PDA

View Full Version : 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

paraflux
05-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Tool
July 7, 2007
Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena (lol?)

mercurykeith
05-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Yes, the arena's name is lame. I liked it better when it was just the Huntington Civic Arena.

Anyway, the mighty Tool returns to WV. Thank you guys!

I got my tickets yesterday, who else is going?

Hodge
05-13-2007, 10:53 AM
i am not going i just came to LOL @ the name

sounds like a store where women buy plus size clothing

mercurykeith
05-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I guess it does. It's actually a retailer of TV's, furniture, etc in the area. I'm guessing Big Sandy comes from the Big Sandy river. But yeah, it's a pretty ridiculous name. Maybe Maynard will crack some jokes about it when they come to town.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
05-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm goin. I'm so stoked, i missed them the last time around, had my tonsils taken out. That name blows, as if it wasn't hard enough to get good shows in town

Curbed Enthusiast
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll be there. I'm really surprised they are returning since the reception for them last time was pretty embarassing.

/also thinks big sandy is a dumb name

TylerTiano
05-13-2007, 07:00 PM
whats up with the general admission floor? is there a good chance of getting up close?

got my tickets yesterday, am really stoked after seeing them in pittsburgh last year

mercurykeith
05-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I'll be there. I'm really surprised they are returning since the reception for them last time was pretty embarassing.

Well it sold well, so I'd say that's more important that anything. I actually thought the reaction during the show last time was fine, but I heard a lot of poor reviews from people afterward. I think people wanted a lot more Undertow and Aenima. Personally, I loved it.

Any 7/7/07 predictions? I'm thinking Opiate just might have to show up that night. Or hoping at least.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
05-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I hope they do AEnima, I also hope that the hicks don't act up again.
My girlfriend really wants Forty six & 2.

ballman17
05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I dont think there will be a reapeat of last time as long as Tomahawk isn't going to be there.

I'm as open minded as anyone about music, but the "music" they were trying to establish that night was really bad. I don't know if it was the Arena or the equipment or what, but narly distortion just doesnt go over well when you are waiting on Tool. The redneck jokes didnt help either.

I wish i could go to this, but I've moved to FL since the last concert. As much as the name sucks, i love small venues and loved it the last time they were at the Civic Arena. Hope this time kicks ass for you guys.

mercurykeith
05-15-2007, 08:12 AM
I dont think there will be a reapeat of last time as long as Tomahawk isn't going to be there.

I'm as open minded as anyone about music, but the "music" they were trying to establish that night was really bad. I don't know if it was the Arena or the equipment or what, but narly distortion just doesnt go over well when you are waiting on Tool. The redneck jokes didnt help either.

I wish i could go to this, but I've moved to FL since the last concert. As much as the name sucks, i love small venues and loved it the last time they were at the Civic Arena. Hope this time kicks ass for you guys.

Tomahawk was great, I don't know what everyone's problem was. As for the redneck jokes, I personally didn't take offense because I'm not a redneck. I thought it was hilarious so many people got up in arms about it.

As for wanting Aenima and 46 & 2, you're not asking for much. They play both every night. Personally I'm hoping for some Pushit, Swamp Song, Third Eye. Something a little more unconventional.

TylerTiano
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
bump, can anyone let me know what general admission is like... how early should i get there?

Kangaroo_hung_me2
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Ideal Setlists? Anyone?
Stinkfist
Forty six & 2
Wings,10,000 days
Aenima
Vicarious
The Pot
Schism
Sober
Lateralus
That's mine. Anyone else?

InsideTheOutside20
05-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I am with everyone else about the stupid name.... we seem to have a lot of those. (Monkey Bar)

I will be seeing them in Huntington again and I can't wait. I also have tickets to the Cincinnati show the week before.
I think the fact that they are comming back to Huntington is amazing. I thought they would never play here again. It is our chance to redeem ourselves... though I wasn't one of those redneck assholes booing Tomahawk that night.

-My "ideal" setlist-
Sober
Stinkfist
H
Jimmy
The Grudge
4degrees
Eulogy
Parabola
Vicarious
Pushit
Aenima
Lateralis

But that wont happen... but I don't really care. I'm happy to see them again.

iswingonthespiral
05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I saw Tool at this arena in 02. I thought the show was amazing and I am surprised they are coming back. I am really looking forward to this 1. 20 min from my house. Venue is small-maybe 5000 seats. I had GA floor seats last time around(and this time as well) and it was awesome. Crowd was lame but Tool was on. I hope they get a better reception this time around. Anyone from Tool Army wanna meet up?

InsideTheOutside20
05-27-2007, 08:23 AM
I will never understand why this venue has a hard time selling tickets. Maybe as time goes by more tickets will sell but they still have floor tickets on Ticketmaster.
Why does nobody want to travel to this show?

rockchick2781
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM
"Why does nobody want to travel to this show?"

not sure. i just got two ga tickets. now if i can only find someone crazy enough to drive to west virginia with me.......

WVmetal
05-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Im comming down from Clarksburg (WV) for the show, just around 3hrs. I also saw them in 2002, I believe Fanotmas opened up, a handful of ppl in the venue and myself had any idea about them, the others threw stuff and just wanted Tool to come out, they had no idea that Mike Patton blessed them. If anyone recalls, Maynard turned his back to the crowd for the whole show, I even believe he did that at the end when the band hugged. Memories.

InsideTheOutside20
06-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Im comming down from Clarksburg (WV) for the show, just around 3hrs. I also saw them in 2002, I believe Fanotmas opened up, a handful of ppl in the venue and myself had any idea about them, the others threw stuff and just wanted Tool to come out, they had no idea that Mike Patton blessed them. If anyone recalls, Maynard turned his back to the crowd for the whole show, I even believe he did that at the end when the band hugged. Memories.

Mike Patton's other band Tomahawk opened for Tool.

WVmetal
06-02-2007, 07:01 PM
You are correct, I got my opening bands mixed up, Fantomas did open for Tool but it was Tomahawk in Huntington ( just referred to my ticket stub ), thanks.

InsideTheOutside20
06-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Does anybody know who is opening for Tool in Huntington? I heard Melt Banana is opening for them until the 23rd of June...

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-09-2007, 07:26 AM
and kinski was only with them till may....Have any of you ever heard Melt Banana? Jesus H., Jesus frikin H.

InsideTheOutside20
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
and kinski was only with them till may....Have any of you ever heard Melt Banana? Jesus H., Jesus frikin H.

I checked them out a little. They are horrible... in my opinion.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-09-2007, 04:42 PM
thier genre is Japanoise. Huntington will take them apart and Maynard will be pissed again. The rednecks are gonna fuck this up for us again aren't they?

Sup InsideTheOutside20? My Dad lives in ashland, works at Ashland Oil.

InsideTheOutside20
06-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't think they are supposed to play with Tool after the 23rd.

I work as a contractor at Ashland Oil (Marathon).

InsideTheOutside20
06-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Floor tickets are still availible for this show... It seems like the only venue that can't sell tool tickets.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-15-2007, 05:37 PM
8 hour drive, here we come!

WVmetal
06-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Makes my 3+hr drive not so bad. Save travel

InsideTheOutside20
06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I am like 15 or 20 minutes away.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
5 minutes bitches!
I'm walkin' to the show.

dr funkmaster
06-17-2007, 10:06 AM
small venue with quality reserved seat and GA floor tickets still available? stop tempting me! i may have to make that 6 hr drive but we shall see. the possibility of having a ticket stub with 'Big Sandy Superstore Arena' on it is just an added bonus.

mercurykeith
06-17-2007, 02:40 PM
small venue with quality reserved seat and GA floor tickets still available? stop tempting me! i may have to make that 6 hr drive but we shall see. the possibility of having a ticket stub with 'Big Sandy Superstore Arena' on it is just an added bonus.

