? That's pure speculation. Does anyone know what songs they've been playing in soundcheck? That's normally a good clue.

Wings for Marie I'm sure will be especially emotional for Maynard at this show.

joejammer
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I believe this will be a very emotional show by Maynard(Hopefully) as we will not know what to expect. This will be my 2nd Tool show--June 29 at Cinci will be my first. Just got married on June 24 and making my wife go to both shows to "Toolize" her. Hope to see a great show as well as a good crowd.

WVmetal
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Hells bells, looks like Im gonna have to make this a solo trip since it looks like a friend of mine if gonna bail and thats like a 3+hr drive. I cant find a soul around me that wants to go
and I dont feel like paying for a room alone. So close yet so fucked up...

WVmetal
06-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow, it seems like I am driving alone. BTW go to http://www.chevroletcentre.com/event.php?id=210 for tickets, noticed that the price has dropped to $41 for a new batch of just released last minute tickets. Just got mine, Im in section 201.

goldendawn777
07-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Tool in a few hours, see you all there. I plan to hit a pub or two before hand. Probally BW3's or Cedar's or wherever. If you see a guy with a Worship Satan shirt (with Burt Reynolds on it)and black Notre Dame hat that's me. Feel free to say something.

bertramcheeks22
07-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Get Hyped...see you all there.

WVmetal
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I'll be wearing the naked embrace shirt.

Attila
07-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I'll be wearing a Tool shirt. First one to find me gets a dollar.

phishman1
07-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I wasn't even going to go tonight, but decided to make the trip to old Y-Town. 30 minute drive for us. My daughters will be going. They're pretty pumped. All 3 of us hope they play 'Right In Two'. Pushit would be a welcome addition too. (hint, hint)

See everyone there. We'll be in section 219, Row J, Seats 18-20.

phishman1
07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
ahhh...my daughter's boyfriend just called and said that he wants to go. We got him one ticket in our row, but 5 seats away. Hopefully we'll be sitting next to kind folks who won't mind letting us shift around a little...

ThinkForYourselF
07-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll have my old school star wars shirt on. I don't want to wear one of my tool shirts from the collection, don't wanna be "that guy"! The place is gonna be packed have fun all........

MrVinnie77
07-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Here's the Ytown setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (no extra parts)
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism (fast breakdown)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 days
Lateralus (with drum jam)
Vicarious

Typical noises, beeps, and squelches between the songs.

One interesting problem during 10,000 Days and Lateralus had Danny's drum tech dodging sticks. One of Danny's hat cymbal pedals broke and needed to be replaced and it required quite a bit of skill on the part of the tech.

I believe the concept of reserved seating was lost on most people in and around section 102 of the floor. I wasn't happy with my surroundings but thought the overall sound was great from that vantage point.

Was extremely happy, though, to hear "Flood." This was the 5th time I've seen this particular tour (counting 2 of the "warm up" dates) and watching the band perform this song gave me goosebumps, especially when I figured out where Justin was heading with his noisemaking. Also funny, too, that they still can't nail the timing on "Rosetta Stoned" during Maynard's big scream. They just plowed right through it this time instead of trying to properly time it as they did during Cleveland's & Pittsburgh's Sept. shows.

Early on, MJK offered Youngstown a chance to one up Cincinnati in the "round on the outside, HI in the middle" call & response. He threatened something akin to "Danny Carey will take a big, stinky dump right in the middle of the stage..." should Youngstown not top Cincinnati in their response. I don't believe Maynard thought the audience did, yet no dump from Danny.

bertramcheeks22
07-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought the sound sucked. I could barely hear Maynard and I was only about 60 feet from them. Concert was fantastic as usual though. Still can't get into Rosetta Stoned :(

holy_reality2425
07-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Here's the Ytown setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (no extra parts)
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism (fast breakdown)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 days
Lateralus (with drum jam)
Vicarious

like vinnie said thats was the amazing setlist.

this was my second concert with tool, the first being the one on sept 26 pittsburgh... i was blown away by the awe inspiring performance tonight. Still have the lovely ringing in my ears lol. FLOOD, overly happy with that. i sat Floor 104 row m seat 3.... i basically looked like maynard except i was wearing a tool shirt hehe(sunglasses and all) but anyways.... I thought the sound was good. The double drums in lateralus owned lives. I enjoyed the community of tool fans at this concert. atleast can say that for all the people i encounterd.

overall i give it an A+ and thats just the normal stuff... i give it an extension of +++'s cuz they played flood.. pity it wasnt pushit .. i wouldve died literally. but im extremely happy to hear sumthing of undertow.

Attila
07-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Great concert. Better than Columbus in the fall. The sound was really good except that Maynard needed to be turned up. I really like what they did to upgrade the show since the last leg of the tour. And Flood rocked my socks.

WVmetal
07-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Just simply a great show, I was in section 201 but there were some spaces open dead center up behind the soundboard so I kept moving about until Tool came on, great move on my part. The crowd was pretty cool as well it and from all accounts I was the only one from WV at the show, someone was from Alabama though. Security was tight, they were all over the parking lot and at the doors but once in, it was a nice relaxed moment.

*The other thread for Youngstown has the wrong setlist, this thread is the correct setlist played. Flood was in, not Right in Two.

Ticks&Leeches09
07-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Wow, what an awesome concert.

Front to Finish just an amazing show.

thepot06
07-02-2007, 09:31 AM
section 104 row V sounded fuckin amazing light show was great people seemed to be pretty cool with me workin my way up by standin next to them when security walked by thank you everyone who let the black haired guy with his mouth hangin open stand next to u i needed to see them as close as possible and thanx to the guys with the grill in the parking lot i was so worried about everything else i forgot the lighter fluid for our grill and the damn hot dog and hamburger rolls anyway cant wait to c those guys again they r by far the best damn band today our generations Led Zepplelin and if led zeps ur generation ur fuckin lucky GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

NOTHINGFAN
07-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Great show for my first Tool show ever. I was extremely happy to be at this one. Nice easy drive from Pittsburgh, too.