View Full Version : 2007/06/29 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

paraflux
05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Tool
June 29, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Freemena
05-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Please... I can't find anything that talks about this show outside of this and Tool's "Official" website. I have tried to purchase tickets, but according to ticketmaster last night and the US Bank Arena, there is no show on 7/1/07... no show in Ohio, even. I missed the only shows on the west coast and will be visiting friends in Ohio sometime this spring or summer, so I would give a large portion of my anatomy for this show to exist and not be yet another way for the universe to taunt me with it's insaciable cruelty. Please help me.

paraflux
05-08-2007, 11:07 AM
THat's because ticketmaster has it listed for 6/29 instead of 7/1.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/720703?start=21&rpp=20&list_view=1

hmmm. Someone's lying.

Freemena
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
THat's because ticketmaster has it listed for 6/29 instead of 7/1.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/720703?start=21&rpp=20&list_view=1

hmmm. Someone's lying.

Thank you sooooo very much! I owe you more than I could ever give you! It wasn't there last night, I swear. The 27th though the 2nd were blank. I don't care if it's on the 29th or the 1st, as long as it is there and I can experience it... that's the important part, the experience. I can adjust the plane tickets, the dates by a few days, hopefully it will be clerified before the day of the show, lol. Thanks for your help... You are truely a worthy Administrator! All hail Paraflux!

Bogart
05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Im there d00d...

Once again, Toolarmy has failed me. No pre-sales for this date, wtf?

skrribble
05-08-2007, 04:17 PM
so does anyone know if its the 1st or the 29th or how to find out???

btravis311
05-09-2007, 04:10 AM

Well, since Ticketbastard and the venue are saying that the show is on June 29th, I'm thinking it's the 29th. Toolband.com seems to be getting half-ass updates to the tour page anyway, so I don't take info from that site too seriously. Personally, though, I've got hotel rooms booked for either date, just in case. Can't wait! Anyone seen a show at US Bank Arena? It will be my first.

jwb
05-09-2007, 04:11 AM

Email

[email protected]

Mail

U.S. Bank Arena
100 Broadway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Phone

513-421-4111

skrribble
05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
toolband.com changed it back to june 29th.... woooohooooo... tickets on sale saturday.... btw... seems there's a show in fort wayne, IN on june 23 as well at the memorial coliseum ( http://www.memorialcoliseum.com/calendar.php )

Blackbird71
05-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Well, since Ticketbastard and the venue are saying that the show is on June 29th, I'm thinking it's the 29th. Toolband.com seems to be getting half-ass updates to the tour page anyway, so I don't take info from that site too seriously. Personally, though, I've got hotel rooms booked for either date, just in case. Can't wait! Anyone seen a show at US Bank Arena? It will be my first.

I saw Nine Inch Nails there a couple years ago and a few other shows. It's not my favorite venue by far. The arena ain't that great, nothin' compared to Nationwide in Columbus or Gund in Cleveland, but hey, it's Tool, they're loud as hell. It'll be a good time.
I'm really glad the June 29 date is for real.

Opiate Son
05-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Got my tickets this morning, see all you sick fucks there!!!

Section 130, Row K

ED GEIN
05-12-2007, 07:07 AM
section 128 row E for myself. June is going to be unbelievable. Bonnaroo and then this.

Bogart
05-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Got section 134 Row G...floor seats sold quickly

jbuck
05-12-2007, 04:27 PM
This is my first and likely my last t.d.n. post, but I have to chime in and say I got floor for this show. I live in Columbus.

I arrived at my local ticketbastard location about ten minutes early and just barely got in front of a guy waiting for Cheryl Crow tickets. I told the girl working there the show I wanted and she cued it up for me right away so all she'd have to do is press the button. She scored me floor within about five seconds of the tickets going on sale.

I couldn't find a proper seating chart online (ticketbastard's site wasn't loading the seating chart at the time for some reason, big surprise) but the tickets had sections and seat numbers on them. (Keep in mind I'd never gotten floor at an arena before) So after I bought the tickets I called the arena box office and asked them to explain to me the floor arrangement. I was elated to find out there will be no seats on the floor for this show. I first saw Tool at the 9-21-06 Columbus show and was blown away. The crowd was great, and there was a nothing but positive energy all around. At that show there were seats on the floor, though. I, however, was located stage-side of Section 105 then.

A two hour trip is nothing to see these guys.

If you see a tall guy with short hair who has a tan that says: "I've been working an outdoor summer sports camp for the last three weeks," outside before the doors open, with another guy and a girl, it's probably me.

Let's be good to everyone we see there, and make this another great show.

-jbuck

skrribble
05-13-2007, 09:15 AM
anyone who wanted floor tickets should've gone down to the arena to get them.... i got there half an hour early and was the 12th person there.... it was very easy to get good seats.... kinda sad to see that there are so few tool fans in cincinnati...

Aidenn
05-13-2007, 07:47 PM
The July 1st show has been moved to my hometown Youngstown, Ohio. Sooo excited to see these guys again in my hometown!!!!!!!

For details

www.realrock104.com
www.chevroletcentre.com

Bogart
05-14-2007, 06:04 AM
anyone who wanted floor tickets should've gone down to the arena to get them.... i got there half an hour early and was the 12th person there.... it was very easy to get good seats.... kinda sad to see that there are so few tool fans in cincinnati...

Thats what I should have done, I was just too lazy to make a 15 min drive. However, I was online right when they went on sale and no floor seats were available. That's alright, 7th row lower bowl is good too.

Blackbird71
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
This is my first and likely my last t.d.n. post, but I have to chime in and say I got floor for this show. I live in Columbus.

I arrived at my local ticketbastard location about ten minutes early and just barely got in front of a guy waiting for Cheryl Crow tickets. I told the girl working there the show I wanted and she cued it up for me right away so all she'd have to do is press the button. She scored me floor within about five seconds of the tickets going on sale.

I couldn't find a proper seating chart online (ticketbastard's site wasn't loading the seating chart at the time for some reason, big surprise) but the tickets had sections and seat numbers on them. (Keep in mind I'd never gotten floor at an arena before) So after I bought the tickets I called the arena box office and asked them to explain to me the floor arrangement. I was elated to find out there will be no seats on the floor for this show. I first saw Tool at the 9-21-06 Columbus show and was blown away. The crowd was great, and there was a nothing but positive energy all around. At that show there were seats on the floor, though. I, however, was located stage-side of Section 105 then.

A two hour trip is nothing to see these guys.

If you see a tall guy with short hair who has a tan that says: "I've been working an outdoor summer sports camp for the last three weeks," outside before the doors open, with another guy and a girl, it's probably me.

