paraflux
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Tool
June 15, 2007
Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

pryingopenmy3rdeye
05-08-2007, 05:47 PM
This is an excerpt from an article from blabbermouth.net

The band has also booked another festival date, at Milwaukee's Summerfest, to add to its mid-June appearance at Tennessee's Bonnaroo event. Danny Carey told Launch that TOOL approaches festivals differently from its own shows. "It's this whole different vibe when you play at a festival," he said. "People have already had to go through so much, you know, especially if you're headlining. By the time you're on, you know, you don't wanna just drive them into the ground, you know. I think in those cases less is more, so we're happy just to play more rocking, straight ahead songs and not get too tedious 'cause it's not that kind of an environment. We'll save that for our own shows."

Is Danny basicly saying they are going to mostly play all of their singles?

Maz46&2
05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
This is an excerpt from an article from blabbermouth.net

Is Danny basicly saying they are going to mostly play all of their singles?

Basically. If you look at the Big Day Out festival shows from Australia this year the songs were typically something like:

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty-Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Of course you'd get Swamp Song and /or Opiate occasionally as well. No Wings or Right In Two, just the really heavy-hitting songs.

clem123
05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I really hope they play more of their trippy shit.. thats the kind of music for bonnaroo

SAGET
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I was hoping they STEPPED IT UP a notch, not DOWN.

bobbopperano
05-09-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah this is very upsetting to me

bobbopperano
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
third eye dammit!

pushit!!

bonnaroo has no time limit on sets, come on guys. make use of it!

Aire
05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
So Tom Morello is going to be there.....anyone think there is a possibility of him coming on stage and playing with Tool?

bobbopperano
05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
^ no chance

tool will not do any jamming or anything

but for fucks sake please keep the same set list or add more expansive songs!

nobody at bonaroo wants the hits.

Jeaves17
05-19-2007, 12:04 PM
This bothers me too. My hope was for them to embrace the spirit of Bonnaroo and add to their assortment. Pulling back just doesn't make sense. This is their best chance to prove what the guy from Phish said in Rolling Stone. They are the true descendents of the psychedelics; mystics manifesting the visible mind. There is no better place to showcase this to the entire music viewing public than Bonnaroo.

Third Eye. Pushit (bring Aloke). The Patient (bring Aloke). Disposition, Reflection, Triad. I hope they bring Morello on stage with them. Did I mention that they should bring Aloke Dutta?

SAGET
05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Who knows, they might.

Jeaves17
05-22-2007, 08:45 AM
One can only hope. This'll be my eighth Tool show and third Bonnaroo. I've been saying they should headline since my first Roo. Go to Jambase and read the vitriolic bs spewed by hippies about Tool at Bonnaroo. If they come out and play their hits, they'll just be proving them all right.

Novus_
05-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Seems like TOOL has been "jamming" a bit more recently during their shows. Getting warmed up for a certain hippie festival, perhaps? Looks like half the songs include "extended versions" now. Also, this seems to be the reason why a song or two from the earlier set-lists are being cut out. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Bonnaroo headliners are usually given however long they need (up to 2.5 / 3 hours) to perform. Will TOOL stick to the 2 hour format they've been doing this tour? Or maybe the extra time will give them the opportunity to add in the extended songs + Vicarious and Aenema (or another oldie). Guess we'll see. I'm sure I'll enjoy the show either way (even with seeing the guys 3 times in a week and a half). I mean...it's f-in' TOOL.

Cheers.

insaner
05-22-2007, 11:13 AM
shit yeah novus!

paraflux
05-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Seems like TOOL has been "jamming" a bit more recently during their shows. Getting warmed up for a certain hippie festival, perhaps? Looks like half the songs include "extended versions" now. Also, this seems to be the reason why a song or two from the earlier set-lists are being cut out. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Bonnaroo headliners are usually given however long they need (up to 2.5 / 3 hours) to perform. Will TOOL stick to the 2 hour format they've been doing this tour? Or maybe the extra time will give them the opportunity to add in the extended songs + Vicarious and Aenema (or another oldie). Guess we'll see. I'm sure I'll enjoy the show either way (even with seeing the guys 3 times in a week and a half). I mean...it's f-in' TOOL.

Cheers.

Good attitude

insaner
05-22-2007, 11:50 AM
novus is the man.

Chris_Brightwell
05-22-2007, 12:04 PM
novus is the man.Indeed. I smell a Tabernacle reunion.

hags28
05-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know if Bonnaroo will allow them to have their entire stage show, including the lazers? Alot of festivals require that you use the house system, lights, etc... Most festival footage I have seen from Tool on YouTube includes the stage screens, but I havn't seen any festival shows with lazers. I think if they can at least play their regular set with the usual visuals it will be outstanding in that setting. Although it would be a monumental Tool show if they have the visuals and also lengthen the set to about 2-1/2 hours (or longer of course).

SAGET
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
As long as they do what they do, I don't care. I'd really LOVE for them to put on something special because of the festival. I'd love to hear some old songs, see some jamming, whatever. But if it's like the concert I saw last year, I won't be disappointed. Many people complaining about them being there will be, but that doesn't matter.

pryingopenmy3rdeye
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Does anyone plan on doing any drugs (besides pot) during the tool show? I was wanting to find some shrooms there and eat some for the show but i dont know how i would handle all of the people.

Novus_
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
novus is the man.

Love you too, insaner. ;)

Me, you, Brightwell and any other AMTers will need to exchange #s and stuff a few days before the 'roo. I'll be in the RV section with like 10 other guys, and I know Chris will be living the life in VIP.

Chris_Brightwell
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I'll be in the RV section with like 10 other guys, and I know Chris will be living the life in VIP.We won't be that far away from each other.

I'll have some other friends in the RV section, too.

SAGET
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
And I'll be in the normal camp section :(

clem123
05-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I will be in staff camping

insaner
05-23-2007, 08:18 PM
its on! i dont even know where i will be. i will probably be in the camping section sunburning and gorging on beer and food one night, in novus' rv with an underage hippy chick another night and on a ufo watching tool whenever they play. who knows>? but i know i cant wait.

Chris_Brightwell
05-24-2007, 08:53 AM
The schedule is out.

http://www.jambase.com/festivals/festivalbase/page2.asp?ID=19

insaner
05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
2.5 hours for tool and no one on after them.

bobbopperano
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
^ i'll be a bit disapointed if they do a "normal" show, but i'll still enjoy the fuck out of it

2.5 hours should be plenty for some extended jamming with the king crimson boys :)

i'll be on acid :D

armmar
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I think the 2 and a half hour slot is really promising especially when you take into account they probably won't play Wings/10K Days since it's a festival...That opens up quite a bit of time to include some other songs, even though Wings is one of my favorites live, I'll see it twice this summer

bobbopperano
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
i see no reason why they shouldn't play wings

Novus_
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I really hope TOOL embraces the atmosphere of Bonnaroo and kinda give the crowd a no rules show. Headliners are given free reign to play longer sets, and also not everyone at this festival are TOOL fans, so it's definitely going to be different than any other show regardless. Just reading last years reviews on Radiohead (unfortunately, I couldn't go to that one), those guys blew everyone's minds, and I know TOOL can (and will) do the same thing.

I found also found an interesting article on The Police:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003588858

It talks about Bonnaroo being a different type of concert, and about "changing set lists" for the die-hard fans.

ED GEIN
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
2 1/2 hours is plenty of time to throw in a couple of songs they haven't been performing lately. I am hoping for a show of epic proportions.

Stoned Immaculate
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Are their festival shows usually this long? Pretty sweet. I can't believe how soon the festival is.

ED GEIN
05-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Are their festival shows usually this long? Pretty sweet. I can't believe how soon the festival is.

Most festivals in America don't have the headliners playing this long a set. Only at Bonnaroo and I am glad I will be there.

Stoned Immaculate
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Most festivals in America don't have the headliners playing this long a set. Only at Bonnaroo and I am glad I will be there.

Me too! Especially with this kind of crowd. There really shouldn't be much moshing at all, if any.

Stoned Immaculate
05-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know if Bonnaroo will allow them to have their entire stage show, including the lazers? Alot of festivals require that you use the house system, lights, etc... Most festival footage I have seen from Tool on YouTube includes the stage screens, but I havn't seen any festival shows with lazers. I think if they can at least play their regular set with the usual visuals it will be outstanding in that setting. Although it would be a monumental Tool show if they have the visuals and also lengthen the set to about 2-1/2 hours (or longer of course).

Hmm, i've always seen the headliners use their own stuff if it is vital to their show.

SAGET
05-26-2007, 08:39 AM
If any of you want to meet up for a beer or something, let me know.

