PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why Maynard used to lean forward?

_Parabola_
05-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I just watched some videos on youtube of him and this song it really stands out..he used to lean forward, now he leans back...

weesper
05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Maybe he's got a back problem...

ThirdEyeSeed
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Maybe he's an alien...

tomisatool
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
It's probably getting harder for him to sing.

slamminsalmon
05-03-2007, 04:38 PM
cuz he sold out lol

hushypushy
05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Give him two more tours, he'll be leaning forward again...but it won't be his menacing stance, it'll be him with a cane.

TurdEye13
05-04-2007, 11:18 AM
cuz he sold out lol

harsh bro

Ajfelt
07-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I personally think it is another attemp on Maynards part to be uncool. I think he goes way out of his way to try not to be the icon type rockstar people want to latch onto. Not that I don't think he is cool, I do, I completely respect the entire band for there art and the effort to make people dig deeper. I at one time thought his leaning maybe something to do with his air passage and how it affects his ability or stamina to sing, or maybe it is just just his way of getting into the music. I personally think it is just his style and an effort to not be an icon. Anyone ever see his appearance on Leno with APC? geeky glasses, Hair totally wacked out, a shirt that says I LOVE BRAD WILK, and positioned in the very back were all efforts to not be the center piece of the preformance.

miketh74
10-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I dig the cowboy stance. Like he's galloping along with the tunes.

Makes me laugh.

:D

Trelectron
10-09-2007, 08:24 AM
he used to lean backwards as well, if u see his 94-95 live shows ull see it

uummm..nocoolnames
10-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I personally think it is another attemp on Maynards part to be uncool. I think he goes way out of his way to try not to be the icon type rockstar people want to latch onto. Not that I don't think he is cool, I do, I completely respect the entire band for there art and the effort to make people dig deeper. I at one time thought his leaning maybe something to do with his air passage and how it affects his ability or stamina to sing, or maybe it is just just his way of getting into the music. I personally think it is just his style and an effort to not be an icon. Anyone ever see his appearance on Leno with APC? geeky glasses, Hair totally wacked out, a shirt that says I LOVE BRAD WILK, and positioned in the very back were all efforts to not be the center piece of the preformance.

yeah, when i saw tool in concert, he was the only one without a light on him.
i was way in the back, and it took me like three minutes to even find him. it could be they did that because when their screens light up, you can see his shillouette, and its bad ass, but i think maynard just doesnt like being famous.

miketh74
10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
He just wants you to see his shadow changing....

stretching up and over him......LOL

:)

gjamison27
10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
He leans forward or backwards depending on the tuning of the song. When they play it in D, he leans forward (most early stuff), and lately, they have been playing in B, which forces him to lean back. The larynx is an instrument and must be tuned accordingly. Its like putting a capo on the guitar.

Don't you find it odd that all of Maynards "attempts" to remove himself from the spotlight, are precisely that which places him there?

miketh74
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
He leans forward or backwards depending on the tuning of the song. When they play it in D, he leans forward (most early stuff), and lately, they have been playing in B, which forces him to lean back. The larynx is an instrument and must be tuned accordingly. Its like putting a capo on the guitar.

Don't you find it odd that all of Maynards "attempts" to remove himself from the spotlight, are precisely that which places him there?

Good point gjamison....

Why the hell does he scratch his left breast? It's almost as if he's trippin' on stage. Hmmmm.....guess he could be, eh?

aenima19
11-07-2007, 04:22 AM
cuz he sold out lol

something that will never happen lol...

miketh74
11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Dam straight.

orangeisgoood
11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
I dig the cowboy stance. Like he's galloping along with the tunes.

Makes me laugh.

:D

i went to the fourth of july show for summerfest this year and he put on this overly huge cowboy hat, sang with it on for a while, and he shot toilet paper at the crowd. he bent back, did this weird dance thing and it looked hilarious! and some people call that "not trying to stand out"?

miketh74
11-24-2007, 11:31 PM
i went to the fourth of july show for summerfest this year and he put on this overly huge cowboy hat, sang with it on for a while, and he shot toilet paper at the crowd. he bent back, did this weird dance thing and it looked hilarious! and some people call that "not trying to stand out"?

A couple of friends of mine went to that show. I heard it was great, but they didn't tell me about that. That's great though.

:)

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Maybe he was tired?

ridedaspiralz
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
hes old lol

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 09:22 PM
He's wat? 38? Thats not old, he's just lazy lol

ridedaspiralz
11-25-2007, 11:02 PM
LOL yeh

dj_philharmonic
11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
cuz he sold out lol

In regards to why Maynard used to lean forward? it's difficult to assume people and their mannerisms.. ( Bad back I like that :>) As far as the sold out part... perhaps a reference to side project "Perfect Circle."

miketh74
11-27-2007, 06:04 AM
No member of Tool will sell out.

miketh74
12-02-2007, 10:38 PM
perfect circle has helped maynard make tool better...

But Danny Justin and Adam are a huge part of it too

Not to mention, they're not out being flashy or trying to sell huge amounts of merchandise. Materialistic crap is not Tool. From what I understand, they take their money and buy more advanced equipment for their next project. To me, they're all about their music and the messages it sends.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
As far as the sold out part... perhaps a reference to side project "Perfect Circle."

reference to Hooker with a Penis, read the lyrics

miketh74
12-06-2007, 09:42 PM
the Pink Floyd of our generation, music 'story' wise...

certainly not sounding like Floyd...

I always thought Floyd was way ahead of their time musically. I love bands that are into the evolution of music.