Let's be good to everyone we see there, and make this another great show.

-jbuck

I was at that Columbus show and you're right on--that show just felt electric, before it even started. My favorite Tool show. Loud as hell! Hope this show is just as good but I don't think it will be.

Freemena
05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, I hope to heck it will be. It will be my first, and probably only show. They don't play anywhere close to where I live, so I will be flying there and going with some friends that live in the area.

tomb_45662
05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Alomg with Blackbird71 and Jbuck I was at that last Columbus show also. First time I had seen them was Sept.14th 2001 at the Schott in Columbus. This will be my first trip to Cincy to see TOOL. I'm up in the loge section 237 row E seat 1. Anyone in here know good places to go to eat/drink before or after the show that are close to US Bank Arena? Is it similar to the Arena District in Columbus around Nationwide?

Cple other questions, what are beer prices like inside the arena and are they real hard asses about people burning one? I know we can't smoke at all inside public places in Ohio, just seeing if anyone in here has gotten away with smoking a left handed cig inside there.

mercurykeith
05-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Alomg with Blackbird71 and Jbuck I was at that last Columbus show also. First time I had seen them was Sept.14th 2001 at the Schott in Columbus. This will be my first trip to Cincy to see TOOL. I'm up in the loge section 237 row E seat 1. Anyone in here know good places to go to eat/drink before or after the show that are close to US Bank Arena? Is it similar to the Arena District in Columbus around Nationwide?

Cple other questions, what are beer prices like inside the arena and are they real hard asses about people burning one? I know we can't smoke at all inside public places in Ohio, just seeing if anyone in here has gotten away with smoking a left handed cig inside there.

I'm not going to the show, but my experience with this arena is that they are real hard asses. I'd be extremely careful about any illicit activity going on inside the arena. They will be right on top of you.

Blackbird71
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM

Beer prices are beer prices, my advice is to put a buzz on before the show if you're in walking distance or have a DD (but you knew that already). Cincinnati is DUI city, just ask the Bengals.

Also, as mercurykeith noted, they are hard asses at us bank. Wasn't so bad when I saw nin there a while back, but that was when smoking was legal indoors. Be careful.

Also, downtown Cincinnati is crap compared to the arena district in Columbus. You're better off crossing the river and getting something to eat in Newport, or just puttin' the buzz on at your hotel/residence/what have you. I love the arena district and wish Cinci had something like it. Unfortunately the only things to do downtown are Reds and Bengals games, and concerts. I wish they'd roll through Columbus or Cleveland again just for the sake of the atmosphere in and around the arenas in these cities.

Freemena, although it probably won't top my favorite show last year, don't worry. Tool, even on an off-night, is awesome live, and you won't forget it.

Bogart
05-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Damn...I figured there would be more posters that are going to this show.

skrribble
05-15-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah... tool at nationwide was fuckin awesome... but i dont know about at us bank... i've heard the sound there isnt that great..... also like others have said downtown cincy isnt that great... go over to newport and get drunk at the hofbrau haus if thats your thing

Bogart
05-16-2007, 06:29 AM
go over to newport and get drunk at the hofbrau haus if thats your thing

That place is great and has good beer also.

Ive been to a few showsat US Bank arena including Tool and the soundis pretty good.

Freemena
05-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Yes! I thought at first I wasn't going to be able to take the time off from work, so I couldn't buy my tickets until yesterday. Granted, I'm in the middle of the nosebleed section (I think) Section 211, row E. But according to the chart I will at least be able to see the entire band. I am so excited.

reptile1230
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM

The last time they played at US Bank the whole damn place smelled like a Rastafarian convention. Provided you're not at the end of an aisle or in a rent-a-cop's face, I'd go right ahead and smoke that shit.

aenigmatic96
05-17-2007, 03:12 PM
The July 1st show has been moved to my hometown Youngstown, Ohio. Sooo excited to see these guys again in my hometown!!!!!!!

For details

www.realrock104.com
www.chevroletcentre.com

do you live right in youngstown or outside of it?

Bogart
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
The last time they played at US Bank the whole damn place smelled like a Rastafarian convention. Provided you're not at the end of an aisle or in a rent-a-cop's face, I'd go right ahead and smoke that shit.

Blaze up!

Yeah, it's pretty easy to get away with.

InsideTheOutside20
05-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Got my tickets this morning, see all you sick fucks there!!!

Section 130, Row K

My tickets finally arrived in the mail.
Section 130, Row H, Seats 1, 2, & 3.

A few rows infront of you.

Tone Loc
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM

Yeah, but that was before the horse shit Issue 5 smoking ban. I personally wouldn't risk it. That being said, I'm a cigarette smoker, and I've never smoked at a TOOL concert. Mainly because I'm afraid of being caught, but also because I understand that it turns the band off, and I don't want to diminish their energy at all.

FrankBlack007
05-23-2007, 07:58 PM
I saw Tool in Columbus last year and I fear it's going to remain the highlight of my concert life.

I saw The Pot

I saw Vicaorious,

and I saw Aenima.

At my very first tool show.

NOTHING will top that.

That being said, I have some pit tix available.

Look on eBay for the ones with free shipping. They're cheaper than the others.

Sold by UNixFreak. That's your clue.

Special times await.

InsideTheOutside20
05-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Maybe its just me but I wouldn't smoke at the concert if it worries you. If they are dicks about things there, then why risk getting kicked out after spending the money for the tickets? Do what you gotta do before the show... so what if your buzz wears off.... Its Tool.

iswingonthespiral
05-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I will have to agree that I saw the Columbus show last year and I was on the floor. The crowd was amazing. Sound was great. Band was tight. I saw them in Cleveland 2 days later and it was a let down. I will be seeing them in Atlanta, Cincy, and Huntington WV and I hope 1 of these will come close to the Columbus show, which was unbelievable. Anyone from Tool Army meeting up before the show?

FrankBlack007
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I will have to agree that I saw the Columbus show last year and I was on the floor. The crowd was amazing. Sound was great. Band was tight. I saw them in Cleveland 2 days later and it was a let down. I will be seeing them in Atlanta, Cincy, and Huntington WV and I hope 1 of these will come close to the Columbus show, which was unbelievable. Anyone from Tool Army meeting up before the show?

Wow man, I wish I could do what you're doing.

The Columbus show was phenomenal, wasn't it. I remember walking out after the show in the warm night air and, on a dare from my wife (I'm an introvert), yelling "Whooo!"

