View Full Version : 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

paraflux
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Tool
June 27, 2007
Chicago, IL - Sears Center

One Dark Flame
05-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm in section C-103 what about you all?

Maz46&2
05-08-2007, 01:56 PM
SECTION 114, ROW 13

Rhapsody
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
GA/Floor

Can't wait!!!!

One Dark Flame
05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Do either of you know anything about the Ft. Wayne show? Is says on the official web-site when they go on-sale but I have no idea on where to buy them or even when the concert is.

Rhapsody
05-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Do either of you know anything about the Ft. Wayne show? Is says on the official web-site when they go on-sale but I have no idea on where to buy them or even when the concert is.

I would assume that between now and Saturday, ticketmaster will post details...just keep checking.

Maz46&2
05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I would assume that between now and Saturday, ticketmaster will post details...just keep checking.

Yeah, that's how I got wind of the Peoria show, just kept checking the site until they put when the tickets went on sale. Check Friday because they may go on sale this Saturday.

Rhapsody
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
http://www.wbyr.com/FEATURES/Concert...6/Default.aspx

The local rock station says the show is on 6/23 at The War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN...I'd call the station to find out about how to buy tickets.

Maz46&2
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
^^Also, if you know what arena it's at you may want to check out the arena's website, you may have to get tickets from the arena like this show.

Rhapsody
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
^^Also, if you know what arena it's at you may want to check out the arena's website, you may have to get tickets from the arena like this show.

Exactly. We all know that the Sears Centre uses their own box office, not ticketmaster...not sure what the policy is at The War Memorial Coliseum.

Maz46&2
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Apparently the Memorial Coliseum uses Ticketmaster.

http://www.memorialcoliseum.com/col_ticket.asp

and this is from Toolband:

"TICKETS ON-SALE DATES

May 11
Portland, ME
Youngstown, OH
Cape Gerardeau, MO

May 12

Cincinnati, OH
Ft. Wayne, IN
Evansville, IN
Albany, NY
Reading, PA
Sioux City, IA
Huntington, WV
Hamilton "

One Dark Flame
05-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Damn the two of you were so helpful I had to make sure I was really on Toolnavy. Thanks to both of you so much.

Maz46&2
05-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Damn the two of you were so helpful I had to make sure I was really on Toolnavy. Thanks to both of you so much.

No prob, you reaped the benefits of my day off from work.

One Dark Flame
05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Ha. Well if this research is any indication of how you perform at yer job I would ask for a raise.

Rhapsody
05-10-2007, 09:23 AM

No problem. Glad I/we could help.

One Dark Flame
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
You did so much

Rhapsody
05-11-2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05003EA891D14496?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

It's up on Ticketmaster's site.

lotus.
05-11-2007, 12:59 PM
got me tix in the mail a couple of days ago. woo hoo!

section 115 row 15

i was disappointed when i heard that they were playing an indoor show in the summer but i'm looking foward to seeing this new venue at the same time. has anyone been to the sears center yet? if so, how's the sound?

Rhapsody
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
got me tix in the mail a couple of days ago. woo hoo!

section 115 row 15

i was disappointed when i heard that they were playing an indoor show in the summer but i'm looking foward to seeing this new venue at the same time. has anyone been to the sears center yet? if so, how's the sound?

Never been there, but I've heard only good things about the place.

Also, I know it's a festival and the setlist will probably be much shorter, but check out Summerfest.

Cycloz
05-11-2007, 01:54 PM

Also, I know it's a festival and the setlist will probably be much shorter, but check out Summerfest.

Pretty sure we should get a full set at Summerfest, plenty of time for it with the show starting at 8 and the place closes at 12. The Black Crowes are playing the same night and don't start until 10:00. If you've never been to Summerfest you should check it out, but come early plenty of beer to drink and music to be heard.

BTW, where is the Summerfest thread mods?

Rhapsody
05-11-2007, 01:56 PM
There is a Summerfest thread, but nobody is posting in it.

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=82719

Cycloz
05-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Doh, I even looked for it. My bad.

rottenvicious462
05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm in section 110, row 13.

The Russian
05-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Section 115, forgot the row

Hope for a full setlist.

One Dark Flame
05-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Yea that would be nice or maybe a little bonus cause we deserve it? :()

apollo
05-23-2007, 10:25 AM
This will be my first tool show and I just got some GA/Floor tickets. How is the crowd on the floor generally for tool concerts? Im used to metal concerts with people packed tight and bodies being tossed around everywhere which really takes away from the show. I'm hoping people are more mellow and chill but does it get crazy?

Maz46&2
05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
This will be my first tool show and I just got some GA/Floor tickets. How is the crowd on the floor generally for tool concerts? Im used to metal concerts with people packed tight and bodies being tossed around everywhere which really takes away from the show. I'm hoping people are more mellow and chill but does it get crazy?

