Lost keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right in Two
Wings for marie
10,000 days
Lateralus

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=82257).

badrummer2112
05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right in Two
Wings for marie
10,000 days
Lateralus

The only word that comes to mind...

Genius.

Maynard annouced at the beginning of the show that he had good news and bad news.

"The good news is... there is no bad news"

awesome laser show...

I literally sung my lungs out the entire time. Being my first Tool concert and all, i expected nothing more than perfect... and thats exactly what was delivered...

SHbassGTR
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
set list:

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings pt 1
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with drummer and bassist of Kinski for extended jam)

This was my 7th time seeing T00L, and seeing how ive had these tickets for almost 10 months now, i am very dissapointed. i expected something different, and ended up having 2 songs cut off the end of the set. performance and production was amazing as always. but seriously, no pushit?! or vicarious or aenema at that. fuckin lame. drove in from dallas to see this show and decided never to travel to see them again. same set list and performance only goes so far. but when they come to DFW im still there!

my bad, just realized that the guest musicians were from king crimson. i was kinda far up in the stands so i couldnt see too well. but they did rock it out at the end of lateralus.

bluelegomaster
05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
The concert was the shit!
I thought they would play The Pot and Sober but the light show was on point.
I was not disappointed at all. If you were at the front of the stage you missed have the show. The whole stage was lite up as a part of the light show. You had to be at the same level or higher than the stage to see the whole show.

davisgeorge
05-21-2007, 09:17 PM
driving back to fort worth show, and I can't help but be torn....ft worth got a better venue for sound and free parking...plus aenima...san antonio got a very lively band...lots interaction, best visuals yet ...spectacular .

just wish we could have gotten a lil something extra for the wait...me me me I know, but cmon...it was a blast nonetheless !

Telos_Infinity
05-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Well it looks like I will be the first to say something bad about this concert. For one, I went to the Houston show last year, the day before the San Antonio, when Maynard was still sick, and that was a MUCH longer set than this one.

For one, I agree with the above post that we should of got some kind of treat, and no Right in Two doesn't count. Absolutely NOTHING was played from undertow, but the biggest let down was the lack of the lateralus encore, which includes Aenema and Vicarious. I mean it probably wasn't their fault, since I heard that the At&t center usually wants everyone out by 11p, but still. All in all, for all the postponements we should have gotten a better show. I will be catching the show tomorrow in Corpus and I can only hope it does some kind of justice.

Pros: Amazing Lateralus breakdown with King Crimson and Danny's awesomeness.
And Danny coming out in a Spurs Jersey and not a gay Lakers one!
Wings for Marie/10,000 days and, of course, all of the laserness.

Cons: Nothing from Undertow.
No Vicarious/Aenema after Lateralus
and no treats for our waiting : (

Quetzalcoatl
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Great show, sound mix was spot on for the most, light show was awesome. Extended breakdown was a real treat but wanted a few more songs for the wait. All in all, I had a great time with friends seeing tool.

preludepatrick
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
My 4th tool show and I have to say I was a bit dissapointed as well. Sure, the laser show was great and the sound wasn't too bad but I would have figured they would have played a special set for us because of the 9 month delay but I guess a half-ass apology from maynard was supposed to make up for that. Sure king crimson, yeah yeah....

Just as a reference, I payed $35 for GA tickets to see tool at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater back when the lateralus tour kicked off.

Now, I payed $40 to get sets in section 230 where I couldn't differentiate who was who on stage. Kinda sucks when you've been a loyal fan for years and you have to pay $38 for a fucking cotton silk-screened T-shirt with some tour dates on it. Yeah okay, lets all feed the moneymaking juggernaut that tool has become.

Now I'm debating whether or not I would see them again if they ever return.

trptamene
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
hooker with a penis.

All in all I thought it was a good show, but this was my first tool show, so I have nothing to compare it too. Am disappointed for no encore, would have been nice to see a longer playlist as well. The visuals along with lateralus were sick. I really liked the extended songs. What else can be said.

tabula.rassa
05-21-2007, 10:39 PM
i couldn't make it, as anyone who has followed the San Antonio threads knows, because of my daughter's birth...

...and, today was my birthday, which would have made this a very special show...

...but...

i HAVE to say that i would have been hugely dissappointed to go to this show. not only did the damn thing get rescheduled twice, but when the show is finally made up, there's not only no special surprise... (i kind of thought it would be swamp song, or something really special like Opiate or H or Jimmy as a part of a completely surprise encore) and not only is there no Pushit...

...but no Pot, or Aenima, or Sober...??????

...and not even the album single... ...that's embarassing, and it makes me wonder if something else was wrong... maybe there's something to the AT&T center wanting things wrapped up early. i work for "the new at&t" and i happen to know first hand how badly they fucking suck and don't give a shit about anyone but the allmighty dollar...

...i still wish that i could have been there, just because i wish i could be at, no bullshit, every single TooL show... ... ...but damn...

...none the less, i would have been hugely let down...

i know that this is a band that has made it clear that they don't owe us anything at all as fans. but i think that this is an occaision that there was something special that should have gone down...

ah well... ...such is life...

...PeAcE...

Ion
05-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Well you can throw me into the batch of disappointed fans as I too was hoping for at least one different song from the rest of the tour but ended up seeing 2 songs cut. I went to the Houston show last year(the day before what was suppose to be the SA show) and was basically an instrumental performance. I also went to the Ft. Worth show in which parking was not free btw.....but I would agree that it was a better overall show. Even after all of that I still had a great time but a little disappointed. They seemed more into it and so did the crowd. Danny also had one or two hiccups but everything else was spot on. I was shocked to see him in a Tim Duncan jersey as last time they were here on November 12, 2002 he was wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey. At the beginning no lights went out and I saw everyone go on stage and Maynard apologized for the postponed shows before shutting out the lights. Well I'm also heading to Corpus tomorrow for my last TOOL show for a while. Hopefully the wait won't have to be too long and they change up the setlist.

Khadgar346
05-21-2007, 11:08 PM
This was my 5th time to see Tool Live. I was lucky enough to catch them on the "mini tour" in NYC and in Houston the day before the original date of this San Antonio show.

I held on to my tickets for 10 months, and I too was disappointed in the show...

My seats were in section 101-row 19 and had a great view of the whole stage and projectors. It was behind the soundboard. The group around me had good energy and a lot of people were really getting into the show.

The sound was decent but I felt the vocals were pretty muddy, could have done a better job but then again, it could have been the venue.

The visuals and laser are fantastic don't get me wrong, but they could have done something a bit extra for us fans that waited TWICE to see this show. No Pot, Sober, Pushit, or Vicarious.

Maynard seemed to be very active on stage, lots of dancing and movements from him. Hey said only a couple things, and thats all...

Stinkfist- they nailed the extended version of this, but no "primal" scream.
46&2- I think Danny came in on his solo a measure or two early, but that just could have been me.

"Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto please come to the principals office"-maynard in the break part of lateralus.

Lateralus jam was great to see. It almost reminded me of the Triad Jam back on the Lateralus Tour. Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson jammed with them. It was cool seeing all six of them on stage rocking out.