Everyone around me erupted. I just smiled. Tool clearly left us wanting more. But it was such a *positive* energy. I'm old (35) but I've never felt that communion of excitement in any of the 60 concerts I'd seen (Slayer is just a whole 'nother vibe, and you know you're gonna be hurt, but that's how it is).

Pink Floyd, meet Black Sabbath. And at Nationwide, the crowd knew it.

FrankBlack007
05-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Not for nothin', but my cousin got some pit tickets (yes, it's really my cousin, not me I GOT MINE). He doesn't know that much about Tool (won the tickets from a radio station...WEBN?) , but I told him to not charge for shipping so if you're looking for pit tickets... try this. I just dont' think I could handle Tool in a pit, LOL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tool-Tickets-Cincinnati-US-Bank-Arena-PIT-FLOOR_W0QQitemZ230133485267QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1612 2QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Again, I have no stake in it. But no one's bid yet, so it might be worth a look. Last time I checked it was cheap.

iswingonthespiral
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
35 aint old. I am 31. I have been to at least 250 concerts and that was in the top 5. Columbus was a perfect show. Crowd was great, sound was excallent, seats were killer, and Tool was unbelievable. So much energy. What a night.

FrankBlack007
05-24-2007, 07:52 PM
35 aint old. I am 31. I have been to at least 250 concerts and that was in the top 5. Columbus was a perfect show. Crowd was great, sound was excallent, seats were killer, and Tool was unbelievable. So much energy. What a night.

You're just a kid to me. LOL Just kidding!

Ain't it great we saw "The Pot" et al with a great crowd? I mean, the wife and I were the only ones standing up and yes, "headbanging", for Aenima. Not that I'm complaining, but the wife told me "F*ck these people" before we got up and moved our body's worth. Silly, maybe. But I"ll take that crowd over anything.

-FB

Fahque L
05-28-2007, 12:32 AM
I was at the sept Nationwide show too. It was good, but am I the ONLY one that got tons of high pitch feedback from Adam's guitar? I was front row lower level far end sec 113. This may be just my ears as I hear high pitch sounds that many people around me dont hear. Anyone who has taken a hearing test in earphones telling the operator if you heard a noise in the left or right can understand where I am coming from.

As far as best show: Agora, Cleveland, Oct 96 beyond a doubt. Small intimate setting like the Agora and the first tour for Aenema album. I was FURIOUS that I could not get tickets for the small venue tour last spring in either Chi-town or Bean-town either of which my schedule allowed. $500 scalpers be damned!

Anyway, I am considering making the drive to cinci for this show as its closer than youngstown.

FrankBlack007
06-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I was at the sept Nationwide show too. It was good, but am I the ONLY one that got tons of high pitch feedback from Adam's guitar? I was front row lower level far end sec 113. This may be just my ears as I hear high pitch sounds that many people around me dont hear. Anyone who has taken a hearing test in earphones telling the operator if you heard a noise in the left or right can understand where I am coming from.

As far as best show: Agora, Cleveland, Oct 96 beyond a doubt. Small intimate setting like the Agora and the first tour for Aenema album. I was FURIOUS that I could not get tickets for the small venue tour last spring in either Chi-town or Bean-town either of which my schedule allowed. $500 scalpers be damned!

Anyway, I am considering making the drive to cinci for this show as its closer than youngstown.

I can't tell you what section I was in, only that it was nosebleed center back (and perfect).

Don't know about Agora, but it sounds like it was intense. Nationwide was my first Tool concert, and it was amazing...fucking flabbergasting.

That being said...the Cincy show is going to suffer in comparison. These guys are clearly burning themselves out on the "!0,000 Dates" tour. Maynard spoke all the time during Aenima's tour. Spoke often, but less, on Lateralus' tour. Said a few "Maynardisms" last year at Nationwide. Now what I read is he's silent. Obviously he is tiring of the crowds...Roger Waters did the same thing with Floyd. It's no longer fulfilling to him. And if it's no longer fulfilling with him, it can't be fulfilling with Adam, Danny and Justin. TOO MANY SHOWS. I seriously doubt they will ever do another tour this big. The album and songs are too personal to perform to shitheads every night. Not the people here, of course, but you know who I mean. The real Tool fans are, sadly, a minority of the beer-swilling, shouting, laser-pointing, moshing lizards that attend these concerts. Not to be Captian Buzzkill, but enjoy them while you have them.

...And I fucking will enjoy them. It could end no other way.

talkingsillymonkey
06-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone was thinking about visiting the "Creation Museum" across the river in Kentucky the day of the show?I know I have to check this place out.The laughs will be priceless.

FrankBlack007
06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone was thinking about visiting the "Creation Museum" across the river in Kentucky the day of the show?I know I have to check this place out.The laughs will be priceless.

Embarrassing, that monument to ignorance.

Still, it would be fun to take the tour wearing a space helmet and shout "nothing but a bunch of earthling LIES!" at every opportunity. Then ask if anyone would consider donating to the Scientology Museum.

veikley
06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I can't tell you what section I was in, only that it was nosebleed center back (and perfect).

Don't know about Agora, but it sounds like it was intense. Nationwide was my first Tool concert, and it was amazing...fucking flabbergasting.

That being said...the Cincy show is going to suffer in comparison. These guys are clearly burning themselves out on the "!0,000 Dates" tour. Maynard spoke all the time during Aenima's tour. Spoke often, but less, on Lateralus' tour. Said a few "Maynardisms" last year at Nationwide. Now what I read is he's silent. Obviously he is tiring of the crowds...Roger Waters did the same thing with Floyd. It's no longer fulfilling to him. And if it's no longer fulfilling with him, it can't be fulfilling with Adam, Danny and Justin. TOO MANY SHOWS. I seriously doubt they will ever do another tour this big. The album and songs are too personal to perform to shitheads every night. Not the people here, of course, but you know who I mean. The real Tool fans are, sadly, a minority of the beer-swilling, shouting, laser-pointing, moshing lizards that attend these concerts. Not to be Captian Buzzkill, but enjoy them while you have them.

...And I fucking will enjoy them. It could end no other way.

I agree...I have this feeling that TOOL will not be around too much longer. I definitely think something has changed with Maynards voice and he just cant belt it out anymore.....hopefully its just a temporary thing with his voice because I would love to hear the crazy scream in Stinkfist again and the end of Vicarious rather than the crowd screaming the wrong lyrics.

veikley
06-06-2007, 10:30 PM
as for hofbrau haus....very good beer..was there after the Cornell show at Bogarts. Definitely recommend it. If anyone is wanting to party and car pool down from Columbus..PM me.

Bogart
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Hofbrau Haus is the shit, such a good time.