There are still great seats available. I think part of the problem is that we never get shows here and they rarely sell out, so a lot of people just wait to get their tickets. I have at least 6 friends who are definitely going but still haven't bought tickets. Their loss and your gain if you ask me.

Oh, and besides, this is a very small arena, not a bad seat in the place really. Come on up, we'd love to have visitors. It's on a Saturday too people!

InsideTheOutside20
06-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I know a lot of people that constantly complain about how it is too far to travel to see some bands but when a group like Tool comes to town, they don't go anyway. We really do need more support from the people in this area if we want to get more shows around here.

You are right about the arena, not a bad seat in the house.

Jambi77e
06-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Bought my ticket (floor) and got my hotel room right across from the arena today. Driving 7 hours up from Durham NC and I cant wait. Seen them in Wiston-Salem for the 8th time last week, great fuckin show!!! I could see them a thousand more times and it still wouldnt be enough. The only other time Ive been to West Virginia was to go see Pantera and Slayer at the same place back in 2001 when it was the civic center. I remember it being very small. RIP DIME

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-17-2007, 06:45 PM
8 hours from Durham? WHAT? I saw 8 hours from Jacksonville. Do you drive like a granny?

mercurykeith
06-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Bought my ticket (floor) and got my hotel room right across from the arena today. Driving 7 hours up from Durham NC and I cant wait. Seen them in Wiston-Salem for the 8th time last week, great fuckin show!!! I could see them a thousand more times and it still wouldnt be enough. The only other time Ive been to West Virginia was to go see Pantera and Slayer at the same place back in 2001 when it was the civic center. I remember it being very small. RIP DIME

OH shit, you made it for a great show. Along with the 02 Tool show that was definitely one of H-town's finer concert moments.

And InsideTheOutside20, you are absolutely right. People need to get off their asses and go out when we actually do get a decent show around here. I'll be ashamed if there's no turnout for it when you know Nickelback could probably come through and sell it out.

InsideTheOutside20
06-17-2007, 07:06 PM

I had tickets to that show but was forced to sell them and then the person who I sold them to didn't wake up in time to go....

I was pissed. Now I'll Never get to see Pantera.

Have a safe trip comming up here for the show!

InsideTheOutside20
06-17-2007, 07:12 PM
OH shit, you made it for a great show. Along with the 02 Tool show that was definitely one of H-town's finer concert moments.

And InsideTheOutside20, you are absolutely right. People need to get off their asses and go out when we actually do get a decent show around here. I'll be ashamed if there's no turnout for it when you know Nickelback could probably come through and sell it out.

Seriously, I saw Chimaira at the monkey bar and I was surprised at how many people didn't go to see them that night.

Oh, Big Business is opening for Tool in Huntington...

Jambi77e
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
8 hours from Durham? WHAT? I saw 8 hours from Jacksonville. Do you drive like a granny?I said 7 hours and yes I drive slow. I like to smoke a little and the last thing I need to do is to be driving 100mph to a place that aint goin no where. It took me a little over 6 hours to get there in 01 to see Pantera.

Jambi77e
06-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I had tickets to that show but was forced to sell them and then the person who I sold them to didn't wake up in time to go....

I was pissed. Now I'll Never get to see Pantera.That fuckin sucks. I had to make the trip. Heard they were having problems and probably wasnt goin to tour any more. That was the last of four times I seen them. Lookin back it was worth the trip.

Have a safe trip comming up here for the show! Thanx

InsideTheOutside20
06-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I said 7 hours and yes I drive slow. I like to smoke a little and the last thing I need to do is to be driving 100mph to a place that aint goin no where. It took me a little over 6 hours to get there in 01 to see Pantera.

I know that Virginia State Police are pretty bad on I-77 assuming that is the way you are going. I always drive 65 the whole way through Virginia.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-18-2007, 12:10 AM

Kid fucking Rock sells the damn place out everytime, i really don't understand people here. Maybe the show will feel more personal with less people.
Who knows?

mercurykeith
06-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Kid fucking Rock sells the damn place out everytime, i really don't understand people here. Maybe the show will feel more personal with less people.
Who knows?

Well I just hope they don't cancel due to poor ticket sales. If I thought they'd still play if it was only a couple hundred people I'd be fine with that. But yeah, that X-fest line-up with Hinder will probably excite the rural rock fans around here into coming out more than this will.

But hopefully all goes well and Tool does in fact grace us with their presence on 7/7/07. I'm really looking forward to the show.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
if they cancel, i'd cry. i mean real tears.

I_kNOw_THE_I
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Just bought my ticket earlier today, after a little uncertainty as the result of a lack of funds and a job. So fucking psyched, saw them in 02 when they came to town and it was of course ridiculous.

here's to hoping they play some Undertow songs, even though they haven't been. and maybe some kabalah jokes or something because of the date.

anybody heard any news on the opening act?

also. ideal setlist:

Opiate
Undertow
Flood
H.
Third Eye
Aenema
Disposition/Reflection/Triad
Lateralus
Jambi
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two

not necessarily in that order

mercurykeith
06-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Songs that would melt my face off:

Opiate
Third Eye
The Patient
Pushit (either version)
Flood

InsideTheOutside20
06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh, Big Business is opening for Tool in Huntington...

They are better than Melt Banana...

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, no joke. I'm glad I don't have to hear the melting pot of shit anymore.

I said 7 hours and yes I drive slow. I like to smoke a little and the last thing I need to do is to be driving 100mph to a place that aint goin no where. It took me a little over 6 hours to get there in 01 to see Pantera.

My bad. Glad to know you just drive slow as opposed to it really taking that long to get there. If it takes you 7 hours from Durham, it would take me almost 11. jesus.

Nietzsche's Dead
06-19-2007, 08:54 AM

Yeah I'm suprised as well. I'm glad they are though, I'm going too :)

Will be my first tool show, long over due and exciting..

I just think it sucks they havn't even sold out of tickets yet :./

Nietzsche's Dead
06-19-2007, 08:58 AM

lol.

Nietzsche's Dead
06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
8 hour drive, here we come!

thank's for coming by :)

i'm about 20 mins away too :P

Nietzsche's Dead
06-19-2007, 09:01 AM
5 minutes bitches!
I'm walkin' to the show.

ha, are you really? I'll be walking too.

live closer to charleston, but the friend I'm going with goes to marshall, so it's right down the road :P

have fun I know I will

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I saw this quote on facebook. I thought you guys may get a laugh. I hope i don't offend anybody:

You know you live in Huntington when you can tell what's going on by the number of mullets in town.
200-500: Normal day
501-2000:Monster truck rally
2001-5000: WWE
5001-10,000+: Kid Rock show

mercurykeith
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I saw this quote on facebook. I thought you guys may get a laugh. I hope i don't offend anybody:

You know you live in Huntington when you can tell what's going on by the number of mullets in town.
200-500: Normal day
501-2000:Monster truck rally
2001-5000: WWE
5001-10,000+: Kid Rock show

Nice.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-19-2007, 05:33 PM
thank's for coming by :)

i'm about 20 mins away too :P

Haha, sounds like ya'll need some more people! Thought we'd help out, haha. There'll be about...Um, 9 in our group, I believe. I'm pretty sure that's right. Some coming from Charlotte, some from Jacksonville. A girlfriend of mine is actually flying in that morning and we're driving directly up from the airport, haha.

Figured why not...we're not going to be on the East coast much longer...it's a chance to see more of the country, as well as Tool again!

voodoochylde77
06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
:D I'll be there. I've been a fan of tool since the first time I heard Aenima. I recently got my girlfriend hooked on tool.

