05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
any recommendations?

Books with words.

Apachana
05-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Do commercial signs count too? ;D

MORNING_GLORY
05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
what great advice... truely a thought provoking thread.

]v[edusa
05-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't know if you are talking about the song or tool in general so I'm just going to assume you are talking about Tool as a whole. When it comes to Tool, books help a lot for understanding what Maynard is talking about, but I found that a big chunk of answers actually came from within myself and experience. Experience allows me to relate with what Maynard is singing about.

for example:

You can't just read books on the merkaba and expect an answer. Youre only getting half of the answer about songs like 46 and 2, Merkaba, Schism, etc.

If you are actually experimenting with the Merkaba, the Shadow, the ego, your true self, etc. then the answers will come to you.

using both reading, logic & analysis and experience, imagination, & intuition, you are allowing yourself to not only understand Tool, but understand yourself and life.

jevons
05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
If all my eggs are in one basket, and it turns out i dropped my basket, or worse, if it turns out my basket was an imaginary basket, can i go back and pick them up?
Pigs will eat anything.

TWENTY-THREE
05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't know if you are talking about the song or tool in general so I'm just going to assume you are talking about Tool as a whole. When it comes to Tool, books help a lot for understanding what Maynard is talking about, but I found that a big chunk of answers actually came from within myself and experience. Experience allows me to relate with what Maynard is singing about.

for example:

You can't just read books on the merkaba and expect an answer. Youre only getting half of the answer about songs like 46 and 2, Merkaba, Schism, etc.

If you are actually experimenting with the Merkaba, the Shadow, the ego, your true self, etc. then the answers will come to you.

using both reading, logic & analysis and experience, imagination, & intuition, you are allowing yourself to not only understand Tool, but understand yourself and life.

You pretty much nailed it. *3 Claps*

]v[edusa
05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
You pretty much nailed it. *3 Claps*

So the purpose of you making this thread was for someone to say that?

What does this have to do with Viginti Tres?

Apachana
05-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Once you realise you will die. You'll realize the importance of the Dmt, merkaba and Daath connection.

jevons
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Once you realise you will die. You'll realize the importance of the Dmt, merkaba and Daath connection.

FOCK.

We die when we are of no further use.
Like when we get too tired to stay awake anymore.

i win

ASnakeForEveryEden
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
just tell me here, dammit.

Apachana
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
FOCK.

We die when we are of no further use.
Like when we get too tired to stay awake anymore.

i win

Jevons Win ^^

me sleepy

TWENTY-THREE
05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
So the purpose of you making this thread was for someone to say that?

What does this have to do with Viginti Tres?

I said 3 claps, not 5.

Apachana
05-10-2007, 02:30 AM
Sometimes experience comes first, then tool makes you get it later.

I met my Shadow in a Fever-trip, when I was maybe only 8-9 years old.
He was a cruel vampire, black on one side, white on the other. This was waaay before I'd ever learned the word symbology. Pure primal Fever tripping.
I first read about the shadow just this year. And its connection to vampires.

Now im kinda wondering if this was actually god or maybe choronzon I met.
The aparition vampire thingy scared the shit out me,kid gaving fever nightmare style: like "im gonna die" tripping.
Since choronzon as described by crowley is the guardian of the abyss, and he then represents fear of death. im kinda thinking it could be.

Either way. tool made me remember.

by the way.. I also had the same fever tripping 2 other times as a kid. Both also accompanied with death fear. one I can't remember. and the other was a Goddamn square Lego brick on the wall that I was qute sure would somehow result in my departure. lol weirdness

]v[edusa
05-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Sometimes experience comes first, then tool makes you get it later.

I met my Shadow in a Fever-trip, when I was maybe only 8-9 years old.
He was a cruel vampire, black on one side, white on the other. This was waaay before I'd ever learned the word symbology. Pure primal Fever tripping.
I first read about the shadow just this year. And its connection to vampires.

Now im kinda wondering if this was actually god or maybe choronzon I met.
The aparition vampire thingy scared the shit out me,kid gaving fever nightmare style: like "im gonna die" tripping.
Since choronzon as described by crowley is the guardian of the abyss, and he then represents fear of death. im kinda thinking it could be.

