View Full Version : 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

paraflux
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Tool
June 20, 2007
Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

Maz46&2
05-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice, thanks for the thread Paraflux. Alright, who's going to this one?

paraflux
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Probably Smirk, although he doesnt log in much anymore

I was born in Moline, have absolutely no recollection of the place though

cliche101
05-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm there! (floor tickets)

the_shrike29
05-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm there. floor.

cliche101
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
coming all the way from minneapolis?

the_shrike29
05-11-2007, 05:10 AM
coming all the way from minneapolis?

yup.

i try to travel as much as possible around the midwest to see the boys and thats the one i picked.

i already saw them in cedar rapids and peoria sounded a little more interesting than council bluffs.

plus i had been planning on going to the peoria area sooner or later for a small personal sight seeing trip and now i get to see tool at the same time.

chefjennkcc
05-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Im going!!!!!! FLOOR. I'll be in Cedar Rapids the day before this one

the_shrike29
05-24-2007, 05:58 AM
anybody from the area have a recommendation for a bar to hang at prior/post show in the immediate area around the civic center?

i'm pretty set on eating dinner at Red Zin, looks like the best joint around there. if someone has a better recommendation i'd welcome it.

peace

chalk_line
05-24-2007, 06:54 AM
anybody from the area have a recommendation for a bar to hang at prior/post show in the immediate area around the civic center?

i'm pretty set on eating dinner at Red Zin, looks like the best joint around there. if someone has a better recommendation i'd welcome it.

peace

I'll be at big al's after the show.
its on Main Street, very close to the civic center.

the_shrike29
05-25-2007, 01:05 PM
I'll be at big al's after the show.
its on Main Street, very close to the civic center.

is that a strip club?

how much for entrance fees?

23 and 1
05-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Heading in to Peoria from Sioux Falls, South Dakota to see the boys. June 20th happens to be my 25th birthday. Considering hitting Cedar Rapids the night before. Anyone have any feedback as to how the floor seating is. I've got 4th row lowers for this show, but Cedar Rapids looks like all GA seating

chalk_line
05-28-2007, 01:33 PM
is that a strip club?

how much for entrance fees?

Yes, and its 6$ i think.

influenced
05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
I'll be there -floor. If there is anything peoria has to offer it's bars. there is a good brew pub on the river frong called tom rhodells. also lots of good places to drink, I like tavern on the water, also richards, old chicago, and kellehers- again there are lot's more that are pretty good too. I moved down here a couple of years back for my job from the chicago area. there is not nearly as much to do down here as there is there, but there are worse places in the world.

23 and 1
06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Looks like The_Shrike, ChefJen, and myself are all hitting Cedar Rapids the night before and this show tonite. Strange forces drawing us together, maybe we should all hook-up afterwards, represent our three states. SD, MN, and IA. After all we do border each other. Fuck, it's late, I've gotta quit staying up all nite obsessing over the shows. 6:00 am comes early. TooL!

chefjennkcc
06-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Looks like The_Shrike, ChefJen, and myself are all hitting Cedar Rapids the night before and this show tonite. Strange forces drawing us together, maybe we should all hook-up afterwards, represent our three states. SD, MN, and IA. After all we do border each other. Fuck, it's late, I've gotta quit staying up all nite obsessing over the shows. 6:00 am comes early. TooL!

Well at least I'm not the only one freaking out about these shows! I can't sleep. I know. Silly right? This will be my sixth time in CR. Its such an awesome experience every time. I get so sick of people complaining about set lists and such. Just be happy to have the opportunity to witness a band like this.

the_shrike29
06-05-2007, 04:44 AM

I'll only be at the Peoria and St. Paul shows. But, yeah, between TA and here there should be a meet up

isthesystemdown
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
well, you guys are already friends of mine just by being tool fans and going to the show, so what bar u guys hitting up? Im staying at the comfort inn i think for that night.

23 and 1
06-07-2007, 07:49 PM
well, you guys are already friends of mine just by being tool fans and going to the show, so what bar u guys hitting up? Im staying at the comfort inn i think for that night.

I'll be staying at the Super 8, I think it's on the West Side of town. No idea as far as night life in Peoria, but I'm totally down for whatever. This is going to be a rockin' fucking time. Did I mention 6/20 is my birthday.