This is my second concert ever - first tool. This is her first concert ever. It's also my birthday present to her and myself. Her birthday is 07/21...mine is 07/07 :D Best birthday ever.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-20-2007, 12:01 AM
hellz ya voodoo! I got my girl hooked too. It's not my first concert by far but it is my first tool show. I think we are really in for it!

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-21-2007, 07:15 PM
You both are :) I went to my first Tool show on June 13th, W-S, and it was absolutely INCREDIBLE!

InsideTheOutside20
06-23-2007, 06:00 AM
This will be my first show for this tour. I can't wait.

|2a\/e|\|
06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I live in ashland and for some reason, I can't be bothered to make the 15 min drive. Just not as excited to see them this time around as I was last year when I caught a show in Pittsburgh. Have fun though to those going.

edit: 3 posts, 3 bincount and I've been here since 2002. I'm the king of all lurkers.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Are you serious? I hope you don't regret not going.

Nice.

InsideTheOutside20
06-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I know quite a few people that aren't going that I thought would have...

WVmetal
06-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I cant wait, WV is really overdue for a Tool show. Yea it might not be a major nor minor market but you gotta give love in the most remote places. I wonder if there is gonna be a place where fans are gonna meet up for drinks and whatnot.

InsideTheOutside20
06-24-2007, 02:39 PM
The Monkey Bar is having an after party.

iswingonthespiral
06-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyone remember the setlist they played during the Lateralus tour here? I was there but I can't remember every song since it was 5 years ago. I will be at the Monkey bar after the show. If anyone wants to meet up b4 or after, let me know. These fans better bring it this time.

WVmetal
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
8-8-2002

Sober
The Grudge
Stinkfist - extended w/ extra verse
H.
Schism
Parabola
Aenema
intermission
Disposition
Reflection
Triad
Lateralus

InsideTheOutside20
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I took my girlfriend and my mother to that show... now they are huge tool fans.

gabe_angelfire
06-25-2007, 07:09 AM
My sister, her husband, and I just got our tickets! I'm coming from Atlanta, GA and picking them up from Charlotte, NC on my way. This will be my third show this tour, I also saw them in SC and at Bonnaroo.

Hooray - No Melt Banana! They hurt my ears!

I'll see you in the front row!

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-25-2007, 08:44 AM
wow, all the way from atlanta? Thats a drive man. I hope it is a safe and easy one.

gabe_angelfire
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
wow, all the way from atlanta? Thats a drive man. I hope it is a safe and easy one.

Thanks! Getting there won't be so bad. I'm leaving Atlanta on Friday after work and then we'll make the rest of the trip on Saturday morning... Now getting home, on the other hand, that will probably take me ten hours! We're going to stay the night somewhere in WV or Virgina... and leave on Sunday morning.

I'll be running on post-tool giddiness *crosses fingers and hopes that Maynard will be nicer than he was at Bonnaroo* though and the drive is a pretty one :O)

We should be arriving at the arena somewhere around two if all goes well. Then we'll be waiting in line until the show starts! (I missed being in the front row for the show at Bonnaroo, dammit I'll be there this time!)

Maybe I will meet some of you there! :O)

InsideTheOutside20
06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Prepare for boredom...

I'm just kidding.

Seriously though.

iswingonthespiral
06-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Man I went to the Atlanta show. Long drive but the show was great. Crowd was better than I expected. Pushit was very good. Really thought they were gonna give us Prison Sex since they teased us w/ the intro b4 Lateralus. Maybe we'll get something new at this show. And yeah Melt Banana was about the worst live act I have witnessed. I had to leave while they finished. See you there.

gabe_angelfire
06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I couldn't make it to the Atlanta show... and they played Pushit!!!! I saw them in Greenville last month, and they didn't play it. Didn't play it at Bonnaroo either. Maybe I will get lucky in Huntington. *I hope I hope I hope*

Boredom? Maybe :O) But it will be soooooo worth it!
Waiting in line won't be so bad. I'll pack some sunscreen, a pool floatie, and some margaritas... and pretend I'm somewhere else.

Nietzsche's Dead
06-25-2007, 04:21 PM
070707 is such a great date for my first tool show.

:D

InsideTheOutside20
06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I'll pack some sunscreen, a pool floatie, and some margaritas... and pretend I'm somewhere else.

You could use that in the fountains.
Oh yeah.... didn't they remove the fountains?

I was just up there today and can't remember....

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-25-2007, 08:35 PM
How far is the drive from Atlanta? We've got about 9 hours from Wilmington ((I'm actually in Jacksonville, but we have to drive down to Wilmington, to pick up my girlfriend from the airport, then backtrack an hour up to WV)). Fun times. The rest of our party is coming up from Charlotte, and we'll meet there. SyzygyOfMyMind/Destructicon, if anyone remembers him, is going.

Very excited it's not Melt Banana as well.

How are the after parties? Anyone been to any before?

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
yeah, the fountain is gone. its a big silver abstract now.

InsideTheOutside20
06-26-2007, 07:46 AM
What part of Jacksonville? My mom lives in Orange Park.

Anon-Imus
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
For all of you going to this show in our homestate, I wish you the best. I'm not going, cuz my wife is still mad about me sneaking off to Richmond earlier this month. Huntington will be wild. There will definately be a wafting of substance in the air, as we in rural areas like to escape reality, as we have just enough money to do so, but not enough to relocate.
If i were "ya'll," I would pray the show isn't sold out. We are known for when WV citizens congregate in large quantities, we tend to burn couches and try to tear things down like goal posts, especially you northerners.
Luckily for everyone, most of the police were with the National Guard and sent to Iraq. Partay Time!

Aezarien
06-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Anon-Imus: As long as there are no hugs or "meaningful" moments involved I'm game.

We will be there with gabe_angelfire. This is my first general admission concert since they built the new coliseum in Charlotte and I can't wait.

We are looking for some real weird retarded things to do in the area on Sunday. Does anyone who lives up there know of anything interesting to get into in the area?

gabe_angelfire
06-26-2007, 11:04 AM
How far is the drive from Atlanta? We've got about 9 hours from Wilmington.

From Atlanta to Charlotte... 4 hours give or take. From Charlotte to Huntington... 6-ish. Thank God I'm not trying to make it there and back all in one day!

No fountain??? Let's grill out then. ...In the line mind you... because once we get there I'm not leaving my place in line :O)

InsideTheOutside20
06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
We are looking for some real weird retarded things to do in the area on Sunday. Does anyone who lives up there know of anything interesting to get into in the area?

Depends on what you want to do... Your best bet would probably be to leave and find something interesting in another area.

InsideTheOutside20
06-26-2007, 11:06 AM
If i were "ya'll," I would pray the show isn't sold out.

Ticket sales for this show aren't they great so far and they didn't sell out last time they were in Huntington.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
No fountain??? Let's grill out then. ...In the line mind you... because once we get there I'm not leaving my place in line :O)

Fuck ya! Or we could sit and order pizza in line, or there is a BW3's just around the corner.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
From Atlanta to Charlotte... 4 hours give or take. From Charlotte to Huntington... 6-ish. Thank God I'm not trying to make it there and back all in one day!

Ah, so you have almost the same amount of driving time as we do. Oh man, it'll be good, haha.

Inside- Orange Park? I've never heard of it. I'm in the Half Moon district, actually just outside city limits.

InsideTheOutside20
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
My bad, I automatically thought it was Jacksonville Florida...

gabe_angelfire
06-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Fuck ya! Or we could sit and order pizza in line, or there is a BW3's just around the corner.

I SO want to do that! ...call from my cell phone and tell them to deliver it to the people in line for the TOOL show! That would be great!

andrewzipp
06-27-2007, 07:27 AM
I wish when NIN was touring they would have scheduled a month of concerts all right around me on weekends :) I had never had any desire to visit Huntington, WV until now, in fact, had never known it was just a three hour drive away. Are there really zero decent hotels in the area?

mercurykeith
06-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Ticket sales for this show aren't they great so far and they didn't sell out last time they were in Huntington.

