View Full Version : 2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

paraflux
05-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Tool
June 19, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

something_Dark
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Ive got my tickets for this show! my sister and I are going. It will be her first tool show.

Anyone else here going?

illdojo
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Ive got my tickets for this show! my sister and I are going. It will be her first tool show.

Anyone else here going?

Yep, see you there.
It's a 4 hour drive from Omaha.
Cross your fingers for Pushit or Swamp Song.
Shit Man......anything from Opiate or Undertow.

Mark Stegeman
05-18-2007, 06:20 AM

Anyone else here going?

four of us headin from DsM. we were just in council bluffs last weekend, awesome
show.

see you there!!

chefjennkcc
05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Im going to Cedar Rapids!!!!! The first of 4 TOOL shows for me in June. Six shows all together this tour. This is the best year of my life.

23 and 1
05-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Just ordered my ticket. Going to see them on the floor tonite (6/19) and then on to Peoria on 6/20 for lower level seating. Flying solo for these two shows, friends have to work and the girl's made it abundantly clear that she has no desire to see the band twice. I don't think twice is enough! See you all there! (I'll be the guy in the TooL shirt)

chefjennkcc
05-29-2007, 05:42 AM
Just ordered my ticket. Going to see them on the floor tonite (6/19) and then on to Peoria on 6/20 for lower level seating. Flying solo for these two shows, friends have to work and the girl's made it abundantly clear that she has no desire to see the band twice. I don't think twice is enough! See you all there! (I'll be the guy in the TooL shirt)

DON'T WEAR A TOOL SHIRT!!! don't be that guy.

something_Dark
06-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Guy in the toolshirt huh? lol!

well im actualy tryin to get a shirt custom made for the show otherwise it will be plain black for me...

23 and 1
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Question: This show is all General Admission. For anyone who's been to the Cell Center before, are the floor shows decent?

P.S. Changed my mind about the TooL shirt, I'll probably be sporting a vintage WHAM! tee.

something_Dark
06-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Question: This show is all General Admission. For anyone who's been to the Cell Center before, are the floor shows decent?

P.S. Changed my mind about the TooL shirt, I'll probably be sporting a vintage WHAM! tee.

yeah I've been there. They gave the place a face lift last i recall. its a tight venue. umm when you walk in you are on the floor leval and there are stairs on either side to the seated section. i usually scout out a nice place to sit and watch the show on the stage left side so i can get a good look at Adams gear. But I mean most ppl go back and forth from the floor to the seats. the floor gets crowded of course. sound board is like right there in the back middle of everything..

its kinda tight but it has great acoustics. not as good as the Venue in Ames Iowa the Hilton coliseum, now that place was designed for the music critic!

chefjennkcc
06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I've been to several concert there, Tool!
Pantera, White Zombie, Perfect Circle... The great thing about there is that the security is pretty lax. and you can move around as you please. It's pretty easy to get up front, and there really are no bad seats in the house. I'm going to Peoria too with my nine year old son. he's been saving his money since christmas to get a ticket. I was going to go to Sioux City too until they got canceled, but I still get to go to Chicago! June is going to ROCK.
I love MJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one
06-04-2007, 02:06 AM
for everyone going here for the first time my advise is to show up early....unless things have changed getting through security at the door will take forever.

the_shrike29
06-04-2007, 05:43 AM

Saw Tool there in 2001 and the floor was pretty rough: pits and rushing and pushing. After the first couple songs Maynard gave the crowd the take 'er easy and back up speech.

Crazy Iowegeans :)

23 and 1
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
for everyone going here for the first time my advise is to show up early....unless things have changed getting through security at the door will take forever.

Any advice as to how early a guy should show up? I'm guessing I will probably get into town around 3 or 4 pm. 14 days to go for the show, and the Kick off for my week of TooL!

the_shrike29
06-05-2007, 04:46 AM
Any advice as to how early a guy should show up? I'm guessing I will probably get into town around 3 or 4 pm. 14 days to go for the show, and the Kick off for my week of TooL!

the show i saw there back in '01 we got there later. went to dinner first then hopped in back of the line but got through ok and in good standing position 15-20 mins before Tricky came on. I'm guessing security might be a little tighter now though.

chefjennkcc
06-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I AM SO FREAKIN PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefjennkcc
06-08-2007, 07:42 AM
i was just reading some of the reviews for the concerts the last few days. Seems like good audiences are being rewarded with old songs, and a talkative Maynard. I just feel the need to say that I hope this crowd doesn't F it up for the rest of us.. If you see someone with a laser light, or about to throw something on the stage, tackle them.