It's almost time kids...

skrribble
06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
i got GA tickets for this show... anyone else gonna be joining me in the madness??

i hope the pit wasn't a mistake

Bogart
06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
i got GA tickets for this show... anyone else gonna be joining me in the madness??

i hope the pit wasn't a mistake

It's not bad at all.

FrankBlack007
06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Quick note to Bogart- I'm the OG Michael Myers fan in Cinci, boyo. Nice avatar!

As for the pit, I don't see how it will be a problem. Slayer? Slipknot? Problem. But Tool being so unique...well it raises the question: how the fuck do you mosh to 10/8 time?

I'd recommend sneaking in a taser for any moshers during 10k Days....but that would be wrong, and everything the moshers just recently stood for. :)

I still hope we get The Pot over Flood, though. Or Opiate. Or Pushit.

BTW - Stupid newbie Q, but are they playing Aenima's version of Pushit or Salival's? I worship the latter.

"I met Maynard 16 years ago. I was told there was nothing left. He got hungry; I think he'll be back. I'm going to wait for him."

skrribble
06-09-2007, 07:03 AM
BTW - Stupid newbie Q, but are they playing Aenima's version of Pushit or Salival's? I worship the latter.

I believe i've read that they're playing the aenima version

FrankBlack007
06-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I believe i've read that they're playing the aenima version

Ah shit. Well, the Aenima version still kicks it.

InsideTheOutside20
06-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up for Pushit. They are still playing Right In Two or Flood at some shows.

Bogart
06-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up for Pushit. They are still playing Right In Two or Flood at some shows.

For the love of god, I hope they don't play Right in Two, I despise that song.

InsideTheOutside20
06-10-2007, 11:34 AM
I just want to see them... I don't really care.

tomb_45662
06-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey just wondering if any of you have either seen and/or heard of any of the opening bands for this leg of the tour? I'm driving from Columbus for this show, I'll be in Section 237 Row E Seat 1. Also how much does it usually cost to park in the arena area or how do they do the parking down there in Cincy?

FrankBlack007
06-11-2007, 08:32 PM
m

InsideTheOutside20
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey just wondering if any of you have either seen and/or heard of any of the opening bands for this leg of the tour? I'm driving from Columbus for this show, I'll be in Section 237 Row E Seat 1. Also how much does it usually cost to park in the arena area or how do they do the parking down there in Cincy?

http://www.usbankarena.com/directions.php
http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/180631
http://www.stubhub.com/us-bank-arena-tickets/details/?venue_config_ID=5449

If that doesn't answer your parking question, you can look a little deeper into it.

As for the opening band, last I heard was Melt Banana was only opening for them until the 23rd or something like that... but that isn't for sure. I have no clue who is next.

InsideTheOutside20
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Melt Banana's official site only lists them as support for Tool until the 23rd... On the 29th they will be in Denver, thank god.

Maz46&2
06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll have to deal with Melt Banana on the 20th but not the 27th, I wonder who will open for them then. It'd be nice if they didn't have an opener and just played from 8pm onward, maybe there would be time for "Ænema".

InsideTheOutside20
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
It would be nice to not have an opener.... Tool does get some shitty bands to open for them sometimes... But, they do have some awesome bands too.

Maz46&2
06-11-2007, 09:31 PM
It would be nice to not have an opener.... Tool does get some shitty bands to open for them sometimes... But, they do have some awesome bands too.

Yeah, lately the openers have blown. I liked Mastadon last year and Tomahawk on the Lateralus tour. Meshuggah wasn't the greatest but considering what we have had I'd take them again.

InsideTheOutside20
06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I was a fan of Mastodon and Meshuggah before they toured with tool. I would love to have seen that...

veikley
06-12-2007, 09:08 AM

Vegas shows didnt have an opener...I would take that over melt banana anyday

InsideTheOutside20
06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Maybe we will get lucky.

InsideTheOutside20
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Should I expect a frisking when I walk in the arena?

veikley
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I am sure the usual..empy your pockets..light leg and waist area frisking will occur. Just dont look like a terrorist when you go to the show and they will leave you alone for the most part.

Lickingod
06-15-2007, 04:12 AM
This is my third time seeing them this tour. I was lucky enough to get tickets to Detroit on their 16 leg Pre-Tour last year. that was the most incredible experience of my life, there couldnt have been more than 1500 people there.
Then Columbus too
This time around, NO SEATS and we have floor tickets. My god I can't WAIT!!!!!!

This makes lucky number 7!

Bogart
06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Should I expect a frisking when I walk in the arena?

Just your usual pat down.

InsideTheOutside20
06-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I was just wondering because the last time I saw them it was a little more than the usual pat down.... and I have never been to this arena so I don't really know their procedures.

Lickingod
06-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Just bring a girl with you, problem solved :D

If you are a girl, gg.

piratesockmonkey
06-20-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm still trying to find a ticket! :( The weekend they went on sale I had just bought tickets for the show in Baltimore so I was tapped out. I'm just a little snobby when it comes to shows and refuse to have an actual seat assignment, so anyone out there with an extra floor ticket for sale, let me know!

True, this thread has not gotten the response one would expect. Cincinnati is kind of lame though, been taken over by emo kids, haha. No offense to emo kids out there, I just don't see the appeal of looking like a panda and listening to music that doesn't give you peace of mind.

Also, if I do end up going to the show, I will be going alone...which I don't really like, so anyone want a tagalong?

Blackbird71
06-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Stopped at US Bank the other day to pick up some tickets, got section 202, a head-on view of the stage in the upper level. The receptionist said the lower level is full and there's just a few scattered seats in the upper levels left. Should be a good sized crowd, looking forward to this show.

skrribble
06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Cincinnati is kind of lame though, been taken over by emo kids, haha. No offense to emo kids out there, I just don't see the appeal of looking like a panda and listening to music that doesn't give you peace of mind.

Emo kids and people who love rap.... thats all I ever see down here.... thats why i didnt think getting a good ticket to this show would be difficult at all.... especially when i showed up to get tickets the day they went on sale and there were only 10 ppl in line... cincinnati does not have good taste in music for the most part

Bogart
06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Cincinnati is kind of lame though, been taken over by emo kids, haha. No offense to emo kids out there....

What the hell are you talking about?

piratesockmonkey
06-20-2007, 07:22 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Not sure...I forgot for a moment there wouldn't probably be any Emo kids on this site...*shrugs* I tend to not function properly at work.

Got a ticket, sorta, won it on eBay and hoping it will come in time for the show.