It varies from show to show and sometimes depends on geographic location. The few Tool shows I've been to I've had seats but they were close enough to observe the floor and it didn't look too out of hand, then again I wasn't on the floor personally so I guess I'm not really qualified to give you an answer.

toolhead777
05-23-2007, 11:47 AM

I was on the floor for Chicago last year at Allstate and it was amazing! The pit will be right next to the stage but other than that its just people acting like a sponge. Enjoy the show but watch out for cops after the show I grew up in Hoffman Estates and the pigs are a holes.

chalk_line
05-24-2007, 06:57 AM
i'm pretty sure im on the floor, friend got me a ticket. see ya there!

The Russian
06-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Pumped up for the show big time especially with the boys throwing Flood in to the mix at the last show in Georgia.

chefjennkcc
06-07-2007, 09:48 PM
The anticipation of waiting for a TOOL concert is enough to drive one MAD>....

One Dark Flame
06-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Anyone know if were gonna get an opening band? I think that Melt banana only tours with them until like June 20-something.

apollo
06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Anyone know if were gonna get an opening band? I think that Melt banana only tours with them until like June 20-something.

On toolband they just posted tour dates for skinny puppy. And there is a large gap after the 24th until august I believe. It would be kickass to see them open for Tool.

Cycloz
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
If anyone still needs tickets they have lower level right on the side of the stage still available, just picked up two C100 tickets in like the 12th row (and could have gotten 6 there - so definitely some still available). Finally getting my wife to her first Tool show, should be fun :)

Inner_Eulogy
06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
I know this may sound like a really dumbass question for a TOOL forum full of TOOL fans but, I've got 2 pretty decent tickets to the Projekt Revolution tour that I'd be willing to trade for practically any tickets to the Tool concert available. Please let me know if anybody's intersted.

toolhead777
06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
The anticipation of waiting for a TOOL concert is enough to drive one MAD>....

I feel ya man we are going to st louis this weekend then Chicago or should I say Hoffman Estates, then summerfest wi. I saw them last month in Ft Worth Tx they were amazing.

Lord Worm
06-20-2007, 09:16 AM

i really don't think the setlist will suffer. you gotta buy tickets to specifically see tool at summerfest, so i think we may get a really kickass show. at bonnaroo they played a full set and had tom morello come out and solo during lateralus, and that is a festival setting. I'm eating mushrooms that night so it better be good

webstir
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
This will be my 7th TOOL show and the most highly anticipated (for me anyway). Since joining TOOL Army in 2002, I finally secured pre-sale tickets from their site and will have 2 tickets for the floor waiting for me at the will call window. It's one week away and I have to say it will be the longest week of my life. But I don't mind. Just like a hot date with a sexy chick, the moment of anticipation just might be the best part of the whole experience.

I've already been to the Sears Center once. I saw Bob Dylan there back in October. Kings of Leon opened and both bands sounded fantastic. The place gets a great sound because it's not nearly as big as the UC or Allstate Arena, so you won't hear a never ending echo from anywhere in the building.

Well, I'll see you then! But please do me a favor and don't mosh or surf. If you come near me doing that shit, you'll find yourself on the floor and it will be very difficult to get back up. Naw, seriously, be safe and have a great show. Save a toke for me!

imonlysleeping
06-21-2007, 03:58 PM
CHICAGO FLOOR TICKETS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT SEARSCENTRE.COM !!!!!!!!!

f00b
06-22-2007, 05:46 AM
ive got two extra floor GA tickets I am trying to dump, pm me if you are interested, I am not looking to make anything off them

k1johnny
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
wish they were going to tinley park that would be great i saw slayer there back in 90 i think

Rhapsody
06-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Can't wait. Hope we get Pushit or Flood instead of Right in Two...weren't we the first ones to get Right in Two during their mini tour? Love the song, but I haven't heard Pushit or Flood in years.

sickness
06-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Can't wait for Wed. I am trying to unload 1 tix sec.111 i think 10 row face value. Wifey can't make the show. Also might need a ride back at least if not the southside maybe a burb where i can catch a metra to the city or blueline. No license .

Rhapsody
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm just happy we don't get Melt Banana...the reviews tell me it's just not my thing. Big Business should be interesting. I loved Isis last year, but only caught half of their set 'cause we were getting food and watching some poor guy get his stomach pumped.

Maz46&2
06-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm just happy we don't get Melt Banana...the reviews tell me it's just not my thing. Big Business should be interesting. I loved Isis last year, but only caught half of their set 'cause we were getting food and watching some poor guy get his stomach pumped.

Melt Banana is really bad. I tried to have an open mind but they were just really annoying. From what I've heard about Big Business they should be decent.

alucidreality
06-23-2007, 09:04 PM
i'm quite dissapointed we don't get melt banana, noise rock kicks ass.

sickness
06-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Alright 2 tix for sale. sec.111 row 10 face value. pm or e mail if interested, i stay in the midway area.