Damn. My first Bonnaroo is in 18 days :)

armmar
05-26-2007, 01:23 PM
If any of you want to meet up for a beer or something, let me know.

Damn. My first Bonnaroo is in 18 days :)

Same here...Definitely won't be my last though...With the schedule coming out, my level of excitement has jumped substantially...So pumped

anu
05-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Seeing TOOL tonight in Birmingham and then Bonnaroo.

Such sweetness abounds. For me, the Friday schedule is the sickest of the weekend and TOOL will be part of a magickal mararthon day!!

armmar
05-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Friday's crazy for me too...I have almost no rest in between Rx Bandits, Tortoise, The Nightwatchman, The Roots, TOOL, Aesop Rock, El-P, and DJ Shadow

Stoned Immaculate
05-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Friday's crazy for me too...I have almost no rest in between Rx Bandits, Tortoise, The Nightwatchman, The Roots, TOOL, Aesop Rock, El-P, and DJ Shadow

what type of music does DJ Shadow play? As in what genre of electronic.

SAGET
05-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah Friday is amazing. Tortoise to the Nightwatchman to the Black Keys, to Tool, to STS9 and/or DJ Shadow. What a day.

Aire
05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
yea im with u guys friday night is going to blow my brains out the back of my skull.....tool gets at least 2 hours and 30 minutes maybe 3 hours so i have a good feeling we may get something special but if not i really dont care i love tool and as long as they play 10 of the 45 godly songs that they have i will be happy

shab
05-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Amazing line-up's, amazing festival. The guy behind me in line for the June Hamilton concert was going and made me one jealous fan.

Aire
05-31-2007, 08:25 PM
hey saget i would be doing the same thing but the black keys overlap the roots and the roots put on a show if u know what i mean. Im just freakin out about bonnaroo, for those who havent been its the best thing in the world really. So many different types of music and everyone truely loving it. Its fuckin tool man fuckin tool

Chris_Brightwell
06-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Here's my schedule, as of right now: dimwell.net/bonnaroo.html (http://www.dimwell.net/bonnaroo.html)

There are a few conflicts, but I'll sort those out soon enough. :)

My tickets are on a truck in Huntsville, just waiting to be delivered.

SAGET
06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Tickets arrived today. I didn't know they'd be as elaborate and awesome as they are. I am officially as excited as I can be.

Aire
06-01-2007, 07:12 PM
yea man they have been cool in the past but this is by far the most badass tickets I have ever seen. I am also officially flipping my shit about bonnaroo.

armmar
06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I may have to go to Roo every year from now on judging as from how excited I am now that tickets arrived

what type of music does DJ Shadow play? As in what genre of electronic.

I don't really know what particular genre of electronic music he'd fall under...I'm thinking if you enjoy electronic and/or hip hop, that would be the tent to be at Friday night

Stoned Immaculate
06-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I may have to go to Roo every year from now on judging as from how excited I am now that tickets arrived

I don't really know what particular genre of electronic music he'd fall under...I'm thinking if you enjoy electronic and/or hip hop, that would be the tent to be at Friday night

So like ghetto tech type stuff? Hmmm...

Anyways, the tickets are badass. So shiny....

erazorhead
06-02-2007, 12:12 AM
hey, i'd just like to wish you all good luck for this thing, it looks like a rad festival. i'd be there if i weren't so far away. i wish more than anything tool would play the more 'hippy' oriented festivals over here (aus.). have fun. 'zor

ChrisV
06-02-2007, 09:17 AM
yea my ticket came yesterday. this will be my 4th year goin down to the Roo...going solo this year because the people i was supposed go with backed out. gonna fly into Nashville instead of driving (i'll probably save money doing this) and then my buddy who's coming in from St. Louis is gonna pick me up the airport and i'll be with him and his lady friend all weekend. i'm stoked.

tooldude
06-02-2007, 10:03 PM
hey man since youre a bonnaroo veteran, i have a question.. how long does it take to actually get inside bonnaroo...i was talkin to a friend and they said you might have to wait in traffic for like 8 hours!? thats fuckin crazy...i hope thats not the case

Novus_
06-03-2007, 08:31 AM
i was talkin to a friend and they said you might have to wait in traffic for like 8 hours!? thats fuckin crazy...i hope thats not the case

I've only been one other year ('05), but 8 hours seems ridiculous. I'd say 4 or 5 hours at the most (and that's including the wait in the line, driving to your parking spot, and unpacking). It really just depends what time you get there. Thursday afternoon seems to be when most people arrive. I got to the gates around 2 AM Friday morning in 2005, and it probably took around an hour (maybe less) to go through the line and set-up camp. We'll be arriving a bit earlier this year, around 10 PM on Thursday night.

Chris_Brightwell
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I've only been one other year ('05), but 8 hours seems ridiculous. I'd say 4 or 5 hours at the most (and that's including the wait in the line, driving to your parking spot, and unpacking). w00t for VIP! :) It'll be less than an hour between when I check in at the super-secret VIP rendezvous point and when I set up my tent.

Stoned Immaculate
06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, seems like the best bet is to get there Thursday night since most people show up during the afternoon. I'm not really interested in anyone playing on Thursday except for Tea Leaf Green, who don't even play until midnight.

tooldude
06-04-2007, 06:03 AM
right on, thanks for your guys' input, were leaving here around noon on thursday and it takes roughly 6.5 hours so we'll see. same goes for me, i dont really care about anyone playing on thursday, just as long as im there by 9:00 friday night!

goldendawn777
06-04-2007, 08:49 AM
I'll be at the show, be my 11th time seeing them. Suprisingly after 10 shows this will be the first time I seen them not sober. But I'm ready for whatever it brings. Figured it's Bonnaroo, so it's my exception to seeing them in a non sober enviorment. If anyone wants to meet up that'd be cool, email me or something or look for me on myspace (pigweiser) and send me a message.

As for the setlist I would not be shocked if they busted out No Quarter for the fest. It's been many moons ago since I last heard it, but they very well could play that. Aloso perhaps Reflection we could here. We'll see, regardless it'll kick ass. Oh and Aesop Rock and String Cheese after is gonna kick ass, same with STS9.

***One last little tidbit and I think it can and will happen. If any of you followed Mr. Show you know that Maynard and Adam both were involved with it. As you can see Mr. David Cross is playing before and after Tool that night. Do not be suprised if some individuals make a suprise appearence. Not saying it will happen, but when the inital lineup was announced and Tool and Cross were both on it, knew as much. That's all I will say for now.

Aire
06-04-2007, 08:49 AM
thursday has alot of badass stuff such as david cross, clutch and rodrigo y gabriela

clem123
06-04-2007, 11:01 AM
***One last little tidbit and I think it can and will happen. If any of you followed Mr. Show you know that Maynard and Adam both were involved with it. As you can see Mr. David Cross is playing before and after Tool that night. Do not be suprised if some individuals make a suprise appearence. Not saying it will happen, but when the inital lineup was announced and Tool and Cross were both on it, knew as much. That's all I will say for now.

Weren't Tom Morello and Adam Jones in a band together in high school or something? I was hoping we would get lucky and see Tom Morello on stage for a song or two.. That would be amazing.

Chris_Brightwell
06-04-2007, 01:19 PM
... 10 days 'til Bonnaroo. I'm trying to get Kabir to come to Tennessee for the weekend, but he won't commit ... yet.

Anyone interested in a meet-up? I'll already meet up with Novus and insaner throughout the weekend (we've been friends for the better part of a decade and have all seen Tool and APC together many times).

Anyone interested in a semi-official meet-up?

chrisb
06-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I can't wait, this show should be spectacular!

Anyone else volunteering with Clean Vibes for the after show cleanup?

This is my first 'roo and I'm going solo. My friend that was supposed to go backed out but there was no way I'm missing Bonnaroo this year. I'm going to make the trek and set my stuff up in Tent Only.

I plan on arriving for the Roots and then making my way closer for when Tool comes on. I'm pretty sure my face is going to melt off during the show....but it will be glorious!

Novus_
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
... 10 days 'til Bonnaroo. I'm trying to get Kabir to come to Tennessee for the weekend, but he won't commit ... yet.

Tie-dyes and TOOL. Come on, Kabir.

Chris_Brightwell
06-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Tie-dyes and TOOL. Come on, Kabir.Tie-dye, TOOL, and the all-American a.m.t reunion.

Come on, Kabir. You know you want to.

Chris_Brightwell
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Anyone interested in a semi-official meet-up?Come on ... No one?

roomservice
06-06-2007, 01:26 AM
the whole

police > flaming lips late night show on saturday is gonna be sick

clem123
06-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I can't wait, this show should be spectacular!

Anyone else volunteering with Clean Vibes for the after show cleanup?