Where is the best parking going to be? Since I'll be alone I don't want to walk too far into downtown from the arena.

skrribble
06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Where is the best parking going to be? Since I'll be alone I don't want to walk too far into downtown from the arena.

there is a parking garage right across the street from the arena on pete rose way.... they usually dont charge too much and all you have to do is walk up some stairs and you're at the arena

Bogart
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Yah, there is plenty of parking in the downtown district, especially by the arena you'll be fine.

Another week kids.

InsideTheOutside20
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I can't wait.

Blackbird71
06-22-2007, 05:21 AM
There should be plenty of parking but the price might be steeper. The Reds play the Cards that same night at Great American Ballpark, located directly next to US Bank Arena. Parking fees will probably be higher because of this (although the Reds suck and their attendance isn't spectacular).

piratesockmonkey
06-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Ok, awesome. I haven't been downtown for so long I forgot about the parking under the arena. I paid $20 for parking in the arena lot at the Baltimore show, waited 45 minutes from the 6th level to get the out but it was worth not having to walk all over a city I was unfamiliar with.

One week indeed! I'm getting more and more excited, two shows in one month!. Would be nice to see some of you fuckers down there, but I'm kinda shy. ;)

veikley
06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
there anyway to hang out across the river and take a boat taxi?

skrribble
06-24-2007, 12:48 PM
there anyway to hang out across the river and take a boat taxi?

not that i know of, but there is a walking bridge that takes you from newport to pretty close to the arena if you are into walking....

InsideTheOutside20
06-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say find a bridge....

masshysteria
06-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Are there any good breweries/pubs around the arena? I am more of a microbrew fan and if there are any recommendations for us (we are travelling from Murfreesboro,TN to Cincy) they would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be my second Tool show in 2 weeks time. My first show ever was the Bonnaroo opus, and now I hopefully will get to see Pushit at this show (no complaints though I got to see The Pot, Aenima, Flood, and Lateralus w Tom Morello at my first show) so I hope to get this song or another older song (Eulogy??). See you guys at the show.

InsideTheOutside20
06-24-2007, 04:14 PM
You got a great show at Bonnaroo, I hope you don't have your hopes up for the Cincy show...

masshysteria
06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Not too much, I had my hopes up for the Roo show and they were fullfilled. I am going to this show with a much different mindset. I knew that Tool was going to bring it for roo and now I want to experience the show in an arena setting. I am going to see this show on a clear mind (unlike roo...haha). But no I am keeping my hopes low for this one, and hopefully come away with more respect from the band. They way I am looking at it is that Tool will have a day off before and after the cincy show and hopefully that makes it so that they will put a little more effort in the show since they will be rested up.

skrribble
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Are there any good breweries/pubs around the arena? I am more of a microbrew fan and if there are any recommendations for us

the haufbrau haus is in newport... its an authentic german beer house

veikley
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM

and the beer is mighty tasty

Bogart
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Are there any good breweries/pubs around the arena? I am more of a microbrew fan and if there are any recommendations for us (we are travelling from Murfreesboro,TN to Cincy) they would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be my second Tool show in 2 weeks time. My first show ever was the Bonnaroo opus, and now I hopefully will get to see Pushit at this show (no complaints though I got to see The Pot, Aenima, Flood, and Lateralus w Tom Morello at my first show) so I hope to get this song or another older song (Eulogy??). See you guys at the show.

If Tool played Eulogy at this show I would probably shit my pants.

InsideTheOutside20
06-24-2007, 08:29 PM

I really want to check this place out. I have heard a lot about it. Its on the Kentucky side?

Blackbird71
06-25-2007, 05:44 AM
I really want to check this place out. I have heard a lot about it. Its on the Kentucky side?

Yes it is on the Kentucky side in Newport. The beer is excellent.

Four days now.....

Bogart
06-25-2007, 07:42 AM

The beer is so good there. Its really a good time to go there, especially when the polka band is playing.

veikley
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM

i will shit mine as well so at least you wont be the only one.

im sort of interested in hearing this new opening band big business. at least it isnt melt banana cuz what i saw on youtube completely turned me off to them.

piratesockmonkey
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
im sort of interested in hearing this new opening band big business. at least it isnt melt banana cuz what i saw on youtube completely turned me off to them.

Melt Banana wasn't bad, just not what you would expect to open for TOOL. They have an interesting sound, it's just very hard to pull off live I think. I enjoyed it, but there were others who were not as respectful...and made it known, like children do.

*looks up Big Business* Man, I want to redo their website so bad. I'll have to give them a listen when I get home from work.

Got my ticket in the mail yesterday. Not a GA like I was hoping to find, I'm glad I will be there nonetheless.

tomb_45662
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree with piratesockmonkey in regards to the Big BUsiness website, their site needs some major work. Different topic, does anyone know how much it costs to park at US Bank Arena? Looked up some info on their website but could'nt find anything? Beer prices inside dont look too bad, 24 ounce draft beer for $5.50, that's not too bad for arena prices,lol.

tooldude
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
anyone have an extra ticket they want to get rid of?

piratesockmonkey
06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Different topic, does anyone know how much it costs to park at US Bank Arena?

Found a site that says parking starts at $6, but it also changes per event. I paid $20 for arena parking in Baltimore, I bet it will be about the same here.

InsideTheOutside20
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
At what time should I arrive at the arena, for parking?

andrewzipp
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
i think parking will be $10 (it won't be $20), and that lot sucks. you'd be better off parking in a lot downtown and walking half a mile than getting stuck in there and having to wait an hour for the cars ahead to clear out.

I like US Bank, they serve guinness in addition to the standard american beers.

(Trivia: Back in the 70's, the whole arena would be General Admission, there was no assigned seating at all, so people would line up really early to get a good spot. When The Who played at US Bank (then it was called Riverfront Coliseum) and the people lining up outside were pushing and shoving so much before the doors opened that eleven people suffocated and died. When the doors opened, everyone rushed in, and it wasn't till after the concert that they figured out what had happened.)

masshysteria
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah I have heard about that trivia, and that is why they have banned GA until recently (I think). Anyways thanks for the recommendation on pub to go to, I will try to check it out. Now a few more questions. Now at bonnaroo it was easy to sneak stuff in as long as you hid it away from view. Now how hard does security check through your stuff while entering the arena? I want to bring a party favor or two (inside shoe or other recommendation) with me and maybe a small camera (in gf's purse). If they are pretty strict I will leave it out in the car or whatever but just want to know just in case. Thanks guys, and hopefully we have no douchebaggs throwing shit at maynard at this show.

skrribble
06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
honestly, i think if u are smart about it then u shouldnt have any problem getting anything in... like u said, u could put it in your shoe, they wont make u take them off... at the fort wayne show, they made us hold the stuff from our pockets in our hands and then did a pathetic pat down, just barely even touched us... they didnt even look what was in our hands, i couldve been holding a knife ( not that i want any of you to bring a knife, but thats how pathetic it was )

P.S. - it was just a couple years ago when they lifted the ban on GA seating (2004)

BK Meyers
06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Saw them In Evansville, IN on 6/17 and am wanting to see them for the Cincy show.
Does anyone have a ticket for sale??

