i say its 'center'

Hodge
04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
he's prolly from montreal

and it's it's, not its

Apachana
04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
"...your my peace of mind my HOPE my SATURN, just trying to hold on ...etc"

".. Tear my eyes.." not dim or damn. Tear my eyes in a great big flaming stealth banana third eye.

The third eye opening (third solution to the Schism.. the Son/Inner-Sun) is his hope - his Saturn that comes back around.

imatoolhed
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
he's prolly from montreal

and it's it's, not its

its all what it is... serious grammar its not

i still say 'center'

edit: i didn't even use periods, ha

Apachana
04-30-2007, 05:56 PM
methinks people who worry bout grammar and prowl around in glorious rightiousness when given the opportunity to correct others are..
well.. kinda only projecting their own frustration of having had order imposed on 'em. lol
Let it go ;D Its just symbols. N_th_ng <-- see ;D

Try listening again :) I used studio monitors. it's hard to hear, but its saturn.

Hodge
04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
i will listen now and report back in 7 minutes to see if your ears are full of shit

Hodge
04-30-2007, 06:50 PM
he definitely does not say saturn in that sequence

and i don't know how you make out a T in any of the times where he says "jambi" or "damn" or "dim", whatever it is

Inner_Eulogy
05-01-2007, 09:27 AM

".. Tear my eyes.." not dim or damn. Tear my eyes in a great big flaming stealth banana third eye.

The third eye opening (third solution to the Schism.. the Son/Inner-Sun) is his hope - his Saturn that comes back around.

Apa man, it's not tear my eyes.

Apachana
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Well you could probably be right. I'm not sure of "tear".
Even with Studio monitors and equaliser it's still damn hard to decipher.

But definately not "Damn".. the reason I suggest "tear" is because he makes a "Tjiii" or "chi" sound like "cheer".. so I thought it sounded like a half "tear/cheer"

I'll give it another try. in a real music program instead of Mediaplayer ..2 sec :)

Apachana
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Well that didn't help much haha. Even Huled, pitched and Slowmoed maynards lyrics are still damn tuff haha.

BUT! .. I did manage to extract one definate sentence: it's "your my Home, My saturn".
Please believe me. I've Equalised it, Slowed it down, Put more Hul+pitch into it so that it wasn't "deep pitch" Slow-motion.
It's Definately saturn. and not Hope as I thought efore, but Home.
(Before I didn't analyse it with software. please believe me. it's "Saturn".. there's no way that it could be "Center" or "I just said I".. I managed to make that part super-clear)

As for the "Damn, Dim, Tear, cheer"..
what I could make out is that it's 3 different ways maynard starts the words.
I now think the first is Damn. The second is Cheer. and the last is Tear.
Kinda like he's asking the sun to shine light and damn his eyes (since existence is an illusion and everything is pain, ala buddha)
Then he's asking the Sun to do the opposite - Cheering. which is still the same, since we are Cheered by damnation.
and at last he want's the sun to Tear his eyes apart in a flaming stealth banana.

lateralus15
05-01-2007, 01:19 PM
I think its "set urn" not "saturn".....haha

lateralus15
05-01-2007, 01:20 PM
(too much sarcasm?)

Apachana
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Not at all. Sarcasms great ;D.. but err.. haha
anyone got one of those "upload-then-link" pages I could use to show y'all?

Cheesegreater
05-02-2007, 09:44 AM
"You're my peace of mind my own/home I SAID I'M just trying to hold on one more day"

Listened to it quite a bit. I used to think for sure he said "my own" but now I'm not so sure. But I'm so sure it's indeed "I said I'm..." It would be a really poor pronunciation to say saturn like that. But think about it, they're damn close, (said I'm and saturn) but I hear a phonetic "ed" sound not "at". I also hear "eye mmm" instead of "urn". The result? "I said I'm just trying to hold on."

Apachana
05-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I had to do some serious rendering of it, before I could make the Definate assumption of Saturn. It's really hard to hear. I had to use EQ and Time bending before I could make it out.

err.. but I'm just restateting what I said before lol. Any one got an "upload Link" site I could use to send it to ya? :)

Cheesegreater
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Ever think when you're manipulating it (slowing it down, adjusting all kids of levels, EQing for you taste) that you're making it sound more like what it might not be?

Apachana
05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Yes of course I've considered that. But that's not the case. There's no way the tools I use d such as EQ and time bend, can distort the actual word. The recording is mastered, so it's damn hard to alter the direct words, without going into Phasers and stuff.
It's simply slowing it down, and then adding pitch. So instead of getting a Low-key slowmo Saturn. I get a Saturn in the exact same pitch maynard sings it, only lenghtened. so it's audible.
Im not stupid dawg ;D haha
But hey. I'm only trying to be helpful. :)

SideEffect
05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I hear "You're my piece of mind my all my center just tryin to hold on one more day"

Inner_Eulogy
05-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I hear "You're my piece of mind my all my center just tryin to hold on one more day"

Ditto

corps d'allumen
05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
"My aum."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum

Apachana
05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
There's some kind of weird phonic bullshit going on just all throughout this whole album.