The vocals were so muddy I couldn't tell who Maynard was introducing.

Anyways, I'm sure for the fans who saw the show for the first time loved it, but for us "other" fans, I too was expecting more. I will always enjoy a Tool show, but come guys... I was wanting more at the end

I have been to the At&T center a couple times to see APC and NIN but this was the worst experience of them all. $10 for parking, $6.50 a brew, and they stopped serving them at 9:45pm (thanks for the warning!) The best part was when closed down the bathrooms at the end of the show.

Tool's Merch had a lot of items for sale, the only thing I took him with me was a $10 poster, it was the only thing reasonable for the price. I'm sure when the tour is finished they will put those shirts up on their website for about half the price anyways.

Effigy07
05-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Just got home from the show and the bar and I have to say that yes it was a bit disappointing that we didnt get the full 10000 days set (to include Aenima and Vicarious) but the overall point of a band touring on a new album is to play songs from that said album. Point accomplished. Would have been nice to see Vicarious live but come on, Vicarious is one of the lesser songs on 10000 days. Right in Two was great as was Wings/10000 days. K7 said it best, The show left me wanting more. A good band always leaves the fans wanting more. Great show.

P.S. to those who are complaining about the lack of songs from Undertow; I could be wrong but I've always understood that the reason the majority of the tours lack songs from the Paul D'Amour days is that he had copyrighted his bass lines and therefore Sober and other songs (Like Cold & Ugly played at Freeman in November of 2002) only show up on a rare basis. Went to Verizon, Frank Erwin, and Freeman on the Lateralus tour and I would be lying if I said this wasnt quite up to par but then again it is Tool. How band can it really be?

at the gates
05-22-2007, 01:07 AM
this was my first time to see tool live. i ventured from fayetteville, arkansas to see this show. i was a little let down at the lack of encore and the clarity of vocals. i often found myself closing my eyes and envisioning everything that i had imagined a tool show would be. i love tool, f*** yeah, TOOL!!!!! but i wonder how much better it could have been. i left the concert w/ a contact high and a slight buzz (6.50 a beer? are you f***ing serious?) anyway, some cute girls (TONS of hot chicks love tool) sat behind us and made the show alot more reasonable. i sat in section 104 with my two brothers and we left wondering what could have been. effects were second to none but we came to hear tool not to smoke out and gander at light shows. TOOL, i realize that is it not about "spoken word", how can it be when we can't hear the words? please, please take a moment, sip some coffee and realize that rescheduling twice is not grounds for crapping directly in the mouths of your fans. blood sh*t cum is on our hands and none of it is ours. i guess that's the point. I HOPE NEXT TIME YOU'LL PLAY SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES WHO YOU ARE. B/C IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU DO WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE. I'M UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU LIKE TO "SHOCK AND AWE" NOT LEAVE ASAP!!!!!!!!!! jesus christ, ticks & leeches! peace. Arkansas loves you but you just told texas to "Suck it".

Videl
05-22-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm not going to complain really...the anticipation seized during the 8 months of waiting...I was just glad to see them at last. The only disappointment for me was too many 10,000 Days songs, I wish I could have heard Third Eye, Sober, Pushit, but I dare not ask for Intolerance...overall...wonderful and I enjoyed every second :)

roadhouse86
05-22-2007, 03:43 AM
where's my encore tool?
we waited too fucking long for you to come down and cut out 2 songs from the setlist while you've been to the dallas area 3 times during this 10k days tour.

thanks for an entertaining yet still dissappointing show.

dave-tx
05-22-2007, 04:32 AM
I'll throw in my two cents. This was my sixth show. Sat in section 20, the sound was pretty good - no complaints there. If you showed up on time for Kinski then you missed Tu, which was Gunn and Mastelotto - they only played for 20 minutes or so, but they were dynamite. Kinski was interesting as well.

Others have already noted the two songs cut from the setlist. Given the time constraints put on by the venue (wonder if they force the Spurs to finish OT games by 11...heh), I was happy to trade Vicarious/Aenima for the extended Lateralus. Just personal preference.

My biggest gripe is that the setlist, with the exception of the two deleted songs, is identical to what I saw last week in Ft. Worth. I'm spoiled seeing bands that vary the setlist every night, but come on - this band has got enough material to play the "standards", feature material from the new album, and still have time to toss out a couple of selections from the archives.

I'm not disappointed in the show, but I had anticipated more, what being that I've been holding this ticket for the better part of a year.

EDIT: Others have mentioned "no encore", but technically speaking, wasn't the encore everything after "Right in Two"? That's when they took their sit-down-on-the-stage break, if I remember correctly...whenever it was, it was the same as Ft. Worth.

EDIT #2: Funniest comment by Maynard was to Gunn as he was leaving the stage toward the end of the Lateralus jam - something along the lines of "You need more strings on that fucking thing."

MASTERS
05-22-2007, 05:37 AM
This is my first Tool concert and I was pumped up only to be deflated at the end of the show!!!! Don't get me wrong, Lateralus was awesome, but I wanted more!!!!! No encore, come one we waited nine months we could have at least gotten one extra song!!!!!!! I was waiting for Sober, Vicarious and of course The Pot... All in all, they sounded awesome and I'd pay to see them again. I just feel a little cheated out.

CrispyRat
05-22-2007, 06:51 AM
This was my third time seeing TOOL and my son's first (Lateralus - Austin, Texas and 10K SMU Auditorium, Dallas).

I am going to echo some of the sentiment from other posters.

The show was incredible - until its immediate stop. I always leave a TOOL show wanting more, but this time I expected it.

One of any of the following at the end as an "encore" would have sealed the deal in my opinion: The Pot, Aenima, or Vicarious. TOOL leaving the stage, and the lights coming on was kick in the nuts.

I think you had to be there to fully understand. Everything leading up to the show (the postponements, holding on to the tix), the show itself (Right in Two and Lateralus were amazing), only to have the ending be so... abrupt. It was puzzling. I walked out a bit befuddled, and you could feel it in the crowd as we ambled out. The usual whoops and screams of satiated concert-goers was lacking. We were all a bit stunned it was over.

Maynard best explained at the beginning, I guess, when he said something to the effect of:

"San Antonio. We have cancelled on you so many times. Not our fault."

I know it isn't their fault. TOOL fans know it isn't their fault. After waiting so long though, I guess we expected the full ride and a reach around.

We shouldn't have.

rpg
05-22-2007, 07:18 AM
this was suppossed to be my fourteenth tool show. Yes i went to ft worth last weds, and drove to okc on saturday, i got back to dallas on sunday. I too have held on to my tickets since the day they went on sale for the original date. postponed twice , sucks but whatever, was at the show at the woodlands where maynard was sick, i had a good time. I was gone from my house for an hour and half sunday night, during that time my car was stolen from my driveway, shitty yes, the semi-funny part is the exact same car was stolen in december and i got it back in january, just finished getting everything fixed. I bought two tickets through TA for the okc show, never got them but paid for them. bought two extras, ouch, bought two tickets for san an, they were in the car when i got stolen the first time, and then i bought another one for san an, i bought two tix for corpus, and i cant get there. Do any of you cry babies even know who King Crimson are ????????????? Are you aware that alot of what tool does musically are almost a complete copy of King Crimson ??? Are you aware that they are somewhat friends ?? Did you notice that tool hasnt had any guests on stage so far in this tour ???? You saw something special last nite, yes the set list was almost exact to the previous shows, but you did get something special last nite !!! A: tool live and B: guest musicians , wish you would have enjoyed the show. I know I would have.