Benjees82
06-24-2007, 11:20 PM
A couple days ago, I won an auction for 2 tickets on eBay and am just hoping the dude I bought them from threw them in the mail. Damnit, it is SO nervewracking not havin my hands on my tickets yet.

Oh yeah, and I'm takin my little bro to this show. I gave him 2 rules before agreeing to take him:

1) He has to shut his fuckin phone off at the door. I told him if I see it out once, it's gettin shoved straight up his ass.

2) He has to learn some more of their lyrics. Don't sing (lol) but know the lyrics so he knows what the songs are about.

Hurry up you damn mailman.....

sickness
06-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Still trying to sell at least 1 tix, i can get there but i might need a ride back to a metra or blue line station. Will get rid of both tix possibly!!!

chefjennkcc
06-25-2007, 11:50 PM
i'm quite dissapointed we don't get melt banana, noise rock kicks ass.

Melt banana played with three of the shows I saw this tour... After the third time, there were actually a few songs I grew to like...

greekxj
06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
So anybody know of an opening band yet? Will they have one? Im sure they will, its just there might be a little time crunch crisis with one of my buds and i don't want to miss one minute! So in other words the opening band stalls some time for us:) Anyone? BTW, my 4th TOOL show and i am pumped!

angryralph
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
So anybody know of an opening band yet? Will they have one? Im sure they will, its just there might be a little time crunch crisis with one of my buds and i don't want to miss one minute! So in other words the opening band stalls some time for us:) Anyone? BTW, my 4th TOOL show and i am pumped!

Big Business is the opener, per the Sears Centre website.

mosquito
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm looking for one floor ticket for the Chicago show tomorrow, lemme know if anyone has an extra...

Maz46&2
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Show's tomorrow already. Can't wait for it. Hopefully, we'll get "Flood" and hopefully the crowd is as well behaved as last year's. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from Peoria.

Rhapsody
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Show's tomorrow already. Can't wait for it. Hopefully, we'll get "Flood" and hopefully the crowd is as well behaved as last year's. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from Peoria.

I enjoyed both shows last year as well, although the bad taste in my mouth was from the cancellation of the Madison show.

sickness
06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes, found some one to get my extra ticket and give me a ride to and fro. Can't wait. Only time seeing the boys other than '98 ozzfest at alpine. I was on two hits and only remember maynard in blue "learn to swim..." I fucked up the two chances i had last year to see them and in '01 i was in the joint, so i am looking forward to this. Even though a lot of people are knocking the setlist...

Maz46&2
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I enjoyed both shows last year as well, although the bad taste in my mouth was from the cancellation of the Madison show.

Yeah, I forgot about the Madison cancellation. I would hope that they actually give a Madison show this tour to make up for it. Except for Summerfest, Wisconsin hasn't gotten a show this entire tour.

Rhapsody
06-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I forgot about the Madison cancellation. I would hope that they actually give a Madison show this tour to make up for it. Except for Summerfest, Wisconsin hasn't gotten a show this entire tour.

Yep. It's for that reason that I've been checking the Sears Centre website every hour on the hour....call me overly paranoid.

f00b
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I got rid of my extra tix guys, for those that have emailed me.

I am so pumped. This will be 5 shows in a year to the day! fuck yeah

Maz46&2
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Yep. It's for that reason that I've been checking the Sears Centre website every hour on the hour....call me overly paranoid.

You think they're gonna cancel the Chicago show? I doubt that they would, especially a day from the show. And if they did I'm sure they would reschedule Chicago. Arenas that sell out (or come close to it) will always be rescheduled for obvious financial reasons. It's sad but true: smaller shows are expendable.

Rhapsody
06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
You think they're gonna cancel the Chicago show? I doubt that they would, especially a day from the show. And if they did I'm sure they would reschedule Chicago. Arenas that sell out (or come close to it) will always be rescheduled for obvious financial reasons. It's sad but true: smaller shows are expendable.

Deep down I know they wouldn't cancel a Chicago show, but like I said, overly paranoid.

ial926
06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
HELP! I just realized how much public transit in the suburbs SUCKS, and I have no good way to get to the show (I just bought a ticket today off Craigslist, thinking it would be a piece of cake to get anywhere in the suburbs... I just moved here from London so I'm accustomed to better public buses and such).

I either need to offload this ticket ASAP ($65, or $60 if I get desperate, pickup in the southwest loop anytime tomorrow), OR, preferably, I need a ride either from the Loop all the way to the show, or even just from Schaumburg Metra to the Sears Centre. I'm a girl and hot and will give you gas money.

Call me up ASAP, even RIGHT NOW, since I'll sleep better knowing this is settled! 651-707-7748, name's Ivy

greekxj
06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Big Business is the opener, per the Sears Centre website.

