PDA

View Full Version : Rip-off...?

Tywi
11-19-2002, 08:12 AM
This is a long shot, but a friend of mine INSISTS that the bass notes which introduce this song sound exactly the same as a synth-type song from the 80's or something... if anyone has any ideas please get back to me. I'd be interested to hear that song if its true.

This is incredible song whether its true or not.

stattica
11-23-2002, 04:12 PM
you should be a little more specific, there were alot of songs in the 80's....

but, if your talking "synt-type" it may be something from Devo. all the members of tool are really into them(Maynard named his kid after them) and they may have used stuff from there songs

Delirus
11-25-2002, 11:27 PM
i read in an interview something that suppors that view it was something like this:
'So what is H. about?
MJK: (after saying stuff about think for yourself,which is true ofcourse) My sons name is Devo H. ill leave it at that.'

so it makes sence that there maybe part of Devos music in the song.the interview is on this site but i dont know which one it is.

Either way the songs still great.

Danz0r
11-27-2002, 07:13 AM
If possible, can we get a song title by this 80's band where we might compare?
I'm curious and would like to hear for myself.

Tywi
12-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry about the vague-ness people. That's all my friend could tell me...

I suppose it could be Devo, but it doesn't seem likely that would have heard any of their songs. I was hoping there would be a really obvious comparison to draw, but I guess not. My friend must be talking complete bull.

Thanks for your time anyways folks.