StereoScopicLenses
05-22-2007, 07:49 AM
it wouldve been special if the actual king crimson band wouldve played a set. that BS they gave us was nothing special. i am disappointed only b/c i have seen tool a few times before and they never disappointed me until lastnight. cutting us short after having to wait all that time. sucks.

angst
05-22-2007, 07:57 AM
more of the same. really good show, but left me wanting more. I was at the Houston show when Maynard hardly sang, and was hoping because this show had been cancelled twice previously that there would be something special in store.

* the visual projection on the stage was beautiful (from section 222),
* great view of Danny's playing,
* Maynard's ride em' cowboy during Jambi,
* Wings/10k Days.
* watching Justin hump his bass for 2 hours... fuck, I wish I had taken a video of that with my phone!!! it was hilarious.

Dislikes:
* Lateralus extended jam could have been one or two other songs (The Pot, Aenima, Vicarious, anything off Undertow),
* could hardly hear vocals from our seats,
* 4-hour drive from Houston and had to be back, awake and at work by 9:00AM!!!!

I wish they would make a high-def. multi-view video of one or more of their shows so we could ALL have a chance at an up close and personal concert... gripe gripe...

mojican24
05-22-2007, 07:58 AM
blah, blah, blah... i'm greatful they even put SA on thier tour... So, they were spread out on the stage; all I could see of Maynard was a shadow. He stood near the back in one place but animated, the light mostly shined on Danny, Adam and Justin. As if they stood at each corner of the stage leaving a void at center stage for the lasers to display images... So I did not get drunk. Drinks are not cheap, I did not want to get out of my seat and AT&T Center cuts off the beer at a certain time. The one time I got up I miss the best part of the laser show, so I’ve been told. I might of cough up a lung for all that screaming and singing...

The pounding of Danny's drum filled my chest, the sustained notes of Adam's strings crept up my spine like welcoming the scratching of a chalkboard and the rich undertones of Justin's bass loosen my core. What a shame you weren't there to dance with.

Iamapimp
05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Times change, people change, bands change. Progress. Definitely different than the 93-94 days, but what isn't. There arena shows have got to be some of the best. They still entertain for your moneys worth and more.

Was it my diluted brain, or did I hear a Steve Miller riff in Lost Keys?

And can anyone tell me if what Effigy07 said was true or know more about why they don't play Paul songs. That would have to be a very special audience to be treated to any Opiate.

jwb
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
And can anyone tell me if what Effigy07 said was true or know more about why they don't play Paul songs. That would have to be a very special audience to be treated to any Opiate.

Not true. The songs are copywrited by the band as a whole, not individuals.

Iamapimp
05-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Not true. The songs are copywrited by the band as a whole, not individuals.

Thank you.

angiewriter
05-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Maynard is a dick.

I know Maynard is a genius and is eccentric, but his eccentricities became a little too apparent during last night's show. Having two bands play before them that seemed like garage bands pulled off the streets of San Antonio was completely unnecessary and could have been shortened to provide more time for a decent setlist.

This was my first time seeing Tool, and I will be the first to admit that I'm not a hardcore enough fan to realize whether Danny comes in two measures early for his drum solo. However, there are songs that I expected to hear. Instead of the 10-minute wank-off sessions that took place, I would have rather heard Pot, Aenima, Vicarious, and Sober, which by the way, are some of their biggest hits. I have seen many great bands in concert--Metallica, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Kiss, to name a few--and their number-one goal is to please the fans. However, Tool has lost sight of the fact that without their fans, they would still be jamming out in their garage in L.A.

Maynard needs to uncurl from the fetal position and realize who makes them their money and gives them their status. The lasers were cool, but they did not compensate for the shitty set list. This was my birthday present, and after waiting 10 months, I expected a performance that would be at least on par with the other dates on the tour.

Dug-Train
05-22-2007, 09:28 AM
This was an EXCELLENT show, my fourth time to see Tool.

-The visuals were wonderful, the lasers in the latter half of the show added a great third dimension to the performance. It was nice to kind of take a look all the way around at everything that was going on with the animated lasers cutting their was through the clouds of fog.

-Jambii is such a charged song and a great opener. I loved the extended version of Stinkfist, the extension is so rhythmic and FUN to listen to. Right In Two, I was looking forward to this one and they fucking nailed it, they just fucking blew me out of the water with it.

-I wish people would have shut their mouths during 10,000 Days / Wings for Marie. Stop cheering mindlessly and listed to the songs for what they are, the beginning of 10,000 Days is a somber and quiet opening, so be quiet and still and take in the energy and emotion of the music.

-The extended Lateralus was a surprise. They had Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Krimson perform. It was a blast listening to Pat and Danny feed off each other's rhythms and syncopations, absolutely enjoyable. By the way people, THIS WAS OUR TREAT FOR WAITING 9 MONTHS, THESE TWO GREAT MUSICIANS MADE IT OUT TO OUR SHOW AND GAVE US ONE HELL OF A PERFORMANCE! Disappointed that the crowd didn't cheer as loud as they should have when they were introduced on stage, show proper respect, c'mon guys!

-I honestly was disappointed by the lack of Vicarious and Aenema, but thinking back I feel the extended version of Lateralus made up for it!

-Highlight for the night: when the band took a break and sat there on stage while the audience raised their lighters. I've never seen that done to such an effect, it was like looking at stars in the sky and was an incredible, incredible moment! Tool deserves the ovation.

Thank you, Tool, for another great show.
-Dugan

Undone
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Two words: Simply amazing. 4th time to see Tool and they haven't disappointed yet. To the people complaining about not getting anything special I'd like to say......

The extended lateralus with 2 members of King Crimson blew my mind! Something like that doesn't happen every night. From the floor I had a perfect view of all 4 (6) members and the jam was intense. Justin sat and held the bass line from the quiet part of lateralus and then Trey and Pat started to add layers to it. Pretty soon Danny was picking up speed and they brought the sound to a furious frenzy while Adam was just watching in amazement. The whole thing looked pretty free form with Pat staring intently at Danny to match him. The guy next to me was like 'are they still playing this song' when they dropped back into lateralus.

Anyways, Danny's Duncan jersey was awesome and they pulled a prank and a half at the beginning. I thought it was unusual that all four walked out together at the beginning. Maynard said 'San Antonio, you all have the worst luck." That was when I noticed Danny had his arm in a sling. "Well I have some good news and bad news...." Realizing that his arm couldn't really be hurt, I was still relieved when Maynard said "The good news is there is no bad news" I don't know if Danny normally wears the sling out on stage, but I thought it was a clever trick.