Aganar
12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Watching the Sober video from Lollapalooza '93, he looked rather nervous. I think he's simply a shy guy, and that was initially his way of dealing with it.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-10-2007, 07:18 PM

wow... really? or maybe, and this is the choice logic points to, he just happened to be leaning? maybe he wasnt trying to make some huge statement by positioning his spine a certain way

liecheatsteal
01-08-2008, 10:29 PM
...just Maynard being Maynard

Master_Of_Nothing
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
^
amen

miketh74
01-21-2008, 09:11 PM
^
amen

^ Supported ^

If anything, MJK just likes to fuck with the crowd and freak 'em out.

Mari Jaine
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
when I saw tool at ozzfest 98 Maynard was wearing a half red half blue
body suit...I'm sure he blended right in...

Where was it?

I went to Ozzfest in '98 also, and I think he was dressed like a woman. My memory is sort of failing me at the moment. I get it confused with Lollapalooza '97, in which I think he was blue.

Rolo
01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
"United Colors of Maynard"

I saw him at Ozzfest 2002, there he was all grey with orange.

miketh74
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
A man of many disguises/colors.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, he's certainly a supporter of all colours/races lol

Tool_Is_Sick
01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I was a ozzfest 98 as well. It was in camden at the tweeter center. They all came onto the stage wearing long wigs with dresses on and started playing some random song and everyone was like looking around and said this isnt Tool. Maynard then said "fuck this shit" or something like that. They took off their wigs and went right into Third Eye if I recall correctly.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
lol, real random, did you ever figure out what song they played?

miketh74
01-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I was a ozzfest 98 as well. It was in camden at the tweeter center. They all came onto the stage wearing long wigs with dresses on and started playing some random song and everyone was like looking around and said this isnt Tool. Maynard then said "fuck this shit" or something like that. They took off their wigs and went right into Third Eye if I recall correctly.

That's fuckin' great.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-26-2008, 10:44 PM
lol, real random, did you ever figure out what song they played?

Negative Obe One but I'll try harder to please your questioning during the next few years though.

Nikeda-Taylor
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I noticed that too...i thought that he maybe was too high at concerts and had to lean forwaard to sing.....and now maybe's he's not on drugs anymore. Just a thought...

Master_Of_Nothing
01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure maynard wouldn't be as stupid as to perform while on drugs, it kinda demeans his intelligence.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Again, another useless comment from STYX

Inner_Eulogy
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I noticed that too...i thought that he maybe was too high at concerts and had to lean forwaard to sing.....and now maybe's he's not on drugs anymore. Just a thought...

I highly doubt he's performing while on drugs let alone does them at all anymore.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
True. having a son kind makes people tidy up their act (if it needs tidyikng up at all)

K1DA
02-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I highly doubt he's performing while on drugs let alone does them at all anymore.Wine is a drug buddy. But I wouldn't stop there.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Wine is a poison too. But thats irrelevant, becuase he's sober during his shows too.

gjamison27
03-14-2008, 10:01 AM
I noticed that in all the pictures of Maynard performing shirtless, there isn't any white crusty stuff under his arms. Why do you think he uses clear deodorant? Could it be to show us the one truth path to clarity in all things? Maybe he doesn't use deodorant in another effort to buck the system and that's why the band puts him the back...

I'm not sure, but I know for a fact it's a deliberate act to give us all a hint to a more eccentric, mysterious, all knowing answer to the truth. Maynard is the second coming...

Master_Of_Nothing
03-14-2008, 06:59 PM
lol, now thats overanalyzing. I think he just forgot the fuckin deodorant this time round

dxs
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
He's wat? 38? Thats not old, he's just lazy lol

^^ Not even close to 38, dude.
40-fucking-3.

Haha, the way Maynard performs is awesome. I think he looks like Gollum when he sort of sings on stage, bent down like that.

And you're right; I think, that, instead of trying to not be the main thing, I think he's just trying to be unique. There are lots of people that are always into a certain something, and when they realize how many people do or wear it, it compels someone to sort of just begin a sort of style of their own.

I don't know if it's for attention or not, but the fact that he's trying to be unique probably explains it.
Or that's just Maynard. I don't know.

gjamison27
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I've always found it humurous that the very things that Maynard does to remove himself from the spotlight, are exactly the things that put him there. By no fault of his own however, if you're gonna be a rockstar, you can't not be a rockstar...

Same with the whole goth/alternative/emo/im different and unique cliques. The very things they do to seperate themselves from the "norm", are the very things that make them all the same.

You are unique, just like everybody else...

Master_Of_Nothing
05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
dxs, your avatar is awesome lol, did you nick that off the net?

Maynard like to think of himself as just a member in the awesome band Tool. He's not the lead person, the frontman. He considers himself lucky that he managed to get singing in such an great trio of talented musicians. I suspect that he could have gone Gorillaz style and created a virtual alter ego singing with his voice on stage if he thought that would draw attention away from him.

dxs
05-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Thank you very much. :)

Yeah, I did take it off the internet, because I was too lazy to make my own, really.

I googled it under "avatars".

Master_Of_Nothing
05-03-2008, 07:32 PM
fuckin cheater lol nah thats pretty funny.
Would have better to give him a Chopper Reid moustache tho

Aenima7988
05-05-2008, 08:27 PM

nah dude he's TRYING to be cool and stand out. why would he do all those goofy things if he wanted to sink into the background? if that were the case he'd show up in the same clothes as everyone else, without all the accessories. If you really want people to listen, you whisper. So Maynard makes it a point to be situated all the way in the back like no other singer in rock and roll (that i've heard of)

gjamison27
05-06-2008, 05:18 AM
That's exactly my point. Moving to the back actually brings him more into the spotlight.

