Tool
May 17, 2007
Bossier City, LA - CenturyTel Arena

nvguy
05-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I'll be there... Sec 122 Row P... can't wait

toolsmellsgood
05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Can't wait. This will be my first Tool show. First time I've had the opportunity to see them and I'm pumped. Got great seats in Section 119 Row E. Been reading reviews of show and I honestly just cannot believe how a "true" fan can bitch about a setlist or whether or not Maynard decides to address the crowd after every single song. Honestly who gives a shit. Thats just me though. I'm just happy and grateful to get to see them play live. All Tool songs are great. It's Tool.

nvguy
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Can't wait. This will be my first Tool show. First time I've had the opportunity to see them and I'm pumped. Got great seats in Section 119 Row E. Been reading reviews of show and I honestly just cannot believe how a "true" fan can bitch about a setlist or whether or not Maynard decides to address the crowd after every single song. Honestly who gives a shit. Thats just me though. I'm just happy and grateful to get to see them play live. All Tool songs are great. It's Tool.

This too is my first Tool show... and I agree with you totally about people complaining... it seems so childish and dumb how people can complain about a setlist.... whatever... i can't wait

toolsmellsgood
05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
People may already know this but for all the people who got floor tickets for this show there WILL BE SEATS....NO GA.... I asked the people at Centurtel Center personally. I was just curious. I read about people who were wondering about certain shows selling seats but actually being ga..... One guy said he went to a NIN concert that sold floor seats but it was actually GA when he got there... This one is for sure seats just in case anyone was curious. Also just a little note... If you look at the seating chart on Ticketmaster.com.... it is WRONG.... the seating chart on the Centurytel center web page is the CORRECT seating chart. I don't know why they don't just post the correct one on Ticketmaster.com but oh well. Section 119 (where i'm at) is the closest to the stage on Adam's side.... and 107 is the closet section to the stage on Justin's side. I tried to get tickets in 107 because I'm a drummer and wanted to be closer to Danny but I was fine with the tickets that came up after I searched... didn't want to risk getting shitty tickets by going back and then they might have been taken... If any of you Bossier (and surrounding areas) citizens going are drummers I was in and won a few drum competitions at the Little Drummer Boy store the first few years they started it. Anyone remember me by any chance?

toolsmellsgood
05-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Well no one else is posting for the Bossier show except NV and I so I'll keep posting shit I guess. Is anyone else out there on this site going to attend this show? Oh and NV thats cool you're going to he BR show... I had tickets that I actually was able to get after the concert sold out for face value... That was before the Bossier show existed. So I went ahead and sold the BR tickets because I would have to take off work to go to that one and its just more convinient for me to attend the Bossier show.. Don't get me wrong... If I could, I would attend every Tool show but as long as I get to see them once its cool. So anyways hopefully more people will make some posts on this thing. Its only a few days away... Peace

nvguy
05-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Yea I'm actually from Lafayette, but going to LSU so when the Baton Rouge tickets first went on sale I jumped all over them but then the concert was rescheduled and was so relieved to know that it was going to be after finals... and about 2 weeks ago I just decided to go look on ticketmaster and saw there were pretty nice tickets available for Bossier so I picked up 3 for me and 2 of my friends... we'll be staying at the Shoney's Inn... can't beat cheap hotel price with pretty good breakfast.. I can't wait .. like I said it'll be my first show and then baton rouge next week for my 2nd.. never would've dreamed of this happening... is the Centurytel Arena small?

toolsmellsgood
05-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Centurytel Center isn't very small. It holds 14,000 people. I've been there a couple of times to watch some hockey games. It's a pretty big place. I think they are only using about half of the arena for this show. So even if you're further back, the view should still be decent. A friend of mine went to the Mississippi show last night and called me during it and let me hear some of the songs live. It was bitchin even via phone. I think one of the reasons Maynard is "taking it easy on his vocals" (according to reviews I've read) might possibly be because of the San Antonio show. This show has been postponed not once, but TWICE. So the band is probably going to want to give them one hell of a show. They might be planning on treating them with some songs they haven't done yet and some powerful vocals that he might be saving up for them. Who knows? I have a friend thats going. Can't wait. Can't believe its tomorrow. Looks like we might be the only two people that read these forums that are going to the show. Anyways Peace out NV and maybe we'll see you tomorrow and not even know it.

Oh and by the way NV... what time you planning on getting there? We are getting there pretty early. Maybe we could talk while we wait in line. It'll probably help the time go by while we wait for the show.

nvguy
05-16-2007, 10:01 PM
yea I can't wait... only a few more hours...
it does look like we are the only ones on here that are going... me and my friends are planning on getting into bossier around 2 and then i think checking into our hotel and heading over... id say the latest we'd get there is 4 but plans could change.. maybe we will see each other

toolsmellsgood
05-16-2007, 10:04 PM
yea I can't wait... only a few more hours...
it does look like we are the only ones on here that are going... me and my friends are planning on getting into bossier around 2 and then i think checking into our hotel and heading over... id say the latest we'd get there is 4 but plans could change.. maybe we will see each other

Thats cool man... we are leaving here about 4 which would put us arriving at centurtel about 5ish.... Doors open at 6:30 pm. This is gonna fucking rock.