Me too. haha.. I think maynard intentionallly uses sound that's sound like more words at once.
I think the reason for this could be, that although we use them differntly, they're phonically related in the Ancient-languages. So they're simply synononyms.

laurakelch
05-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Jambi Lyric

"...your my peace of mind my ALL my CENTRE, just trying to hold on ...etc"

..."your my peace of mine my OM my centre..." ooooommmmm

Inner_Eulogy
05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
..."your my peace of mine my OM my centre..." ooooommmmm

To each their own....it could be any of them, but I think it's more likely to be "my own" or "my home"

jevons
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Fucking boo.

''Damn my eyes,
Jambi eyeeeiiiiiiiiis.
Damn my eyes if they should compromise a fulcrum.
(If) want and need divide me then i might as well be goooooooooone.''

He is cursing his dual perspective, as it is destroying a very important relationship.

Center, in this case, is a reference to what he is loosing. And it's not there.

''You're my piece of mind, my home I said i'm just trying to hold on one more day.''
No Saturn. He has lived withing this realtionship with success, in a sense, he has created a new world, a new home. Earth is a home, so is my appartment, so scale in this case is entirely irrelevant, until we get to the sun/son shit. Now a different ''success'' is tainting that. He reminds himself of what his simple wish was, in order to survive another day, hopefully returning to his desired state.
As an addict, i often require a mantra not to jump out of my window or go downtown. It's usually an image of my wife.

Not Sun, but Son, which is like a sun in his world, as Devo is all that grounds him in his new reality, one where he is no longer succeptible to Genetic Predispositions (cough, H, cough) and ready to build anew, after all that ''walls come down'' stuff.
He breathes in union, so as one, no longer tormented or broken or split by addiction, he sews his wild oats, uses the straw to rethatch his cottage, watches it bend-- so to speak.

Stop saying Saturn.

Apachana
05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Return to one = Return of saturn eating his children.

Ever considered this:
Since we're about to die, and when we're dead we return to one. What difference did it ever make that we existed in the first place.
If there is only one, then.. we might as well be gone.

I think this song is about the hope of a third option.
The first being the infinity meaningless/infinite chaos. the second being the ego trapped duality.
But if we're simply born, only to become one again. Then we might as well have never been created. since we're only plaything-satellites.

I think maynards referering to the third eye, as his change of luck, the thing that will compromise the fulcrum.
The fulcrum being the Harmony between creation and perishing into nothing.

I think he's saying: If there isn't a third path compromising this fulcrum:
Then why the hell did we have to exist at all, when we're only born to realise that we're only illusion.

jevons
05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Nope.

Damn my eyes IF they should compromise a fulcrum, (if) want and need divide me then i might as well be gooooooone.

The fulcrum, should it be compromised, would be a bad thing. I don't think he's after a change to bad luck, since the song seems like a man digging his way out of a hole, after digging into one.

Please, get out of the new age books and just feel the song. Your opinions will change.

The definition of Tool can not be derived, or cut and pasted, from Flower of Life books, there is a very large ''soul'' element to all of their masterpieces.

Feeeeeeeeeeel.

P.S.
Stop saying Saturn.

Jimmeny
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
We're the ones that invented the language, and we say it's centre. So it's centre.

jevons
05-07-2007, 03:30 PM
a) Fleet Center. Center For Addictions and Mental Health.

b) Centre ice. Centrifuge. -centric.

a) Center = location, usually something architectural

b) Centre = the middle of something.

sicbanana
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Feeeeeeeeeeel.

so...

Shine on forever, shine on, benevolent son...

:)

jevons
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Ever considered this:
Since we're about to die, and when we're dead we return to one. What difference did it ever make that we existed in the first place.

wouldn't death be zero? in terms of mentality and the space we occupy? All the cells in your heart would just be cells, no longer a single mechanism serving as two pumps. They would all live and die as single cells, but the mind, the consciousness, wouldn't it be gone? back to zero?

the difference is in your effects, isn't it?
Once you are here, the world is never the same.
thinkaboutit.

Apachana
05-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh yeah your right haha. But I dont care about the effect, since my Intention is to Observe it.
Now I can't do that after Im gone. haha. So there.

Besides our minds/personalities or what we consider ourselves/souls, are really just tools. We aren't even passengers, we're simply conscious navigation systems.
The real Deal lies in the so called "immortal" Germline cells.
Once they've been tranfered to another host, our consciousness is ready to be discarded.
I don't read new age shit. haha. I read Crowley man. your right bout the feel thing though. But you've gotta Hear it too. I used studio-monitors, they really make a difference in the honesty of the soundwaves.