Show up in jeans and a T-shirt and people will talk about how you sounded that night. Show up in drag and sing from the back, and people will talk about different and cool the stage show looked, and then maybe how it sounded.

But it is a performance art. By coming out onto a stage to perform live, you've already lost the battle for anonymity. The guys in Tool definitely keep as much as possible and possibly more than any other band in history, but they still have to deal with being rock stars to a certain extent.

I love the story of the guy watching Adam and Maynard walk out of the venue into the parking lot. As they spilt to go to their cars, the guy comes running up to Maynard and says, hey man, isn't that Adam Jones, the guitar player from Tool you were just talking to?! Maynard says, yeah actually, he's a really nice guy, you should go talk to him...

dxs
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Passive-aggressive bullshit? :)

gjamison27
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
My favorite kind :-O

Master_Of_Nothing
05-06-2008, 03:52 PM
lol, i've never heard that one, but i did hear about maynard talking to some chick about 'snew' lol

Inner_Eulogy
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
lol, i've never heard that one, but i did hear about maynard talking to some chick about 'snew' lol

You snew

Master_Of_Nothing
05-07-2008, 04:43 PM
whats snew? lol

Inner_Eulogy
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
whats snew? lol

What's in lieu of snew?

fatlittleparasite
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM
i thought he leaned to the left LOLOLOLOLOLpoliticsLOL

Inner_Eulogy
05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
i thought he leaned to the left LOLOLOLOLOLpoliticsLOL

Nah, he leaned like a cholo

dxs
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
And yes, what is snew?

solidabyss
05-08-2008, 07:50 PM
maynard leans cause he sips on that sizurp!

Inner_Eulogy
05-09-2008, 05:09 AM
maynard leans cause he sips on that sizurp!

sip-sip-sip-sip sippin on some sizzuurrrp

Tool_Is_Sick
05-09-2008, 02:58 PM
3-6 Mafia?? Word cuz.

Sippin on some sip..

dxs
05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
you guys just made me spit trying to say that sip-sip stuff.

Master_Of_Nothing
05-10-2008, 04:52 PM
lol, you were foolish enough to try?

He is leaning back like a true rapper gangster. Simple answer

imonlysleeping
05-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I noticed that in all the pictures of Maynard performing shirtless, there isn't any white crusty stuff under his arms. Why do you think he uses clear deodorant? Could it be to show us the one truth path to clarity in all things? Maybe he doesn't use deodorant in another effort to buck the system and that's why the band puts him the back...

I'm not sure, but I know for a fact it's a deliberate act to give us all a hint to a more eccentric, mysterious, all knowing answer to the truth. Maynard is the second coming...

rofl

Medicea Sidera
05-11-2008, 06:16 PM
He is leaning back like a true rapper gangster. Simple answer

I bet you never see a rapper performing...cause i never see one leaning back but maybe im wrong!

Inner_Eulogy
05-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I bet you never see a rapper performing...cause i never see one leaning back but maybe im wrong!

Looks like somebody completely missed the point

Medicea Sidera
05-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Looks like somebody completely missed the point

yes i know, was just a silly joke of mine, so please don't start flaming on me for that!

Inner_Eulogy
05-11-2008, 08:35 PM
yes i know, was just a silly joke of mine, so please don't start flaming on me for that!

That was absolutely not a joke, you're simply trying to save face at this point.

LEJend
05-12-2008, 08:45 AM
He leans forward 'cause he's still trying to find that contact he lost at that one show back in the early '90s.

That, or the lyrics are drawn on his shoes.

dxs
05-12-2008, 11:36 AM
fuckin cheater lol nah thats pretty funny.
Would have better to give him a Chopper Reid moustache tho

Haha, I cheat. But it works. ;D

Maybe I should have. It's not mine, though, so...heh, whatever.

Wouldn't a Chuck Norris mustache look attractive?

Master_Of_Nothing
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Lol, try mutton chops. woop woop!

The lyrics are actually in his hand, thats why he stays in the shadows.

Tool_Is_Sick
05-12-2008, 01:36 PM

LEAN wit it, Rock wit it? OMG...Rap...ahhhh...

Inner_Eulogy
05-12-2008, 03:26 PM
LEAN wit it, Rock wit it? OMG...Rap...ahhhh...

Haha, it IS a catchy tune...I'm not sure why though. I'm not afraid to admit I like rap.

Tool_Is_Sick
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
a catchy tune? Inner...Please bro...Please...

Inner_Eulogy
05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
a catchy tune? Inner...Please bro...Please...

Like I said, I like rap too...so what. I also like classic rock, folk music, heavy metal, reggae, jazz, blues, hip hop, country, alternative, some grunge...etc

It's what makes me a very versatile person compared to these imbeciles that only like one thing and refuse to open their minds to other things.

dxs
05-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Like I said, I like rap too...so what. I also like classic rock, folk music, heavy metal, reggae, jazz, blues, hip hop, country, alternative, some grunge...etc

It's what makes me a very versatile person compared to these imbeciles that only like one thing and refuse to open their minds to other things.

People so closed up to other genres make me wonder what kind of imbecilic life they're living.

So obviously, I listen to a variety of things as well.

What I also don't like is that some people hardly get to know a genre of music at all---to the point that they just listen to a single from a musician or a group, and then they judge from that.