Either way. tool made me remember.

by the way.. I also had the same fever tripping 2 other times as a kid. Both also accompanied with death fear. one I can't remember. and the other was a Goddamn square Lego brick on the wall that I was qute sure would somehow result in my departure. lol weirdness

Hmmm you know I kinda had a similar experience as a child and I didn't know what it was until just recently, through Tool and FOL.

Dont judge.

The right brain allows you to form images. Images, I mean the process by which the right brain translates our sensory experiences into awareness.

Something mild of this would be if someone attacks you you would see red. You would actually see red or you would see the person as a monster.

Ok, I might as well tell you what I saw as a child. At night I used to see alot of huge bugs and spiders all over my room. When I screamed they would actually bite me. These bugs would actually wake me up at night. My parents told me that they weren't real so I tried to believe them and I got used to all the bugs in my room. Eventually I blocked myself from seeing them and they all went away and I never seen anything like that again.

For many years I was wondering what just happened and then when I went to a Flower of Life Workshop a Lady there was telling us her story of how she faced something in the shadow around some time after she activated her Merkaba.

This lady actually allows her right brain to see images so basically the story goes that she was under her covers in her bed and sensed something bad. When she took her head out of the covers to look she saw a huge spider and nearly shit her pants. She was so scared and was wondering why it was there, but then she looked deep into the spiders eyes and felt love and a connection with it. She found something amazing from the huge drooling spider and then had open arms for it. The whole experience really opened up her eyes to the dark things in life and that they are just as important as the light things.

OMG, when I heard her telling us (the group at the workshop) this shadow story I just had my jaw to the floor because it was so parallel to what I used to see as a child.

She told me a lot more about this that I wont say here, but the story really openned up my eyes and helped me realize that those things werent there to scare me at all. If anything they were there to help me connect with the dark things and help me walk through my shadow. So I'm reading up more on seeing with the right brain and practicing exercises so that I may see things similar to this again. So far I'm starting to see the Merkaba field around me and other little things. Its really interesting.

I thought that I understood 46 and 2 before I went to that workshop, but it just makes perfect sense to me now.

Experiencing what Tools all about kicks ass. I don't bullshit anything about my experiences. At times it can be scary, but its only transforming yourself into something truly amazing.

So give away the stone already.

Apachana
05-10-2007, 07:49 AM
great story dude.
I guess we're all more connected to the spiritual plane as kids. Alot of endogeous Dmt being produced in our child pineals, before it calcifies.
Personally I believe that place we were back then, is more real than this we experience now.
I read somewhere that: one of the things the "aliens" told, I think it was mckenna, during a dmt-tripping was that they longed to be brought from their limitless-possibility-plane into our manifested stasis-plane.
Considering something Maynard said about information, that our souls consist of borrowed information from the bright and endless source.
I'm kinda thinking, we (our minds, our identities) are the information we've gathered and ordered into this network of reference.

so I guess when we'e kids we're much closer to the purity of nondual experience, and all this we know call evil and pain is just a fun obstacle course for us.

jevons
05-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Medusa, lllvllledusa, M-M-medusa, i find it wierd that some of, if not the most tumultuous and gripping and memorable and adjective memories i have are usually dreams or hallucinations i had while very young.

I asked my father once: hey, Dad, do you remember when i found that dead blue jay between the two screen doors in the back kitchen? He would say, very abruptly and completely devoid of emotion, no-- that never happened.
I never asked again, but in my memory, he is in the kitchen door, looking at me while i look down and jump at the sight of the dead bird.

I don't know why i shared that.

But there's other ones: a dream where i'm on a golf green, and i'm very small. Two golfballs are slowly moving towards me, their gravitational agreement makes them rock as they advance. Then i hear this loud, redundant, distorted pulsing sound (Wah-wah-wah-wah-wah) begin to intensify as they draw nearer. It scared me like nothing i can recall, even to this day.

Then there's the black shadow in my doorway, fucker kept me up for hours.

Or the time i sat naked on the toilet, convinced my parents were pigs. That's all i could do, cry and call them pigs.