A show well worth the long wait, and between SMU and SA I've heard all the 10,000 days songs except a full version of intension. If your disappointed I'm sorry because as I looked around the arena last night; it looked as if around 18,000 people were all rocking the fuck out. Wish you'd have joined us.

peace

I forgot to mention the huge scale "Net of Being" by Alex Grey that they unveiled sometime during the laser show. I think it was near the end of 10,000 days but I'm not sure. After the show you could really see how massive that thing was.

coldasice
05-22-2007, 10:36 AM
okay first off, lemme say that i am a big fan, have been since the "old" days. i put tool in my top five favorite bands of all time. now that that's out of the way...
the show sucked.
i was in section 121, maybe 50 yards from the stage. from where i was sitting, it sounded as if the speakers on that side of the stage were BLOWN. you know how a blown speaker sounds? like shit. with a pop and rattle during the low notes. i dont know if the sound booths spl meters were off, or fucked up, or the sound tech was sleeping or what...but the sound was definitely not "right on" AT ALL from where i sat.
for as much as we paid for our tickets, you would think that there wouldn't be a shitty seat in the house, right? now...some may say, "your seats sucked" or "you dont know anything about sound"...blah blah blah. i sat ONE SECTION over (towards the stage no less), at the same level (section 120) for the Trans Siberian Orchestra, which is a loud production as well. guess what? it sounded great. as far as not knowing about sound...yeah fuckin right, im not even gonna discuss that except to say I DO.
the bass was bottoming out the speakers the whole show, man. lyrics? what lyrics? the only reason i knew there were lyrics was because i am familiar with the songs.
as far as the set list being to short...after the sonic bashing i got from the songs they did play, i was almost wishing it was even shorter. fucked up, i know.
now, suffice it to say that i am glad i didnt buy a goddam 40 dollar shirt for a concert that sucked ass so bad i cant even lie to myself and say it was good.
i cant say i will never see tool again. but i can say for fucking sure that i will never see them in an indoor venue again. i dont care if i have to drive to houston (cynthia woods woot woot).
all the tool sycophants posting glowing, maynard ball-sucking reviews need to like...clean your ears and get past the tool factor. i mean... i love the band too...but the guy earlier said it about caring for the fans...every time i have seen pearl jam (and yeah, they are just as good a band as tool musically and personally) they have played over two and a half hours and actually interacted with the crowd like they WANTED to be there...not like they were there to sell tshirts. c'mon dude...there were times when i wanted to hurl myself to the concrete below.
now, the good thing is, i saved a lot of money on my car insurance.
really, tho...when they brought the level down during the lateralus drum presentation and the drum war began, truly amazing. it almost made up for the hour and a half of crap that came before. almost.
maybe next time we will get a performance worthy of our admiration and praise. and yeah, "we should be happy we got to see them and stop bitching and blah blah blah"...STFU. they should be happy that we are their fans. thats the way that shit should work, not the other way around.

puscifer21
05-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Thank you Tool for an excellent show. We need to realize as fans, that these guys are in their mid to upper 40's. And playing day in/ day out takes a toll on them. We're very lucky to have seen them at all due to Danny's injury. QUIT BITCHING AND MOANING. If you're a fan, support them. If not, then don't go the show. Leave the seat open for a real fan. Hopefully they'll come back and it will better for some of you. Making music is to please the self, not anyone else. We just so happen to like what they like. Peace and respect to all of you. ---Think for yourself, QUESTION AUTHORITY.

semi-sentient
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Not much too add that hasn't already been said. I enjoyed the show very much (lost my voice afterwards), but I left wanting much more. This tour does not even come close to the Lateralus tour, IMO, but it's still head and shoulders above other shows I've seen, so it's hard to really complain.

WRT to the extended Schism/Lateralus parts, I would have preferred they left the original songs in tact and just added the following to the setlist:
- Parabol/Parabola
- Third Eye or Pushit
- Vicarious

Had they done that, this show would have been damn near perfect. Hopefully we'll get a better setlist next time around--if there is a next time around. That being said, the extended Lateralus still blew my mind and was somewhat of a treat, IMO.

P.S. Danny kicked major ass, particularly while performing Rosetta Stoned and the extended part of Lateralus. I had perfect seating to watch his every move, and the man is simply amazing.

tyler47
05-22-2007, 11:41 AM
i dont understand how people can be dissapointed with this show at all. i drove from dallas, and it kicked Ft worth and the AAC show in dallas last years ASS! they rocked out so hard. and for all of you wanting "old" songs... you shoulda seen them when they played those songs... they are an evolving band playing from their NEW album, so of course they are going to play from the 10k days just as they did when lateralus came out, and so forth. i snuck my camera in and took about 15 videos and the show was fucking GENIUS. you have to realize all these guys are in their 40's, danny has an injury, they have been touring for over a year... all FOR US. they are doing US a favor. dont ask for more when you are alreayd getting an amazing treat.

SPIRAL OUT!!!!

rhinohumper
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Fourth Tool show, and easily the worst.

I bought my tickets after the first cancellation. They were located BEHIND the stage, in section 219. I liked the idea of having a birds eye view of the band, and being up close wasn't a necessity (after being row F at their SMU performance). Really, I felt lucky to get tickets to what I assumed to be a sold-out show. I was wrong. The only view we had of the projector/laser show was from behind. No visual show for us. What was far worse was that the sound was horrendous. Couldn't understand a thing when Maynard spoke, couldn't understand any vocals, and everything sounded a beat or two off of everything else. It was all so muddy. I was delighted not to hear any new songs, as hearing them first that way would have ruinned them for me.

It may have been the AT&T Center's idea to sell these tickets, but Tool shouldn't have gone along with it. My experience was awful. I can't believe anyone sitting around me would disagree.

CaseLogic
05-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I can understand how some of you are disappointed by the shortened setlist, but you have got to be on crack if you think the show "sucked." They performed REALLY well and were on target the whole night. Seemed like the mixing was off in Jambi but they corrected it throughout the concert.

We got extended versions of Schism and Stinkfist, as well as our very own extended version of Lateralus w/ a mini drum war, too. Has it occurred to you guys they cut the last 2 songs because Danny Carey's arm can't take that long of a performance? They started cutting the last 2 at OKC, I doubt they just did it for shits and giggles. There's more than likely a legitimate reason.

I would gladly leave out The Pot and Vicarious for the songs they performed. Even Aenema, I think I've heard it enough.

Sure the setlist could be longer, but hell 2 hours is not too shabby of a performance. If you guys are really itching for songs from Aenima and Undertow, go back and time and see them during their respective tours. This is a 10K days tour.

BoomShakaLaka
05-22-2007, 01:51 PM
my 3rd tool show, and it was amazing, the best live version of Lateralus i've ever seen

great show

hackdaddy82
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM
This was my 5th show, and I recntly was at the Fort Worth show as well. I will get my only MINOR disappointment out the way which was that I would have liked a couple of more songs (just like the Fort WOrth show). HOWEVER, one thing I think people overlook is that with the amount of visuals in their productions, you cannot just add songs instantly to your setlist and be in sync w/ the visual aspect of the show. Thats why we pay $50 for a ticket, it's not so TOOL can hold your hand and give a list of lyrics for each song, it's for the total artistic display and experience.