So, if I'm going to listen to an artist, I'm, buying their whole album---I'm not those people that just jack the single. I think that's sort of desecrating an album and the artist's effort in general.

Because, if that was just the case, then sure, let's make artists have 1-song albums. Let's see how people like that.

Inner_Eulogy
05-14-2008, 11:36 AM
People so closed up to other genres make me wonder what kind of imbecilic life they're living.

So obviously, I listen to a variety of things as well.

What I also don't like is that some people hardly get to know a genre of music at all---to the point that they just listen to a single from a musician or a group, and then they judge from that.

So, if I'm going to listen to an artist, I'm, buying their whole album---I'm not those people that just jack the single. I think that's sort of desecrating an album and the artist's effort in general.

Because, if that was just the case, then sure, let's make artists have 1-song albums. Let's see how people like that.

I concur

Medicea Sidera
05-14-2008, 06:04 PM

I have to agree with this one, you absolutely right, i dislike people that listen to one and only one genre of music! that's nothing to be ashamed about listen to other bands that are not T00l or metal related...

Tool_Is_Sick
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM

I like classic rock, metal, alternative, SOME hip-hop as well but lean with it rock with it and music of that type. Fuck that shit. Its not music imo.

I guess theres a fine line between good music and shit music nowadays. thats just my opinion of course.

Master_Of_Nothing
05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Ahh too true. I usually generalise that i hate all rap, yet i love Rage against the machine and pardon me by incubus blew me away.

I figure that i love guitar riffs. I can listen to rock easily enough. But not folk.
unless its folk rock. yeah.

Inner_Eulogy
05-16-2008, 05:06 AM
<---still insists they add some Tool tracks to Rock Band or Guitar Hero

dxs
05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
There was this youtube video of someone playing guitar hero to Stinkfist..

dxs
05-16-2008, 12:16 PM
True, true.

Tool_Is_Sick
05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
lol Rivek, Ironically!!! When I listened to rap about 4 years ago on a regular basis...Lil jon and THE EASTSIDE BOYZ were my "niggas." I was more involved with the bass more than anything though. I had two 12" subs in my explorer. Lil jons music brought some heavy deep bass so yeah I was a GANGSTA, GAN GAN GANGSTA!

Ahh...bad memories...the bad fuckin memories....omg..I liked shit.. :(

Inner_Eulogy
05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Also, to everyone who says they like rap: If you like a person methodically and creatively flowing lyrical patterns over cool beats, then you like rap. If you like lil' jon or any of his word slurring talentless clones, you don't like rap, you like shit.

That's a matter of opinion....it depends on what it is that you appreciate out of it

Inner_Eulogy
05-16-2008, 05:33 PM
lol Rivek, Ironically!!! When I listened to rap about 4 years ago on a regular basis...Lil jon and THE EASTSIDE BOYZ were my "niggas." I was more involved with the bass more than anything though. I had two 12" subs in my explorer. Lil jons music brought some heavy deep bass so yeah I was a GANGSTA, GAN GAN GANGSTA!

Ahh...bad memories...the bad fuckin memories....omg..I liked shit.. :(

There's nothing wrong with admitting what you like. I'll get flamed for this and I don't give a flying fuck but I actually dig Justin Timberlake's solo albums...not the boy band shit but his solo albums. There, I said it....and I still don't give a fuck.

Yast3r
05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
There's nothing wrong with admitting what you like. I'll get flamed for this and I don't give a flying fuck but I actually dig Justin Timberlake's solo albums...not the boy band shit but his solo albums. There, I said it....and I still don't give a fuck.

And I'm totally grooving right now to Madonna's new single. Wait no... no I'm rocking back and forth and contemplating ripping my ears off. Justin Timberlake = Talentless hack. Although he has some good production, he sucks, cant sing and his beats generally aren't catchy. But I like that you admit that you like something that's bad... now you can head on your way to recovery.

Medicea Sidera
05-16-2008, 09:41 PM

I appreciate what you saying, i mean of course i don't like Timberlake's music but i like how You open your music taste to something so different than Tool, haven said this sometimes i think that JT music is better than puscifer for example, vi4viagra is completely crappy! And i dig 4 minutes single....(no flame!)

FatBox
05-16-2008, 09:43 PM

Haha, guilty pleasures ftw, I used to be a huge fan of Linkin Park =O. I never did like Justin though, seems like he's trying really hard to be the Michael Jackson of this era.

FatBox
05-17-2008, 08:29 AM
So did almost everyone back when they dropped, dude. I was 15 when Meteora came out and I ate it up. I loved that music, and even though now I can see how obviously it was meant to suck the dick of the label and such, I appreciate the feeling of nostalgia it brings. Plus the tunes are still catchy.

I don't really dig their new shit though.

Shit, I used to love Hybrid Theory and Meteora, as did most of my friends. I remember my best friend and I used to play Halo CE with his little brothers for hours while playing Hybrid Theory on repeat. Shortly after Meteora came out though is when I really started getting into Tool and I don't really like their music as much anymore, although it does bring back memories.

FatBox
05-17-2008, 06:54 PM
But the thing is, I first got head to Hybrid Theory.

Yast3r
05-17-2008, 07:13 PM
But the thing is, I first got head to Hybrid Theory.

And did you deflate her during the later LP albums?

FatBox
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Sorry, your mom doesn't deflate.

*snicker*

Yast3r
05-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Sorry, your mom doesn't deflate.

*snicker*

Well... YOUR FACE!