something_Dark
06-09-2007, 11:25 AM
thats some good news to know chefjen!

thanks

23 and 1
06-09-2007, 04:10 PM
All right kids, 10 days 'til this deal kicks off. Let's keep this post at the top. Good advice from ChefJen up there. Don't fuck with the band and I'm sure they'll make it worth our while. On that note, anyone who does want to shine lazer pointers or throw shoes should be fucking shot. This IS the greatest band of our generation and we've got the ability to either enjoy one hell of a show and have memories to tell our kids about (like when my dad tells me about seeing Pink Floyd back in the '70s,) or we can fuck up the show for the band and ourselves. Let's keep it respectable. Fingers crossed to hear Pushit, Flood, or some other special treat. See Y'all there.

Peace!

smokestacklightnin77
06-10-2007, 11:16 AM
this town needs an AEnema

23 and 1
06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
this town needs an AEnema

Looks like that's exactly what they're gonna get. 9 days...

Peace*

23 and 1
06-13-2007, 09:34 AM
6 Days...

drumnj
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
To those that are from Ames, IA and are going to the show, would you be interested in carpooling with me?

With gas prices like they are now and I know most Tool fans aren't the richest people (however scalpers would beg to differ) I wouldn’t mind picking-up a few people to head to Cedar Rapids. All I'd ask in return is about $5-10 chipped in for gas.

This will save ya some cash for the 3 hour round trip drive

Since the show starts at 8:00pm and it takes about an hour and a half from Ames we’ll probably be leaving around 5-5:30pm (want to get good seats). Parking won't be a problem because my buddy and I know a great place to park; it's about 500 yards from the US Cellular Center, kind of unknown and absolutely free.

PM me if you're interested or just email me [email protected] …only a few more days :)

something_Dark
06-15-2007, 12:11 AM
All right kids, 10 days 'til this deal kicks off. Let's keep this post at the top. Good advice from ChefJen up there. Don't fuck with the band and I'm sure they'll make it worth our while. On that note, anyone who does want to shine lazer pointers or throw shoes should be fucking shot. This IS the greatest band of our generation and we've got the ability to either enjoy one hell of a show and have memories to tell our kids about (like when my dad tells me about seeing Pink Floyd back in the '70s,) or we can fuck up the show for the band and ourselves. Let's keep it respectable. Fingers crossed to hear Pushit, Flood, or some other special treat. See Y'all there.

Peace!

wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!

its gettin closer and closer!!!

I cant wait!!

we should hold up tool navy signs so we can all find each other and then hold commune about how much cooler we are then everyone else there! lol :P

ph man im gettin so pumped!!

I really dont care what they play... iVe seen them times before and I know why they do what they do when it comes to stickin to a strict set list. and that is they are perfectionist.

If all goes well and Maynard is in a sexy mood and feels some love vibes.... just maybe we can here pushit!!

oh man! *imagines hearing pushit live" god that would just blow my load!!

but yeah tool navy signs!!! make'em and bring'em!!

the_shrike29
06-15-2007, 04:40 AM
wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!

If all goes well and Maynard is in a sexy mood and feels some love vibes.... just maybe we can here pushit!!

they played Pushit there in '01; hopefully you guys get it again.

it was my one and only time seeing it live and its very powerful.

smokestacklightnin77
06-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Ok so, to join in on yer wishful thinking, or, something to tide us over....:

http://www.myspace.com/soulcoughing7777

grime_z
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
I'll be the guy there in the Puscifer Baka Gaijin shirt. See ya'll there!

23 and 1
06-15-2007, 08:27 PM
4 days, actually three, I dunno. Anyway, I'm pumped. Pushit, Flood, Sober... or whatever they want to throw at us I guess. I've been anticipating this for so many weeks that now that it's almost here I think I've burned myself out. Anyway I'll be the guy there that's rockin' out to TooL. Lookin' forward to seeing some of you.

Peace*

KJ_
06-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Anyone else here going?

Same thing here, taking my sister for her high school graduation present. It will be her first rock concert ever, so I hope she enjoys it as much as I did my first concert.

illdojo
06-17-2007, 02:13 PM
48 hours til my last show of the 10,000 Days Tour. I've seen 3 shows thus far, and I can't fucking wait. If they play "Flood" I told my buddy I would punch him in his head(out of excitement).
This will be my 9th show dating way back to 94'(Undertow Tour).

smokestacklightnin77
06-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Next stop on the Tool tour juggernaut....:

right fukin here!!!