Then there was my first dream, i'm in a room with big white walls, the kind of room you don't really notice the dimensions of, since there's nothing in it. I hear a roaring noise, then i see a door. (You know how in dreams, the doors kind of open without you recognizing touching them, well that happened now) I move into the archway, and there's this huge fucking bulbous black machine: tall and asymmetrical with some lights blinking and bands of metal in places. It is roaring along and spewing smoke.
Scared the willies out of me.

This all stopped before my, oh, let's say 6th birthday. Most of them don't matter, but now i played, too.

roxan46n2
05-10-2007, 10:56 AM
hmm..something of the sort happened to me also when i was around 6 or 7. I remember lying in bed one night and my door was open and right across from my door there was a window that had the curtains pulled aside so you can see through, i remember thinking to get up and close it but as i looked at it i noticed the curtain moved and took on a form that just scared the shit out of me. So i remained in my bed and kept staring at it not knowing what to do, until i fell asleep. I know it probably wasn't anything at all or maybe it was...but I'll never forget justhow scared i was.

Then there was this other time when i had fallen asleep and i dreamt about the oddest thing...it was a white room completely flooded with light and there were white drapes hanging from the ceiling only when you looked up you saw no top, just the curtains extending all the way up into the light,and on the floor were rose petals scattered everywhere and i was walking around, trying to find out where the fuck i was, until i saw this black wheel rolling through but i only saw it in glimpses cus of the curtains, and i remember trying to see what it was cus it was the only black thing in the room, then the wheel started crushing all the flowers on the floor and they instantly decayed and once i noticed that i woke up in a sweat scared shitless. The odd thing is, is that alot of things like that, that i don't understand, happened to me around the same age when i lived in the same trailor. I move ALOT, and most of it has happened in that trailor which i'll never forget...well just thought i'd share..

jevons
05-10-2007, 12:09 PM
The fucking thing of it is, no matter what happens, so long as we're these subjective thingies, anything i experience i have to, to some extent at least, account for the power of the mind. (some) People will not only believe anything you tell them, but anything they tell themselves. Applying this to a time when one is extremely impressionable, it's like a bleeding coin toss to find out what really went down.
Balls, i say, balls.
Nothing pisses me off more than people with answers.

I'll be a God when i take nothing for granted.

Apachana
05-10-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks for sharing your dreams dudes. I love hearing bout rea life strangeness episodes.
Fever dreams or dreaming while awake, not lucid style, is damn weird. No matter what strange reality your mind puts you in in these trips, It seems one simply live the reality provided by the brain with limited ability to tear the veil.

Jevons errr. are you refering to my statement bout dmt and idea of having seen choronzon of the mind?
Cuz I never take anything.. at all. for granted. I just anchor beliefs and trade them, till I find a better version. If my text reads like answers, just read it like thesis proposal instead :)

jevons
05-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Nope, just an idea i try to stick to.

If i take nothing for granted, i can only do what seems sensible.

If i don't feed my cat, then in my mind it will waste away. So i feed it.
I find water makes me wet, so i'll stay out of the rain.

i have no idea what choronzon is, but it sounds like a superhero.

Apachana
05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
:D Doope haha.
Crowley sayz Choronzon is the Daemon guarding the abyss, and if you wanna cross the abyss you must get through him.
Now I figured the abyss was Dmt-merkaba related and that choronzon was the ultimate manifestation of Ego, thus armed with the fear of Death or the dark nothingness.
Kinda like that whole "letting go when you think youve died" about 5meo.
So I took choronzon to be the darkest subliminal aspect of a person, The fear of the unkown (abyss) to mean the same thing as Jungs shadow of the subconscious.
Jung says that the symbol of the shadow, is that of a vampire.
Perhaps as Im thinking, the most fundamental aspect of change -> devouring.

Then after I'd read these things, I suddenly remebered my Fever-hallucination from being a kid. Where this dual black/white Vampire that was armed with some strange flails or maybe swords with spikes, had appeared in my hallucination. And I was gripped by intense fear of dying. So Im now kinda thinking this could have been me facing my subconscious vampire/shadow/choronzon.

Now that your saying superhero lol, I found this two days ago Lol:
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/The_Black_And_White_Man go!

dirkz
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Uncyclopedia ftw!

iwouldificould
07-15-2007, 11:50 AM
"Apes don't read philosophy."

"Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

( a little pearl of wisdom from "A Fish Called Wanda".)