Yast3r
05-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Some sick burns being tossed back and forth here.

I'd like to point out that I got rid of my virginity to "Interstate Love Song". It was funny.

A few years later I slept with the same chick while listening to Year Zero. It was creepy.

That would have proven to have been a very difficult task if the track Vessel came on. That song would ruin any moment. Perhaps that's why it was so creepy.

Tool_Is_Sick
05-18-2008, 06:54 PM

HAHAHAHAHA Thats funny as hell!! lol just kidding. Hey bro, fuck it..you like what you like. I hate his last hit though..I dont even recall how it goes but i know I hate it.

Oh wait I know...IM BRINGING SEXY BACK! OMG! Kill yourself. :)

Inner_Eulogy
05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Haha, guilty pleasures ftw, I used to be a huge fan of Linkin Park =O. I never did like Justin though, seems like he's trying really hard to be the Michael Jackson of this era.

He kind of is in a way, at least he's personified him at times. I still do like Linkin Park.....and I still don't give a fuck...lol

Inner_Eulogy
05-19-2008, 09:32 AM
And did you deflate her during the later LP albums?

LMFAO!!

Rolo
05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't give a flying fuck but I actually dig Justin Timberlake's solo albums...

I forgive you...

dxs
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Haha, well I used to like and still like the Chemical Brothers and all that stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the few around me that do.

Anyone know what it's like?

Yast3r
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Haha, well I used to like and still like the Chemical Brothers and all that stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the few around me that do.

Anyone know what it's like?

It's like... a little bit of them rock blockin' beats.

dxs
05-20-2008, 12:04 PM
"Chemical Beats"...tch-yeah.

I love all that electronica/dance/acid stuff.
It's only natural that I'd follow making music in that genre :)

I guess you like it too, if only a little?

Rolo
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I can digg some tunes of The Prodigy, a little Atari Teenage Riot and Mad Capsule Markets.

Yast3r
05-20-2008, 12:15 PM
"Chemical Beats"...tch-yeah.

I love all that electronica/dance/acid stuff.
It's only natural that I'd follow making music in that genre :)

I guess you like it too, if only a little?

I enjoy it yes. Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twins. I'm also starting to like more ambiance/experimental stuff as well.... NIN's Ghost album is phenomenal.

dxs
05-20-2008, 12:18 PM
YEAH!
*high five*
They kick butt.

The Crystal Method is really good, too, and I really like the way they make music, but for some reason, they sort of don't give me the same kick that some of the other guys do.

I'm not really sure why, really.

Medicea Sidera
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Why this thread turns into a music taste discussion? can you guys go back to the real aim of the thread!

theamazingtool
05-20-2008, 07:07 PM
listen to daft punk

gjamison27
05-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Why this thread turns into a music taste discussion? can you guys go back to the real aim of the thread!

In all fairness, discussing or wondering why someone leans forward or stands on their head while singing is almost as absurd as gansta rap....

Inner_Eulogy
05-21-2008, 09:28 AM

Oh, yeah....ok everybody please let's get back on the subject of slappin' Medicea around a little

FatBox
05-21-2008, 11:20 AM

You'll learn here that after about 5 posts the thread seems to go very far off track. Check any other thread, it always happens.

Inner_Eulogy
05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
You'll learn here that after about 5 posts the thread seems to go very far off track. Check any other thread, it always happens.

I'll slap you with a limp fish

5th Eye
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
daft punk always seemed to be a little repetitive and kinda boring BUT on the other hand i've heard like 2 or 3 songs

5th Eye
05-21-2008, 01:24 PM
i'll give them a better chance then.

gjamison27
05-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Thats what I said...

gjamison27
05-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Give the man some metal.

Fixd'

Inner_Eulogy
05-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Anime sucks

Inner_Eulogy
05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
^ are you calling for attention with that post? Cuz that's all it seems you're doing...

No, I'm stating my opinion. Anime Sucks monkey balls unless you're a geeky 13yr old boy. Then maybe it's cool.

Inner_Eulogy
05-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Fair enough.

I'd have to say that Anime is pretty fucking cool, no matter what age you are. Depends more on your taste, imo. I think the greatness of films such as Akira or Steamboy shouldn't be undermined...

Evangelion kicks some major ass, too.

As you said, to each their own

Rolo
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
"One more time" is just so fucking good...

Try and find the version by Japanse band BBQ Chickens, LOL

Medicea Sidera
05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Fair enough.

I'd have to say that Anime is pretty fucking cool, no matter what age you are. Depends more on your taste, imo. I think the greatness of films such as Akira or Steamboy shouldn't be undermined...

Evangelion kicks some major ass, too.

You absolutely right on this one! and btw i've see Interstella 5555 and i have to say that is completely awesome in my opinion!

Medicea Sidera
05-23-2008, 05:56 PM
You should see the whole Animatrix! It's definetly worth it... I saw it about 6 times! There are a lot of great anime you should check out too!

theamazingtool
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Anime sucks

enough said

dxs
05-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Inner, you should really make sure you actually know what the hell you're talking about before you open your mouth. Seriously.

Go watch a few episodes of Elfen Lied or Hellsing or Mnemosyne, just so you can realize that the only animes that are made for 13 year old kids are the ones that Fox and the CW import, which are a tiny portion of all series. Then watch some more Elfen Lied and some Death Note so you can realize that many animes are written better in terms of tension/release and in terms of character development than most shows on American TVs these days.

And just another little tidbit for you here: You do realize that Japanese animation is the primary form of entertainment as far as TV and movies go in the Land of the Rising Sun, don't you? Are you trying to imply that all Japanese people are 13 year old boys?