23 and 1
06-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Well all right. 24 hrs. to go. Headin' out of Sioux Falls tomorrow at around 10:00 or 11:00 am. Mapquest tells me it's about a 5.5 hour drive. What times everyone showing up to the venue, I would imaginie the earlier the better? Looks like they haven't played Pushit for a few shows, maybe we'll be lucky. See you in Cedar Rapids!

smokestacklightnin77
06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
to be honest, I don't think you need to get there way way early. The capacity is listed as 7,816, with floor and GA they might be what 10,000? It will all be manageable even if you show up at 7:45. Like earlier poster said, you walk in, and bam, you're on the floor.

Just go by the front of the arena a couple times and see how the flow of people is going--make sure they aren't doing cavity searches, etc..

Big ol' concrete building--it does sound real good on the floor.

23 and 1
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I'll be taking a personal stand against moshing here. Looking forward to the show, thanks for the info SmokeStack.

KJ_
06-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Just stopped by the arena after work. They were doing some guitar sound checks and it sounded really clean and really loud.

something_Dark
06-19-2007, 11:19 PM
well the show is over, my ears are ringing my legs hurt and I can still taste the gum of some random chick I made out with. :P

The show was awesome! The opening act "banana melt was made up of 3 oriental girls and one guy. Not sure how to describe their sound.. um kinda like a laptop in a blender?

No sober no pushit...not even parabola. But When you only have less then 2 hours and most of your songs are longer then 7 minutes its kinda hard to make everyone happy. And the perfection they put into their sound and the show shines through so you cant really go wrong in my book.

46 and 2 was nice to hear live again.

FLOOD!!

I can only remember...

Jambi
vicarious
46and2
lost keys
Rosetta stoned
Lateralus
FLOOD!!

.......Right now.

my head is still ringin! And my wallet now has an echo!

I think Maynard was actually pissed off after he finished Wings 2. He sang it so quiet and Justin and Adam were sitting down facing Maynard... I got the impression Maynard wants to sing that one over a quiet Audience. not sure... just what it looked like to me...

FuckIMbeatKthanksGoodbye!

~blu
P's!

smokestacklightnin77
06-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I will drag this conversation into the forum and out of the reviews----

I must say that that crowd had more dirtballs in it than I have seen in a long time. Like out from under some serious rocks. Fights all over. At one point this fight came rolling our way, I had to stick my knee out for protection and ended up jabbing some losers in the ribs as they wrassled around charging into everyone, otherwise they would have crushed my woman against the soundboard gate.

Makes Iowa look bad. I mean, every midwestern city of the same size has these exact same types and amounts of dirtballs. It's just that they happen to go to Tool concerts now, cuz its the 'place to be' so to speak.

With the popularity of of UFC and MMA, especially locally for those that folllow, everyone wants or needs to prove they are a badass these days. I saw dozens and dozens of Tapout shirts (the guy that was fighting had one). What perfect avenue to demonstrate your badass-ness than by crushing unwilling fight partners at a concert.

chefjennkcc
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I just wanted to say that I was at both the Cedar Rapids show and the Peoria show the next night, and the crowd at the US cellular center was much MUCH better.
I was a little upset with Cedar Rapids until I went to Peoria and saw all the complete JACKASSES who were there. Maynard sang with his back to us all night, and even stopped singing a couple of songs.

I am glad I live in Iowa. Peoria sucks.

something_Dark
06-22-2007, 01:32 AM
I will drag this conversation into the forum and out of the reviews----

With the popularity of of UFC and MMA, especially locally for those that follow, everyone wants or needs to prove they are a badass these days. I saw dozens and dozens of Tapout shirts (the guy that was fighting had one). What perfect avenue to demonstrate your badass-ness than by crushing unwilling fight partners at a concert.

Wow.. you must really know how to choose bad visions.

I was all over that place and didnt see one fight. had quite a good night actually.

lot of ppl though.. lot of guys. lot of single guys and a lot of gals hanging out alone or in packs of the same sex.... maybe this is where the anger comes from?

but I do agree there was some bad energy about at this show... wish I could see them again soon

something_Dark
06-24-2007, 08:26 PM
okay I just heard that someone threw a Sandal on the stage at Maynard. I don't know if this is true or not but if this is the case then I now know why Maynard seemed pissed.

god I hate humans sometimes.

this is sad.