This is my first 'roo and I'm going solo. My friend that was supposed to go backed out but there was no way I'm missing Bonnaroo this year. I'm going to make the trek and set my stuff up in Tent Only.

I plan on arriving for the Roots and then making my way closer for when Tool comes on. I'm pretty sure my face is going to melt off during the show....but it will be glorious!

I am doing the same thing. I want to be front fucking row if I can do it.. Anyone wanna make a group so we can use the bathroom etc and not lose our spots?

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 08:00 AM
I want to be front fucking row if I can do it.. a) Good luck.
b) It's not worth the effort.

Novus_
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
a) Good luck.
b) It's not worth the effort.

Yea, true. In a huge f-in' festival, there's no way I'm getting to the front row.

Just watch out for the exploding hippie heads during TOOL.

And flying glow sticks.

chrisb
06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I'd be interested in some sort of meet-up before Tool's set. I plan on arriving and watching the Roots and staking out a decent spot for Tool. I don't really want to make the effort for first row or anything, but I'd like to have a decent spot.

If anyone wants to meet up before or after the Roots, let me know. It'd be nice to have a group in case someone needs to go to the bathroom, we don't lose our spots.

One week until I start my drive to Bonnaroo!

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I wonder if we could somehow resurrect the chickenweasel.

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
SUPERJAM ANNOUNCED.

Bonnaroo continues an annual tradition with an all-star SuperJam, starting at midnight on Friday, June 15. Former Led Zeppelin bass player JOHN PAUL JONES will anchor a trio featuring one of music's most innovative modern bluesmen, guitar wizard BEN HARPER, and Roots drummer AHMIR "?UESTLOVE" THOMPSON. The SuperJam is one of the most highly anticipated features of the festival, combining the talents of a diverse set of musicians for a one-time-only collaborative performance. Past participants have included Stewart Copeland, Herbie Hancock, Dr. John, Trey Anastasio, and many other musicians of the highest caliber - and if history is any indication, expect special guests to join the fun.

http://bonnaroo.com/just-announced-superjam-feat-john-paul-jones-ben-harper-and-ahmir-uestlove-thompson

HOLY SHIT.

I'm going to leave Tool's set, get some food, get something to drink, and go see JOHN PAUL JONES at the SuperJam. Here's hoping that Tool sticks around and sits in on this one.

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
JamBase has Tool listed as playing Thursday night AND Friday night.

http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?bandID=11604

If anyone can find a second source on this, lemme know.

Stoned Immaculate
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Hot damn! JPJ?! This festival just keeps getting better and better...

But yeah, I dunno about the jambase schedule...it is def. Friday they are playing...but hey if they play twice i'll be there for both haha.

SAGET
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Come on ... No one?

I'm interested.

armmar
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Christ, what a curveball...I have no fucking clue what I'm going to do after Tool's set on Friday...Decisions, decisions

Oh and I'd definitely be down with a tdn meetup

Novus_
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
JamBase has Tool listed as playing Thursday night AND Friday night.

http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?bandID=11604

If anyone can find a second source on this, lemme know.

Yea, they listed John Butler Trio as playing two days as well.

Unfortunately, this turned out not to be true.

Maybe it's some kind of glitch in the website?

Or maybe everyone going to Bonnaroo just struck the gold mine of TOOL shows?

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Or maybe everyone going to Bonnaroo just struck the gold mine of TOOL shows?... We now have the possibility of JPJ joining Tool on-stage for No Quarter.

armmar
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
... We now have the possibility of JPJ joining Tool on-stage for No Quarter.

I would wet myself

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I would wet myselfI would be little more than a red mist, I think.

SAGET
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I really don't think I could explain how that would feel to witness that.

Edit:

So, lately they've played Pushit and Flood! I'm really hoping that the reason for playing those is because they need practice for Bonnaroo.

MFF0RD6
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
just think if this is the setlist:

lost keys > rosetta stoned
stinkfist (extended)
the pot
46&2
jambi
schism (extended)
sober
right in two
pushit / flood / opiate (one of these three)
wings 1 and 2
lateralus (drums)
vicarious
aenima

i'll check back on 6/16 and see how many i got right. i had to sell my ticket, just can't make it this year

SAGET
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I hope that's not the set list, to be honest.

Well, I guess either way I won't really care. I'd just rather it be different.

Anyway, about that meet up... If any of you want to be blessed with the presence of Saget, let me know.

MFF0RD6
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
different how?

they're not going to play disposition > reflection > triad, are they?

Chris_Brightwell
I hope that's not the set list, to be honest. Seconded. I could do w/out LK/RS and Wings1/2[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd almost expect to see the return of both Third Eye and D/R/T, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd really like to see Tool make the most of their appearance at this festival, but I'm not sure that they'll stray that far from their standard production. :(

Chris_Brightwell
they're not going to play disposition > reflection > triad, are they?Why not? They played Flood last night.

MFF0RD6
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
i just KNOW i am going to regret skipping this show...

at least i can sleep soundly knowing i've seen them 8 times since 97

Stoned Immaculate
06-06-2007, 02:02 PM
On another note, what is all this chatter about Friday being a new moon and that somehow affecting Tool's set???

Chris_Brightwell
06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
On another note, what is all this chatter about Friday being a new moon and that somehow affecting Tool's set???Well ... it's a new moon. And you know how Tool is about weird occult stuff.

It's Bonnaroo. Anything is possible.

clem123
06-06-2007, 02:42 PM
The crowd should be great, which will help a lot

SAGET
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
The crowd should be great, which will help a lot

There's a lot of anti Tool stuff all over the internet, people saying they don't belong and etc. I'm hoping that they change their set list to prove that they do (meaning Third Eye, D/R/T)

chrisb
06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Holy shit! That's some incredible news. I was planning on the STS9 show, but I'm definitely checking out the SuperJam now!

If JPJ appeared with Tool for No Quarter, this could easily become a show for the ages!

I was ecstatic about Bonnaroo before, now I'm trembling with anticipation...

Count me in for a meet-up.

pryingopenmy3rdeye
06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know what time to get to the concert area to get a decent spot thats not too far back?

Novus_
06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know what time to get to the concert area to get a decent spot thats not too far back?

It really depends what "decent spot" for you means.

The big field in front of the mainstage is on a slope, so any view is a good one.

And for the most part, the crowd will be so amazingly chill, you shouldn't have a problem walking around to any section. Of course, the closer you get to the stage, the more cramped you'll be.

Aire
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
wow this superjam addition is really giving me chills and making me think tool may play no quarter (agreeing with what chrisb said) but i still feel that the amazing bonnaroo crowd + the good vibes of bonnaroo + amazing light show that bonnaroo puts on for headlining bands + the trey anastasio comment + stewart copeland telling bands to treat bonnaroo different than most festivals + a legend jpj playing the same night + friends of tool (david cross and tom morello) are at bonnaroo + 2 1/2 hour time slot + the new moon (i guess to add another thing) = a high probability for an extremely godly tool performance

Maz46&2
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
It'll probably be something like this:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six & 2
The Pot
Schism
Rosetta Stoned (maybe Lost Keys, maybe not)
Pushit, Sober, Opiate, Flood but not Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

As much as Third Eye or DRT would be awesome I'd doubt they'd play those at all but much less at a festival. I don't know, maybe I'll be wrong and they'll drop the big one but again it's doubtful at festival.

Novus_
06-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't know, maybe I'll be wrong and they'll drop the big one but again it's doubtful at festival.

This isn't just *any* festival, though.

And, I hope TOOL treat it as such.

armmar
06-06-2007, 08:44 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six & 2
The Pot
Schism
Rosetta Stoned (maybe Lost Keys, maybe not)
Pushit, Sober, Opiate, Flood but not Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

As much as Third Eye or DRT would be awesome I'd doubt they'd play those at all but much less at a festival. I don't know, maybe I'll be wrong and they'll drop the big one but again it's doubtful at festival.

The thing with your set is that it doesn't equal their 2 and a half hour slot...So you'd think they'd hafta include more stuff...This is gonna be my first time at Roo though so I'm not sure if bands have played shorter sets than their alloted time in the past

clem123
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
They have, Tom Petty only played for 2, i think the non-jam bands play a little less than the full from what I have read

ironchefchris
06-07-2007, 04:25 AM
still no one talkin about cleypool and danny carey perhaps? did anyone hear the stuff with adrian belew as a trio...awesome.

clem123
06-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Claypool wont be there =(

bobbopperano
06-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Stinkfist (extended)
Jambi
46 & 2
The Pot
Schism
Sober
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Flood
Right In Two
Wings 1 & 2
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Aenima

that would cover about 2 hours

also expect a guest somewhere in there.

armmar
06-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure if they're playin Wings and maybe even Right in Two...There was an interview with Danny Carey where he said for festivals they like to play straight forward in your face songs I think he put it...And this makes sense if you look at the Big Day Out setlist

Chris_Brightwell
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Les won't be there.