I find it so sad to see that the generation before mine is really just as lazy and uncultured, stupid and unsophisticated as the authority figures always told me they were.

I couldn't agree more. Death Note and Hellsing are amazing.
I haven't watched Elfen Lied, however.

Ranma is fucking hilarious.
If you watch ONE, just ONE episode of Ranma for the first time, you'll be rolling over laughing by the end. It's intriguingly funny.

Really, whether anime is good or not depends on which anime you watch. Yes, there are some that suck immense monkey balls, and by that time I really don't watch them anymore, but there are some formidable ones out there that are worth watching.

NANA, for example, is less of an anime and more of a real life story. At first, you'd think it's just some teenage novel, but it's extremely moving, and at times, even depressing.
And RahXephon, if any of you know about it---it's an amazing anime. It really stretches into the sci-fi, but at the same time, adds a tinge of reality and fantasy at the same time.

:) Oh, and if you guys want to listen to stuff around the electronic kind of vibe:

myspace.com/fallmute

:) It's good.
My friend and I make good shit, even though it's not all on there. But listen to it, and add if you'd like.

dxs
05-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Dude, when well done, electronic music is the best shit there is.

I dig me some electronic stuff.

Electronic stuff 'tis the shit.
I really love Silexz....and the silexz community.

Oh, and I made a fatal mistake some posts ago...the song was "Block Rocking Beats"...not "Chemical Beats".

I had another song on my mind that day.

Inner_Eulogy
05-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Riv, as I said before...to each their own. I'm not into anime, I think it's lame...and I'm entitled to that just as much as you are with your opinions which are quite often even more harsh than my own.

Inner_Eulogy
05-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Look - if you don't like it, you don't like it. That's not a problem.

If you insult a subculture that includes a lot of people who are actually pretty decent without really knowing anything about their principal interest other than the fact that you don't like it, you're going to get flamed.

*shrug*....I don't know....whatever

Yast3r
05-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I've only liked Lupan the Third out of all the anime crap. I absolutely despise the art style.

dxs
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
You should. It's pretty awesome.

And I dig Mute - it's cool chilled out synthtronics. I dabble in that sometimes.

Why, thank you.

There are some songs that have the feel you saw.
Our vibes fluctuate a lot, though. We can move down from total dance music to the most ambient stuff...

It mainly depends on what we're doing and what we're feeling at the time. :)

Oh, and I'll go check out Elven Lied.
Any words to describe it?

dxs
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Sounds amazing.
I went to look it up in the library, but it wasn't there.
I guess I'll just go watch them on youtube.

dxs
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Tch.
Maynard leans forward because he wants to take a good look at the faces of his fans...

There should be an interview asking that.

Inner_Eulogy
05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Maybe it helps him sing certain tones, I'm no vocalist coach or nothing but if it ain't that than it's just simply the way he expresses himself as he sings...everybody's got their "thing" ya' know.

dxs
05-28-2008, 12:58 PM
I can see that working.
Does that mean Maynard possibly leans over at the studio, too?

Medicea Sidera
05-28-2008, 02:53 PM
These "leans" are most notable in the 92-93 era, sadly he don't do that nowdays... i say sadly cause i though it was fun watching him tend toward like that! He do a lot of weird thing when is on stage!

Medicea Sidera
05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I remember seeing an early "Jerk-Off" video where he not only leaned forward, but barely blinked.

;)

You have a link... i would like to see it !

Rolo
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
These "leans" are most notable in the 92-93 era, sadly he don't do that nowdays... i say sadly cause i though it was fun watching him tend toward like that! He do a lot of weird thing when is on stage!

Hernia?

It's either that or he had the lyrics writen down on a piece of paper and taped it on the stage back then. By now he rehearsed them long enough to sing without it.

Medicea Sidera
05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Hernia?

No. He looks too healthy for having one !

gjamison27
05-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Unbelievable! Are you all listening to yourselves?!

false_living123
05-29-2008, 06:50 AM

Dude its fucking deoderant, not the path to clarity :S

Inner_Eulogy
05-29-2008, 09:39 AM

Speaka english much?

gjamison27
05-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Dude its fucking deoderant, not the path to clarity :S

Fail

gjamison27
05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
This thread makes me angry!

Inner_Eulogy
05-29-2008, 10:49 AM
This thread makes me angry!

So a mushroom walks into a bar one day and the bartender looks at him and says "Sorry, we don't serve your kind here". The mushroon replies "Why not, I'm a fun guy (fungi)".

Hehe

dxs
05-29-2008, 11:09 AM

I really just think he uses gel deodorant.
It's the technological advance.
No crusty anything.

That, or he uses some sort of deodorant-like homemade concoction from lemon juice and baking soda.
Try it out. Works fine.

Inner_Eulogy
05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
That, or he uses some sort of deodorant-like homemade concoction from lemon juice and baking soda.
Try it out. Works fine.

wtf?

Rolo
05-29-2008, 11:40 AM
So a mushroom walks into a bar one day and the bartender looks at him and says "Sorry, we don't serve your kind here". The mushroon replies "Why not, I'm a fun guy (fungi)".

Hehe

Funny.

Explaining it made it less funny, though...

dxs
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
wtf?

It wasn't my idea.
But I've heard it works.

Yast3r
05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
It wasn't my idea.
But I've heard it works.

A fine substitute is also vinegar.

dxs
05-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Vinegar?
Damn, how does THAT work?