Personally, I thought the biggest "treat" of all last night was that the ENTIRE band came on-stage before their set, WITH THE HOUSE LIGHTS ON, and gave San Antonio a small talk. When Maynard said , "The good news is, THERE IS NO BAD NEWS" I got really pumped and then Jambi just put me in a hyped mood the rest of the show.

As far sound quality, I sat directly to the side of teh stage, a little up, on Danny and Justin's side. Sure the lyrics were a little fuzzy, but I still thought the sound was OK....obviously it's not going to be as good as if you were sitting behind the sound booth. I was happy to be the closest I've ever been to the band, so it was a nice new perspective from where I was at.

Overall, great show.....I made it a point to watch Justin a little more this time, since I never really do...and he was goin off! I think he was humping his bass for the entire time he was standing!

Last Tool show for a while I guess......but I'll definitely be ready to catch a few on the next tour.

mojican24
05-22-2007, 02:52 PM
A great show and I am proud to have been there, being a San Antonio native. Only two complaints:

1. AT&T is not a good venue for TooL and other loud heavy progressive thought provoking artist. It’s more suitable for the manufactured mainstream (crap) pop.
2. Seems too many “fans” can't evolve with band. “Fans” that claimed to be OGT, from '92, the first EP.… I’d complain too if I didn’t think I’d become one of you.

For those who come for outside our city limits… Thanks.

P.S. To the couple seat behind me at Section 128, Row 19, Seat 16... Thanks for the Light, see ya at the next one.

Out!

Sherocker
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
I work for 99.5 KISS here in San Antonio, and FYI about the early drink cut-off: TOOL requested that the venue stop serving after a certain time. You KNOW the AT&T Ctr. would sell as LATE as posible to all us healthy drinkers! You know they make a KILLING in beer/drink sales!

Oh, and as a TOOL concert first timer--it was pretty much what I expected. Rockin'. So we missed a few "favorites"...the energy was still in the air.

jasonk
05-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Fourth Tool show, and easily the worst.

I bought my tickets after the first cancellation. They were located BEHIND the stage, in section 219. I liked the idea of having a birds eye view of the band, and being up close wasn't a necessity (after being row F at their SMU performance). Really, I felt lucky to get tickets to what I assumed to be a sold-out show. I was wrong. The only view we had of the projector/laser show was from behind. No visual show for us. What was far worse was that the sound was horrendous. Couldn't understand a thing when Maynard spoke, couldn't understand any vocals, and everything sounded a beat or two off of everything else. It was all so muddy. I was delighted not to hear any new songs, as hearing them first that way would have ruinned them for me.

It may have been the AT&T Center's idea to sell these tickets, but Tool shouldn't have gone along with it. My experience was awful. I can't believe anyone sitting around me would disagree.

i agree here. we sat in sec 219 as well. it was a good show, we went to support the band. have seen them umpteen times, and by all acounts, this is not the old days. not even the aenima days where they opened up with third eye ( WOW ).
all in all, decent show. whoever pointed out the bands age, has a good point.
later

parabolaus
05-22-2007, 03:30 PM
First of all, this was my first Tool show and, of course I was blown away. However, I had tons of trouble obtaining my tickets from the will call booth...

The Lateralus breakdown was phenomenal and I must say, I think Tool was shafted by the venue and could not finish their set; it seemed like they were really into it.

The energy in the room was amazing, it's like nothing I have ever felt before. I will certainly be seeing these guys when the come around in the future.

xPTCx
05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Awesome Show! Section F6 (back of the floor, right side facing the stage)
Thank you TOOL for another great experience. Well worth the wait.
The one complaint that I have is NOT about the band, or the set list, etc. Its about the clusterf**k in trying to get a cab back to our hotel after the show. What a joke.
Be cool everyone, and we'll "see you on the other side"

aziraphale
05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
The concert would have been 10,000 times better if Maynard's vocals had been two times louder. I had to strain my ears the whole time.

salami_loves_tool
05-22-2007, 04:54 PM
alright. so all around: lights, music, lazers; the show was awesome!!!! this was my first time seening tool and i have literally been waiting to see them my whole life. i envy those who can just follow them around from show to show or have had the opportunity to see them 7 times. how fortunate for you. not the mention the fact that you more than likely have been to a show that wasnt held back. because to me, thats how this show felt. yeah as i said before i have not seen past shows so how would i know if they held back or not, but come on, it doesnt take a fucking rocket scientist to realize that shit. i sat on the floor 8th row and even then i was fully satisfied. not to mention the fact that we got no encore!!!! not even a chance to ask for an encore. (i read above about the break the band took and they came back and how that could have been an encore but i highly doubt that) come on guys....we have been holding the tickets for almost a year!!!! as for the song choices, i didnt so much mind. understandable we did not hear Aenema and i would have liked Jimmy, but this tour (as said above) was used to promote their new album. the set list was not the problem. i just feel as though San Antonio was fucked up their asses and out their mouths. if the case is, the band doesnt like us from past experiences, i should see a show of theirs in another city but then again if THATS the case, they are not the band i thought they were.

*and the deftones officially move up a notch on my personal list*

and for those of you saying that those on the floor missed a good light show, you are wrong. i saw the lights and lasers prefectly. those on the top middle missed out because most of the lasers were shining and making designs on the walls in the back. just thought i would clarify that......

lotusexperience
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
This was my 5th TOOL show and honestly not my favorite. The band did an amazing job, but the sound sucked. We were in section 224 (waited an hour in line before the tickets went on sale for those shitty seats too) and we couldn't hear Maynard most of the show. I absolutely hate the AT&T center and will never attend a concert there again. I remember seeing them in 98 at Sunken Gardens now that was a show.
All we could see from our seats was a tiny bit of the screens and the floor projections. We thought about getting binoculars, but it slipped our minds.
On top of the shitty seats, and shitty sound the drunk ass girl behind us couldn't hold her liquor and splattered me and my brother with puke.

I am still greatful to have seen them, it just wasn't the experience I know it could have been in a different venue.

operativex
05-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Awesome show overall I thought. 5th Tool concert.

To me in section 205, the lightshow was great. The stage effects were Awesome!!! So many colors and patterns, the stage and background under and behind Tool was alive and badass. The audio sounded pretty good to me, Maynard's vocals slightly low, not unusual for Tool. Danny's bass rocked my socks off, god help me someday I will own a stereo as loud as concert speakers! hahah
Maynard moved around and danced ALOT more than usual. And the drum duel between the guy from King Krimson and Danny was the shit!

Anyway, here's a pic from the night. A cool moment with Tool and the fans:

http://host41.hrwebservices.net/~wacostr/drew/albums/tool2/normal_DSCF2814.jpg

have plenty more, and vids. pm me if you got audio!

trenee77
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
My first show ever... IT...WAS....AWWWWWWESOME!! Everything I thought it would be and more!! I loved the laser show. Thank you, Tool.