Thanks,
BK

reptile1230
06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah I have heard about that trivia, and that is why they have banned GA until recently (I think). Anyways thanks for the recommendation on pub to go to, I will try to check it out. Now a few more questions. Now at bonnaroo it was easy to sneak stuff in as long as you hid it away from view. Now how hard does security check through your stuff while entering the arena? I want to bring a party favor or two (inside shoe or other recommendation) with me and maybe a small camera (in gf's purse). If they are pretty strict I will leave it out in the car or whatever but just want to know just in case. Thanks guys, and hopefully we have no douchebaggs throwing shit at maynard at this show.

I saw the Chilis here back in January and they literally didn't search us or make us empty our pockets or anything. Of course that show had a seated floor though...

andrewzipp
06-27-2007, 06:27 AM
The worst place to hide anything is in a pack of cigarettes, that's about the only thing they'll look in. At Ft. Wayne, my friend was smoking a cigarette on the floor, and a guard came by and took it out of his hand to look at the butt, handed it back, and told him to put it out. I'm not sure what they would have done if it were something else. He was being reeeeealy obvious about it though.

iswingonthespiral
06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
2 days! Anyone know of any bars downtown to hit before and after the show? Also, who is also going to the Huntington show? Just curious cause I will be at both.

InsideTheOutside20
06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
2 days! Anyone know of any bars downtown to hit before and after the show? Also, who is also going to the Huntington show? Just curious cause I will be at both.

Me, but I am sure you already figured that...

Blackbird71
06-28-2007, 04:51 AM
In the Chicago review someone posted a photo of the setlist and it said they're playing the short version of Stinkfist. Have they been playing the short version this entire tour? Would like to see the long but I'll take the short anyday....

tooldude
06-28-2007, 06:35 AM
im pretty sure theyve been playing the on the road mix, or extended version of stinkfist for the whole tour...im also thinking about going to huntington that is if i can come up with some cash and find tickets...im goin broke...ive seen tool 3 times in the past 2 weeks and tomorrow will be the 4th..maybe ill see ya there man.

Blackbird71
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Sweet, I love the extended version. See ya there.

iswingonthespiral
06-28-2007, 02:31 PM
This will be my 4th show of this tour and Huntington makes 5. Obsessed? My wife thinks so. I have heard extended Stinkfist at all shows so far.

Lateralias
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
So as far as parking it's $10? Any other good places to park around the arena?

Lickingod
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
24 hours!

iswingonthespiral
06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Bars to hit downtown?

skrribble
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
for bars go to newport across the river... they're much better... and just a walk across a bridge to the arena....

Bogart
06-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Just heard an interview with Maynard on WEBN...he says he loves playing Ohio and thje band is pretty pumped abut playing tonight, should be a killer show. Also, Maynard discussed a possible Tool album in '08.

FrankBlack007
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Just heard an interview with Maynard on WEBN...he says he loves playing Ohio and thje band is pretty pumped abut playing tonight, should be a killer show. Also, Maynard discussed a possible Tool album in '08.

WHOOO! Man, I wish I had heard the Nard interview. I hope they play The Pot...can't wait.

See you guys (or not) there! Sec 112 in body only.

Opiate Son
06-29-2007, 10:08 AM

piratesockmonkey
06-29-2007, 10:41 AM
I missed the interview too. Sad. I was having a rough morning. I'm hopeful that this evening will lighten my mood.

Sec 105...I believe. I'm getting anxious.

andrewzipp
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I just now bought a floor ticket on Ticketmaster, they might have done a drop or something. So go now if you are still holding out.

farbeyonddriven04
06-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Got tickets for tonight, sect 140 row Q are those pretty decent seats? never been to USbank arena, and this is my first time seeing Tool. also what kind of merch are they selling currently?

-E

farbeyonddriven04
06-29-2007, 12:29 PM
And the band opening tonight is Big Business, they...umm...suck.

-E

InsideTheOutside20
06-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I just arrived at my hotel and I'm now waiting to leave to go to the arena.

farbeyonddriven04
06-29-2007, 12:39 PM
leaving early eh? how far of a drive did you have? where are your seats?

piratesockmonkey
06-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Awesome night despite some seat confusions and what felt like a 5 mile walk back to my car.

Hodge
06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
setlist?

Benjees82
06-29-2007, 11:48 PM
setlist?

I can't seem to find the Review thread for this show. I wasn't there, just curious as to what was played. Someone help a brother out please.

3poundsoflove
06-29-2007, 11:53 PM
If no one has posted anything, I guess it's because there were no surprises.

EleventhEye
06-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Setlist, as far as I can remember- I was in 114 Row L if anyone was nearby

Jambi, Stinkfist, 46&2, Schism, Lost Keys, Rosetta Stoned, sweet interlude with Intension, Right in Two, Wings & 10,000 Days, Lateralus with AMAZING drum solo/duet with drummer from Big Business, and Vicarious

I thought the show was absolutely phenomenal, I had a great view of the band and my ears are still ringing- hope everyone else feels the same.

czwalga00gt
06-30-2007, 03:48 AM
In relation to the columbus show, this one can't compare. The arena was terrible for sound, i'm pretty sure I never heard maynard throughout the entire concert. We even moved around trying to find a better place, seemed it sucked everywhere.

The drum set during lateralus was amazing, then again the problem with the sound wasn't with the drums.

piratesockmonkey
06-30-2007, 04:50 AM
In relation to the columbus show, this one can't compare. The arena was terrible for sound, i'm pretty sure I never heard maynard throughout the entire concert. We even moved around trying to find a better place, seemed it sucked everywhere.

The drum set during lateralus was amazing, then again the problem with the sound wasn't with the drums.

Agreed, way to ruin an awesome song, put someone out there who doesn't know how to play it.

Also, the lighting, could they not have fucked up the lasers better than accidentally turning on half of the arena's billboards, including the video screen in the middle. I'd like to hear Maynard's comments on that.

I was in 105 and only had a few problems hearing, mostly because of all the pricks talking around me. I know the instrumentals are long some times but they are not an excuses to send your buddies for more beer or to sit and chat about your day. I'm there for the music, with or without the words.