Rolo
05-29-2008, 12:20 PM
The sour stench overrules the odour and, as it is an acid, it'll burn those sweat glands shut.

Yast3r
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
See, Rolo knows his stuff.

dxs
05-31-2008, 09:39 AM
The sour stench overrules the odour and, as it is an acid, it'll burn those sweat glands shut.

Wow.
Tried that yet?

Rolo
05-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Ofcourse not, are you insane?

dxs
06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Your idea.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
lol. hmm so we went from talking about how maynard leans forward or backwards in a song, to the deodorant he wears, to alternatives to marketed deodorant. o_O

dxs
06-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Anything to pitch in with?
Like maybe the fact that you don't use any?

Haha, I'm just playing with you.
But anyway, got anything?
It seems like you're just scrutinizing, really.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Anything to pitch in with?
Like maybe the fact that you don't use any?

Haha, I'm just playing with you.
But anyway, got anything?
It seems like you're just scrutinizing, really.

Meh, I like to respond to topics with meaning, not pointless conversations about deodorant. But hey, I guess I just contradicted myself, cause I replied to this one xD

dxs
06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah. You did.

You can gladly respond to any topic with meaning. If you respond with your outlook, people will look your way. Instead of looking down on us and looking bigoted on the subject, you can share your ideas.

People will listen.
One person's opinions can change all in a thread.
Kind of what threads are in general.

So if you'd like to add meaning, do it.
No one's stopping you.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah. You did.

You can gladly respond to any topic with meaning. If you respond with your outlook, people will look your way. Instead of looking down on us and looking bigoted on the subject, you can share your ideas.

People will listen.
One person's opinions can change all in a thread.
Kind of what threads are in general.

So if you'd like to add meaning, do it.
No one's stopping you.

My ideas on this subject are as follows:

This thread does not have anything to do with anything. Except deodorant.

gjamison27
06-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Meh, I like to respond to topics with meaning, not pointless conversations about deodorant. But hey, I guess I just contradicted myself, cause I replied to this one xD

Nothing is meaningless and everything has a point. Besides, the convo isn't really about the deodorant. I used that with ripe sarcasm to show how silly the whole topic is, IMO.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Nothing is meaningless and everything has a point. Besides, the convo isn't really about the deodorant. I used that with ripe sarcasm to show how silly the whole topic is, IMO.

yes but with every action there is a reaction. (I.e. people taking you seriously, like ME.)

i wish there was a sarcasm button on here.

gjamison27
06-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I would suspect that those taking the deodorant post seriously, actually hold merit and wonder why he uses certain types of deodorant and why he leans forward and holds his left testicle instead of his right (sarcasm).

dxs
06-03-2008, 09:24 AM
My ideas on this subject are as follows:

This thread does not have anything to do with anything. Except deodorant.

Not very meaningful.
I'm sorry.

dxs
06-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I would suspect that those taking the deodorant post seriously, actually hold merit and wonder why he uses certain types of deodorant and why he leans forward and holds his left testicle instead of his right (sarcasm).

Well, with me it was half and half...sort of.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Not very meaningful.
I'm sorry.

doesn't have to be meaningful, thats my thought.

dxs
06-03-2008, 09:30 AM
You were TALKING of meaningful just posts ago.

Inner_Eulogy
06-03-2008, 09:38 AM
yes but with every action there is a reaction. (I.e. people taking you seriously, like ME.)

i wish there was a sarcasm button on here.

I wish you'd quit fucking crying about it and formulate something worthy. It's been said over and over that most Tool related topics have been discussed already into the ground and we have no new news as of yet so unless you got something intelligent to say, quit acting like a sissy.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I wish you'd quit fucking crying about it and formulate something worthy. It's been said over and over that most Tool related topics have been discussed already into the ground and we have no new news as of yet so unless you got something intelligent to say, quit acting like a sissy.

I can't have an opinion? All I said was basically this: "I feel this thread is going off topic"

That's it. And that post right there wasn't very intelligent on your part. Just an attack.

5th Eye
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
We already answered the leaning thing, and we've moved on to more important topics. imo deodorant is of utmost importance

Inner_Eulogy
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I can't have an opinion? All I said was basically this: "I feel this thread is going off topic"

That's it. And that post right there wasn't very intelligent on your part. Just an attack.

Of course you can have an opinion, but instead of whining that it's gone off topic, how about swaying it back on track. I never said my post was intelligent but I felt the need to bitch about it, and I'm entitled to that as well.

false_living123
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
right, just as i am entitled to "whine" about this thread veering off topic, which it is currently doing again

Inner_Eulogy
06-03-2008, 10:52 AM
right, just as i am entitled to "whine" about this thread veering off topic, which it is currently doing again

So instead of wasting time arguing with me, please discuss anything you'd like and surely you'll get some better responses than my balls knocking on your chin, etc

false_living123
06-03-2008, 10:54 AM
So instead of wasting time arguing with me, please discuss anything you'd like and surely you'll get some better responses than my balls knocking on your chin, etc

meh I'll leave that up to you

dxs
06-03-2008, 07:28 PM

Inner, you and your balls. :D

Inner_Eulogy
06-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Inner, you and your balls. :D

You prefer the cock instead?

false_living123
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
^ guy loves talkin bout the cock eh?

dxs
06-04-2008, 02:12 PM
You prefer the cock instead?
Your choice---I think you'll invest better in your balls, though.

Make it a symbol of your presence. Name a song "Inner's Balls", make tons of money, and go get famous.

