Thanks Mods! Anybody else going?

section 109, row E

FirstDegree
05-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Me and My Brother are! =)

GA3 (Section 3 possibly?) Floor Seats 49 & 50

sinfall
05-02-2007, 07:37 AM
My wife and I are going. She went with me to the DC show in September '06 and is now a TOOL junkie.

FirstDegree
05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
He and I were at that very DC show as well.

Section 101 Row E Seats 9 & 10. I even kept the tickets.

sinfall
05-02-2007, 07:59 AM
He and I were at that very DC show as well.

Section 101 Row E Seats 9 & 10. I even kept the tickets.

we were in 112 row H seats 1&2

they were great seats

FirstDegree
05-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh yeah definitely.. were your seats on the ground or the first ones up off of the floor? I liked being up off of the floor a little bit.. it was easier to see everything. I hope I'll be able to see on the floor. (only 5'7")

sinfall
05-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh yeah definitely.. were your seats on the ground or the first ones up off of the floor? I liked being up off of the floor a little bit.. it was easier to see everything. I hope I'll be able to see on the floor. (only 5'7")

a little off of the ground. It was perfect.

Yea, These days I get seats unless it's an outdoor show. I'm not into the moshing or anything. I'm there to enjoy the music and visuals. I'm also short @ 5'8

FirstDegree
05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Speaking of outdoor shows.. a memory..

I remember 2 years ago a group of friends and I went down to the Nissan Pavilion to check out Maiden and Sabbath at Ozzfest. It was funny as hell. Everyone up in the grass area was so stoned that nobody was willing to mosh. I have never seen the point in moshing anyway, so it all worked for the best =)

research
05-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Ticketmaster says sec. 103 has a blocked view, is this true?. I know the stage extends out a bit at 1st mariner, but tool also has minimal peripheral equipment. Any thoughts?

sinfall
05-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Ticketmaster says sec. 103 has a blocked view, is this true?. I know the stage extends out a bit at 1st mariner, but tool also has minimal peripheral equipment. Any thoughts?

ticketmaster says the stage extends halfway into 103, so you may end up missing all of the visuals. i passed on the 103 section and got 109

research
05-03-2007, 04:02 AM
ticketmaster says the stage extends halfway into 103, so you may end up missing all of the visuals. i passed on the 103 section and got 109

I'm going to SC and RVA shows so I can deal w/ no visuals, I just don't care to stare into the back of a speaker or pole....we'll see.

rintoot
05-03-2007, 05:30 AM
i got three tix in 223..what can you guys tell me about this place? how old is it and how have any experiences been there?

darkslayer96
05-03-2007, 01:00 PM
2 things!

First off, First Degree: Your Posting: Me and My Brother are! =)

GA3 (Section 3 possibly?) Floor Seats 49 & 50

When you buy floor seats at this venue, There will no "seats" on the floor, so GA3 49 and 50 only means you were the 49th and 50th person to puschase "standing room" on the floor, so when you go there, have fun looking for seat 49 and 50,. lmao

ALso, I saw tool at this venue on the Lateralus Tour, You will be very close to the stage and the sound quality is great, This is a old arena formerly Baltimore Arena, but now 1st Mariner Arena,

I will be atteneding this show, even know i dont have my tix yet, but i will be purchasing GA FLOORS on the night of the show, You can usually find a scalper right before the show selling them for $5 above cost. Like i did during Lateralus Tour.

Laterz

sinfall
05-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Yea, this will probably be the last time we see tool in this arena. they are building a new 1st mariner arena up by canton

ar3s
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
I got two pre-sale from Toolarmy. I picked up 2 from ticketbastard for my friends, GA5 thirty somethings. I hope the pre-sales are floor.

mellowlikejello
05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
since there are no shows with GA coming anywhere near me (its just something i really want to experience after watching them from seats 3 times last year).... i'm thinking of buying GA tickets on ebay and flying down or taking the train...

but is there a good cheap public transportation system in baltimore? and reasonably priced hotels in the area? i've never been to there so i'm clueless about it.

FortySix&Two
05-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Happy to say I was able to get a FLOOR ticket. Something I have not experienced at a TOOL show, or any show this size. I bought presale for Richmond the day before too. Woo!