Aire
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
obviously this isnt any ordinary festival.....john paul jones is playing here i dont see that shit happening at cochella, lalapolooza, big day out and (insert any festivals ive forgotten). Also are you sure Tom Petty only played for 2 hours i could have sworn he played longer

clem123
06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
not 100%, i just remember talking to people who were dissapointed that he didnt fill his whole time

MFF0RD6
06-07-2007, 09:53 AM
yeah petty had a 3 hour slot, before he started i said "there's no way he will play for 3 hours". he played for 2, tops, i think more like 1 hr 45 minutes actually.

Stoned Immaculate
06-07-2007, 10:20 AM
well he is really fucking old soooo....

bobbopperano
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
there will CERTAINLY be something "special" here. or i will be forced to believe that tool are simply doing shows as a formality. which doesn't really bother me, i still enjoy the fuck out of it

Maz46&2
06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, Tool seems to be getting back in touch with their roots (Pushit, Flood) so maybe they will do something "special". Only bets I'll place are 1)Stinkfist (can't lose that bet) and 2) no Wings.

Aire
06-07-2007, 07:27 PM
i place a bet that they will play lateralus and wings

Stoned Immaculate
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I dunno...do they normally play Wings @ festivals....? Seems kinda out of place if you ask me...

gabe_angelfire
06-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Only a few more days until it's time to pack our bags and head to Manchester for the time of our lives! I want front row! I am interested in meeting a couple of like minded individuals who would like to meet up and do the same. I saw them in Greenville a couple of days ago and it was amazing, I'm sure they will bring out their best for Bonnaroo, it's NOT just any festival :O)

GeorgeinNY
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
this thread makes me so sad, because i am not going this year.

heres a few tips that i saw people were asking: in the tent only area, i think it makes sense to set up your tent as close as possible to the main entrance, shorter walks to and from the festival obviosly and stupid stuff like getting water or looking for a toilet.

if you want to get a good spot by the main stage go for the opposite side of the stage, the left side of the sound board. most people go for the right side since its the side closer to you as you walk in. the left side is much less crowded, I was able to get as close as front of the sound board and could have gotten closer if i wanted to. also thats where the platform is under which the power cables run, if you stand on that platform you get a better view, youre about i dont know 75 to 90 feet from the stage at that spot, it was good enough for me

goldendawn777
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I told you in my previous post about No Quarter, I guess this just strengthens that statement.

As for meeting up with people I'm down. Get a hold of me. In all actuality the easiest place to meet is at Centeroo next to the big giant Mushroom fountain. Where I always meet people.

Also anyone as excited as I am to see Jim Jarmusch @ The Bonnaroo Cinema tent on Sunday at 3PM? Oh shit they are playing same time as Bob Weir & Ratdog. Hmmm decisions decisions.

RKramer973
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh yes, the excitement begins. This will be not only my first Tool show, but my first Bonnaroo as well! Looking forward to good times with fellow Tool fans and fellow Bonnaroo-goers. Here's to fucking 90+ degree weather, sunburns, and 80,000 people, all gathered to celebrate music. If you ask me, how could Tool not plug into that environment completely and give the fans a truely amazing show??

bobbopperano
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
anybody see the toolshed post???

wishful thinking or foreshadowing??

a man can dream....

goldendawn777
06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
They will be playing No Quarter, because I have been hoping since their announcement that they play that. Same with PushIt. I'd hope for DemonCleaner but that's wishful thinking. I guess it's my psychic ability and practice in thelemeic mysticism that has allowed for this to happen. Or maybe I know more then others because I'm the know with people. Or maybe I'm an alien that has been sent from the mothership to deliver you this message. Or maybe, just maybe I'm kind of like Jacob on Lost. I'll keep you guessing.

SAGET
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Quick question- How much cash should I bring? Do they inflate the prices of everything (water, food) as much as they do elsewhere (theme parks, sports games, etc)?

bobbopperano
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
^ not quite as bad,

im bringing about $300

itll have to do

gabe_angelfire
06-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Here are some rough prices to consider: I have heard that a shower will cost you $10, pack of smokes $8 (God I wonder how much the beer at the beer fest will be...), water $4 etc... For the most part I'm only bringing enough money for consumables that I can't bring to the campsite. Aside from gas $, I mean $$$, I'd say I'm bringing 200-250. I hope that will be enough... My digital camera broke so I'd rather spend most of the extra cash I've got right now to get a new one before I leave. This is my first Bonnaroo... will there be cash expenditure opportunities that I have not taken into consideration?

tooldude
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
$10 for a shower?!..... wow

gabe_angelfire
06-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Sponsored by Garnier.... no less. Hmmm... maybe the shampoo is complimentary? After the third day, you KNOW people will be LINING UP for a $10 shower! *lol*

Chris_Brightwell
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
VIP = free showers. :P

The Irreverent
06-09-2007, 04:34 AM
Hey all...

I think as many of us that can, should meet up at some time prior to Tool taking the stage. This will be my umptienth show in ten years (I'll also be seeing them in Cincy ). I'll be with my wife and brother-in-law, and we're all huge fans. I don't know how something like this happens, but I suppose the next step is to decide on a universal time and place. Having never been to 'roo....any suggestions?

Stoned Immaculate
06-09-2007, 11:06 AM
the shampoo & conditioner is free

convolution
06-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I predict this will be the highlight of their career. The show will stripped away of much of the radio rock fanbase that they have and be replaced by chilled out hippies, Tool diehards, and lots of drug culture.

gabe_angelfire
06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
the shampoo & conditioner is free

Well that's nice! I've been told to seek out the "solar shower" at Wal-Mart and bring my own. (So much stuff to get, so little time!)

I can't wait! I'm arriving in Manchester on Wednesday evening and staying at a hotel nearby with friends. I'm the only Tool fan in the bunch (what a pity!) so if anyone is interested in meeting up for/before/after the show, let me know!

Speaking of being the only fan in the bunch, Convolution, I hope you are right and this show will serve to illuminate those who would otherwise only see Tool as a radio rock band. If it doesn't... fuck 'em! I'm there for MY own experience!!!

This is my first Bonnaroo... is it natural that I can't SLEEP I'm so excited??? Anyone else having the same problem?

The Irreverent
06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
The only problem I'm having is finding recreational 'tools' for the 'roo; i moved to the middle of conservative nowhere last fall (wife's job) and...well...its rough not knowing anyone of my kind here. The crappy thing is...my wife is a horticulturist, but we live on 20 acres of public garden, so I'm not allowed to cultivate. Getting old sucks.

Stoned Immaculate
06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
The only problem I'm having is finding recreational 'tools' for the 'roo; i moved to the middle of conservative nowhere last fall (wife's job) and...well...its rough not knowing anyone of my kind here. The crappy thing is...my wife is a horticulturist, but we live on 20 acres of public garden, so I'm not allowed to cultivate. Getting old sucks.

You wont have to worry about a thing once you get there. Except the policia.

gabe_angelfire
06-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I've heard that even the 5-0 are cool once you make it inside, as long as you're sensible.

tooldude
06-09-2007, 10:07 PM
yeah man how thorough are the car searches before you enter?....i gotta know how well to hide the goodies

tattooturtle1474
06-09-2007, 11:52 PM
This will be my first Bonnaroo too, but time is flying and I still got more stuff to get. Always more things to buy for a festival such as this. I had tickets for the Southhaven show for March; but then Danny hurt his arm and when it got pushed back to May. I could not afford it because of the Roo. So I sold my tickets to a friend of mine, and am now looking forward to Bonnaroo.

I really think that this will be a very special show; especially with JPJ there. I am trully hoping for "No Quarter". But even if it is the standard setlist, I won't be disappointed. I will just be there; face melted, in my own puddle of flesh. lol

Anyway, I found a site that can answer alot of peoples questions about Bonnaroo: http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi

Just check the fourms for answers to most of your questions.

Stoned Immaculate
06-10-2007, 02:25 PM
yeah man how thorough are the car searches before you enter?....i gotta know how well to hide the goodies

There is a really good forum called Inforoo, just google it. They have answers there about that kin of stuff.

Also I don't think they can legally search your car without asking. Unless there is a reason, of course.

Edit: The previous post beat me to it... ;_;

pryingopenmy3rdeye
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I was wanting to eat some mushrooms for the tool show. Does anyone think I will have a problem finding them before the show? Are there people just walking around asking you if you want any drugs or how does that work?

