PDA

View Full Version : Life Feeds on Life (The Forks)

thezeusanator
05-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I looked through previous threads and didn't find this Idea, however I do not doubt the likelihood of it being thought.

A couple threads had posts where the poster(s) were not sure about what the forks might symbolozize, so this is my interpretation:

I'm looking specifically at the Cd w/ the forks over the pig.

Basically I think it is referencing the lyrics to Disgustipated...Life feeds on Life, feeds on life, feeds on life......this is NECESSARY

Harvest day and all that.

I was reading The Power of Myth w/ Joeseph Campbell and Bill Moyers. They discussed the Uroborus ( Sake eating it's Tail) as representing the violent nature of the coninuation of life, feeding on itself. So, I think this is what the forks and the pig are symbolizing.

Then that as the symbol could take us into all kinds of disscussion.

Is it necessary to be disgusted by life? However Disgust is Subjective.

"While eating bacon one day a young man realized it came from a pig and was disgusted" (I know it's lame)

chaotic_confusion
05-26-2007, 07:02 PM
the pig/forks picture relates to a lot of references to the album's theme. the forks produce and illusion making it seem like they're fully surrounding the pig, a sort of undertow of forks, and the illusion refers to sober, and flood, in the sense that things aren't always as they appear. the disgustipated reference is obvious (interestingly enough, it's danny's pig). but the artwork for the album in general is both layered, and subliminal.

thezeusanator
05-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I think you may be chaotically confused because it's adams pig, and it would be an undertow of pig since it is under the forks.
please explain this illusion stuff in more detail (I already know what an illusion is), the subliminal layers you see, perhaps.