Sorry if I get to Contra at ya Jevons. I like your words dude. There centainly is truth to the matter of our effecting of space.
Besides the symbol of every possibility is eternal. so fuck it. haha

Apachana
05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
It can't be Center since there's a "Sat" sound, like said. not Zen sound.
It can't be "I just said I" since there's a "urr" sound, like Cent-urrr.

So it's Sat-urn. I'm not saying my interpretations are right. But the sound is.

:D

jevons
05-08-2007, 07:15 AM
If you have studio equipment, do you think you could isolate, or amplify the vocals, i would really appreciate it.
There was an incident at my old film school, i am frowned upon. So i'm making my own studio... slowly. I have no way right now to do any of this.
I'm not saying you're wrong, and since the Saturn lyric could work, i can't make fun of you either.
But, still, the centre image works with the son/sun concept, providing more powerful in my opinion.
And the past tense ''i said i'm just....'' bit, which is what i hear there, works too.

So you go isolate and save us from ourselves please.

DON IOTAE
05-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Jambi Lyric

great avvy...

centre > center ***

jevons
05-08-2007, 09:42 AM
They serve two different purposes now, ***. Get with the times, kill or be killed.

centre, center.

their, there, they're

douche, douches, douchebags

...someday i'll be scurrilous

DON IOTAE
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
lol

scurrlous.

jevons
05-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm tired and i look it.

level 9.5, sleepy.

Inner_Eulogy
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Welcome back Jev....

jevons
05-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Aw, did you miss me?

corps d'allumen
05-09-2007, 10:40 AM
...someday i'll be scurrilous

Your last 3posts neither contained swear words, nor seemed to offend even 1person at all.
Try using ”fuck” as much as possible, as it's a good start toward total vulgarity。★

jevons
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Ummm. what are you talking about?

andf why did you spell fuck like that?

corps d'allumen
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM

and why did you spell fuck like that?

lol.

scur·ri·lous(skūr-ls, skr-) adj.
1. Given to the use of vulgar, coarse, or abusive language; foul-mouthed.
2. Expressed in vulgar, coarse, and abusive language.

I think the guy who misspelled scurrilous, when it's his/her own title, is hysterical as well. ★

DON IOTAE
05-09-2007, 11:25 AM

andf why did you spell fuck like that?

Because I can...

Inner_Eulogy
05-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Aw, did you miss me?

Not exactly

jevons
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
well good then.

Inner_Eulogy
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
well good then.

Splendid

Roadiepat
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
your my peace of mind my HOPE my SATURN, just trying to hold on..

no no no

hes saying "your my peace of mind my HOPE I said I'm just trying to hold on

jevons
05-10-2007, 12:05 PM
your my peace of mind my HOPE my SATURN, just trying to hold on..

no no no

hes saying "your my peace of mind my HOPE I said I'm just trying to hold on

yes! Yes! Yes!

i love you.

jevons
05-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Splendid

fine, then.

Apachana
05-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Swear by will Alone
Swear it like a cornerstone
Swear'n to crush 'em all
Swearal out, keep swearing.

(Spoiler warning: this thread was only written by level 6, and may be spam)

corps d'allumen
05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Swear by will Alone
Swear it like a cornerstone
Swear'n to crush 'em all
Swearal out, keep swearing.

(Spoiler warning: this thread was only written by level 6, and may be spam)

(`・ω・“)How obstreperous of you!☆

jevons
05-11-2007, 12:04 AM
(`・ω・“)How obstreperous of you!☆

that's a neat-o word, what's it mean?

corps d'allumen
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
that's a neat-o word, what's it mean?

(# `ハ“)it means you should have my title, and I should have yours. 【★】

tryptosaur
05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't know about any of you but I just can't swallow the suggestion that this song is about a car.
I can't picture Maynard driving a Saturn.
Not to mention that according to this interpretation he's admitting to LIVING in one--calling it his home.
Where would he shower. And cook?

tryptosaur
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Then again--he does say, "just trying to hold on one more day". Maybe he IS talking about living in a car.
He's gotta have some money, though, right?
I don't know. This one's got me stuck on the fence.

benjamin
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL! -o-saur

Apachana
05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Haven't y'all heard the song by Deftones + maynard "Passenger" ?
It's sooooo goddamn dope.. and it's about a car ;D

We're all just satellites.. and when Saturn return's, we'll either have one or Ten.
One -> salvation. Ten -> ten-thousand days of more pain.
Ten-thousand is the Number of Sahasrara - the crown chakra.
Now if we trash-can all that christian mis-interpretation of Jesus, and look at the original gnostic secrets, then: the crown chakra is "a crown of thorns."
The gnostics actually loaned all of their damn shit from the egyptians and the greeks. This was then put together, to become the bible, by the romans.