Maynard, you were so HOT! Gave me goosebumps.

$43 shirts was a little pricey, though. Sorry but a girl's gotta eat! Maybe next time around.

Kerinska
05-22-2007, 07:03 PM
First I thought that this show was everything beyond awlsom it just rocked plain and simple i just cant see why some of thease people can complain. I have been waiting since the september 12th to and in my opinion is was well worth the wait and they serently treated this show

Pros: The lights and lasers had a great expanding efect on the show. People sitting floor level rilly did miss half the show and even sitting up in section 222 i could still see all the band members.
I loved getting to here 10,000 days.
Danny was rocken so hard
the extened lareralus was exelent, i sapose a little long but that is just because i am a little impatient. Hearing king crimson jam with Danny was frecken sweet thoes drum solos where just the epitome of awlsom. (ROCK ON DANNY!)
Maynard dancing was just plain funny
There energy was just thou that roof the whole show.
The sea of lighters was sweet the fans tribute to the band

Cons: The audio quality for the vocals was not as good as i would have liked had to strain to hear Maynard
I would have liked to have heard more songs (but I mean rilly its TOOL you can never hear enough i always want more) the extended songs made up thou

operativex
05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
any pix?

http://host41.hrwebservices.net/~wacostr/drew/thumbnails.php?album=56

steveo
05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right in Two
Wings for marie
10,000 days
Lateralus

this was actually my first ever seeing tool in concert i would say it was one of there best concerts ever.i loved the lazer show it was so fucking awesome. i loved that crazy dance that Maynard did.

What the fuck they did not play the pot. whats up with this shit i thought they where going to play that song thats like one of there best songs on the new album.

the show was so fucking awesome.

semi-sentient
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I was in Section 20, Row 7 and thought the sound was decent. The vocals definitely could have been louder though. Drums, bass, and lead sounded pretty good--from my perspective. I can see why the sound wouldn't carry well (for folks in the back/top), with echoes distorting shit.

Tool needs to stop fucking around and come play @Stubbs in Austin. Never been disappointed with that venue, although it's much smaller.

tooldude77
05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
it wouldve been special if the actual king crimson band wouldve played a set. that BS they gave us was nothing special. i am disappointed only b/c i have seen tool a few times before and they never disappointed me until lastnight. cutting us short after having to wait all that time. sucks.

Same here bro. I remember seeing them in 1998 at the Sunken Gardens and it was fucking kick ass, and have seen them several times since. I am 40 years old and seen many a concert, and I have to say that lastnight's show was OK.
No fucking encore . . at least 1 for the year long wait.
Really pissed at TooL lately, as they skipped Austin again and went to all these other bumfuck places? WTF

Nice jersey Danny . . wearing a Spurs jersey when you are a die hard Lakers fan!Too bad Maynard was on the rag and got pissed off and decided it was over?
Adam you rocked as always! Loved the solo/on the fly jamming . . and Justin who tore than damn bass up rocked hard as hell!

1st show I took my son too and he enjoyed, but I was very disappointed, especially after being a die hard fan for almost 15 years with many hard to find collectibles. Really wanted to get an autograph . . but know it is impossible.

TOO BAD YOU ALL SCREWED US AGAIN in San Antonio? I paid way too much too drive that far and back again to see a performance lacking many songs from Undertow, Aenima, Opiate, Lateralus, Salival? No Aenima? dude wtf or who the fuck makes your setlist?
Blew way too much money to have the camera-natzi-rent-a-security-guards shining flashlights all over and not hearing at least 5 more songs minimum?

I am still a Tool fan & listener, but doubt I will ever go again and waste my $ on a BS performance that lacked the performance I paid for. No tits? No more reverand? Reverand Maynard, "Are you getting old?" Love you bro but quit screwing the ones that pay for all your merchandise, concerts & CD's?

I will eventually relax, as it was a good show, but I have never been to a show that didn't have an encore? Even on 6th Street, Antone's, etc . . bands give a encore. More visuals & better lasers . . . . lasers lacked from earlier shows IMO.

Damn you Tool! Drove a 100mph there & back, paid over $800 for tickets and 2 shirts for that . . . what a letdown. Maybe try coming to Austin next time . . . which will be in what 10 years? Bill Hicks would have been fucking pissed man!

Another time . . . Sorry to bore you all with my rant, just disappointing SA didn't get at least the same as all the other tour dates, an encore, Aenima, Sober, Swamp Song, H, Bottom, Pushit, Reflection/Triad, etc. :(

paraflux
05-23-2007, 08:23 AM
If you do not have a show review, stop posting in this thread!

simplyovercomplicated
05-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I was there. I was a bit tipsy. But I loved it damnit. They couldn't play past 11. That was not their fault. Bitch to the AT&T Center for that. Some songs where cut. I was in section 212. It was not behind the stage, but it was to the left looking it it. And this kid sitting next to us was like a bump on a log. I wanted to slap him silly, but I don't let people bother me. I SUNG TO MY HEARTS DESIRE. AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Where I sat the sound was nice, but you could barely hear Maynard. But you know what? I didn't care! It was Tool for god's sake!! That was my bad for not hearing abou the concert until after the original date, so I had to get the 'leftovers'. I was definitely up in the nosebleeds, but I could see the stage just fine. And I got some good pics, I even got busted by security for taking them. Then my brother had to go screw it up by being a drunk a** and getting us kicked out right during Lateralus. (Idiot!)

simplyovercomplicated
05-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Also, let me add this... I am a die hard 100% Tool fan. I ADORE Opiate & Undertow. But, I adore ALL Tool. So I was pretty damn happy to hear any and everything they had. I love 10,000 days just as much as Opiate. They could have played the Barney (I love you, you love me) song and I would have been just as thrilled! Yah hearing Opiate and Undertow songs would have kicked ass, but I was happy to hear what I heard... just wish I could heard Maynard's beautiful voice a little better. But I am satisfied. I drove from Waco to San Antonio, paid for a hotel, gas & the tickets and the EXPENSIVE beer and still dug it. My hotel was shitty though! They didn't give me a smoking room, two out of four lights didn't work, the sink didn't have a stopper (our makeshift cooler), our key didn't work at first and it said tune to Channel 98 for a TV guide and there was no 98!! So, the only complaints I have is with the hotel, and I am not even complaining about that... TOOL WAS BAD ASS!!! I LOVED ALL THEY PLAYED! AND THE PRETTY, PRETTY LIGHTS WERE GREAT AS WELL!

Joet(alamo,tx)
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
well people i was at the show as well and since it was my first tool show i didnt know what to expect. Well waiting since sep 12 2006, to see them fortunate enough to be in the 8th row was a dream come true. I was amazed at how close they were, but there was something missing something i dont understand but maynard wasnt into it that much as he did in corpus. They might have been cut off or something, at the end of lateralus justin looks at maynard with an intention to keep going and maynard simple males a suggestion like thats it. He was surprised looked at Adam and simply decided to salute the crowed and say thier good byes. Did i expect more honestly yes wating almost 9 mnths to see them what do you expect. But hey its TOOL and the show was still amazing and and i would see them again any day. Corpus was an awesome show!!!!!

texsin
05-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I was at the Bossier City show and i'll say this one was better. Danny's arm can take the drumming people. It's most likely the venue telling them to be down at 11 pm. At&t is a sports arena hosting an NBA confrence finals game the next day..