The show didn't sell that great last time until day of I believe. It wasn't sold out but the place was certainly packed.

Also, a friend of mine just got his tickets down at the box office a week ago and they had the chart out showing what was sold and basically all of the cheap seats were gone, so maybe people are just being cheapskates like him. As long as they don't do something awful like cancel it I think there will be a crowd there for the show.

Only a week and a half now boys and girls!

InsideTheOutside20
06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I was down there on monday to get some tickets for my buddies and you are right... basically all that is sold out is the cheap tickets in the back and the ticktet closest to the stage.... but you can definately still get some great seats.

Curbed Enthusiast
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I wish when NIN was touring they would have scheduled a month of concerts all right around me on weekends :) I had never had any desire to visit Huntington, WV until now, in fact, had never known it was just a three hour drive away. Are there really zero decent hotels in the area?

There is a Holday Inn right beside the arena. It's not bad.

mercurykeith
06-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I was down there on monday to get some tickets for my buddies and you are right... basically all that is sold out is the cheap tickets in the back and the ticktet closest to the stage.... but you can definately still get some great seats.

Absolutely, I just think it's encouraging that it is at least selling. He said the woman who sold him the tickets had been off for a week or something and said that they had sold a lot while she was gone. I think come day of show you're going to see a lot of people inside the arena for Tool.

andrewzipp
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Looks like the Holiday Inn and the Raddison both have no vacancies for 7/7/07. I guess I'll stay in Ashland.

WVmetal
06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
A friend of mine got 2 rooms at the Raddison, Im not sure what the room numbers are but I know they are both dbl bed rooms. Looks like one of the miight be a post party room.

jblanton15
06-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey all, just joining this discussion...who all is form ashland?? i live behind KDMC...also, there is a hotel in south point, oh (between ashland and huntington) that is not too bad if you need one, the plaza in ashland is pretty good. What bar is everyone goin be at?

InsideTheOutside20
06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I am from Ashland. I don't know if I will go to a bar but if I do it will be the Monkey Bar... I'm not a fan of drinking... I only go there for the live bands.

jblanton15
06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Cool...I have heard of members of the band being seen before or after shows at restaurants, i wonder if this might happen here, and if so, where?

InsideTheOutside20
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I doubt it.

maxthruput
06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaawwwww

sorry couldnt resist.

iswingonthespiral
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I am also from Ashland and will hit the Monkey bar after the show. I am also going to the Cincy show in 2 days. Thinking about Youngstown as well on Sunday. The Radisson in Huntington is nice. Couldn't be more convenient either-right next to the arena.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Goddamn, you ashland people represent.

InsideTheOutside20
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Damn right.

I really don't like it here.

Curbed Enthusiast
06-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Damn right.

I really don't like it here.

C'mon, Ashland has a sweet Tim Horton's.

InsideTheOutside20
06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Is it really necessary to have two though?

Curbed Enthusiast
06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow...didn't know there were two. The one I go to is the one on the same road as the Paramount.

InsideTheOutside20
06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Theres one on Winchester Ave. and one on 13th Street near ACC.

Anyone want to share your seat locations (if you have reserved seating)?

iswingonthespiral
06-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I got GA seats which I has the last time they were here.

WVmetal
06-30-2007, 08:50 AM
So is there any truth that Big Business might play somewhere in Huntington after the show ends? One of the local radio stations is stating such a thing but cant confirm.

jblanton15
07-01-2007, 05:18 PM
haha...i love the fact that the unnecessary tim hortons in ashland is on this forum...i would think that the only place they would play after the show would be at the monkey bar. A-Town 4-life lol

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
4 days ladies and gents

dr funkmaster
07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
question for the locals and especially those that went to the last TOOL show a few years ago.... does the pit get really rowdy? Some shows I enjoy that but I think I would just get pissed at a TOOL show especially since I'll have a chick with me. I'd like to do the floor since I like to be as close as possible, but considering there are still decent seats available I may just go that route. thoughts?

(by the way, yes i know the floor is sold out now but i've seen cheap tickets available and could probably find some late releases on ticketmaster as well)

InsideTheOutside20
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Pits don't belong at Tool shows.... Most of the time there aren't any and if there is, it is usually a few idiots who don't know where the fuck they are.

By the way, the Cincinnati show was amazing.

dr funkmaster
07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Pits don't belong at Tool shows.... Most of the time there aren't any and if there is, it is usually a few idiots who don't know where the fuck they are.

By the way, the Cincinnati show was amazing.

i agree. i simply phrased my question poorly. i was trying to ask if the floor in general gets rowdy. i want to get close but i don't want people bumping into me either. at this point i'm definitely leaning towards seats just to be sure i won't have to move around to find a spot i like.

InsideTheOutside20
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't think the floor will be bad. I personally don't like the floor unless it is a small venue (like the a bar... and you really don't have a choice), but this concert is one that you will probably enjoy more from a seat... ***.

mercurykeith
07-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I agree man, go for the seats. There's always going to be that one guy on the floor who fucks it up for everybody.

dr funkmaster
07-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I finally ended this craziness and bought tickets. I have pretty good seats in Section 5 so I'm pretty pleased with that. See you guys on Saturday.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Definitely excited :) We've got another friend going with us...so 4 in our immediate group and meeting up with the 6 others. Good times.

mercurykeith
07-03-2007, 05:34 AM
God bless all you out of towners who are coming in for the show. I hope you have a good experience.

gabe_angelfire
07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
What time does everyone plan on arriving? Anyone with floor tickets up for hanging out in line with us?

the_shrike29
07-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Hope you guys/gals get something special for 7/7/7

InsideTheOutside20
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
What time does everyone plan on arriving? Anyone with floor tickets up for hanging out in line with us?

Got something against reserved seating people? lol

gabe_angelfire
07-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Got something against reserved seating people? lol

Yup!

*of course not!*

LOL, it's just that I would be surprised if someone with seats were hanging out in line at uh, say noon! But hey, the more the merrier! We can all redefine boredom together!!!

gabe_angelfire
07-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Hope you guys/gals get something special for 7/7/7

Hmmmm, I KEEP forgetting that Saturday is 7.7.07! Oh lucky day!

*crosses fingers and giggles* I HOPE it's lucky!!!

Curbed Enthusiast
07-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Hmmmm, I KEEP forgetting that Saturday is 7.7.07! Oh lucky day!

*crosses fingers and giggles* I HOPE it's lucky!!!

Considering we got nothing "special" in Youngstown, which is like 30 minutes from his hometown, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Still though, it will be amazing as usual.

gabe_angelfire
07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Considering we got nothing "special" in Youngstown, which is like 30 minutes from his hometown, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Still though, it will be amazing as usual.

That's what I figure...

(Tool aside) I was being a pervert anyway!

InsideTheOutside20
07-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I plan on getting some pics of Maynard's bus. I saw it in Cincinnati but didn't have my camera with me.

broughtb
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Ironton representin' over here! come by Section 15, front row, seats 17-20 to say hey!

dr funkmaster
07-03-2007, 03:01 PM
for those of us from out of town...any places or restaurants worth checking out in the area? i'm probably not going to get to town til 4 or 5 so that limits the possibilities for me, but i'd like to try some good local food at least.

broughtb
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
There's not much in Huntington that's unique to the area....My friend owns the Java Joint downtown, however. They serve good food, alcohol, and coffee (obviously). It's at the corner of 3rd Street and Hal Greer Boulevard, just down the street from the arena. It's directly across from the Marshall University campus and is a local hangout for the college kids. Hope you enjoy your stay here, should be fun!