Master_Of_Nothing
06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Chicks dig Lynx Africa. Trust me on that one. Many a happy night has occurred with that particular brand lol.

And the crusty stuff ain't deo.......its sperm.

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

(Hit the sarcasm button )

dxs
06-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, with the cock/ball reference, I'd say it jerked off.

dxs
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I like you. You make me laugh.

You're welcome.
Or should I say thank you?

Rolo
06-05-2008, 10:56 AM

Make it a symbol of your presence. Name a song "Inner's Balls", make tons of money, and go get famous.

He already did something like that: here (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=99390)

dxs
06-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Wow. Just wow.
He should get that published.

dxs
06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Both.

I don't play guitar anymore. Now I play... with minds.

sssshhhhhh.

Go think about that.

Playing with minds?
That sounds occultly sadistic.
The kind of thing you'd do in someone else's room without air conditioning, an open window, and a newborn baby.

Master_Of_Nothing
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM
And 'Days of our lives' on the shitty tv in the corner. Thats torture that is

Inner_Eulogy
06-06-2008, 09:35 AM

I wrote a poem called Inner's Dick in the Salival - Maynard's Dick thread a while back, not sure where it went but it was pretty damn funny

Inner_Eulogy
06-06-2008, 09:36 AM
He already did something like that: here (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=99390)

Wow, haha...how'd you find that?

Rolo
06-07-2008, 03:19 AM

Click Inner_Eulogy's profile, then click on "view all threads started by Inner_Eulogy"...

dxs
06-07-2008, 12:16 PM

The past has come to haunt you...

Rolo
06-10-2008, 02:13 AM
What's your posts, Riv...
The're nooooo secrets here ;)

Inner_Eulogy
06-10-2008, 10:27 AM
The past has come to haunt you...

Nah, not really...I thought it was pretty fuckin cool actually

dxs
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
It WAS better, structurally and topically, than the generic emo poems you see here and there....:)

dxs
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
yeah. The main problem with minds though is that the newborns give the instrument a twangy annoying kind of sound unless they've been orphaned first.

Amazing, seems like you're trained in this skill of yours. Avant garde! Works better than guitar?
And how does the lack of cold air add to the tone?

Inner_Eulogy
06-10-2008, 03:48 PM
It WAS better, structurally and topically, than the generic emo poems you see here and there....:)

Well, it was only meant as a lame joke to begin with. I didn't know I was being graded.

Rolo
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, it was only meant as a lame joke to begin with. I didn't know I was being graded.

Now that's a little naive, Inner.

EVERYTHING is graded here; poems, musical preferences, lyrics, opinions, nonsense... everything...

Inner_Eulogy
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Now that's a little naive, Inner.

EVERYTHING is graded here; poems, musical preferences, lyrics, opinions, nonsense... everything...

In that case I'm kicking his ass until I get an A+

Rolo
06-11-2008, 01:55 PM

LOL

Link me to the Youtube-vid when that happens :)

dxs
06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Gets the musicians all sweaty and irritated, thus producing a heavier bass response due to their SHEER ANNOYANCE AT THE TEMPERATURE!

Rahr diddley.

What if they're cali surfers?

dxs
06-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Better not be my ass.
*raises ass shield*

dxs
06-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't know any good musicians, unfortunately, that use newborn babies, no.

Inner_Eulogy
06-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Better not be my ass.
*raises ass shield*

*kicks right through ass shield and proceeds with the foot to ass collision*

Rolo
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM

Footage! I want pics or vids of this!

Inner_Eulogy
06-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Footage! I want pics or vids of this!

Patience young grasshoppa

Rolo
06-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Patience young grasshoppa

Empty promises, empty promises...

Inner_Eulogy
06-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Empty promises, empty promises...

Sorry dude, I've got better things to do....perhaps I'll send Frodo

dxs
06-13-2008, 01:18 PM

OWWW...!
*squints*

*kicks Inner's balls*

dxs
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Apparently you need to come to my band's next show then.

YOU WILL KNOW.

Haha, and you'll have to send me a recording to go with that.
Have you guys gotten it studio recorded?

Inner_Eulogy
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
OWWW...!
*squints*

*kicks Inner's balls*

Ha, I'm too quick for ya'

dxs
06-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Hahahaha!

Where are your balls, then?

Rolo
06-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Hitting someone repetitively on forehead or chin?

dxs
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Actually, I was supposed to be holding them in my hand, but I think I dropped them.
They fell out of my hand.

Sorry, Inner...

dxs
06-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Got a link? :)

Give me a summary of what I should expect.

Rolo
06-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Rivek made a thread about his band; search for "Kevlar".

dxs
06-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I'm surprised you don't have a link. ;]

I didn't know Kevlar worked with newborn babies?
Haha, my curiosity's sparked.

Inner_Eulogy
06-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Actually, I was supposed to be holding them in my hand, but I think I dropped them.
They fell out of my hand.

Sorry, Inner...

You shouldn't have been trying to fondle me in the first place

Rolo
06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm surprised you don't have a link. ;]

* sigh *

Here you go lazy bastard.

* shoves kevlar-link up DXS'es rectal portal * (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=103677)

Satisfied?

dxs
06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
You shouldn't have been trying to fondle me in the first place

WAS NOT!
I was gonna hold them hostage and feed them baked potatoes with canned sardines.

dxs
06-18-2008, 07:04 PM
* sigh *

Here you go lazy bastard.

* shoves kevlar-link up DXS'es rectal portal * (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=103677)

Satisfied?

O.o;
That hurt. >:OOO