Sorry I can't remember the whole set list, but yeah it was pretty much the same show I had seen earlier this month. It was still awesome though.

Lennon
06-30-2007, 05:40 AM

Jambi, Stinkfist, 46&2, Schism, Lost Keys, Rosetta Stoned, sweet interlude with Intension, Right in Two, Wings & 10,000 Days, Lateralus with AMAZING drum solo/duet with drummer from Big Business, and Vicarious

I thought the show was absolutely phenomenal, I had a great view of the band and my ears are still ringing- hope everyone else feels the same.

I was 112 row L. Great seats, Maynard looked our way the entire show.

farbeyonddriven04
06-30-2007, 06:29 AM

Setlist seems right to me, I was in section 140 row Q and had an amazing view of both band and lasers/ screen graphics, detinitely the best show I've been to. I didn't really hear any sound problems at all from my seats.

All in all, a great show, my parents loved it too Dad 50, Mom 52! I love my parents when they heard I was seeing Tool they had to come too, they are both huge fans as well.

-E

Jughead
06-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Section 110. Best seats I've ever had to any event. The music was awesome but I couldn't hear Maynard for shit either. Big Business drummer was off the hook. I wanna get that version of lateralus.

farbeyonddriven04
06-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Anyone know what Maynard said exactly during the show? when music wasn't playing the assholes behind were talking at top volume, I know he said something about us being louder than Chicago, and something about "bastards" when they first came out.

-E

not.jesse.cantrall
06-30-2007, 07:05 AM
I had floor seats right next to the barrier. I was directly in front of Adam. The only problem with the show is that you can't hear Maynard. It's not that that's all I want to hear, far from it, but you literally could not hear 80% of what he was singing. Since Tool has one of the most awesome live shows ever, I assume this lack of vocal volume is not an accident. I still had a great time at the show; The energy was amazing, the crowd was very good, and the band seemed to really be enjoying it all. Still, I paid for the entire Tool experience, not 3/4 of it.

skrribble
06-30-2007, 07:35 AM
maynard was talking about an iphone for a second during the show.... something about a new one coming out in a couple months that it would make coffee, then "Oh, I forgot you guys were still here"..... also some shit about how chicago was louder, but then he said that they were snooring louder, lol.... he was more talkative than usual it seemed... also the billboards that kept coming on fuckin pissed me off.... thats bullshit when an arena cant even keep control of there fucking lights while a band is playing... overall great performance, sound was okay except for the vocals.... the estlist above is correct...

Danny Carey is a fucking machine

The Irreverent
06-30-2007, 08:51 AM
And the band opening tonight is Big Business, they...umm...suck.

-E

You are crazy

ROCKMOUSE
06-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Setlist seems right to me, I was in section 140 row Q and had an amazing view of both band and lasers/ screen graphics, detinitely the best show I've been to. I didn't really hear any sound problems at all from my seats.

All in all, a great show, my parents loved it too Dad 50, Mom 52! I love my parents when they heard I was seeing Tool they had to come too, they are both huge fans as well.

-E

sounds like my mom and pop, they love tool as much as me, and seeing the last 9 shows and seeing the rest until the break, makes this home school thing even more neato, seemed funny when the power in some sections went out, over all, another great show, to my parents and me, the setlist has nothing to do with any of the shows, my mom crys when wings is played, my dad gets down when they open with jambi, a good opener, kinda lets you know what you're in store for, like kick butt sound, but it's really cool you shared what you see and feel with you're parents, something you'll probably never forget, i know i wont, but ohio rocked, and fans were very nice, and showed respect, as far as fans they have been nice since the sunrise fla. show 7/1/07, a few still throw things, but people are being nicer, good job ohio, great job tool

not.jesse.cantrall
06-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Ahhh yes, Big Business, they are very bad. I wish I had that 30 minutes of my life back.

farbeyonddriven04
06-30-2007, 09:52 AM
sounds like my mom and pop, they love tool as much as me, and seeing the last 9 shows and seeing the rest until the break, makes this home school thing even more neato, seemed funny when the power in some sections went out, over all, another great show, to my parents and me, the setlist has nothing to do with any of the shows, my mom crys when wings is played, my dad gets down when they open with jambi, a good opener, kinda lets you know what you're in store for, like kick butt sound, but it's really cool you shared what you see and feel with you're parents, something you'll probably never forget, i know i wont, but ohio rocked, and fans were very nice, and showed respect, as far as fans they have been nice since the sunrise fla. show 7/1/07, a few still throw things, but people are being nicer, good job ohio, great job tool

Hey, where were your seats? there was a lady in front of me crying during "wings"

-E

Benjees82
06-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I had floor seats right next to the barrier. I was directly in front of Adam. The only problem with the show is that you can't hear Maynard. It's not that that's all I want to hear, far from it, but you literally could not hear 80% of what he was singing. Since Tool has one of the most awesome live shows ever, I assume this lack of vocal volume is not an accident. I still had a great time at the show; The energy was amazing, the crowd was very good, and the band seemed to really be enjoying it all. Still, I paid for the entire Tool experience, not 3/4 of it.

They don't make Maynard hard to hear on purpose. Some arenas just have shittier sound than others. And it's hard for the audio techs to get the mix perfect at every show. At both the shows I have been at this tour, the sound was GREAT. Could hear Maynard the whole time. I have noticed that this lack of vocal volume has been a common complaint on this tour. It's sort of hit and miss depending on where you see them. I guess I have just been lucky.

Benjees82
06-30-2007, 09:58 AM

-E

That's awesome that your parents went with you. My parents didn't even know who Tool was when I told them I was going to see them. They're more into classic rock. But it would be cool as hell to take them to see Tool sometime. Maybe next tour (assuming of course there is another one).

Also thanks to EleventhEye for the setlist. I haven't seen Right in Two live yet. Got my fingers crossed that they'll play it at Summerfest.

HallsOfMandos
06-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't think it was the arena that made the band sound bad...I saw Pearl Jam in the same arena last year, in fact oddly enough I sat in almost the same seat for Tool as I did for Pearl Jam....anyway, Pearl Jam sounded awesome in there so I am not sure what happened with Tool's sound. I have never been more disappointed in a concert before. The sound was awful and we got the same damn generic setlist they play every goddamn night. I doubt I will ever waste my money on seeing them live again if they can't even throw us a bone and mix up the set a bit more than they currently do.

