Tool
May 11, 2007
Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Ross
05-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Wichita has it's own thread.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TOOLwrench
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
finally,kinda pointless 3 days til the show,we could just post in the review section.

TOOLwrench
05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey Ross check your PM's................later bro

Ross
05-09-2007, 07:52 AM
FRIDAY IS MY FAVORITE DAY... FRIDAY IS NOW TOOL DAY bla bla... Bitter sweet for me boys my ol lady is leaving on thursday for 3 months and she was suppost to be going with me for our second show...

TOOLwrench
05-09-2007, 09:30 AM
wheres she going? military?

HCjarric
05-10-2007, 06:47 AM
I saw them May 11, 2006 for the small venue tour, and this one is exactly one year from that one. Danny's Birthday is today or tomorrow. Too bad we coordinate the entire building to sing happy birthday to him before the show starts or after. Maybe they'll do something special for us since it's his birthday and in his home state. Probably wishful thinking.
I'm coming in from Lawrence and don't want to drive back after the show. Anyone know where the nearest hotel is? Also what is everyone's plan before/after the show?

fibonacci
05-10-2007, 08:58 AM
"P.S. I double-dog dare you to play "Triad" in Wichita. "

-BMB

AbjectEvolution
05-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm driving in from Roeland Park, KS with my wife and 2 friends.

Does anyone know if they still have the white reflective stage on this tour?

TOOLwrench
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Has anyone noticed from last nights setlist they played right in two 2 nights in a row. I hope that doesnt mean we get fucked out of hearing it! Please play RIGHT IN TWO!
Save Pushit for OKC..............

rand()%0
05-10-2007, 10:58 AM
err, I kinda just got screwed, because my ride didn't buy tickets in time... and I have this ticket that I don't want to waste... so if anybody is driving from Kansas City to the show on Friday (tomorrow) could I hitch a ride? Also anybody coming back to Columbia, MO after the show or day after, whatever, please help me out here :( I guess I could sell the ticket to somebody but it's too late to send it anywhere

oh and hey what does bincount mean?

junior
05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know if they still have the white reflective stage on this tour?

Yes.

odiumtool
05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I saw them May 11, 2006 for the small venue tour, and this one is exactly one year from that one. Danny's Birthday is today or tomorrow. Too bad we coordinate the entire building to sing happy birthday to him before the show starts or after. Maybe they'll do something special for us since it's his birthday and in his home state. Probably wishful thinking.
I'm coming in from Lawrence and don't want to drive back after the show. Anyone know where the nearest hotel is? Also what is everyone's plan before/after the show?

Yeah dude, I was also at that show exactly a year ago tomorrow....First tool concert and seeing them tomorrow means that I will see tool 3 times in EXACTLY one year! We're from De Soto so it's a little longer of a drive for us, but we are staying at some shitty motel like 2 miles from the venue. We leave around 2:30-3:00ish and hope to get there round six.....Everyone enjoy themselves tomorrow night and let's show Danny just how crazy his hometown croud is.....

cirkus
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
TRIAD

rand()%0
05-10-2007, 03:29 PM
hey you from De Soto... do you have any extra room in your car? Is there any way you could pick me up from UMKC when you leave? I'll throw you like $20 or something if you can help me out

tabula.rassa
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
kansas on the day after danny's birthday.

good stuff... i wish i could be there. you know he'll be wearing that j-hawks jersey, and he'll kick out a little extra jams...

... soooo lucky ...

...those of you lucky enough to be there should follow HCjarric's idea and try to get a great fucking big happy birthday song together... ...i think it would be very easy to get at least the floor to do it if you start the word going around early enough...

...you should try to do it in the standard "intermission time" after wings 1-2...

...just a thought...

...PeAcE...

tabula.rassa
05-10-2007, 04:02 PM
somebody give rand()%0 a ride too...

...make him/her spring for the extra gas, that's only fair, but it would be a very cool thing to do...

i would take you, but i'm in dallas. and i'm not going to this show...

...but i would... ...seriously...

...PeAcE...

rand()%0
05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
573-881-5988 -- I probably won't have internet between now and then... I'm headed to KC here in a minute (from Columbia, MO) and I need to get from there to Wichita tomorrow, and back to Columbia after that, or KC and a greyhound station... name's Deej, call me if you can help out (my original ride might actually be able to go, I found them $55 tickets online, but no word yet)

seriously people, I've never seen tool before :(

Mims
05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
"P.S. I double-dog dare you to play "Triad" in Wichita."

-BMB

hmm maybe......

Ross
05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I can't fucking wait!!!!

TOOLwrench
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
me too,im getting chills man....pre-concert jitters. Hey i hit you back on Private message Ross...................Lets GO...........

rand()%0
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
pleease help meh.. :(

Emericana
05-11-2007, 07:13 AM
im drivin from boulder colorado to see the show... got some floor tix... fuckin leavin right about now. cant. wait.....

kineticat
05-11-2007, 07:49 AM
we got our own thread!

Hey rand, if you get this, i'll take your number and check with my ride... I don't know the guy but I'll ask him when he picks me up. We're leaving KC at 2...

man... i'm already freakin... hope to see you guys there...

oh and hey i'm down for singing happy birthday to danny after the show... let's do it!!! pass the word beforehand so a bunch of people are hip... hopefully they'll remember... LOL

Ross
05-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Anyone have a floor seat for tonight call me at 580-603-0707

rand()%0
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
yes yes call me and pick me up :) I'll throw down for gas

nmayhew
05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
"P.S. I double-dog dare you to play "Triad" in Wichita. "

-BMB

i hope that happens!

hushypushy
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
That'll be sweet if they play Triad...it would be nice to see them get back into that creative mood, maybe they'll start going through their back catalog and trying new covers like on the 98 tour.