Nietzsche's Dead
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM

Hell yeah :)

a friend of mine and I are going, we have GA (row 1, seat 8 or something :P)

but we'll be there pretty early, just to make sure we get close in time :D

gabe_angelfire
07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Hell yeah :)

a friend of mine and I are going, we have GA (row 1, seat 8 or something :P)

but we'll be there pretty early, just to make sure we get close in time :D

Sweet! PM me with contact info and we'll call you when we get into town!

UndeniableDilemma
07-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Me and 3 friends are making the 4 1/2 hour drive up from Knoxville for this one. Caught them in Duluth for the second half of that one thanks to my buddy not getting off work in time. But this show has a chance to be special. 7/7/7 and the last U.S. show before 2 in Canada...Might get a special, eh?

I_kNOw_THE_I
07-03-2007, 10:51 PM
What are the general rules of taking some drugs into the arena? does anyone know how hard it will be, would it be hard to smoke if you have actual reserved seating and not floor? any general tips?

WVmetal
07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Well with anything that is normally not allowed in venues/arenas is that you hide it well and noone gets caught. Lighting up in a seated seat can be a bit tricky cause theres usually someone checking that section but as long as you can hide the glow of the cherry when the lights go out ppl light up. I was at the Youngstown show and the security had ppl open up cig packs and anything that might look like it could hold anything so basically the rule of thumb is user beware. Good luck

mercurykeith
07-04-2007, 07:21 AM
for those of us from out of town...any places or restaurants worth checking out in the area? i'm probably not going to get to town til 4 or 5 so that limits the possibilities for me, but i'd like to try some good local food at least.

If you're looking for some just straight up grease food and a vibe unique to the area check out Hillbilly Hotdogs on 3rd avenue, right past Marshall's campus as you're heading towards the arena. Some of the best burgers and dogs you can find and it's not something you'll find anywhere else.

dr funkmaster
07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess my only other question would be if there are any free or cheap places to park where I can limit post-show traffic as well. I'm heading to St. Louis Sunday morning and was hoping to get some of the drive done after the show.

InsideTheOutside20
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, I don't really remember about parking because I never go to any shows or events at the arena. I usually just go to shows at the bars but when I do that parking is free... but thats not when this many people are gonna be looking for somewhere to park.

Also, everyone that is going should seriously spread the word about not doing stupid shit at this concert. I am pretty sure that everyone here already knows that, but how many idiots do you know that are gonna attend this show? We really don't need to piss off Tool again... we are lucky they even came back.

broughtb
07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
there's a large parking garage directly across from the venue, though I'm not sure how much it costs to park there. Lots of free street parking in the area, no charge on the weekends.

Nietzsche's Dead
07-05-2007, 04:33 PM
good thing It's just a walk down the road from my friends appartment XD

he goes to marshall. anyone else from marshall going? would just be crazy to meet people from here in person :P

jblanton15
07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
good thing It's just a walk down the road from my friends appartment XD

he goes to marshall. anyone else from marshall going? would just be crazy to meet people from here in person :P

I went to OU but my best friend goes to marshall and i live in Ashland. I'll be wearing a Merkin Vineyard Shirt (Maynard's Winery) and jeans.

dr funkmaster
07-05-2007, 05:16 PM
free street parking on the weekends...exactly what i wanted to hear. thanks for all the help guys. see you saturday!

iswingonthespiral
07-05-2007, 06:29 PM
My wife graduated from Marshall. We have GA tix and I will be wearing my Tool Army shirt and hat. We will be there by at least 4.

I_kNOw_THE_I
07-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I go to marshall.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
07-05-2007, 08:03 PM
So close! Anyone else NOT get their tickets in the mail yet? Yeah. Fucking ticketmaster.

Screw you people and the hotels, too! haha. Everything is booked pretty much.....so we're staying in an executive suite at the.. Puttman Plaza? I think it is. Suite. Party? haha. YES.

InsideTheOutside20
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Anyone seen the Chet Zar DVD that they sell at the shows? I was gonna buy it but don't want to if it sucks.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Ladies and Gentleman...............Tomorrow We see TOOL.
p.s. I go to Marshall

gabe_angelfire
07-06-2007, 05:47 AM
In five hours the long journey from Atlanta begins!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!!!

Curbed Enthusiast
07-06-2007, 05:49 AM
I've seen Tool five times this year, and sadly, the one in my home state is the one I'm most worried about. I really hope the redneck-mullet-confederate flag-budweiser folks stay at home to bang their sisters tomorrow night instead of ruining what should be an awesome show. Remember, this isn't Kid Rock hillbillies.

iswingonthespiral
07-06-2007, 05:57 AM
I completely agree. I live in Ashland and this will be my 5th show of this tour and I am holding out very little hope that the crowd will not be packed with a bunch of drunk rednecks screaming "Play Sober dude!". I know better than to expect an.ything special just because it's 7/7/07 also. Setlist will be similar to all the previous ones I'm sure. I hope I am wrong but I don't think I will be.

iswingonthespiral
07-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Hold on.....one more daaaaay!

gabe_angelfire
07-06-2007, 06:17 AM
I've seen Tool five times this year, and sadly, the one in my home state is the one I'm most worried about. I really hope the redneck-mullet-confederate flag-budweiser folks stay at home to bang their sisters tomorrow night instead of ruining what should be an awesome show. Remember, this isn't Kid Rock hillbillies.

Aw shucks, does this mean I need to go get my mullet shaved off??? I don't have that kind of money!

Curbed Enthusiast
07-06-2007, 06:20 AM
haha, well if it's only the mullet you've got going on, we may be okay. but once all of those things combine they form the ultimate douche. very transformers-like.

gabe_angelfire
07-06-2007, 06:23 AM
haha, well if it's only the mullet you've got going on, we may be okay. but once all of those things combine they form the ultimate douche. very transformers-like.

Well, I AM coming with my sister, and I MIGHT have a couple of drinks. But I tease about the mullet (the only girls that I know that have mullets are lesbians and I am not a lesbian! ...not that I have anything against lesbians... I'm just saying.) But, I promise to keep the douche-baggery down to a minimum!!! *LOL*

Curbed Enthusiast
07-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Haha, I believe you. Have a safe drive up!

InsideTheOutside20
07-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Seriously, Be safe everyone.

Maybe I will see you tomorrow... I just won't know who the fuck you are.
I will be the guy in the Tool shirt.

gabe_angelfire
07-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Seriously, Be safe everyone.

Maybe I will see you tomorrow... I just won't know who the fuck you are.
I will be the guy in the Tool shirt.

You'll be that guy? *lol* I was gonna be that girl! (What movie is that from? ...the "don't be that guy" line?) Who cares, right? I'll be the chick in the cowboy hat... either that or I will wear the shoes that are in my avatar! Or both! :O)

Everyone: Be Safe, Have Fun, I'll see you if I see you!

InsideTheOutside20
07-06-2007, 09:13 AM
You'll be that guy? *lol* I was gonna be that girl! (What movie is that from? ...the "don't be that guy" line?) Who cares, right? I'll be the chick in the cowboy hat... either that or I will wear the shoes that are in my avatar! Or both! :O)

Everyone: Be Safe, Have Fun, I'll see you if I see you!

I will have to look for those shoes! lol

mercurykeith
07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm going to hope the audience behaves themselves tomorrow. It's possible that most of the primates saw them in 02 are saving their money for Hinder and such. We can hope anyway. Alas, I'm pretty stoked for it, this is my only show this tour and I'm very much looking forward to it. Hope you all have safe trips and enjoy the show tomorrow night.

Curbed Enthusiast
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
You'll be that guy? *lol* I was gonna be that girl! (What movie is that from? ...the "don't be that guy" line?)