Peace

isthesystemdown
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I'll be staying at the Super 8, I think it's on the West Side of town. No idea as far as night life in Peoria, but I'm totally down for whatever. This is going to be a rockin' fucking time. Did I mention 6/20 is my birthday.

Peace

Well yeah, same with me...just as long as I know by the 19th....haha or sooner! I havent been to peoria so idk whats up either. Count me in, i wouldnt mind socializing before the show...maybe just this once. congrats on having a bday on the show date.

23 and 1
06-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I say we all wear shirts that advertise our respective states, (I'll be busting out my Sturgis '99 tee for this,) and that way we'll be able to recognize one another and totally rock the fuck out after the concert. My seats for this show are Sec. 12 row D. Also it looks like I might have an extra ticket for the show, anyone interested can hit me with a PM and we'll see whats up.

Peace*

isthesystemdown
06-10-2007, 07:03 PM
I say we all wear shirts that advertise our respective states, (I'll be busting out my Sturgis '99 tee for this,) and that way we'll be able to recognize one another and totally rock the fuck out after the concert. My seats for this show are Sec. 12 row D. Also it looks like I might have an extra ticket for the show, anyone interested can hit me with a PM and we'll see whats up.

Peace*

OK, ill wear my bronze milwaukee brewers tshirt or something different ill post if it changes. Yeah, if you guys are all floor tickets could meet after at the beer garden in the show venue. whatever works. Extra ticket? Nice, well if i find some 1 else who wants to go to the show and doesnt care ill see if they can give you the money...but if u get an earlier offer np.

23 and 1
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Just got rid of the ticket, my homeboy's decided to come with, just graduated from school and in the process of a job hunt, so he's signed on for all three shows. Probably won't be boozin' much due to the early drive to St. Louis the next day, but we'll see you there brotha! Peace.

the_shrike29
06-11-2007, 11:29 AM
hmmm, i dont think i have any Minnesota gear besides Vikings jerseys and I'm not wearing that to a show.

my trusty, standard, show going black polo shirt with nano tech to keep the maximum sweat and beer off of me? more than likely.

Maz46&2
06-11-2007, 11:47 AM
my trusty, standard, show going black polo shirt with nano tech to keep the maximum sweat and beer off of me? more than likely.

Nice. I'll be there in my stain-resistant Pepsi 2007 shirt, it's hotter than hell but beer rolls off of it like rain on a freshly waxed car.

23 and 1
06-11-2007, 01:28 PM
The state shirt thing started off as somewhat of a joke from my end, but now I feel obligated. Maybe I'll just paint SOUTH DAKOTA on my chest and go topless. Beer rolls off my chest like nobody's business folks!

9 days til the show, see ya'll there.
Peace*

chefjennkcc
06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I will be wearing a black Puscifer shirt....

How far away is Peoria from Chicago?

23 and 1
06-13-2007, 09:36 AM
One week from today folks. 25 years after the day I was born TooL will be rockin' Peoria,IL... hopin' for some Pushit action.

Peace*

Maz46&2
06-13-2007, 09:41 AM
One week from today folks. 25 years after the day I was born TooL will be rockin' Peoria,IL... hopin' for some Pushit action.

Peace*

"Pushit" would be sweet, so would "Flood" or "Right In Two". Either way it should be a hell of a show and I CAN'T WAIT!

isthesystemdown
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Indeed it would sweeten the pot of going already! Anyway, im probably not gonna wear a state shirt as i dont have one persay but if anyone's gonna be there more than 30 mins early to the show like me ill be in the beer area...not paying out the ass but sitting! Ha, yeah and only a week to go...ohh yeah!!!

23 and 1
06-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Dudes, TooL is rockin' Bonnaroo tonite. 5 more days 'til the show, who's ready? Cuz I'm not sure if I am. I mean I think I might be, but you know I mean it's kinda crazy... wait, what the fuck am I saying. TooL. Did I mention, TooL on my fucking birthday. Maybe I emphasized that once or twice, not sure. Anyway me and my bro in spirit are rollin' in for this, won't be drinkin' beer, but maybe we'll pop by the tent and say hello. TooL NavY
Peace*

the_shrike29
06-18-2007, 12:00 PM
2 days

VERY EXCITE!

chalk_line
06-18-2007, 01:45 PM
How far away is Peoria from Chicago?

about 2 hours southwest.