FirstDegree
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
but is there a good cheap public transportation system in baltimore? and reasonably priced hotels in the area? i've never been to there so i'm clueless about it.

What is your budget on transportation? The busses are cheap but they can be a pain in the ass. Im not sure about the light rail system or taxis.. I never use them. If you pick up a rental car and can pay for your own parking, that would be the best.. there are parking garages all around (because the venue is right at the inner harbor, close to the other main venues of the city).. anywhere you see a sign with a P on it .. public parking garage. Parking will run from 12 - 20 dollars depending on where you park.

Thats all I got for you ^ But trust Me :p

sinfall
05-04-2007, 09:01 PM
What is your budget on transportation? The busses are cheap but they can be a pain in the ass. Im not sure about the light rail system or taxis.. I never use them. If you pick up a rental car and can pay for your own parking, that would be the best.. there are parking garages all around (because the venue is right at the inner harbor, close to the other main venues of the city).. anywhere you see a sign with a P on it .. public parking garage. Parking will run from 12 - 20 dollars depending on where you park.

yea parking won't be a problem. the wife and i were going to take the lightrail but im not sure how late it runs and don't want to get stuck downtown after the concert.

FirstDegree
05-06-2007, 03:56 PM
lol alright =) I wish I could be more help to you there, but, I dont remember ever riding the lightrail system =P I wouldnt say that Im against taking it.. its just that there is no where that the Lightrail travels that isnt already within driving distance from My house.. I live pretty close to the Arena as is.

rintoot
05-06-2007, 06:43 PM
there is parking right outside the arena, right?

FirstDegree
05-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah, it's got one right across the street.. and If thats full.. go a block or two in any direction.. you'll past two or three.

sinfall
05-07-2007, 04:19 AM
lol alright =) I wish I could be more help to you there, but, I dont remember ever riding the lightrail system =P I wouldnt say that Im against taking it.. its just that there is no where that the Lightrail travels that isnt already within driving distance from My house.. I live pretty close to the Arena as is.

Yea, we are like 10 minutes away in Timonium

FirstDegree
05-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Ahh.. Im in the Rosedale/Golden Ring area.. just down the way a couple mins.

sinfall
05-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Ahh.. Im in the Rosedale/Golden Ring area.. just down the way a couple mins.

yep, not far at all.

ar3s
05-07-2007, 10:52 AM
there is parking right outside the arena, right?

Plenty of parking at the arena and near by.

http://www.baltimorearena.com/directions-parking.shtml

mellowlikejello
05-07-2007, 11:30 AM

thanks for the advice. we're either flying there or taking the train, and probably want to avoid dealing with a rental car. but i guess our budget is... whatever we need to spend. but obviously i dont want to take $50 cab rides.

if we take the train, according to mapquest the amtrak station is only about 3 miles from the venue, so i guess i can just walk there...
maybe this won't be so annoying and complicated.

Deft One
05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I researched the train and light rail and found they stop running at midnight. That's cutting it too close for me. I am driving in from Western Maryland but staying with a friend in DC. Anyone down for a preshow drink somewhere?

darkslayer96
05-07-2007, 09:25 PM
OOps Nevermind!

sinfall
05-08-2007, 07:54 AM
I took off of work and the wife doesn't work, so we are going to head downtown in the morning and spend the day down there. She is in love with Maynard and hopes to just see him out wandering around the streets of baltimore.

Apparently in the fall people saw Adam and Camella shopping in D.C. before the show.

FirstDegree
05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Considering the Inner Harbor is just about what I would call right around the corner from the venue.. I would say its safe to assume that they would want to wander around a bit. I cant go looking for Maynard or the Guys, though. If I dont find them I will be so disappointed :(

sinfall
05-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Considering the Inner Harbor is just about what I would call right around the corner from the venue.. I would say its safe to assume that they would want to wander around a bit. I cant go looking for Maynard or the Guys, though. If I dont find them I will be so disappointed :(

since they are pretty private I doubt my wife or I would approach them, but to seem them out and about would be cool.