Karmacoma
05-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty fucking pissed at Tool right now (and myself). I have floor tickets for the Tool concert tonight. Is it general admission? NO! They're going to have us in assigned seating. Yes, it said on the ticket where we would be seated, but I thought that was just something default that was on the ticket and that we would be able to STAND where we wanted. I was going to get there early like I did last time to make damn sure I was up front. Well, we got there today only to find out that we really are going to be sitting in a designated area on the floor. And the seats we have are shit in comparison to what it could have been. (Section 4, row B, seats 3 and 4). Since when did Tool start requiring chairs on the floor? I'm so pissed right now that I really can't consider them anymore than pussies. I understand why they did it. Over the years they've become very partial to order and "safety" at their concerts. But this is just flat out GAY. I haven't been as die hard of a fan as I was in the past and didn't keep up with how they were running the shows. I know that part of this is also due to my stupidity and reading more into the ticket than I should have. But I'm still pissed.

I wish I'd found this thread earlier. I haven't been to this board in almost a year.

jvalentine
05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
damn that sucks....the baton rouge show is GA

nvguy
05-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty fucking pissed at Tool right now (and myself). I have floor tickets for the Tool concert tonight. Is it general admission? NO! They're going to have us in assigned seating. Yes, it said on the ticket where we would be seated, but I thought that was just something default that was on the ticket and that we would be able to STAND where we wanted. I was going to get there early like I did last time to make damn sure I was up front. Well, we got there today only to find out that we really are going to be sitting in a designated area on the floor. And the seats we have are shit in comparison to what it could have been. (Section 4, row B, seats 3 and 4). Since when did Tool start requiring chairs on the floor? I'm so pissed right now that I really can't consider them anymore than pussies. I understand why they did it. Over the years they've become very partial to order and "safety" at their concerts. But this is just flat out GAY. I haven't been as die hard of a fan as I was in the past and didn't keep up with how they were running the shows. I know that part of this is also due to my stupidity and reading more into the ticket than I should have. But I'm still pissed.

I wish I'd found this thread earlier. I haven't been to this board in almost a year.

DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP! I doubt it was TOOL who said .. o yea.. all of our other shows lets have GA except for Bossier.. are you and idiot.. it was most likely the arena who made it not GA... Baton Rouge is GA .. and I believe almost every other show this tour was and will be GA... how dare you call TOOL pussies you dumb as ******

paraflux
05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Everyone complaining...

My friend had 2nd row tickets. When you got to the venue, you might have noticed that the first 2 rows had been removed for hockey... the arena forgot to put them back. So everyone in those first two rows apparently got dragged off to the upper sides, more or less BEHIND the stage. Be grateful.

nvguy
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
^^I thought I had heard some guys talking about that while I was walking through the venue...

Karmacoma
05-18-2007, 07:28 PM
DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP! I doubt it was TOOL who said .. o yea.. all of our other shows lets have GA except for Bossier.. are you and idiot.. it was most likely the arena who made it not GA... Baton Rouge is GA .. and I believe almost every other show this tour was and will be GA... how dare you call TOOL pussies you dumb as ******

Actually it wasn't the arena. They specifically said that TOOL required seats. There is no need to be a dick about it. I was just venting. Christ... And I can call them whatever I feel. Especially when I'm pissed. They have pussed out over the years. Every band does as they get older. Its practically mandatory. I also know it was not the arena because the last time I went to see Tool was at the Centurytel arena and it was GA. The NIN show we had there was also general admission. I know its not the arena. So you shut the fuck up. How dare you call me an idiot when you can barely control your temper. And there is a big difference between being a fan of Tool and being an obsessed lunatic. Of which you are the latter. If you think Tool is flawless then you have some serious issues. The only time I was ever that obsessive about Tool was when I was in high school. Grow up, you dolt.

By the way, I will say this. The Tool concert was absolutely amazing despite the shitty seating. (And yes, it was shitty. We were seated in an area where people and security guards were walking back and forth in front of us at all times. We could barely see shit and it was distracting.) Especially in comparison to the last time they played here. They were much more personal with the crowd as well as with each other. The big group hug they had on stage topped it all off. Lateralus was my favorite part and I loved the laser light show. The last time they played here they just seemed pissed to have to play here. Last night they seemed to love every minute of it. Especially Justin Chancellor. He was applauding with us the entire time after the show ended. It was awesome.