PDA

View Full Version : Tool are not Weird or Dark

ufopancakes
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Check this out... I really don't know what to think of this guy. He claims to have an "evolved" and "trained" ear, but at the same time, claims that all of Tool's songs are in 4/4. Nevertheless... its very entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Tb5U8riXE

Apachana
04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
naw nevermind.

this is to stupid to answer haha

ufopancakes
04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
I think he might be joking. Hes a comedian, but it seems like he is actually trying criticize tool. He doesn't really make fun of them.

Apachana
05-01-2007, 06:40 AM
huh like pro comedian? whats his name?

in some strange way I might find it funny if his intentions are ironic on 'em. haha lol
weird way humour works haha

ufopancakes
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure. He goes by Dr. Zoltan. He claims all Tool fans to be stoners, yet he derives his alter ego from Dude Where's my Car. Ironic yes?

But he acutally says that Tool plays in 4/4... which leads me to believe that this dude doesn't know dick about music.

ASnakeForEveryEden
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
ahahahahahaha .. that's funny stuff. be able to laugh at urself, guys. i just don't like the guy cuz he speaks like a ***.

ASnakeForEveryEden
05-09-2007, 07:33 PM
wow, this site censors f-a-g?

toolwithapenis
05-14-2007, 09:05 AM
anybody ever seen bikini bandits
now that shit is weird

tryptosaur
05-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Actually every TOOL song is directly proportional to "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead".
I have created a remarkably innovative software line to convert any TOOL song into DDTWID-timing. I based it on the Bell Curve pre-1994 and it works with both the black and white as well as the color segments.
Anyone interested please contact me with your Visa or Mastercard account number ready.

tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey---why did everybody leave?
C'mon. We'll do it C.O.D. then--with a full money-back guarantee. Honest!

Apachana
05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I've just recently stumpled upon the social Bin. join us Trypto haha

OuRsOuLsInMoTiOn
05-30-2007, 07:58 PM
anybody ever seen bikini bandits
now that shit is weird

If it's the bikini bandits I'm thinking of, (which I honestly doubt) then my question is what does that have to do with Tool?

waltz46n2
06-03-2007, 07:12 AM
If it's the bikini bandits I'm thinking of, (which I honestly doubt) then my question is what does that have to do with Tool?

I think he is talking about the youtube bit about MJK as satan "Bikini Bandits go to Hell"

Cheesegreater
06-03-2007, 08:17 AM
haha... there's even other episodes. There's like three so far. It's weird as shit to see Maynard doing comedy.

OuRsOuLsInMoTiOn
06-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Righto, It's not the same bikini bandits.

Cheesegreater
06-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, it's obviously a spoof.

toolwithapenis
06-03-2007, 02:03 PM
this is bikini bandits
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qUfGMG_dYCw

jevons
06-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Tool has one of the only examples of 10/8 time in the Patient, another being ''Hanging Tree'' by Queens of the Stone Age.

Music is more than just being complicated with your time signatures. And the truest language is that of the heart, that of children. All other forms are merely fragmented or exponged or amplified versions of this.

So fuck this guy. I wouldn't miss him much.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuSlRBL8NQ
/thread

Inner_Eulogy
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Actually every TOOL song is directly proportional to "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead".
I have created a remarkably innovative software line to convert any TOOL song into DDTWID-timing. I based it on the Bell Curve pre-1994 and it works with both the black and white as well as the color segments.
Anyone interested please contact me with your Visa or Mastercard account number ready.

LMAO

ToolRelatedName
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
This is pretty popular among comedians/pessimists. They try to deconstruct a band to a pitiful puddle of pity, purely because they're popular. Tool's a good one though, because the fans think their invisible and beyond criticism, and will surely jump to a great defense at such a thought. I think it's funny. He brings up some good points, although in the end, it's irrelevant. I like Tool for the music they make, their spirit in doing so, and simply the band as a whole. Not because they play in odd time signatures or anything. That's all that should matter really. How a band speaks to you, and if it's in a healthy way that you can build on to becoming a better person in all sorts of ways.

toolwithapenis
06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuSlRBL8NQ

i love this guy
hes really crazy at piano
i dont know how he does it
is it possible to get tool sheet music?

Cloudshaper
06-05-2007, 08:23 AM
He’s just like Tool, Fucking with the fans and sitting back laughing at all the reactions.

hobbitcore
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
He brings up some good points, although in the end, it's irrelevant.

I don't wanna sound like one of those typical Tool fans but honestly, coming from a musician, he doesn't bring up any good points. None.

smeefsmeef
07-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Tool has one of the only examples of 10/8 time in the Patient, another being ''Hanging Tree'' by Queens of the Stone Age.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuSlRBL8NQ
/thread

No,

See:
the Grudge (TOOL)
Vicarious (TOOL)
My Wave (Soundgarden
Bungle in the Jungle (Jethro Tull)

... and plenty more.