PDA

View Full Version : How can you hate this song

mne pohuy
11-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Wtf, how could you hate this song... okay i guess you could. But seriously, why does Tool have to keep up your opinion of what a spiritual song is (in response to the posts below). Just because it doesn't take YOU to a different spiritual level like Reflection might doesn't mean it doesn't have the potential to. Maybe it's YOUR lack of ability to channel music into an instrument exploration (i'm not saying i'm great at it either).. Like Tool doesn't ever feel angry? Their music is expression for THEM, they write what they feel like. Not to sound arrogant, but who are we to question what or where they put songs on albums. It's their creation, why would you question it. And I think it takes talent to yell like that. You may laugh at a remark like that, but you try yelling like that for the entire song. Yeah it's harder than it sounds. And just because maynard is 36 or whatever, doesn't mean he can't go all out and yell like hell. And one last thought... I really doubt that tool is using this song to sell out. It wasn't even a single... it's in 7/4 a fast 7/4 like 154 bps. What other "pop" rock songs are in meters like that. NOT MANY... plus this song doesn't even sound like other rock songs. This song is still tool, the same Tool you write all this you're god crap about. So give tool a break, everyone gets anger... everyone needs to vent... everyone vents. (yeah okay, i might sound a little pushy, but my thoughts are still my thoughts, purely subjective... so don't get too mad about this)