PCU. Great flick.

frb
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
The movie was PCU. I'm coming up from Asheville; where should we go before the show for food/drinks?

caexxx
07-06-2007, 11:23 AM
What does everyone think the odds are that they will play the pot and/or flood at this show

andrewzipp
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I think odds are fairly good that you'll get BOTH The Pot and Flood. I've got my fingers crossed for The Pot, but I'm hedging my bets :)

iswingonthespiral
07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I have heard The Pot a couple times but really want Flood and Right in Two. They are due for Opiate but that will not happen in WV.

mercurykeith
07-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Opiate should happen in WV though. It would be fantastic.

InsideTheOutside20
07-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I think the chances for Flood are decent. I don't think they will play The Pot though. If you look at the setlists from the last part of this tour, they haven't played it very often. I could be wrong though. I don't really care if we get it or not. I like the song but its not one of my favorites.

dr funkmaster
07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
i've heard flood at both shows i've been to this year, but it's so amazing live i wouldn't be disappointed if i heard it a 3rd time. i would prefer to hear pushit or right in two though, simply because i've never heard either live. (i've heard the salival version of pushit but never the album version they've been playing).

InsideTheOutside20
07-06-2007, 04:18 PM
I would love to hear Flood. I have never heard it live.

dr funkmaster
07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I would love to hear Flood. I have never heard it live.

you would definitely not be disappointed. first time i heard was 6/5 when they played it for the first time and my friends and i went crazy. that was such a great surprise. they didn't include the full intro though. the next show i went to i was hoping to hear something else and when it become obvious it was gonna be flood again i was only slightly disappointed. but then i realized they were gonna play the full intro this time and it was more than worth it....such an amazing song.

iswingonthespiral
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I heard Pushit inAtlanta the day before(6/4). Great surprise. Wish they would play Prison Sex. I have been teased with the intro twice this tour.

UndeniableDilemma
07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I would love to get AEnema as a closer regardless of what we get during the rest of the show. What I wouldn't give to hear, "Goodnight everyone, drive home safely...Hey hey hey hey hey!" But I know that we will get a hell of a show regarless. Small arena, no bad seats and a Saturday night show on 7/7/7....believe!

iswingonthespiral
07-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Aenima is my favorite Tool song and I have been fortunate enough to hear it as a closer twice on this tour. No song could be better to end the show with.

mercurykeith
07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I haven't heard Flood since 98, so it would be great to hear it again, with full intro of course.

WVmetal
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Under 24 hrs from now, the best thing to happen to Huntington since 2002(last time Tool played in WV) will have just occured. Everyone have a safe trip into "The Mountain State" greet ones at bars and steakhouses hell even buy them a beer(worth a try) and talk some music. Good times.

iswingonthespiral
07-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Good times indeed.

broughtb
07-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Indeed.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
they played flood and the pot on the 4th

embracingtherandom
07-06-2007, 10:54 PM
i cannot believe i'm going to see my first tool show on 7/7/07.

so what i wont have any more money after this show?! right?! right??

anyone having a pre-party in huntington? after party?

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 04:34 AM
BE NICE TO BIG BUSINESS!

This is where we fucked up last time (although I wasn't really booing last time).
Seriously.

I don't really like them, but they aren't that bad. The drummer is pretty good.

I_kNOw_THE_I
07-07-2007, 06:18 AM
I actually like big business a lot, it's like mini-melvins.

mercurykeith
07-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Todays the day folks!

iswingonthespiral
07-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah. Maynard was not happy about Tomahawk getting booed last time. I will take ANY band over Melt Banana.

GHOSTDOGG79
07-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Coming from Beckley, Were leaving soon, to wait in line, for the dude asking about pot, put a joint in a pen. Alcohol, maybe a bottle of water if they let u take that in and its Vodky, u can always put pot in a baggie in a hollowed out Zippo, or a tampon box. Most venues allow u take one bottle of water in. Ozzfest does. See you der. Imma take my cell phone in for pics, I may take a disposable camera in, I'm not risking my digital getting taken. Ill have on a FOR THE HORDE Warcraft shirt, and a Warcraft hat if anyone wants to say hey. Im eatin at a gas station, cause I'm poor, lol, Ill also be taking donations for gas, LMAO!

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Just don't use the flash on your camera.

mercurykeith
07-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Just don't use the flash on your camera.

Yeah, seriously. Let's act like we've got some sense this time people. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. This can be the difference between a good show and a great show.

iswingonthespiral
07-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I am heading up soon. Here's hope for a great show. See ya there. Feel free to say hey(or buy me a beer)-I will be in my tool army shirt and hat with my wife.

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, seriously. Let's act like we've got some sense this time people. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. This can be the difference between a good show and a great show.

Yeah, don't be the idiot that everyone posts about in the review section after the show.... you know, the one that people say that they should have died in a car crash after the show or that they should never have been born... That guy.

Edit: or girl.

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm leaving... see you all there!

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Damnit! Maynard's cowboy hat was crooked! Ruined my whole fucking show!
:P

Seriously though, it was a great show everyone. Pat yourselves on the back because we didn't fuck this one up.

gabe_angelfire
07-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm fairly certain that their room was next to ours *BIG F"N SMILE!!!!!!!*

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 09:27 PM
That is gonna need some type of explanation.

GHOSTDOGG79
07-07-2007, 09:46 PM
This was my first TOOL show and I agree with all I have ever heard, they are absolutely amazing! The lights, the effects, and the sound is mind blowing. Maynards creativity on the stage, humping his hat, it was all awesome. The dipshit crowd, however.... We were 4 rows back from the stage. At first it was OK, some bumping, shoving, nothing too bad. I've been to many shows in my life and I know how to deal with it. Then the drunks got loose, some fights broke out. Props to security for handling it very well. Anyways....I'm a big guy, I slowly made my way to the back 'cause I was hot and having some trouble breathing. So, I left my wife and her brother and a good friend, I walked upstairs and had a great view of the stage, the people upstairs had a great treat with the floor lights. I'm sitting there hearing Schism and watching the video thinking about my wife and how its her favorite song. Then I decide to go smoke. I just lit my smoke and my friend Shane calls me and tells me Mandi had gotten hurt. I go inside and meet them and find out a dude, let me repeat that, a DUDE punched her twice. Once in the mouth, and once in the left eye. So everyone told me the TOOL crowd is a stoner crowd, um no. Stoners don't know what the word punch means. Buuuuuut after it happed her brother walked her to the back and found the dude, because the lame ass ran away. \m/ And to make a long story short, the dude got his bitch ass knocked out. We're pretty sure he was assisted up by EMT's, wtf ever. They finally found my asthmatic ass. We decided to just leave. This was so upsetting man. I just don't get how some people feel the need to get so drunk that they end up punching random people in the face. I did go back and look for the guy and was told to leave. We're home now all the way back in Beckley. We still love Maynard and the guys. They didn't do it, they are merely artists conveying. However, the drunk redneck ice may help. KUNG POW BIATCH!

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Did anyone purchase the Chet Zar DVD? If so, what the hell is it?

GHOSTDOGG79
07-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I was wondering the same

InsideTheOutside20
07-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I found it...

http://www.chetzar.com/disturb2.html

Pewturd
07-07-2007, 10:49 PM
WOW! This was my first TOOL concert, and HOLY CRAP! They really rocked folks. And Big Business had a good set also. The drummer pretty much carried them. SO well actually that he came on stage and played with Tool for a great little battle. He's impressive, and we may hear from him again.

But what was up with Maynard still making the smart mouthed comment "Thanks for coming down here Columbus," insinuating that the people of Huntington aren't appreciative enough? That artsy-fartsy attitude is so gay... But other than that and him hurrying off the stage afterward while the rest of the band showed its appreciation for our absolutely amazing crowd. The crowd was great, but he ran off while the guys stood and waved, bowed, etc.

Oh and the 10min intros were a little uncalled for also.