Ok so what about this crown of thorns?
well. the crown chakra represents the entire existance, which one then realizes, one is one-with, when one gains buddha-mind.
Then you realize that your God, since your ego is illusion, and your actually just a satellite, ala Bill-Hicks "young man on acid" quote.

So Existance is Pain. 10.000 is the number of suffering. of the crown chakra of thorns.
This is a ..<satellite journey>.., in which we can only experience ourselves as universe, by being broken.
Duality then becomes existance as a whole. it can only be experienced by "Cutting things right in two"

What maynard is saying, is that "your my home, your Saturn"
Cuz saturn "the ALL" returns every thirty years, to devour his children.

Then one is devoured, and return Home, to the source.

Apachana
05-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Source:

N_th_ng

(<---- don't cut-it-in-two.. it doesn't say nothing)
http://shop.nuclearblast.de/artikelbilder/136/136739.jpg

tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Someone said this song is about MJK's mother?
Why would he tell his own mother to take her poison and get out of his way?

Inner_Eulogy
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Someone said this song is about MJK's mother?
Why would he tell his own mother to take her poison and get out of his way?

I don't think it's about his mother but, whether it's about his son, his mother or whatever else....either way, he says "SAVE" your poison and he's referring to the negative influences in life, not the subject of the song.

Eulogy33
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Jambi Lyric

EXACTLY. It's obvious that Maynard is singing those words..how does everyone else not hear that??

jevons
05-30-2007, 10:25 AM
EXACTLY. It's obvious that Maynard is singing those words..how does everyone else not hear that??

There was a nob who thought it was ''She used the poison MSG, she kissed him goodbye.''

Don't think you're fucking special because you think you have it right.

''You're my piece of mind my hope i said i'm just trying to hold on, one more day'' fits with the split personality and colloquial tone of the song, as well as the slightly fantastical and childish way the recognition of the need for change is conveyed.
So shut the fuck up and respect that your opinion, until otherwise clarified by the band, is an opinion.

Eulogy33
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
i dont think i have it right. I KNOW i have it right. and watch your language, there's no need for insulting people.

Inner_Eulogy
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
i dont think i have it right. I KNOW i have it right. and watch your language, there's no need for insulting people.

And I know you were the pimple faced fat kid that got picked on and had twinkies thrown at him in class....it's a FACT. I know this becuse I said so.

chaotic_confusion
06-14-2007, 01:39 PM
i read a topic once making the point that this song sort of explains how excess can keep a person from living out their life, or spending time with loved ones, somewhat becomi9ng corrupted by it, letting it become his demon, completely unaware, and eventually he felt it neccesary to silence that demon, and save it's poison for another day (whether it's legion or leech is irrelevant to this theory).
So in a sense you could say that this song is about a lot of people.
I also read in a magazine (one of last years revolver i believe), that maynard nailed the lyrics and meaning for a certain song in adam's perspective, so this song could be for all of tool, or maybe just maynard and adam... also irrelevant as to which.

Ssj2yugi
06-15-2007, 06:54 AM
He does not say "Jambi Eyes" in this song. I've heard this song live 3 times and have listened to the album hundreds of times. Every single time I've paid attention to that part and he clearly doesn't say "jambi eyes"

chaotic_confusion
06-15-2007, 08:16 PM
again supporting the continuous concept of duality througout this album.

bobbobbob
06-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Its "dim my eyes"...I was third row and sixth row for a few of concerts in the past year...I couldve heard it without the mic, plus the lip movements are completely different for "dim" and "d-AM-n"

Inner_Eulogy
06-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Just a thought. "Liar/Lioyar" is what got me thinking along those lines.

Those are two completely different words, and unless you speak some kind of ghetto slang or foreign language....they're also pronounced completely differently, as they should be.

-Subwise-
07-31-2007, 06:04 PM
out on a limb here.

you're my piece of mind, my home, my seton(piece of thread, religous teacher, His mother) just tryin to hold on for one more day.

-Subwise-
07-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Like the seton stitch.

Inner_Eulogy
08-01-2007, 06:35 AM
out on a limb here.

you're my piece of mind, my home, my seton(piece of thread, religous teacher, His mother) just tryin to hold on for one more day.

It's too bad that word isn't anywhere in there.

dirkz
08-02-2007, 08:44 PM
It's too bad that word isn't anywhere in there.

lol.

I always thought that it was 'center.'

But this thread tells me I'm wrong.

Inner_Eulogy
08-03-2007, 09:19 AM
lol.

I always thought that it was 'center.'

But this thread tells me I'm wrong.

Well, I'm not sure either but, it's either "center", "saturn" or "I said I'm" (it almost sounds like too)...my bets on center though.