PDA

View Full Version : Video..... the answer....

holy reality
07-20-2003, 09:57 PM
I downloaded a video of them playing this song in Sacramento... and while the only part of the message is the part towards the end of the long interlude before it starts to get a bit heavier.... the part that kind of sounds like he says "i see jesus" in the left channel on the CD....

anyway he says it about 3 times louder, and a hell of a lot clearer, but I'm still not quite sure what he says...

it sounds much like "save me jesus, save me" however... I think I'm wanting to hear that based on my previous interpretations of hearing him say "i see jesus" in the album.....

the thing he says after that... it sounds like something about a key....

he could be saying "i see it in me, a key..." something like that.... as well...

i'm not up to trying to pick apart what he's saying at 12:53 a.m. in the morning, but I recommend searching for the video on Kazaa... just click video and search for "Tool No Quarter" it's hard to find but it's there..... it's pretty good too.... the camera guy was focusing on justin doing next to nothing while adam was soloing though, which pissed me off a bit.... but... it has great maynard and danny shots... lots of them.... hardly any adam footage though...

I'll give it some more listens later and tell you all if I figure anything out, and I'm not sure how I'd just cut the audio out and get it into Cool Edit Pro, but if I can figure out how to remove the audio from a video I'll sure give that a try in the future.

Tantobourne
07-20-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure how I'd just cut the audio out and get it into Cool Edit Pro,

Is it the 8-26-98 video?

tomatoms
07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
"something you keep held deep inside, you would have killed your whole family"

it was along the lines of what i was most fearing to hear, wanted to nonetheless no doubt. i wonder sometimes. oh...

was that the only thing stopping me? no it wasn't.
sorry i just listened to the song.

it's about a melancholy traumatic experience, fuck the suicide part, its about what its about. In this great and miraculous journey of life, i somewhere fell, and wanted to give up, put an end to misery, self doubt, and hurting the one's i truly care about the most. Or was it selfishness and not the latter? it would have hurt them more than i could ever hurt, i know this. it would have lasted longer than a month or a year, as well. a lifetime...

listen, at the beginning, the hum, live video and studio, first pipe from maynardo, it sounds to me like...excuse me for the space used. the live version/video he skips one line. it's much easier to hear this in the studio one. it's probably just me tho, after the meaning of the song, i have to comb over it with the sentiments i felt about that moment in time, looking back with a new outlook of, "how could I?"

--
ieieieieieieieieiei
IIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii woooouuuuldd neeeever give up
i would never give up
i would never give up
neeee-eee-ver give uuuuu--uuup(also has sounded to me like take my own ---life---, goes to show how interpretable it is)

this was a stamp onto the fact the it is more a criticism than a suggestion, ppl. fugov

its hard to write maynardish

its like they saw true reality television, were touched by it and what came through, wondering. just like i am. what the fuck for?
scrutiny? observation?

"killyourself?....would you really....how couldyou?"

(guess who's back...shady's back...tell a friend...)

im done now...DONE

tomatoms
07-22-2003, 01:30 AM
sacremento...i love them little zylophone sounds of danny's, they're great!!!!

it's the one where maynard's like...

"...but we're gonna play it for you guys cuz yer our favorite audience EVER!!!!..."

yes, it was on lachrymology. and i still hear the same thing i heard when i listened to it the last time, 4 frickin months ago. yep

ok, now im DONE

rochey-o
09-08-2005, 07:11 PM
i dont get it