Not meaning to complain because it was an absolutely amazing show. I'd like to see them again on THIS TOUR it was so good. I'm just psyched, at 3am. Time to bother my wife and get to sleep.

gabe_angelfire
07-07-2007, 11:13 PM
That is gonna need some type of explanation.

When we checked into the Pullman this morning the tour busses were parked out front and the chick at the desk told us that they had checked in here on Friday. Some of the people that we had talked to said that they were in the Governers suite on the 11th floor. My room is next to that suite :O) I was too shy/tired to make any attempt to verify my suspicions.. Besides, if I had actually run in to anyone... I would have pissed my pants, and probably stuttered, and then promptly shit myself. The security guard at the show said that they spent the day riding their bikes around town :O) Cool. I'm off to get some sleep but I will catch up with you guys tomorrow!

mercurykeith
07-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I found it...

http://www.chetzar.com/disturb2.html

Sooooo...what is it?

Worst part about posting today is knowing I won't be seeing them again. :(

mercurykeith
07-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Nevermind, I read on. So it's the stuff on the screens then? That could be pretty cool to just put on the albums and play that while you listen. I didn't even notice it at the show, how much was it?

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-08-2007, 08:00 AM
yeah i wanted it but my girlfriend already had two shirts and the damn poster picked out, fucking 86 dollars. So no DVD for me.

InsideTheOutside20
07-08-2007, 09:49 AM
To Pewturd:
IF you have seen Tool before, the fact that Maynard leaves quickly should be no surprise to you. If you haven't seen Tool before, now you know.... so get over it or don't go.

To gabe_angelfire:
That is awesome. I was gonna come up to Huntington yesterday to just fuck around before the show but I didn't. It would have been awesome to see them out somewhere.

To mercurykeith & Kangaroo:
The DVD was $25. You can buy it from Chet Zar's website, so I wouldn't worry about not getting it at the concert. The way he explains it, makes it sound like it is just 13 pieces of artwork that loop like at the shows. I mean that is cool and all but I'm not sure it is worth $25... maybe I'm wrong.

mercurykeith
07-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah $25 seems a bit expensive for that, but it would be neat to see the animations without all the other distractions of seeing them live. Sometimes I wanted to focus on those but then there were the band members, the crowd, etc.

Nietzsche's Dead
07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh fuck yes :)

I believe I creamed myself about 9 times :D

how fantastic. a wonderful version of lateralus, as well. oh, and everyone holding up their lighters along with justin? fucking beautiful :). the whole place was lit up

<333

InsideTheOutside20
07-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Did anybody notice that when the guy in tools crew brought out a bottle of beer to Justin during Lateralus, he dropped the bottle and it hit the bass and made a weird sound?

InsideTheOutside20
07-08-2007, 12:01 PM
The lighters did look awesome but when you see them at a much bigger arena like in Cincinnati, it really doesn't compare.

voodoochylde77
07-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Just made it back home from the trip.

Holy fucking shit. This was the closest thing to a religious or spiritual experience I've ever had. I've been singing these songs in my car for years and last night I got to sing with Maynard and tons of other fans.

Call me a pansy but I'm still getting choked up when I play my CD's.

This was my first show and absolutely awesome. I've never had anything like this...I don't even know what to say. The light show was great. The music was amazing. Maynard's vocals were jaw-dropping. The lighters near the end just brought everyone together as one collective pool of elevated enlightenment illuminating our way through humanity.

Holy shit.

Thanks for the best show I could ever have, Tool. This was my birthday and I could not have had anything better for it. I'll not miss another concert if it's within a day's drive.

Nietzsche's Dead
07-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Did anybody notice that when the guy in tools crew brought out a bottle of beer to Justin during Lateralus, he dropped the bottle and it hit the bass and made a weird sound?

No, I didn't!! But I did see him pour the beer all over his head Lolol

InsideTheOutside20
07-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I didn't notice him pour it over his head.. lol.

I noticed that someone in the reviews said that Danny and Justin lit up lighters in response to the lighters in the crowd... They did the same thing in Cincinnati so I am pretty sure it was planned and the crowd knew it was going to happen... I had my lighter ready. It looked amazing though.

gabe_angelfire
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Call me a pansy but I'm still getting choked up when I play my CD's.

Don't worry, nobody here will call you a pansy! If it makes you feel any better I left WV at 11:00 am this morning and arrived in Atlanta a couple of minutes ago (11:00 PM.) I listened to all of my CDs over and over again and cried for the entire last hour of my trip.

I'm feeling you on the religious/spiritual vibe as well. I've been listening to them since I was 14 (I'm 27 now.) This band has grown with me for over half of my life. When they first started their stuff was rough and angry... I had a reeeeeally rough childhood and Tool was there for me when I was a teenager as I went through feelings of anger and fear and isolation... Thier music gave me a way to release my feelings without turning to drugs etc... and as I have grown older I have healed a bit and gained and idea of who I am and what I want in life... and I think that they have matured in a similar way. If you listen to all of their albums in chronological order you can hear them growing and healing. Seeing them live just slammed the entire thing into focus for me... listening to them at 14 in my parents house all angry and feeling broken, and then now as a free thinking adult who is free to grow and learn... who is stronger and wiser... THAT I tell you is the closest to a "religious/spiritual" experience I have ever had... To feel that connection for a brief period of time, to see the big picture, to see up close how much work they put into what they do. It blew my f'n mind!

I hear people talk about how the shows on this tour pale in comparison to the shows "back in the 90's." This is the first time in my life that I've been able to afford to go to a show, so I don't know, but I think that anyone who fails to see how much this band has grown over the years is an elitist who is much more concerned with defining themselves as a "tool-fan" than really figuring out who they really are. But, that's just my opinion, I'm not out to offend anyone.

Sidenote: I have never been to a show where I was on the floor with a crowd that big... I was in the second row right in front of Maynard. (Yes, that was my cowboy hat... I told you guys I'd wear it!) OMG... The crowd in itself was mind blowing. The pusing.... the throb of the crowd... I f'n loved it!!!!! (except for the creep that ruined the beginning of Lateralis for me)

WOW! I'm so glad that I got to share this awesome experience with all of you!

InsideTheOutside20
07-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Don't worry, nobody here will call you a pansy! If it makes you feel any better I left WV at 11:00 am this morning and arrived in Atlanta a couple of minutes ago (11:00 PM.) I listened to all of my CDs over and over again and cried for the entire last hour of my trip.

I'm feeling you on the religious/spiritual vibe as well. I've been listening to them since I was 14 (I'm 27 now.) This band has grown with me for over half of my life. When they first started their stuff was rough and angry... I had a reeeeeally rough childhood and Tool was there for me when I was a teenager as I went through feelings of anger and fear and isolation... Thier music gave me a way to release my feelings without turning to drugs etc... and as I have grown older I have healed a bit and gained and idea of who I am and what I want in life... and I think that they have matured in a similar way. If you listen to all of their albums in chronological order you can hear them growing and healing. Seeing them live just slammed the entire thing into focus for me... listening to them at 14 in my parents house all angry and feeling broken, and then now as a free thinking adult who is free to grow and learn... who is stronger and wiser... THAT I tell you is the closest to a "religious/spiritual" experience I have ever had... To feel that connection for a brief period of time, to see the big picture, to see up close how much work they put into what they do. It blew my f'n mind!

I hear people talk about how the shows on this tour pale in comparison to the shows "back in the 90's." This is the first time in my life that I've been able to afford to go to a show, so I don't know, but I think that anyone who fails to see how much this band has grown over the years is an elitist who is much more concerned with defining themselves as a "tool-fan" than really figuring out who they really are. But, that's just my opinion, I'm not out to offend anyone.