EleventhEye
06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Personally I enjoyed this show much more than the Columbus show at Nationwide. The band played almost a full two hour set last night- Maynard sounded spot-on, really amazing considering the criticism he's been getting lately. The biggest differences were the seats (at Nationwide I was so high up clouds were starting to form)-and the energy at the show. I had a great view and I could see how much the band was enjoying themselves- Danny had this huge grin on his face during the entire drum solo. You could see Justin trying to get himself ready to play Wings, flexing his hands and mentally preparing himself. Also he was drinking a beer during a few songs (I think rolling rock?) and really getting into the music, especially the feedback solo during Lost Keys. The only thing Nationwide had was a much better stage and light show.

Didn't see this part mentioned: during the drum solo Maynard shot out a few hundred yards of toilet paper like a streamer- I think he said after Danny was done it was for everyone who just shit their pants =)

Pure As We Begin
06-30-2007, 11:37 AM
They should have played Jimmy before Wings Pt. 1 for several reasons.

Just my opinion.

tooldude
06-30-2007, 02:30 PM
managed to get a pic of the tour bus from my camera phone...didnt stay long enough to see them come out of the arena though, was too fuckin tired...

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=41291_tool_tour_bus_122_1091lo.jpg (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=41291_tool_tour_bus_122_1091lo.jpg)

Maz46&2
06-30-2007, 02:45 PM
They should have played Jimmy before Wings Pt. 1 for several reasons.

Just my opinion.

"jimmy" does fit in with "Wings" in the sense that "jimmy" talks about when Maynard's mother was paralyzed and she was no longer able to protect him and be there for him physically. "Wings" is more of a eulogy (no pun intended) for his mother comparing her to an angel. It fits in terms of telling the story of his mother's paralysis to her death approximately 10,000 days later but they really don't go together that well in terms of the overall content. Maynard also stated in several 1996/97 shows that "jimmy" was a sequel to "Prison Sex". "Prison Sex" was about identifying the cycle of abuse within one's self and "jimmy" was about working through it by moving on and finding one's way "back home". That said, I'd still like to hear "jimmy" but doubt it will ever see the light of day again.

EleventhEye
06-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I made a playlist a while back with that theme in mind, using some APC songs as well since they deal with the same subject matter. Prison Sex, Bottom, Judith, Orestes, Jimmy, Wings, 10kdays. I would like to have heard Jimmy before Wings/10KDays also, but Intension and Right in Two really brought some gravity and set the mood before they started on 10,000 Days

Maz46&2
06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
It's somewhat interesting to note that if they were to play "jimmy" (which is VERY unlikely) it would probably be put in the "Right In Two", "Flood", "Pushit" spot which happens to fall directly behind "Wings for Marie". Again, seeing as how "jimmy" was only played about 30-40 times since 1996 I STRONGLY doubt they will play it this tour. If they do I will make a point to shit myself in a public setting.

maxthruput
06-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I know its Ohio & all, but if you get Jimmy I will shit myself in public as well. There's not a chance in hell unless they've been sound checking it that is....can anyone confirm?

Maz46&2
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I know its Ohio & all, but if you get Jimmy I will shit myself in public as well. There's not a chance in hell unless they've been sound checking it that is....can anyone confirm?

Haha, I like how your title is "got poopy". That's appropriate considering my post.

There have been no accurate reports of "jimmy" being soundchecked and no recent ones. Though that doesn't mean they won't pull it out at the last minute like they did "Flood" in Greenville, SC.

420scooter
07-01-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm sick that they played "Right In Two" at the Cincy show. I have seen them 14 times, and it's the only song I haven't seen them play live. I live in Columbus, and was dying to go, but am broke after Bonnaroo!!

LivingInClip
07-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I saw them at the US BANK Aerna and I will agree, that you could not barely hear Maynard at all. My friend and I was on the flood, very front, leaning on the barrier (NO ONE INFRONT OF US) and could not hear Maynard, which is sad. I've never seen Tool before, but did see APC twice and both times he was simply amazing.

Still, it seemed the band had fun with it. During that drum "duet", Maynard stood there looking back and forth and having a blast with it. Then there was the toilet paper streamer and even the band having a huge group hug at the end of the show. Overall amazing show, just wish I had money and time to see them again, maybe the sound quality would be a tad better.

Oh and Big Business does not suck. They're not great, but they certainly don't suck, if for no other reason than the fact their drummer kicks total ass.

Hey - did anyone else see the big fight over one of the drum kit pieces after the show? I was right next to it. Some 120lb guy was trying to take some some 300lb guy. Ended up being a huge fiasco .

P.S - Right In Two live is simply amazing.

farbeyonddriven04
07-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I
Oh and Big Business does not suck. They're not great, but they certainly don't suck, if for no other reason than the fact their drummer kicks total ass.

The drummer was the only good thing about them, that band just NEEDS a vocalist, the current one sounds like he ate sandpaper and glass for breakfast.

-E

InsideTheOutside20
07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I thought it was an awesome show. I agree, you couldn't hear Maynard most of the time, but that didn't really bother me. What pissed me off was the idiots at the show. I was in section 130 row H seat 1 and there was a few people that were way too drunk trying to go up and down the stairs. Also, there was a group of 10 people (looked like a whole family) that came in an hour and fifteen minutes late and had an argument about the seats with with the people in the row directly in front of me. They ruined half of Right In Two for a bunch of people. Who pays $645 for a concert and arrives an hour and fifteen minutes late?

Maynard was very talkative. I couldn't hear most of what he said but he did do the "round on the outside and high in the middle" Ohio joke. There was the toilet paper thing. That was funny. Also, I didn't see anybody mention that after Right In Two and before Wings For Marie (when they were setting up for Big Bussiness' drummer to jam with Danny during Lateralus) Justin held up two lighters the entire intermission. The whole arena was lit up with lighters and then Adam blew out Justin's flames.

Other than stupid people and poor vocals, the show was awesome.

LivingInClip
07-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I forgot about the lighter thing. My friend used his lighter and security had a fit, until they looked around and saw the whole arena was lit up, at that point they just shook their head and said fuck it.

Great show. I wish I would of known that they was playing in Y-Town today, I would of just stayed over and went to that show also.

EleventhEye
07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
It was cool that people who didn't have lighters with them lifted up their cell phones- kind of cheesy sounding, but it really made the arena look cool with gold and silver lights everywhere. People were still taking flash pictures during Wings which kind of pissed me off, but I think most people were respectful

InsideTheOutside20
07-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Assholes are everywhere... Nothing you can do but bitch about it I guess.

Lickingod
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
My girl and I waited in line for the floor for almost 6 hours, we got all the way against the rail right in front of Adam. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I have seen TOOL 6 times and have been listening to them for over 12 years, and this was just so different standing 10 feet from my heros. It was almost a religious experience in a sense. I will never forget that night.