K7_Leetha
05-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Who opened for Tool tonight? Any chance of Kinski dropping out of the OKC show (I hope, they suck).

rll
05-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I wonder if Rand made it?

TOOLwrench
05-11-2007, 11:59 PM
kinski played and after the first song i left during their set and came back for TOOL. Awesome show. merch was an arm and a leg..........like 40 bucks for a shirt

kineticat
05-12-2007, 12:00 AM
rand made it.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what a show.

ladycommish
05-12-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm also tired of all of the pot going around. Grow up. if you can't experience Tool sober, than you must be a moron. Its annoying,

grow up? LMAO. So smoking a little weed at a show makes one a moron? Interesting. There are people in their 30's and older smoking. Who cares? If you don't want to partake, don't. Leave those people alone. Unless they are falling all over you. Let people experience the show in their own way, as you did... in my opinion.

rll
05-12-2007, 12:22 AM
rand made it.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what a show.

Wow TDN is pretty fuckin cool.

TOOLwrench
05-12-2007, 12:31 AM
So were you there ROSS? tryed callin you back a couple times to tell you there were atleast 2 different people that had floor tickets for sale that wanted face value for them......hmmmm

jall
05-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Went to the show, 3rd show this tour for me, I was HUGELY disappointed. So disappointed, infact, that I am probably going to sell my ticket back for the OKC show.

Don't get me wrong the music was good, but what really disappointed me was Maynard's lack of communication at all with the crowd. He said one word the entire show outside of lyrics... one word - "fantastic" right before aenima. I think fans deserve a little more than that. It really isn't worth it to me to go by myself all the way to the ford center to hear the exact same setlist that has been going around for months. Yes, I realize they are throwing pushit in there every once in a while but I just don't understand why they don't change it up more. The crowd would go insane if tool decided to throw in the grudge, undertow, disp/refl/triad, parabol/parabola, h, hush, third eye etc. Really just one of those mixed in would create a huge response from the crowd.

it is frustrating really, I had a good time at the show - spent some good time with some old friends, but it really isn't worth the ~$120+ / show its going to cost me to continue following them throughout this tour if they're not going to change things

tony4007
05-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Went to the show, 3rd show this tour for me, I was HUGELY disappointed. So disappointed, infact, that I am probably going to sell my ticket back for the OKC show.

fuck u buddy fuuck you buddy fuck u buddy lol sell your ticket then you wanker and quit your bitching too. maynard doesnt have to say anything to the fans their music and his lyrics say enough.

K7_Leetha
05-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Don't get me wrong the music was good, but what really disappointed me was Maynard's lack of communication at all with the crowd. He said one word the entire show outside of lyrics... one word - "fantastic" right before aenima. I think fans deserve a little more than that. It really isn't worth it to me to go by myself all the way to the ford center to hear the exact same setlist that has been going around for months. Yes, I realize they are throwing pushit in there every once in a while but I just don't understand why they don't change it up more. The crowd would go insane if tool decided to throw in the grudge, undertow, disp/refl/triad, parabol/parabola, h, hush, third eye etc. Really just one of those mixed in would create a huge response from the crowd.

it is frustrating really, I had a good time at the show - spent some good time with some old friends, but it really isn't worth the ~$120+ / show its going to cost me to continue following them throughout this tour if they're not going to change things

What seats do you have for the OKC show? Price?

jall
05-13-2007, 08:42 PM
fuck u buddy fuuck you buddy fuck u buddy lol sell your ticket then you wanker and quit your bitching too. maynard doesnt have to say anything to the fans their music and his lyrics say enough.

positive contribution to the thread - A+

forgive me for having an opinion

jall
05-13-2007, 08:46 PM
What seats do you have for the OKC show? Price?
Had great seats, Section 115 - Row E

I tried to cancel through ticketmaster and just get the refund, which looks like it worked from their website although my online bank stuff is showing nothing about the refund, I will call them tomorrow and if I still have the ticket i'll sell it to you for face value if you still need it.

Another huge reason I won't be going is 5 of my friends bailed on me and I've already made 2 solo ventures to shows this year and to be honest 4 hour drive both ways by myself is a lot of gas money and other stuff. It is my first weekend of summer break so I think I may just stay at home and relax.

K7_Leetha
05-14-2007, 06:48 AM

I tried to cancel through ticketmaster and just get the refund, which looks like it worked from their website although my online bank stuff is showing nothing about the refund, I will call them tomorrow and if I still have the ticket i'll sell it to you for face value if you still need it.

Another huge reason I won't be going is 5 of my friends bailed on me and I've already made 2 solo ventures to shows this year and to be honest 4 hour drive both ways by myself is a lot of gas money and other stuff. It is my first weekend of summer break so I think I may just stay at home and relax.

Nah, just curious. I got tickets, just pondering getting better ones. Thanks anyways though.

rand()%0
05-14-2007, 08:11 AM
yay!

Ross
05-14-2007, 08:17 AM

Do you just have one ticket?

TOOLwrench
05-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Anyone notice at the beginning maynard picked up a pair of crushed glasses off the stage and put them on his keyboard thingy,who the hell would throw their glasses on stage? Hope people dont throw shit in OKC,maybe i should post that there........