Novus_
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I was wanting to eat some mushrooms for the tool show. Does anyone think I will have a problem finding them before the show? Are there people just walking around asking you if you want any drugs or how does that work?

um....you will have no problem at all finding what you want.

At The Mars Volta show at Bonnaroo '05, 'shrooms were passed around like candy.

Bonnaroo is crazy.

Drugs or no drugs, you'll have a blast.

The Irreverent
06-10-2007, 08:19 PM
um....you will have no problem at all finding what you want.

At The Mars Volta show at Bonnaroo '05, 'shrooms were passed around like candy.

Bonnaroo is crazy.

Drugs or no drugs, you'll have a blast.

I'd prefer to blast with. My brother in law said coffee cans, and then reglue the lid and seal.

gabe_angelfire
06-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm such a scaredy cat... shrooms sound like so much fun but I'm so worried that they'd make me feel like crap or something and ruin the show :O( I think I'm going to have to be sober for the Tool show... Everything else... well.... :O)

GeorgeinNY
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
coming back to NYC from coachella last year i met a dude on the plane who flew out there for tool and missed them because of a bad trip, some shit freaked him out so much he split before they came on. true story.

reading my post i realize i missed mentioning that was for radiohead. my guess is as long as you get there by the time the previous band gets on you should be able to get close.

showers were 10 bucks last year and about a 15-20 minute walk from my camp, so not fucking worth it. i suggest saving your water bottle empties, fill em up with water from a faucet nearby (there are waterstations in the camp area) and give yourself a shower like that. thats what i did. or bringe a sponge or something. or you can jump in that big fountain.

also if youre looking for food just go to praters barbacue, you wont find better food and it was only $4 for a sandwich, seriously i must have ate there all weekend, they were set up at the back of the main stage.

small bottled water was 3 bucks a pop, but i think the faucet/water fountain water was pretty damn good, as far as taste and availability, so you could refill that way. with the heat like it is, you gonna need a lot of water, for sure.

Aire
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
BONNAROO!!!! 4 days away

Obscenename
06-11-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm pretty fucking stoked.
I can not wait, it's going to kick ass I'm going to be tripping nuts chilling with new ranodm people and kickingback with my old friends. Good Times are coming.

gabe_angelfire
06-11-2007, 08:09 AM
coming back to NYC from coachella last year i met a dude on the plane who flew out there for tool and missed them because of a bad trip, some shit freaked him out so much he split before they came on. true story.

SEE! Now I don't feel so bad for being such a chicken!!! It's going to be a Kick Ass show regardless!

I'm all packed up and ready to roll! Two and a half more days of work and I will be on my way!!!

The people I'm going with SUCK and are not interested in being anywhere close to the stage for Tool... they want to lay out a blanket and chill somewhere. Sissies! I'll meet you guys in the front row ;O)

goldendawn777
06-11-2007, 08:29 AM
All I know is whewn my ass gets there first thing I'm doing is heading over to get me some Alligator mmmmmmm.

Also finding your stuff won't be a problem, just be aware that some cookies you may buy may be way more potent then you think. Trust me I know. Eating a 1/2 of one when your only supposed to eat a 1/8 then going to Flaming Lips was not fun. Well it was just having people in Rabbit/Bunny Outfits on stage, huge giant balls floating around the area and a crazy ass projection screen was way to much.

I may just do some mescaline or peyote, can handle that better then I can ingesting pot/ganja/hash. Plus doing that on Tool will put me in another world all together, yet I'll still be able to hold normal conversations with folks. Weird!!!

Oh and lastly, who knows maybe you'll hear some Third Eye here. Some feedback/noise/jamming then slowly fades into it. Never know, but if I were to suprise folks with it then that's how I'd do it.

goldendawn777
06-11-2007, 08:35 AM
I almost forgot, the beer tent is pretty damn reasonable actually. Probally about $3-5 a ticket. To top it off it's not no shitty beer either. Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada, uhhh the one in Colorado which brain fart is making me forget. So it's all good beer and some of it is 8-10%. So I'd say Beer Tent is way to go, but last time I went they had Magic Hat at a few select beer stations so look around and see where they are. Same price as tent and open all night till 3/4AM.

gabe_angelfire
06-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I almost forgot, the beer tent is pretty damn reasonable actually. Probally about $3-5 a ticket. To top it off it's not no shitty beer either. Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada, uhhh the one in Colorado which brain fart is making me forget. So it's all good beer and some of it is 8-10%. So I'd say Beer Tent is way to go, but last time I went they had Magic Hat at a few select beer stations so look around and see where they are. Same price as tent and open all night till 3/4AM.

mmmm beeeer :O) Sounds good in theory but I'm not having a drop! Last thing I need is a hangover!

I'm such a retard! I've been trying to figure out where you're from... round on both ends and hi in the middle. Past two days I'm like what the fuck is he talking about... Just now I got it! *blaming this one on the excitement* Duh!

bobbopperano
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
i will be taking 2C-I for the tool show.

wish me luck yall

hahaha

melvintillius
06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
So, I'm not going to Bonnaroo for work reasons. I envy all of you fuckers. TOOL is gonna melt the faces off of that place, and hopefully make some believers out of some skeptics.

Apparently, an XM station is broadcasting Bonnaroo "again this year". Has anyone heard anything about this. Is it true that there is no other music going on when the main stage acts are on? My intial guess would be that TOOL would not want to be broadcast. However, what if it is a stipulation in the contract with Bonnaroo? If so, you can bet that I'll be recording that shiznit.

HomeDepot
06-11-2007, 04:09 PM
i will be taking 2C-I for the tool show.

wish me luck yall

hahaha

HAHAHA, Me and my friend will also be taking 2C-I for the tool show, sweet...

chrisb
06-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Correct, during the headliner each night there are no other acts playing.

I have not heard what will be broadcast of Tool's performance. I'm crossing my fingers, but I bet very little, if any, video gets released.

I leave in 2 fucking days!

Aire
06-11-2007, 10:13 PM
2 days till i leave and im freaking the fuck out gonna have to pop a xanax bar to chill me out

Chris_Brightwell
06-11-2007, 10:15 PM
OK, here's the plan.

Friday, around 2pm, I'm planning to be near the fountain. Yell out, "CHICKENWEASEL!" and I'll respond in kind.

Beyond that, if you're in the mood, belt out a good "CHICKENWEASEL!" and see who responds. Odds are you'll find another Tool fan and, depending on who reads this, another toolnavy member.

tooldude
06-12-2007, 06:25 AM
i highly doubt tool will let them broadcast their performance.... remember coachella last year.. the whole thing was streamed online except for tool..

gabe_angelfire
06-12-2007, 07:50 AM
*note to self* CHICKENWEASEL! I'm going to do it and if you just sit back and laugh at me I'm gonna kick your ass! *LOL*

It's almost time kiddos! Pack your crunchy granola and some clean underoos and prepare for one hell of a ride!

goldendawn777
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
mmmm beeeer :O) Sounds good in theory but I'm not having a drop! Last thing I need is a hangover!

I'm such a retard! I've been trying to figure out where you're from... round on both ends and hi in the middle. Past two days I'm like what the fuck is he talking about... Just now I got it! *blaming this one on the excitement* Duh!

I'm glad that you were able to figure it out, it's a little joke that we say sometimes to people.

As for hangovers it's like Bonnaroo has some sort of magical powers about the place. Like the show Lost and powersthe island holds. At Bonnaroo I have been super drunk at night, but somehow managed to wake up the next morning about 9AM with maybe 5 hours rest hangover free, cooking out and getting ready for the day's festivities. If you drink don't do much during the day, wait till it gets dark out then go gun ho you should be fine. Do it in the day you'll either pass out after the headliner and miss night events or dehydrate and end up in a medical booth.

Then again most people aren't to smart and think drinking and doing other activities all day long is a good thing.

gabe_angelfire
06-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Moderation is key, that's for sure!

bobbopperano
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
^ festivals are the land of mircales. trip every day, drink as much as you can, smoke your lungs to shit, sleep for 3 hours and you'll feel fine the next day.

when you get home, however.... expect to feel like shit for a good week.

gabe_angelfire
06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
....Sounds like fun! One and a half days of CRAP *ahem I mean work* left and then I'm on my way. The party starts tomorrow night!

Obscenename
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I woke up today thinking today was wensday and I started packing my car, and then I looked at my calendar and realized today was tuesday. I cried inside. I have nothing to fucking do today! All I can htink about is tommorow as the first day of my trip.

gabe_angelfire
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I woke up today thinking today was wensday and I started packing my car, and then I looked at my calendar and realized today was tuesday. I cried inside. I have nothing to fucking do today! All I can htink about is tommorow as the first day of my trip.