My buddy and I took the recomendation from a bartender to hit up Mi Tierra (i think thats how to spell it) after the bar closed at 2am. Who was there??? Adam and all his pigtail glory. After he and his party were done eating they purchased several shirts from the little stand and I had the opportunity to blurt out something along the lines of

"thanks, i love what you guys do for us"

he smiled and waived at us, took his stack of shirts and left.

pretty cool.

by the way the food at that place is fucking amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone next time they are in S.A.

Death In June
05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
The setlist was shit, there was no encore, there was too much filler, and merchandise was ass rapingly expensive. It didnt live up to the hype, and I would not go again if I had the opportunity to keep my cash.

imitatio
05-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I guess I should start by stating that I never received the "how to write a concert review" handbook ...uhhh I guess I could put the setlist on here or something?

SEE ABOVE

yeah i think that covers it

...and now for something completely different

this was my 10th show, and 4th in 6 days

it was incredible- the best of the 4 recent shows by a mile, and that mile has everything to do with the absolute greatness of the performance of lateralus

im not surprised at all at the general apathy on the boards regarding this show, especially because when they invited the KC boys up on stage I was the only one clapping while everyone around was asking each other who they were.

.....typical...I guess theyd have to bring up bob plant on stage for the crowd to think they got a "treat" that they deserved for waiting?

and while I'm on the subject...just what did we deserve? I went to the houston show I SHOULD HAVE had to wait to see. If you think you deserve something for having to wait until the band can give you what you paid for...well...you're an idiot. Would you have rather them perform vocal-less in september or drum-less in march?

OK I'll get off my soap box now. Back to the setlist....

I would much rather get a performance filled with one-off versions of songs than to hear vicarious and sober...yet....another....time. For those of you wondering how they perform vicarious and sober nowadays....ill give you a hint......press PLAY. I guess you're all just sorry you couldnt kareoki(sp) it up....ohh im so dissappointed i couldnt be SPARED to death by a million people around me screaming their lungs out to a song I've heard a gazillion times. And I'm pretty sure if you had the chance to ask the band, they'd be just as sarcastic.

you missed nothing and you got an amazing jam session by two progressive rock legends....if you don't like that....well....that makes one of us.

two big thumbs up!!

B

kevinskrazyklub
05-23-2007, 08:32 PM
this was my first tool show and it was awesome. Except the fact the AT&T center closes at 11:00(i'd love to see them do that to the spurs--i hate them anyways). Best live performance i've ever seen from any band IMO, but could've been better if they played vicarious and aenima like the other shows. I hope everyone stops ranting about how they didn't play pushit and third eye, even though they are my 2 favorite songs, its the 10,000 Days tour by the way.

Tezcatlipoca
05-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, it was an awsome experience 5th and 6th shows I've seen, without a doubt the best seats i've ever had. We did the S.A. Monday and C.C. Tuesday ,was a bad-ass weekend (or whatever it was sure felt like a weekend) good shit anyway . At the S.A. show was in the Third row F2 seats 7-8(thank you TicketMaster Auctions) right in front of Dny and Jstn about 15' away, being that close to Jstn And Dny brings two words to mind: BASS DRIVEN for-real Jstn killed it , I mean Adam is over there on the other side all cool and collected , Jstn while collected aswell is just Jamming (maybe was just the hair ala' old school 80's METAL, not that Gay Ass Whitesnake Shit either but the Metallica ONE video old school) ANYWAY , talk about feeling the music. Goes without saying Danny is GOD and thats all that needs to said about that. His musical resume will make sure(seal the fact that) he goes down as one of the best Drummers to have ever picked up sticks NOW THATS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID FOR-REAL. So the show ends and we are trying to catch anything that comes off the stage..................NOTHING, the tech guys come and start taking down the stage and...................SETLST....GOT IT.....SWEET.........ADAMS HANDWRITNIG......he wrote next to the extended songs looks like this :
JAMBI
STINKFIST
46+2
SCHISM - B13 RATE2-0
OCT REL 1-12
\l/ REL 1-12
with intoROSETTA -A1
RIGHT IN TWO
-----------------------------------SET BREAK--------------------------------------

WINGS
LATERALUS - A1
VICARIOUS? - B3
OCT
\l/

MONDAY 21ST MAY 2007
SAN ANTONIO TX.

Thats as best I can describe it those things under the OCT are arrows pointing down. Kinda SUX that they even wrote in VICARIOUS? with the ? though Guess they didn't have enought time, BUT if you were at the C.C. show caught it there. Was sweet during VICARIOUS lasers went off bouncing around all chaotically, and did a BAD-ASS grid thing that formed like a wall between us and the BAND. Anyway after the show shared a cab D-town , got drunk with the cool couple we shared the cab with, smoked a J on the Riverwalk @ bout2:15 a.m. , woke up and drove down to C.C. where at will call waited two CON Front Row seats 17-18( THX again TicketMaster Auctions) right up on the rail. It was awsome aswell . I will write about it in the C.C. post. S.A. ruled , although security at the front was vicious was literally impossible they were busting it as soon I smelled it , I never even tried to light little mini -J. That was my only *CON.
PEACE OUT! T

Futant3
05-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Ok quick bitch out and quick review: can't believe you haven't shut this down Paraflux

- beer/t-shirts/anything at a concert = always expensive, get a clue
- band talking on stage with house lights on = very rare/a treat
- super long lateralus with guest musicians = another treat quit bitching
- if you didn't like the show then why were you pumping your fist/bobbing your head and rocking out the whole show?
- NOBODY does true encores anymore, the get off the stage for a drink then come back on and play the rest of the set that other bands do is not an encore, so get over it
- they can't play every song you like, sorry
- do agree that minor variety in setlist could be done, Pushit would have been nice
- Sec 122 Row 20, how is row 20 the first row in a section? wtf? awesome clear view though
- pat down before entering was slowest of tour
- switched out the XL they mistakingly gave me in OKC for a L, I thought it was funny
- sound was a bit on the muddy side tonight
- Danny blows me away every time
- where's the dude next to me that was taking pics all night with a real camera?
- kinda liked that they didn't have the two large screens on the side, drew your attention to the stage more

ok I'm done.

stranger2unknown
05-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I thought the show was amazing. First time to see Tool live and it was everything I expected and more. WE JUST SAW TOOL LIVE FOLKS!! What more could you want? I loved the extrended versions of Schism and Stinkfist ( LOVED THE ENERGY~!~) The whole section behind me was jumpin'! Maynard was phenominal. I loved his hair!!! The crowd seemed to enjoy the first half of the show, but about half way thru I felt the energy start to slack off. Maybe it was because they played mostly from their new album, which totally kicked ass don't get me wrong, but I think it was expected for them to play old Tool... but come on peeps- it's the 10K Days Tour.. but all in all it was great show. I loved the break taken halfway thru the show, the lighters were beautiful and I believe Tool was appreciative, just like the fans!!!! The setlist was a little shaddy, could have played Aenima or Pushit, but it was still great!!! Thank you Tool for putting a rockin' ass show on! Drove 6 hours and stayed in the crapiest hotel, but I'de do it all again!!!