Big Daddy
05-09-2007, 06:42 AM
just got tix for section 104 row C yesterday....what do you guys think of a possible stage view obstruction for this section?

sinfall
05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
just got tix for section 104 row C yesterday....what do you guys think of a possible stage view obstruction for this section?

stage comes out to the middle of 103 so you have a 50/50 chance of being in a non visible area

Undertowing
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I researched the train and light rail and found they stop running at midnight. That's cutting it too close for me. I am driving in from Western Maryland but staying with a friend in DC. Anyone down for a preshow drink somewhere?

The MARC trains from DC to Balto and back stop early, but I know after Baltimore Oriole games you can take a bus back to DC that drops you off at Union Station (I used to live in DC). You just buy the round trip MARC ticket from DC and there should be a bus back after the concert, instead of a train. I would imagine they provide the same service for concerts that they do for Oriole games. I would call the venue or MARC to find out.

Amtrak should have a train going to DC at some point in the night. I'm almost positive you should be able to get one of those between 11 pm and 1 am.

The light rail is strictly a Baltimore thing (city and suburbs), so you won't be getting back to DC that way, even if it did run all night.

darkslayer96
05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
whats up people? Ever notice some "Concert Reviews" like Council Bluff , get so very little replies after the show? That sux, So...

Everyone thats going to the Baltimore show is gonna "represent", this means, everyone that is attending is gonna post a review about the Baltimore Show June8th. We're gonna show TOOL and TOOLSHED.DOWN.NET that Baltimore is and will-be the best Tour stop for the 10,000 days tour.

So make sure If you are attending to leave a review after the concert.. At least we can get more replies than Council Bluff at a meagering 26 replies ahahahhaa,

Let's rock this thing, and let's all get fukked up and enjoy one of the Best nights of the year,

June 8th
First Mariner Arena

rintoot
05-14-2007, 01:35 PM
im game...ill post a review deffinitely

ar3s
05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll review. I've seen two shows in DC, and one in Baltimore.

I've read somewhere they really don't like flash photos. I can understand why. So leave the camera home.

The best sound is always in front of the sound booth at the back of the floor. The sound booth is where everything it mixed and adjusted. If it is GA, that is where I'll be standing, not cramming as close as I can to the stage.

TJBundy
05-16-2007, 08:50 AM
section 216 row a seat 1

darkslayer96
05-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I will have GA tix and I will be midstream on the floor, Being i am 6ft 3in tall, I hover over everyone and get a great view.

I will be halfway between the soundboard and the stage, in the "medium" cramming area. I dont mind cramming a lil bit, cuz that will gimme an excuse to get close to some women.

rintoot
05-19-2007, 01:16 PM
so what song are you guys most stoked for? ive got a feeling roseta live is going to be mass insanity...starting to like the whole middle section of the show being 10KD shit, although pushit in the place of right in 2 would be awesome

sinfall
05-20-2007, 04:27 PM
so what song are you guys most stoked for? ive got a feeling roseta live is going to be mass insanity...starting to like the whole middle section of the show being 10KD shit, although pushit in the place of right in 2 would be awesome

I'm just hoping to get a full setlist after last nights show review. they cutoff vicarious and Aenima

PhillyJoe
05-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Section 111 Row F Seats 3-4

Driving down from Philly after work, will be cutting it close. Should be okay getting out of work at 5:00, but anyone know if there will be an opener?

I'm so excited for this show. Will be my fifth. Bringing my sister-in-law with me, she's a huge Tool fan and it will be her first show. Can't wait!

rintoot
05-28-2007, 09:08 AM
^there is an opener i believe, a japanese speed metal band by the name of Melt-Banana with a girl singer. Should be interesting to say the least. I'm gonna be leaving from Central PA at about 2 in the afternoon, maybe get a bite to eat down there somewhere, drink outside and head in for the opener. This will be my first tool show

FortySix&Two
05-28-2007, 06:37 PM
it will be my 6th tool show (attending Richmond show the night before :p), and driving up from central virginia.can't wait.

rintoot
05-29-2007, 10:25 AM
it will be my 6th tool show (attending Richmond show the night before :p), and driving up from central virginia.can't wait.

sweet, i was thinking of doing that but it would just be too much..going to the reading one later instead

sinfall
05-30-2007, 03:44 AM
I have off of work, so the wife and I are going to drive the 10 minute drive to the venue from our house in the morning and hang out in the city all day. Would be cool to see the members of the band out and about in the city as other reviewers have seen them in their cities.

darkslayer96
06-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Got my tickets today only paid $65 a ticket. Woot! Cya There!