What are you waiting for?!?!? Just get up and go! Camp in the Wal-Mart parking lot! *everyone else is doing it*

insaner
06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
just found out i got a free vip ticket. eat it, commoners!

Chris_Brightwell
06-12-2007, 01:27 PM
just found out i got a free vip ticket.Now I'll NEVER sleep.

insaner
06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
hey get on aim, i need to ask you something.

chrisb
06-12-2007, 02:40 PM

That's a hell of a surprise!

bobbopperano
06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
i'm gonna have a saonce for no quarter tonight

who's with me

jamesbrownsplit
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty excited. Tool>STS9...two of my favorite bands in a few hours. To those who want to check out the SuperJam...*** you should just check it out for a few minutes and then head to anything other than SCI. That SuperJam line up is really awkard.

Oh and for anyone worrying about high prices...You can pretty much buy anything you want on "Shakedown" or in the camping area. Standard lot prices for some of the essentials...good beers 1 for 3, 2 for 5. Pack of cigs 5 dollars. Pretty reasonable. Grilled cheese, veggie burritos and other similar food will also probably be sold in the camp grounds for very fair prices.

gabe_angelfire
06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I'll pimp out some PB&J reeeeeal cheap!

Insaner... you are blessed my friend! Hooray for you!

Chris, still laughing about the Chickenweasel. My friends greeted me with blank stares when I told them about that one!

In 23 hours I'll be in Manchester :O) Fun will be had by all!

dice5199
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Perhaps Stewart Copeland will join Tool for the extended part of Lateralus.

Just a thought that came to mind after reading an article in which he says that one of the bands he is looking forward to seeing is Tool.

A link to the article is below...

www.spinmagazine.com/bonnaroo07/2007/05/070525_bonnaroo/

insaner
06-12-2007, 05:55 PM
"shakedown" laughing my ass off at that one. this thing is one big ass commercialized skull fuck. i cant wait!

jamesbrownsplit
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Dude...there will be people selling shit all over the place. Usually there is one main place where a ton of people will be vending in the campgrounds...thats called shakedown. Unless hippie folk and bonnaroo have changed a ton in the last two years it will be the same this year. Since there is no more Phish, there isn't any more summer tour, but a ton of people will fund their travels and ticket by selling stuff while they aren't seeing shows. Laughable I guess, but maybe you will be suprised.

From Wikipedia...
"Shakedown Street is also the name given to the vendors tent set up area at an out door music festival. Vendors tents are most commonly the "E-Z up" style tent sold at wholesale stores. They are usually lined up in a long row at the music festivals, resembling a street."

Chris_Brightwell
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Chris, still laughing about the Chickenweasel. My friends greeted me with blank stares when I told them about that one!
They're clearly not up-to-speed on their Tool/t.d.n history.

http://toolshed.down.net/tour/fall96/:

This fall, the mailing list decided that if you were going to see Tool live, all you had to do was yell "Chickenweasel!!!" as loud as you can, right after they play "Stinkfist". Amazingly, the "chickenweasel"ing was rampant, and even carried over into the following spring tour in many foreign dates. Even the band noticed our little ploy. Mwaha. In fact, reports indicate that cries of "chickenweasel" have even surfaced at local small-band shows and at certain animated feature length movies starring two guys whose names start with B. Thanks to all who participated in the campaign, becoming themselves a part of t.d.n and Tool lore.

gabe_angelfire
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I see... *shrug* I suppose ya can't know everything :O)

Stoned Immaculate
06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Leaving in a few hours. See you suckas there!

Novus_
06-12-2007, 10:46 PM

How the f did you pull that one off?

The Irreverent
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Okay fellow toolies....

I've been doing a ton o' research on this whole car search thing. I've read TN laws, etc., and advice from an attorney who has represented unfortunate Bonnaroo clients in the past.

My conclusion is this: be polite and DO NOT CONSENT!!! PERIOD.

The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution/Bill of Rights, protects you from unwarranted searches. So in other words, use COMMON SENSE the entire road trip and throughout the weekend.

The main responses given by arresting TN officers for searching or arresting are:

1. Speeding; this means one mile over speed limit. Don't speed.

2. If you see a cop has pulled someone over, SLOW DOWN and pull into the left lane. IT IS A TN LAW TO DO SO, and is the second reason given for TN police to pull you over.

3. Keep your car clean; i.e. don't have any papers, roaches, bowls, bongs, etc. in plain sight. If you get pulled over, the ONLY legal way a cop can search your car is if he sticks his head in your window and sees ANYTHING that would warrant a search; this includes an empty plastic bag with greasy Fritos remnants.

If you get pulled over, keep your window CRACKED so the cop can't stick his head inside. If you are asked to step outside of the car, do so, but lock it and put the keys in your pocket.

Fuck it....i'm too tired. You're all big enough people. If you are packing and want to feel better about your trip....watch this and it will answer many questions. It is a MUST VIEW!!!! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3435730304776119545

Also, here http://norml.com/index.cfm?Group_ID=4565&wtm_view=penalties, and here, http://norml.com/index.cfm?Group_ID=3405.

If you do not consent to a search, then the cop has to go to a judge to get a warrant; and the cop MUST have visible evidence that warrants bothering a judge to issue a warrant to search your vehicle. He cannot arrest you. He cannot take you to jail. Just be courteous.

By the way....I'm packing.

bobbopperano
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
i just rolled 20 blunts for bonnaroo. yes. 20 blunts. wow

that was fucking exhausting but will be so worth it.

http://photos-380.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v96/35/63/811380/n811380_35833904_9384.jpg

erazorhead
06-13-2007, 05:34 AM
awesome, Jack Inslee. again, i'd like to wish you all the best of luck for this. bonnaroo sounds like about the greatest thing ever. our festivals are ghey. have fun.

Brightwell: is that your cat??

insaner
06-13-2007, 07:37 AM
How the f did you pull that one off?

one of my best friends is a pretty big vendor there. see ya tomorrow night!

Chris_Brightwell
06-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Brightwell: is that your cat??
No.

clem123
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
nom nom nom nom

Chris_Brightwell
06-13-2007, 10:17 AM
nom nom nom nom

CORNCAT!

jamesbrownsplit
06-13-2007, 11:14 AM
please...not here. no corncat bullshit. the inforoo people are too weird.

bobbopperano
06-13-2007, 11:17 AM
i don't understand what corncat is

Chris_Brightwell
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
the inforoo people are too weird.haha. i imagine they're pretty tame, by most 'roo standards.

insaner
06-13-2007, 01:17 PM
nom nom nom nom

RKramer973
06-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm trying to remain calm, it's not easy though. I've packed and called my fellow trippers and everything is working out...this is it. It's finally here!! Tool at Bonnaroo. As far as Friday goes, having the Roots play before Tool should work out beautifully...grab a good spot for the Roots, watch my first Tool show, then head over to STS9 and that's just the first night. I'm getting happier and happier, more resltess as time goes on...here's to ROO!

Chris_Brightwell
06-13-2007, 01:32 PM
As far as Friday goes, having the Roots play before Tool should work out beautifully...grab a good spot for the Roots, watch my first Tool show, then head over to STS9 and that's just the first night.
Wow ... Your first Tool show? Here's hoping it's a special one.

I almost don't remember my first Tool show. :(

tomatoms
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
i'll be seeing tool for the 12th time. as if that signifies redundancy. it doesn't. i am VERY pumped about seeing Feist, Tortoise, Ween, STS9, and many others (DAVE CROSS!). Jack if you wanna hang out man..

tomatoms
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
it'd be great if they jammed out third-eye right as i hit my peak.

tooldude
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
oh man, david cross is fuckin funny..i cant wait for this shit... im leaving tomorrow around noon...

bobbopperano
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
leaving NYC tonight, midnight.

let the games begin fuckers

Novus_
06-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Leavin' in about 15 hours...

See everyone there!

tooldude
06-14-2007, 07:01 AM
well dudes im leavin for bonnaroo.... see you at the farm!

Rhapsody
06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I can't even express how lucky all of you are. Tool, Gov't Mule, Flips, SCI...the list just goes on. Have fun!!!

RKramer973
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow ... Your first Tool show? Here's hoping it's a special one.