Thanks!

Maz46&2
06-27-2007, 07:39 AM
You know how awesome it would be if they busted out "Intension" tonight? They did debut "Right In Two" in Chicago 5/13/06 so who knows....?

Rhapsody
06-27-2007, 08:10 AM
You know how awesome it would be if they busted out "Intension" tonight? They did debut "Right In Two" in Chicago 5/13/06 so who knows....?

Intension would be awesome, but since we already got Right in Two and Flood was played last night in St. Paul, I'm hoping for Pushit....but at the end of the day I'll be happy with whatever they throw at me.

Maz46&2
06-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Intension would be awesome, but since we already got Right in Two and Flood was played last night in St. Paul, I'm hoping for Pushit....but at the end of the day I'll be happy with whatever they throw at me.

Where are you at? I'm in Section 114 parallel to the soundbooth on the right side.

Rhapsody
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Where are you at? I'm in Section 114 parallel to the soundbooth on the right side.

I'm gonna be on the floor, but probably at the very back. I usually try to get floor tickets, but in the end I end up standing so far back that I might as well be in the lower level.

Maz46&2
06-27-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm gonna be on the floor, but probably at the very back. I usually try to get floor tickets, but in the end I end up standing so far back that I might as well be in the lower level.

Yeah, I gave up the floor a while ago. I like to enjoy the show without sweaty, retard-Goth kids dry-humping me. I'll be wearing my standard issue Tool wear: navy blue polo and white khakis if you happen to see me. If you do yell out "hey dipshit!"

Rhapsody
06-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I gave up the floor a while ago. I like to enjoy the show without sweaty, retard-Goth kids dry-humping me. I'll be wearing my standard issue Tool wear: navy blue polo and white khakis if you happen to see me. If you do yell out "hey dipshit!"

Haha!! Will do. I haven't decided what I'm gonna wear, but I'm a girl with long curly hair. Also, I'm bringing my friend who is a news anchor on CLTV, so if you watch that station at all and recognize his face, I'm the one with him.

Cycloz
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Leaving soon to head down see you all there. My weeklong excursion of music and debauchery officially begins.........

NOW

Maz46&2
06-27-2007, 09:39 AM
debauchery ftw

Benjees82
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Ugh. My dipshit little bro forgot to ask my folks if he could even go to the show with me. I was plannin on him goin and now I'm stuck goin by myself with an extra ticket. If anyone wants a ticket, or just wants a cool mother fucker to hang out with til Tool gets on stage, my # is 608-574-2258. Name's Ben. I plan on gettin there at about 6:30. Oh yeah, and I'll be wearin a brown Jimi Hendrix t-shirt with khaki shorts so if anyone sees me wanderin around like a lost puppy, that's me!! LOL. I can't wait to get there. Peace out.

Lord Worm
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
holy shit, the time draws near. leaving at 6:00, i haven't even checked on the opening band yet, anyone know? and to the english fellow, wish i could help you out, i live very close to evanston but my car is completely full. hope you make it out there

Rhapsody
06-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Next stop...Summerfest!!! Great show last night, but I'll post a review in the review section later today or tomorrow. I'm still in a haze...that was my 9th Tool show and it never gets old.

Didn't see you, Maz46&2. Are you going to Summerfest?

Maz46&2
06-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Next stop...Summerfest!!! Great show last night, but I'll post a review in the review section later today or tomorrow. I'm still in a haze...that was my 9th Tool show and it never gets old.

Didn't see you, Maz46&2. Are you going to Summerfest?

I saw a rather attractive blonde girl with long curly hair but she was with a guy that had a lot of tattoos so I figured he wasn't CLTV material. I did sneak onto the floor during "Vicarious" to get the setlist though.

Sadly, I won't be at Summerfest. Have a great time!

Rhapsody
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I saw a rather attractive blonde girl with long curly hair but she was with a guy that had a lot of tattoos so I figured he wasn't CLTV material. I did sneak onto the floor during "Vicarious" to get the setlist though.

Sadly, I won't be at Summerfest. Have a great time!

Yeah, that wasn't me...at last check my friend had zero tattoos.

Sorry you can't make it to Summerfest, but have a great 4th of July regardless!!!

Maz46&2
06-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, that wasn't me...at last check my friend had zero tattoos.

Sorry you can't make it to Summerfest, but have a great 4th of July regardless!!!

Yeah, I gotta work on the 4th so my fun/debauchery will happen Monday instead. Have a great Fourth as well.

k1johnny
06-29-2007, 07:46 PM
hey maz you were streight across from me i was even with the soundbooth sec.105

Maz46&2
06-30-2007, 12:39 PM
hey maz you were streight across from me i was even with the soundbooth sec.105

Yeah, though you probably had a better crowd around you, I had to endure this drunken couple...fucking idiots.