Sidenote: I have never been to a show where I was on the floor with a crowd that big... I was in the second row right in front of Maynard. (Yes, that was my cowboy hat... I told you guys I'd wear it!) OMG... The crowd in itself was mind blowing. The pusing.... the throb of the crowd... I f'n loved it!!!!! (except for the creep that ruined the beginning of Lateralis for me)

WOW! I'm so glad that I got to share this awesome experience with all of you!

Wow.

Pewturd
07-09-2007, 07:01 AM
To Pewturd:
IF you have seen Tool before, the fact that Maynard leaves quickly should be no surprise to you. If you haven't seen Tool before, now you know.... so get over it or don't go.No need for attitude, wannabe tough guy.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-09-2007, 08:38 AM
No need for attitude, wannabe tough guy.

Hey, what the hell was that? He was stating a fact. This is all about opinions, let him have one like he let you have yours. Being on here all the time and knowing what we know...we all know that tool has long intros, maynard leaves the stage,and he makes smartassed comments.
This was my first tool show also but I knew what to expect. I've been a fan for a while now. That show was Tool, and thats what they do.
Do a little research next time, toughguy.

Pewturd
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Genius, could you not tell what part was him being a prick? Probably not, since you're apparently pretty good at it too. It was the "get over it or don't go" as if he's some word of wisdom who is to speak up for Tool. There was no need for that attitude about it whatsoever, same as there isn't for yours since you're out of context. There's no fact to "get over it or don't go." If that's just opinion, fine. And you're all about free opinion so I stated mine. You don't have to rush in to save the day. Get off his nuts dude. Swing from a tree branch, not testicles.

InsideTheOutside20
07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I didn't have an attitude and wasn't being a "tough guy"... I was just "stating a fact". In no way was I trying to be an asshole, so lighten up a little. I was giving you information that I thought you needed to know. When I said, "get over it or don't go", I was being 100% serious, meant to be taken with no attitude.

Chill.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-09-2007, 04:03 PM
pshhh lurkers.
Anyway, ITO20, where were you located during the show?

InsideTheOutside20
07-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Section 16, Row CC, Seat 5

You?

Kangaroo_hung_me2
07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
i thought the seats were good but it was a lie.
Sec 5 seat 6. had a good view of every thing but i'd have loved to been closer.
Sorry for speaking for you a few posts back, that guy just pissed me off with his original post, so i took the opportunity.

InsideTheOutside20
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
I thought my seats were pretty good. I had better seats in Cincy. I was really close there.

I don't mind the help man. I just hate when someone complains about the show. I could understand if they did something horrible like if they stopped playing or if the show just sucked but what we saw Saturday night was Tool. I am sure they could have went to some other venue where they would have sold more tickets or just not played there at all... but they did.

Everyone else enjoyed it I guess. The only thing you can complain about is the idiots in the crowd... Tool was great.

Maz46&2
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
But what was up with Maynard still making the smart mouthed comment "Thanks for coming down here Columbus," insinuating that the people of Huntington aren't appreciative enough? That artsy-fartsy attitude is so gay... But other than that and him hurrying off the stage afterward while the rest of the band showed its appreciation for our absolutely amazing crowd. The crowd was great, but he ran off while the guys stood and waved, bowed, etc.

First off, this isn't meant to sound confrontational so don't get shitty, it's just some observations.

I don't necessarily think Maynard was personally trying to upset Huntington. A lot of times he will try to rouse the crowd by saying things like, "Tuscon huh? Sounds more like Corpus Christi." It's just to get the crowd motivated. And 90% of the time Maynard will hang out with the rest of the guys on stage to wave at the crowd but is typically the first to leave. It's always been that way.

mercurykeith
07-09-2007, 06:22 PM
First off, this isn't meant to sound confrontational so don't get shitty, it's just some observations.

I don't necessarily think Maynard was personally trying to upset Huntington. A lot of times he will try to rouse the crowd by saying things like, "Tuscon huh? Sounds more like Corpus Christi." It's just to get the crowd motivated. And 90% of the time Maynard will hang out with the rest of the guys on stage to wave at the crowd but is typically the first to leave. It's always been that way.

This is the truth. It's just part of his thing. I've read some complaints about how "the band didn't seem into it" or whatever, but really that's just them. As was said earlier, what we saw Saturday was Tool, straight up. It wasn't their greatest or worst performance ever, but it was a solid one and pretty representative of what they do. I'm still very happy that they played here and gave us a chance to see them close to home and in a small venue.

Pewturd
07-10-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm aware of that, guys. Which is why I was saying that he left a little faster than usual, especially for a crowd that he was actually being friendly to in his own joking way. Sorry for the argument. I just think being tough on the internet is gay. Either drive here and do something or be quiet. Don't act internet tough. I know you guys feel me on that.

InsideTheOutside20
07-10-2007, 09:22 AM
I was not being "tough". I cannot stress that enough.

Welcome to TDN... :)

gabe_angelfire
07-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Let's talk about stinging bugs.

Aezarien
07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Let's talk about stinging bugs.

No Doubt

gabe_angelfire
07-10-2007, 12:04 PM
No Doubt

I found it wildly appropriate! I couldn't help myself! I was going to offer an immediate explanation but thought better of it. ...would've taken the funny away!

*goes straight to the corner*

Aezarien
07-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't know... when I said it to you I got that "WTF?" response so maybe it would make more sense if it was explained. Besides, it's a cute story so knock yourself out. A little levity never hurts.

gabe_angelfire
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't know... when I said it to you I got that "WTF?" response so maybe it would make more sense if it was explained. Besides, it's a cute story so knock yourself out. A little levity never hurts.

Aezarien is my sister and we are on our way to Huntington this weekend for the show... and I swear we both have ADD and we both have our own little ways of pointing out that we are having "one of those moments." Unbeknownst to me, that phrase just happens to be one of hers.

It's some ungodly hour in the morning because we decided to leave Charlotte, NC at midnight... I'm driving and at some point she randomly says, "Let's talk about stinging bugs." WTF??? What'd you say??? *geez, I must be REALLY tired, did she just say that*

Come to find out, our uncle used to say that when he was a kid as a way to change the subject when he was uncomfortable. All the negativity in here was getting to me so...

Lets talk about stinging bugs!

InsideTheOutside20
07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Cute story.

I just watched Transformers so lets talk about bumblebees.

gabe_angelfire
07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I sat on a bumblebee when I was five and it stung my ass!

gabe_angelfire
07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I can't wait to see Transformers!!!

InsideTheOutside20
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Its great.

Aezarien
07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't know but the next time I am getting in the pool in my undies like everyone else. The shorts and t-shirt were kind of heavy and clingy. Really. It sucked.

So who has some interesting road trip stories or experiences in general that are share-worthy? I'll read intently and promise not to mock them. Not publically at least.

gabe_angelfire
07-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't know but I just had a thought... remember how the security guard said that they spent the day riding bikes? I thought bicycles.... but I wonder if he meant motorcycles... since the big Harley dealership was but a block away. Remember when those motorcycles passed us while we were waiting in line? *hmmm* I wonder if that was them? Makes more sense than riding bicycles!

*chuckles... mental image of tool on a bicycle built for four*

InsideTheOutside20
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
*chuckles... mental image of tool on a bicycle built for four*

I have heard that Danny is a fan of Harley's... but I don't know if that is true.

gabe_angelfire
07-13-2007, 05:32 PM
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070708/NEWS01/707080371/1001/NEWS10

Here's an article about the show :O) Check out the photo album!

broughtb
07-13-2007, 05:39 PM
thanks for sharing the article and photo album!

InsideTheOutside20
07-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Interesting. Thanks.

havoc33
08-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I will never understand why this venue has a hard time selling tickets. Maybe as time goes by more tickets will sell but they still have floor tickets on Ticketmaster.
Why does nobody want to travel to this show?

I drove from Terre Haute, Indiana to the show in Huntington. I think it was worth it.