I almost don't remember my first Tool show. :(

Thanks Chris! I'm hoping for the same, but then again, how could Tool not deliver? This all came about due to standarized testing and Danny's broken arm. I was originally going to go the Birmingham show on April 13th, but I had the ACT the next morning. But then Danny broke his arm and the show was made up later, but Bonnaroo was just too good to pass up. So regardless of how, I'm going, I'm there. See you all there.

sonnyboy11
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
How come this is not stickied in the reviews section?

edit- ah, gettin ahead of myself!

grimLoK
06-15-2007, 01:11 AM
all this talk of bonaroo is making me sad. i will not be there. although having seen TooL five times to date, anytime i could possibly miss seeing one of the (if not THE) best bands of rock history (TooL) play with one of the surviving members of one of the (if not THE) best bands in rock history (zeppelin) it makes me sad. i hope anyone who sees this potential event take place really appreciates it. but, i don't think the setlist will disappoint. even if they play the standard 10,000 days setlist, it's still freaking TooL! i last saw TooL in birmingham and was not disappointed at all. i find it's best not to read the reviews (especially the setlists) until after the show. it's not a bad thing to go in unprepared or be suprised. have fun at bonaroo!!!

MFF0RD6
06-15-2007, 02:23 PM
new rumor: tom morello to sit in with tool tonight (!)

Cheesegreater
06-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Lucky fuckers. Have a great time.

ProfoundHaytred
06-15-2007, 02:59 PM
i just rolled 20 blunts for bonnaroo. yes. 20 blunts. wow

that was fucking exhausting but will be so worth it.

http://photos-380.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v96/35/63/811380/n811380_35833904_9384.jpg

You are my hero.

junior
06-15-2007, 03:29 PM
'Normal' setlist with Flood, plus The Pot, and the return of Aenema.
Also a guest or 2. Tom Morello on Adam's guitar an extremely high possibility.

Maz46&2
06-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Are you just reading the setlist before the show as a spoiler?

waroco
06-15-2007, 05:51 PM
tom morello with tool...what the fuck!!!

paraflux
06-15-2007, 06:01 PM
setlist is being relayed to me by chris_brightwell as the show progresses

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=81918

Rhapsody
06-15-2007, 07:57 PM

maxthruput
06-15-2007, 10:01 PM

fucking nailed it dude....

InsideTheOutside20
06-16-2007, 08:19 AM
tom morello with tool...what the fuck!!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that but if you know anything about Tool's past you will know that Tom had a fairly large part in it.

P-Digi
06-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that but if you know anything about Tool's past you will know that Tom had a fairly large part in it.

Anxiously awaiting some reviews of this and the superjam and whether or not anyone from Tool was involved...

waroco
06-16-2007, 09:10 AM
insidetheoutside, yeah man i know that rage and tool are very close (know your enemy, revolution) especially between tom and adam with the sheep band. I was saying what the fuck because i was utterly fucking speechless. That one song, lateralus i believe, would have made my year.

Shit man we all know our tool history or we would not be here.

sonnyboy11
06-16-2007, 09:11 AM
That's a great f'in setlist.

P-Digi
06-16-2007, 11:59 AM
From the www.jambase.com blog (they cover Bonnaroo thoroughly every year:)

"While the day offered a lot of really good music not a whole lot felt transcendent in the way one hopes for at a big festival like this. This comment isn't offered with any meanness of spirit - I have nothing but HUGE respect for the musicians here - but there's an indefinable thing one waits for at a place like Bonnaroo. And it arrived in the form of Tool. Disorienting and shaking, Tool mixes the grandeur of Holst's The Planets with the seamless, subconscious tapping power of Pink Floyd and the mountain shaking tendencies of heavy metal. In a word, stunning. For a festival that's consciously avoided "aggressive music" this was a big step forward and the capacity audience at the main stage signalled that attendees are into it."

From www.billboard.com:

"Tool drew a massive crowd to the main stage for a set heavy on material from the band's latest album, "10,000 Days," including the single "The Pot," as well as older hits such as "Stinkfist" and "Schism." Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello joined the group near the end of its set for "Lateralus" and conjured a tornado of sound from his instrument. Earlier, frontman Maynard James Keenan teased the dusty, dirty audience by gloating about the hot shower he had taken. "Thank you for putting up with our cynical attitudes," he said near the end of the performance."

dice5199
06-16-2007, 12:22 PM
My comment is in regard to the first post in the review section that was sent in by a user named dirtyfeet. I do not want to break the forum rules, so I'll post here.

This was my first time really hearing Tool & they rocked. I was talking to two "toolphiles" - that's what they called themselves, before the show & they informed me that the set was pretty much the same for the last two tours plus/minus one or two songs. IMHO that is pretty lame. Anyhow, like I wrote they rocked! Standing in a sea of sweaty hippies trying to manage the psychedelics in my body I had an epiphony - Imagine a repeated pattern with very little variation. Perhaps the ticking of a clock. It is so simple and trite that your mind begins to filter it out. The ticking continues and your attention begins to wander. You think about something else, and pretty soon you can't even hear the clock and its incessant, redundant ticking. You crave stimulation. You want life to surprise you. You want life to amuse you. You want to be delighted. You want an alternative. So maybe you turn to drugs, violence, strange sexual practices, prostitution, body modification, extreme sports, pornography, crime. These alternatives are provided for you, within the system. Someone already thought of them many years ago. But you'll do anything to avoid having to listen to that ticking of the clock. You are bored. You cannot sit still. You want to escape. You want a life that is more dangerous and edgy. You don't want life to have a simple answer. You want to feel alive and engaged. You want to rebel and defy the predictable ending to the movie that is your life. So maybe you listen to Tool. They make you feel much better, because the songs that are in 4/4 employ basic syncopation and elementary polyrhythms. He sings through a distortion pedal. The drummer occasionally de-activates his snares so that he will sound more tribal, like a bunch of hippies banging around at a drum circle. There is very little chord movement or harmony. Nevertheless the trance-like state that continued to consume me was indescribeable. Welldone. I only have one complaint - and I can't really do that - is the lack of an evolving setlist. I have travelled with different bands for many years and I just think that the fans going to more than one show deserve to hear a varied setlist. Rock On!!!

Dirtyfeet seems to be criticizing Tool and the fans for a lack creativity. I find this ironic considering that dirtyfeet's "epiphony" was taken almost word for word from a video on youtube by drzoltan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Tb5U8riXE

shab
06-16-2007, 05:18 PM
My comment is in regard to the first post in the review section that was sent in by a user named dirtyfeet. I do not want to break the forum rules, so I'll post here.

Dirtyfeet seems to be criticizing Tool and the fans for a lack creativity. I find this ironic considering that dirtyfeet's "epiphony" was taken almost word for word from a video on youtube by drzoltan.

Ouch! ironic.
That video is the biggest piece of nonsense I've heard&seen.

InsideTheOutside20
06-16-2007, 06:00 PM
insidetheoutside, yeah man i know that rage and tool are very close (know your enemy, revolution) especially between tom and adam with the sheep band. I was saying what the fuck because i was utterly fucking speechless. That one song, lateralus i believe, would have made my year.

Shit man we all know our tool history or we would not be here.

Didn't know how you meant it.

waroco
06-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Didn't know how you meant it.

no problem man...i would give my left nut to have seen lateralus with morello

junior
06-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you just reading the setlist before the show as a spoiler?

At the time of posting I reckoned everyone going to the show was already there.

Maz46&2
06-16-2007, 10:08 PM
At the time of posting I reckoned everyone going to the show was already there.

Ah, I thought at the time that Tool had already played but it was kind of early so I wondered...not that I doubted you for a second.

jwb
06-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Short article and a MJK pic from the Roo.

http://www.spinner.com/2007/06/15/tool-prove-that-lasers-are-indeed-cool-at-bonnaroo/

Sp00k
06-17-2007, 08:59 AM

Very nice catch, and Zoltan is a hipster douche.

Chris_Brightwell
06-17-2007, 07:01 PM
*twiddles his thumbs*

Maz46&2
06-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Was it just me or did that "Lateralus" jam session with Tom Morello have some suspiciously "Triad"-esk sounding parts?

Timshel
06-17-2007, 07:18 PM
So what did Morello do exactly? Was it a duet with Jones or did he out right substitute for him?

Maz46&2
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Check out the review section for the Bonnaroo show and [there is] an mp3 sample on the setlist. Again, maybe it's just wishful thinking but I thought I heard just a small "Triad" sounding part.

Aire
06-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Im pretty sure I called the whole Tom Morello thing from the beginning but i got shot down........

3eyeswide
06-18-2007, 02:06 AM
no problem man...i would give my left nut to have seen lateralus with morello

You said it man. At least it was posted on the concert review page, and holy shit does he not just tear it up, but completely destroy. From reading the setlist, I think that if I had attended this concert that I could die happy the second after it was over. They played more songs than they had in any other show so far this tour, including The Pot which I think I saw that they only played like one other time so far, and they played FLOOD which they didn't play when I saw them in Albuquerque on 5/8 (would have given my right nut to see that before I would eventually give my left nut to see Morello in Lateralus). But yeah, you better really know how lucky you were if you got to see this show, assholes!