FortySix&Two
06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
For anybody that still needs tickets, ticketmaster has released more GA FLOOR seats

darkslayer96
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
of course they did, as they do for every concert, If you havent gotten a ticket yet
this is the time to do it.

4 days! woot!, Been waiting since sept30 for this moment yet again,

Gonna be a great show guys!

sinfall
06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I hope there are no assholes with laser pointers or throwing water bottles

GelatiCruiser
06-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm getting tickets today...can't wait. I had really shitty seats at the Verizon Center in Sept, but enjoyed it nonetheless. I saw them on the Lateralus tour at the Baltimore/1st Mariner Arena...sweet show. And I'm bringing a first timer, so I'm hoping it will be another great show.

davetgl98
06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Edit: Post deleted.

FortySix&Two
06-06-2007, 08:22 AM
They played FLOOD last night!

GelatiCruiser
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Yea, it'd be HUGE if we got that come Friday.

rintoot
06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
whatever happens happens, but i think we may be on pace for the next pushit

darkslayer96
06-07-2007, 01:45 PM
yes indeedy!. Rintoot, Im totally Stoked for Pushit, I figured that if they dont play it in Richmond tonight, We're all set for tomarrow.

PushIT would be an AWESOME addition for Baltimore for sure.

Ill be on the GA FLOOR with Blunts and X... Cant fuckin wait.. only like 24 hrs to go, and I will be on my way...

Hope everyone is gonna have a good time,

and REMEMBER EVERYONE POST A REVIEW after the show.

-DS

Grox
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
hey,

I got my ticket about a month ago, I believe I'm in section 113. Not sure about the exact seat, though. Should be good. I saw The Mars Volta open for System of a Down back in August 2005 at the arena and the sound was not that good, so I'm glad I'm closer to the back where the sound is undoubtedly better. The visuals should be nice, too. I'm psyched.

Melt-Banana should be awesome, I'm a big fan. In fact, they were gonna headline a show at the Ottobar tonight, but they cancelled it in favor of opening for Tool. Sorta sucks, since they're a really great live band when the venue is more intimate. I really hope no Tool fans come on here after the show and lament about how much Melt-Banana sucks, I mean really, there's a reason they're touring with Tool. Isn't the whole idea of Tool to have an open mind about things? Just sayin'. Stuff like this usually happens when big bands get smaller, more ecentric to open for them, like when Deerhoof opened for Radiohead (oh god, the Radiohead fans slaughtered them). It's just sorta lame, you know? A band that prides on being progressive that has fans that are not really as open to other music as they should be.

Ahh...rant. Sorry. That wasn't directed to anyone specific, I just wanted to prepare myself for what will inevitably be some Melt-Banana hate.

darkslayer96
06-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Well Tool Played PUSHit in Richmond tonight, There goes all my hopes in seeing PUSHit yet again in Baltimore. But who knows, maybe we can get third eye or triad instead.

haha!

Just dreaming before the show

sinfall
06-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Well Tool Played PUSHit in Richmond tonight, There goes all my hopes in seeing PUSHit yet again in Baltimore. But who knows, maybe we can get third eye or triad instead.

haha!

Just dreaming before the show

yea. im just hoping no body acts like an idiot with the camera flash,bottles or laser pointers and causes the show to get cut short.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
06-08-2007, 05:49 AM
A friend and I have GA floor tickets - I've seen Tool 4 times now, but never from the pit. I am reluctant to take my buddy into the pit, but hopefully things will remain somewhat chill. I saw them in DC on the last leg and it was quite good, but I've read just about every review since then, and it sounds like they're playing better than ever right now. It actually sounds like they JUST got warmed up to me. Being a musician I know it can take quite a long time and a whole lot of factors being just right to get "there".

