PDA

View Full Version : Mad scientist gunner at the end...

Tywi
11-19-2002, 08:19 AM
Two pretty general things about this video:

Firstly what are everyone's feelings about the setting of the video? What sort of place is it meant to be? On first impressions I assumed it was some sort of prison which the main character was escaping from... but many people have mentioned 'hotels' to me, and 'Maximum Tool' even said that the video is set in the main characters apartment. I know its meant to be your own interpretation, but I want to hear some other people's.

Also, has anyone noticed how cool that bit towards the end of the video is? Where the other claymation figure turns that big 'laser-thingy' around and you can see that its actually strapped to the figure of another character? I thought just the imagination there was pretty engrossing.

Windowlicker
11-19-2002, 12:09 PM
i think the enviroment is the characters own mind, he is lost in itself.

megadan
11-19-2002, 01:27 PM
he seems to be looking for something, one could postulate something within himself, that he knows to be there, but cannot see (the whole reaching into the floor thing). Perhaps a metaphor for the unconcious?

Macrame
11-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Well...in the FAQ it mentions that what inspired the song was somebody who was at his artistic best while intoxicated. Perhaps the video takes place in the person's mind (like Window licker said) but things are distorted and unclear, and the person is trying to find his way around. Searching for ideas (taking us back to the inspiration). Has anybody else noticed how when he looks down the hall one time the room sort of ripples ... as if it's liquid? I think that might have something to do with the distortion of his environment.

Christopher
11-19-2002, 06:28 PM
Yes i always admire the imagination of that object, teloscope, thing and how great it looks.