Amish
06-18-2007, 08:02 AM
The show was, without question, the most amazing thing I have ever seen, and probably will ever see. It was flawless (aside from both adam and justin breaking strings mid song, but i digress), and morello was fucking epic, as was the freakishly large amount of laser action

Stoned Immaculate
06-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Did anyone hear Tool's sound check on Friday morning?

I heard from someone that they were playing 4 degrees...but they weren't a huge Tool fan so I don't know if the source is trusted.

Can anyone confirm this?

Chris_Brightwell
06-18-2007, 01:19 PM
I listened to most of the morning soundcheck and didn't hear it.

Stoned Immaculate
06-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Ok thanks...

anyhoo - if you go here you can see some pro pics from the show under friday

http://www.bonnaroofest.com/gallery/

MFF0RD6
06-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Anarchy in the UK??? huh??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/toolian/IMG_0326.jpg

maybe that was just their way of saying "Tom Morello is going to jam now"

46inme
06-18-2007, 06:45 PM
"Thank you for putting up with our cynical attitudes," best thing I read so far. Like he was refering to the the band. Ahhh Maynard you farceur.

junior
06-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Did anyone hear Tool's sound check on Friday morning?

I heard from someone that they were playing 4 degrees...but they weren't a huge Tool fan so I don't know if the source is trusted.

Can anyone confirm this?

To the best of my knowledge, Tool did not do a sound check at Bonnaroo.
The crew did a line check on Friday morning, and again on Friday night right before the show.

Stoned Immaculate
06-19-2007, 12:16 AM
ok the photos are gone now...

what's the deal...

Stoned Immaculate
06-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Anyways...what other shows did you guys catch besides Tool and what did you think?

I saw:

Ben Harper (only caught the last few songs, but it was enjoyable)

The Flaming Lips (left about 4 songs into it because the singer wouldn't shut the fuck up...plus i'm not a huge fan anyway)

Gov't Mule (after walking away from the FLips I happend to get there right as JPJ started jamming with them...I made a seriously good decision.)

Ziggy Marley (caught the last few songs, but again it was enjoyable...he's a Marley)

The Black Keys (very impressed with this show, I have always wanted to see them live)

Galactic (caught the last few songs, they were as good as always especially with the Kashmir rap thing at the end...but i've seen them before)

Keller William's new band (I like his solo stuff tons more. I dunno, but when I was there it was kinda boring...)

STS9 (Always a favorite of mine. Unfortunatly I kept falling asleep in the nearby field because I was so drained from Tool. But again, i've seen them before.)

Gogol Bordello (Probably my favorite show besides Tool. Eugene is awesome. I had tons of fun.)

Flight Of The Conchords (I've wanted to see them for 2 years now...so it was highly enjoyable. There were some annoying people in the crowd though that kept asking them to play certain songs.)

The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello is cool, but I couldn't really get into it. I'm unsure if I would've liked it if it wasn't Tom Morello.)

Tea Leaf Green (I think their guitarist is great, it was a fun show.)

Mute Math (I had never even heard of them, me and my friends just had nothing to do so I was like "Lets go check out the and that makes their own instruments...and they blew me away. I would definitely try and see them again.)

I caught pieces of a lot of other shows...but those are the ones I was there for a good amount.

3eyeswide
06-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Im pretty sure I called the whole Tom Morello thing from the beginning but i got shot down........

LOL ya you did and no one has acknowledged it up until this point, so I will be the first one to say nice call.

Emericana
06-19-2007, 06:26 AM

wow. if only they actually played that song

jwb
06-19-2007, 06:39 AM

I think MJK just makes up something funny to put there. The setlist in Greenville, SC, had

'Foggy Mountain Breakdown'
and Richmond had
'If you like Pina Coladas'

in that spot.

xyno512
06-19-2007, 06:49 AM
one of the best sows I've ever seen. everyone around me freaked out at the light show and when Tom Morrello appeared. plus ending w/ aenema!!!!! wish you where there!!!!!

MFF0RD6
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
do you think a bootleg of this show will surface? i heard tapers were not allowed to tape tool?!?

Chris_Brightwell
06-19-2007, 09:35 AM
do you think a bootleg of this show will surface?
Yes.

Johnny Truant
06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
did you get a good recording brightwell?

sonnyboy11
06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I got your download out of the reviews section for Lateralus Chris- thanks! Tom sounded pretty damn good. I am hoping that maybe Trent Reznor or Thurston Moore might come out with them when I see the Pukkelpop fest in Aug.

dice5199
06-19-2007, 04:53 PM
This post is in response to a user named roomservice, who posted in the review section.

the flaming lips were 10 times better than tool.

after seeing them 3 times in 2 months, tools show wears thin.

very scripted.

hats off to the FLips for stealing the show from the headliners.

tool is a really great band, and they encourage their fans to branch out and think for themselves and try to be original in every way...
yet, they play the same boring set, like bonnaroo is no big deal.

in no way was i impressed. the shortened set in san antonio, the sub par corpus christi set, then the bonnaroo set where they left 45 minutes early.....i mean..wtf?

tool probably didn't jam with jpj because they brought out morello. and they are friends...
they probably didn't stay long enough to meet jpj.

and yes, the police are overrated.
thats why i showed up 2 hours early to FLips.
wayne and stephen actually looked like they gave a fuck when they were playing.
as opposed to adam standing in the same spot for 1 hr and 45 min.

If you went to a Tool concert expecting to see a revamped setlist every night, you went to the wrong place. If you went to a Tool concert expecting to see band members hamming it up on stage, you went to the wrong place. It's unfortunate that it took you 3 concerts in 2 months to realize this. Next time don't go in with heightened expectations. It doesn't matter what you see, you'll be let down with that mindset. Go in with no expectations and surprise yourself.

Would I like Tool to change up the setlist more? Hell yeah. But, when it comes to the repeat listening value in their songs, the other bands that I have heard just don't compare.

I'll say this about the Flaming Lips. I've never seen them live, but I've seen enough on Youtube to get an impression. Great visual display, even if it is gimmicky. The front man and his band/entourage really make an effort to get the audience to like them. These are good things. There is just one thing about them that is lacking, and it's a really important thing.....THE MUSIC!!!

I can see why you enjoyed the Flaming Lips, but to be honest, basically everything I've heard from them sounds like an out-of-tune nursery rhyme.

Comparing the Flaming Lips to Tool is like comparing apples to oranges. If you want to see a concert that produces group fun with balloons and glowsticks, people jumping up and down while waving their arms in unison, then go see the Flaming Lips. If you want to see a concert that is more introspective, then go see Tool.

I did not go to Bonnaroo, but judging from the reviews, this show was probably as good as you will see from Tool in the year 2007. If you didn't like this show, then maybe you need a very long Tool concert hiatus to say the least.

Stoned Immaculate
06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah...I can't believe anyone would think the FLips stole the show. You are sadly, sadly mistaken. As the poster above said before, they are lacking the music. Their shows just cater to people on drugs - and even then, I don't know about you but if i'm tripping the LAST THING I want to hear is some douchebag on stage going on about the war. It's ok if he says one or two things, but a whole speech is a little much.

Johnny Truant
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
You guys are ridiculous. The Flaming Lips are a lot better than Tool.

Novus_
06-20-2007, 11:49 AM
You guys are ridiculous. The Flaming Lips are a lot better than Tool.

Mr. Truant, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Johnny Truant
06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
sorry that I don't have Tool's collective dick in my mouth and I can properly rate bands for their entire output.

Aire
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
sorry that I don't have Tool's collective dick in my mouth and I can properly rate bands for their entire output.

you just reinforced novus' point.....your a moron

jwb
06-20-2007, 04:15 PM

Man, I hope you're not that dude that peddles half-ass cartoon caricatures in Wilmington.

maxthruput
06-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I have yet to see a tool show on any drug...with the exception of some rum & cokes in '02 before the Daytona show. I think they rock live...they are not a jamming hippy improv band, but they are clearly capable of playing a varied setlist from night to night...they choose not to for whatever reason. Iron Maiden does the same thing and it drives everyone fucking crazy... It is not worth seeing this band more than once on any given leg of their tours. I recommend going to see them on different legs if you want to see a different set list. Sure you might get lucky and see flood/pushit/right in two if you go see them 3 consecutive nights...or you might get Right in two for the 3 nights and be really pissed. I say fuck it...go see them when you can and enjoy it for what it is. This over obsessing about a band is stupid and pointless....If you get Pushit at your show then you are lucky....that is all. If you get Pushit/Flood/Aenima at your show then you are dreaming and need to wakeup.

Johnny Truant
06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
OMG that dude doesn't think tool is the best band ever. He must be an idiot!