Yeah, I too hope there will be no morons throwing things or shining lazers in people's eyes. Of course there will be the inevitable occasional drunken bastard, but I usually find those guys eliminate themselves from the picture.

A couple details: (my prediction at least) we will definitely get Right in Two instead of Pushit (if we don't get something else). And if you managed to read through that whole 50 chapter newsletter there is like only one sentence that illudes to the actual band, that says something like "just like they're ramping up their live show"... for Bonaroo I would presume. So we are actually going to get lucky with this show I have a feeling.

ar3s
06-08-2007, 06:56 AM
yea. im just hoping no body acts like an idiot with the camera flash,bottles or laser pointers and causes the show to get cut short.

Word. I hope no one does that shit in front of me.

I'm looking forward to the experience tonight. The Richmond reviews are great. I think we'll get pushit. Seems like it have been working well in the set lists. But something off undertow would be nice.

Anyone have plans afterwards? There is a Wharf Rat close by, good beer. The meat market down Power Plant Live? Always a quick cab ride to Federal Hill.

ar3s
06-08-2007, 07:01 AM
A friend and I have GA floor tickets - I've seen Tool 4 times now, but never from the pit. I am reluctant to take my buddy into the pit, but hopefully things will remain somewhat chill.

GA was fine the last Baltimore show. Nothing crazy. There was a lot of room to enjoy the show.

DRJ
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
If I had a first born I would give it up to hear Pushit tonight...hearing that song live would be the highlight of my life. I hope the planets align and they play it again tonight.

Maybe if we all concentrate on that thought today it will happen...positive thoughts...positive thoughts...

facelessDrone
06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Melt-Banana was interesting last night. It would be easy to write them off and say "BAH THEY SUCK, what a bunch of crap noise" but I kinda like it. Sure, you couldn't tell at all what the vocalist was saying (/yelping), but whatever, that's their style. I kinda dug it.

DRJ
06-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Melt-Banana was interesting last night. It would be easy to write them off and say "BAH THEY SUCK, what a bunch of crap noise" but I kinda like it. Sure, you couldn't tell at all what the vocalist was saying (/yelping), but whatever, that's their style. I kinda dug it.

Pretty much anyone they put on in front to TOOL is going to have a tough time. Personally, I'm glad they choose bands with different sounds that we might not get to hear otherwise. Looking forward to checking them out tonight.

darkslayer96
06-08-2007, 10:46 AM
The GA floor will be fine..The Last show in 2001 was pretty chill, plenty of room, no one rough housing lol, Tonight will be the same, Im sure..

I saw a video of their June 1st show, and It was like 10,000 times better than the sept30 show in DC.. Way more lights, lasers, and effects...

In 2001 I was blown away, I expect to be blown away again tonight.

My friend is going with me tonight and HE NEVER seen TOOL live, I think it will be
the best show he has ever seen. The only better how that i have seen is PiNk FloYd 94'
I had 9th row tickets.

Well its gonna be a blast.. So Maybe Ill cya there.

Grox
06-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Anybody know when the doors open? I believe Melt-Banana go on at 8 pm.

ar3s
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Anybody know when the doors open? I believe Melt-Banana go on at 8 pm.

Box Office/Will Call opens two hours before a show. Doors are one hour.

Grox
06-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Got it. Thanks!

darkslayer96
06-08-2007, 01:15 PM
The Na-Nar's are on at 8pm !

ar3s
06-08-2007, 01:29 PM
The Na-Nar's are on at 8pm !

Weird, Melt-Banana's site says they supporting in Baltimore. Any more info on Na-Nar's?

Grox
06-08-2007, 02:23 PM
hehe, na-nars = melt-banana. get it? nanners?

junior
06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
And if you managed to read through that whole 50 chapter newsletter there is like only one sentence that illudes to the actual band, that says something like "just like they're ramping up their live show"... for Bonaroo I would presume. So we are actually going to get lucky with this show I have a feeling.

I believe Blair was referring to the way the show ramps up from first song to last, not that the tour has been ramping up.
The production starts kind of moderate and becomes full-blown by the end (lasers, backdrop, and all).

Maz46&2
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Let's hope for something spontaneous for this show. Maybe a last minute song added during soundcheck.