And one more thing; people will always have something to complain about, whether it's waiting too long or not enough beer, just wish people would stop and look at the bigger picture.... stop bitching and moaning... enjoy.... IMO

rachelrabbit23
05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
ME - Tarzan...YOU - Jane!

2. Seems too many “fans” can't evolve with band. “Fans” that claimed to be OGT, from '92, the first EP.… I’d complain too if I didn’t think I’d become one of you.

Jesus Fucking Christ! OK, correct me if I'm wrong here: The scenario depicted in the song "Hooker With a Penis" is that of a smug fan criticizing the band for "selling out". I imagine the fan is referring to Undertow vs. Opiate and is unable to accept that the music has changed or evolved, not to his liking. That's one thing, however, people coming to this message board to rightfully complain about feeling cheated is different. The song "HWAP" is not a get out of jail free card for the band and for Memford's attitude. I think it is quite fair for folks who spent $75 on a ticket, $30 on gas (if traveling from Austin, like us), $10 on parking, having to rearrange their work schedule not once, but twice for the postponed show to complain that they feel short changed. Being a """"fan"""" and the ability to """""evolve""""" or not evolve with the band has nothing to do with this and your patronizing tone is laughable. That said....

Husband, various friends and I went to this show as well. Husband and I were sitting in section 128. Our friends were scattered throughout. I guess the show varied from section to section, whereas husband and I thought the sound was just awful and muddy (we could not decipher the vocals, the guitar, the bass drums, the details on drums and could only make out Justin's twang on the bass), our friends who were sitting in the very last row of the nosebleeds said they could hear everything, especially Danny, crystal clear. It was really loud and I kept alternating wearing my earplugs and not wearing them. My opinion of the show, after seeing the Ft.Worth and the Corpus shows, is that S.A. got ripped off. I didn't appreciate Memford's shitty little backhanded apology for the postponements: "AGAIN, not our fault". Yeah, they were so sorry that they cut out the remaining 2 songs of the night. I've read most of the posts in this thread and I concede the points that yes they are getting older, they are playing several shows a week, Danny's injury, etc., but I just don't think it's an excuse to cheat the people who held on for almost a year to see this show. Spread the tour out a little, don't go back on tour until everyone is healed and ready to go, etc.

Quite frankly, I was bored throughout most of the show, being that I just wasn't feeling any passion coming off the stage during the greatest hits songs: "Stinkfist", "46&2", "Schism", etc. They feel rushed and methodical vs fluid and emotional during the Lateralus tour. But, I was very pleased with all the new songs and I'd prefer to hear the whole new album vs hearing "Sober", etc. Yeah, I know that setlists are difficult when it comes to pleasing everyone and that's fine. But playing the exact same setlist in every single city gets redundant and boring. What happened to the playful TOOL who liked to surprise us? Oh, yeah, I forgot. Memford is releasing his pet project soon and would rather be stomping grapes. *rolls eyes*

Joet(alamo,tx)
05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Finally the waite was over, & my friends & i were able to watch Tool for the first time. We were on the 8th row in the front section. All in all it was a good show. I repeat good, but not great. I was expecting something more from a playlist other than the whole show being about 10,000 days. I am not blaming the band for postponing 2 events, but give us someting more for waiting so fucking long. Give us: SOBER, AENEMA, or PUSH IT; any of the old stuff that made us become fans of such a great band. We thought, we as fans were suppost to take something positve from the TOOL experience, however it looks to be that Maynard, not the band because it seemed that Justin was supprised the show ended the way it did, but instead Maynard gave up on the loyal fans that waited & drove miles to see them. TOOL we love you, but we need the old TOOL back. Chorpus Christi show was better & they did not have to waite on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spent $300 for 10,000 days But no AENEMA... We can only hope that the band does not get all feelings, but take into cosideration of how their loyal fans spent hard earned money & kept their patience to watch one of the most influential bands that has ever existed.

rinia
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
First time to see tool live. After a 9 month wait I wish that they hadn't cut the show a few songs short. Other than that it was a good show. The crowd was good, the light show was the best I've ever seen. The songs they chose to play were most of my favorites. Maynards voice was EXTREMELY hard to hear for me. Maybe it was because I was in the front row right in front of Justin, but I could hardly hear him sing.

Oh, and I caught Dannys drumstick at the end of the show!

DownZero
05-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Overall, a fun show. I must say that the AT&T center doesn't allow a band to sound that great. It did sound a bit muddy. But still a great performance. I was up top on the balcony and overlooked the band. Couldn't really see Adam cause of the speakers. The floor lights were amazing, especially on Jambi. I must admit though, I was expecting maybe something special considering the 2 postponed dates but there is only so much we can ask for - we had Tool! There are many songs I would have liked to hear... but like any band with multiple hits and albums, it'll be a toss up on what songs are played. Lucky for us in SA... a travel to Corpus isn't very far.. and thats what I did. Can't wait to catch tool again on a different tour!

mmontoya36
05-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Tool is far from being done. I am not ready for them to be retired like some bands who go for hrs with all the old hits and no one gets into the new garbage or maybe some of thier weaker tracks. You can't deny 10,000 days is genius once again. If you had to perform the same songs over and over again for years and never grow......your not pushing your talents to the limit. The show they put on keeps you pumped the whole time thats what FUCKIN MATTERS! THEY R THE PINK FLOYD OF OUR TIME.

erkee
05-26-2007, 04:06 AM
Good show... not great... but I blame it on the venue or the sound guy. Visuals were awesome. Easily the 2nd worst show I have ever seen by them (12 times since '98)... but I am still reflecting on moments of the show and replaying them, so it still kicks the shit out of any other show I have seen this year... amazing how they do that.

Rock_Texas_09
05-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Hands Down the best concert I have ever been to. My first Tool concert and I thought it was absolutely amazing. During Wings for Marie/10,000 Days I was mesmerized by the lasers. I sang my heart out and stud the whole time. Just a little disappointed that Vicarious or Third Eye was not played and some songs you couldn't even hear Maynard but I will get over it. Awesome show!

tampke04
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Tool is by far the greatest. What a great show. Maynard seemed very relaxed throughout the show, along with Danny's bicep. I'd say if anything Danny should tear a bicep or two more often. But he is flawless either way. Did anyone else get a different seat than they're original ticket. I was supposed to sit in Sect. 111 but instead got a seat 1st row in sect 8. I was quite happy about that situation. It was cool to be closer to the guys, especially Adam, and get such clear sound and deep bass. How about Adam's Pippy Longstocking pigtails. Muh ha ha. Tool rocks

kadmon66
06-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Fucking Awesome Show
I just Hope, by the gods, they come back. It went by too fast.