23 and 1
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Only 48 hrs. to go. Are you ready?

Maz46&2
06-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Only 48 hrs. to go. Are you ready?

Yee-fucking-haw! I can't wait! I love the fact that they have like four different sets that they rotate through so I really DON'T know exactly what I'm getting. I think I'm giddy.

23 and 1
06-19-2007, 02:21 AM
("Yee-fucking-haw!")---------> Fucking love it man. As if you all weren't sick enough of me figured I'd throw up one last post before I head out. As I sit here it's 5:21 am CDT on 6/19/07. I've not been to bed yet as I'm ready to head for Cedar Rapids in about 5 hours. Made a fresh pot of coffee at 4:00 am and I've been reading the reviews and listening to some bootleg shit from YouTube. (would you believe I work in sales for a bank?) Anyway, I'm definitely too fucking pumped to sleep, the show in CR tonite should kick, and I'm lookin' forward to seeing you all tomorrow in Peoria.
Sleep Is For The Weak!
Peace*

the_shrike29
06-19-2007, 05:07 AM
("Yee-fucking-haw!")---------> Fucking love it man. As if you all weren't sick enough of me figured I'd throw up one last post before I head out. As I sit here it's 5:21 am CDT on 6/19/07. I've not been to bed yet as I'm ready to head for Cedar Rapids in about 5 hours. Made a fresh pot of coffee at 4:00 am and I've been reading the reviews and listening to some bootleg shit from YouTube. (would you believe I work in sales for a bank?) Anyway, I'm definitely too fucking pumped to sleep, the show in CR tonite should kick, and I'm lookin' forward to seeing you all tomorrow in Peoria.
Sleep Is For The Weak!
Peace*

have a safe trip and a good time in the CR! and a safe little jaunt down to Peoria.

isthesystemdown
06-19-2007, 07:18 PM
hey guys, if youre at the comfort inn...ill be at the hotel bar having drinks b4 i go..dont want to pay 9 bucks for a beer...5 bucks is better lol....anyway if i dont see u guys there then ill be at the show..stage right..middle right...so left when u walk in.... Shout "toolshed!" and ill respond to you..seriously..otherwise u guys are all strangers till then. L8rs fellows
BTW, I will be there about 30 mins or more b4 melt banana...so show up early!! TOOL owns!!!!

Maz46&2
06-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah, tomorrow at this time I will be having a two hour, Tool induced, mental orgasm!

biff0016
06-19-2007, 08:05 PM
If your looking for places to go after the show just walk to Main St. There are a bunch of great clubs there. Ask anyone at the show and they'll tell you what direction to walk. I'm from peoria and will vouch for its night life.

Maz46&2
06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Alrighty, I'm heading out at noon tomorrow so all of you fellow Toolheads drive safe and hopefully I'll see someone from Toolnavy there.

the_shrike29
06-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Be leaving here in a hour.

Have a safe trip everyone and see ya there

tigris9
06-20-2007, 10:32 AM
just hours to go. can't wait!!!!!!!!

chefjennkcc
06-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I am so pissed at the crowd at this concert. Duh. The people on the floor with flash cameras, and the people on the floor who were throwing shit on stage should get hit by a bus. For those of us who really wanted to be there for the experience, YOU BLEW IT!!!!

I know what it means when Maynard plays with his back to the crowd. After all the bushlick that went on, his heart just wasn't it in. He even interrupted wings to ask (for the fifth time) for no flash photography.

I doubt these talented musicians will bother coming back to a town that treated them with such disrespect.

It wasn't a metal concert, people.
It was a TOOL concert. You people missed the whole point.

Drizzle77
06-21-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree the crowd was horrible! When someone threw something on stage(I hope hes dead already) the rest of the show was just ruined. After that there was no energy from Maynard at all. Whats up with everyone sitting down during Right in Two and Wings. I'm sorry people but your not going to hear Sober live with it.