Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro?/Right In Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=82257).

toolgirly
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and Two
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro?/Right In Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

Kick Ass Show

Ganjalf
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Fuck yes, amazing show defiantly do it again

SHbassGTR
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
set list correct. 6th time seeing them, what an amazing show, i was really hoping for pushit but right in two was incredible live. the overall production was a lot better than the last time they were here in september. way cooler video screen set up and the lasers were done a lot better. maynard sounded really good tonight, and of course danny tore it up. i really enjoyed the extended part in lateralus. going to see them again on monday in san antonio. lets hope they bust out pushit again!

tooltones4
05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
twas amazing the crowd was a little weak till the end but they put on a bad ass show. impretty sure i had the best seats in the house 2nd row dead center was awesome actually being able to see their faces. danny was scaring me tonight it look liked the song before they sat down for the break he was nearly crying. i wasnt sure he was gonna be able to finish the show but he pulled it out.

goosenesque
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
First, let me start by saying...

I GOT A SETLIST!!!! And actually I got my hands on Danny's drumhead, but some dude with a mohawk snatched it from me. I also may have broken by leg climbing over a chair at the end to get a setlist, but it's all good.

As for the show...this was my 3rd show in the last 12 months (SMU, AAC, Ft. Worth), and it was probably the best one. Like someone above me said, the production was MUCH better this time, and though the guys, especially Maynard and Adam, were more active at the AAC show, this show was longer and more cohesive. I timed the show...started at 9:01 and ended at 11:02 exactly.

I was sitting dead center 14th row of floor, and the sound was good, but I felt like Adam was a little too loud. I guess that's what happens when you're close. Justin's sound was a little inconsistent...sometimes he would come through so clear, but other times it was a little hard to hear him murder his bass. Overall though, an amazing show, the best of 3 Tool shows I've seen, and I look forward to seeing them one more time in Oklahoma on Saturday. Cheers!

Oh, and Lateralus was already arguably one of the best rock songs of the last 15 years, but somehow they've managed to make it even better. This performance of it literally put me in a trance for the first time in my life.

canOpoop
05-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Monkey killing Monkey killing Monkey for pieces on the ground...

Right in Two fuckin' ROCKED! First time seeing TOOL live and they didn't disappoint! Even though wife complained Maynard didn't come out to the front. I love TOOL's syle! Keep in unique, Keep it Different, Keep it TOOL!!!

Thank you for a great night TOOL!

skillet
05-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Set list is correct. Good show, but not great. This is my 9th or 10th time seeing TOOL (going back to Undertow days) and 3rd for this tour (saw them at SMU in Dallas for warm-up and then last September at the AAC). Maynard's vocals were off a bit and hard to make out, at least from where I was in Section 211 (middle, left of stage, 2nd deck, near rail).

The #2 all-time greatest concert I've ever been to was TOOL at the Ft. Worth Convention Center for the Lateralus tour and this time around at the FWCC it just didn't compare -- the visuals and audio were nowhere near as good. Again, it -was- a good show, but after having seen them so many times and experienced some amazing concerts by TOOL, you start to get a bit picky.

I gotta say the set list for this tour is getting a bit old. As others have said, I don't like that they open with Jambi -- I love that song, but it isn't an opener. I've been hearing Schism, Aenima, 46&2 and Lateralus ever since their respective albums were released, these are played at every single concert since, bar none. I understand they are radio-friendly but TOOL has such a huge catalog to pull from, I don't see why they don't mix it up more on their tours -- I like all of those songs, but d@mn.... As someone said above, San Antonio will probably (and should) get something special. I had tickets to that show, but swapped them for the OKC show on Saturday. I'm hoping the setlist will have changed for that one; I doubt it, but we'll see.

I'm glad they did Right In Two, they hadn't done that one the other two times I'd seen them on this tour, it was very good. Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was amazing. Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was great too (Maynard was 'speed talking' there at the start, even moreso than on the album, was kind've funny).

As always, if you've never seen TOOL in concert, it is something you need to experience -- it really does blow away most other concert experiences on various levels. Despite my "it was okay, not great" review for this show, I can guarantee you it was still better than most shows you'd see put on by anyone else. TOOL just sets the bar very high, even for themselves.

Bishop Supreme
05-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Let me start by saying that I've bene listening to TOOL since 1999 when I was a JR in HS. Tonight was my very first time seeing them live and it was the best show I have seen, period. I mean, I know the albums like the back of my hand, but I never could have imagined that the entire live experience could be so beautiful. Man, what an amazing display of muscianship and overall production. God bless.

Elton John
05-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I had seats on the floor row 106 seat m i think. Like 10-15 rows back from the stage in the center. I was so sick, coughing uncontrollably and vomitting every few minutes but i didnt let that ruin my experience. I get in a few dances and fist pumps and maynard stomps in between all the heaving and violent coughs*Cheer*. My 6th TooL show and it was amazing once again. But like many have said...they need to change up the set list, it was kinda annoying knowing which songs were next and having no element of surprise. Right in Two was amazing, my first time to hear that live...and the Lateralus extended version was just unreal, Danny Carey isnt human. Adam Jones was very crisp tonight and nailed every solo. Justin was of course amazing like always and didnt miss a note. And Danny Carey was at his best. I was really impressed with danny tonight, not that i havent been in the past, but he really shined tonight.

<Maynard> he sang decent and actually nailed a great scream during stinkfist to que the breakdown. He didnt sing the ending of vicarious but instead held the mic/mic stand out to the crowd for them to sing it. He hardly said anything the entire concert except for something like "I know you are all drunk, but dont fuck a relative on the way home" in traditional maynard style.

Overall i would say it was a good show, not the best i have seen but good none the less. They really need to change their set lists up if they want me to buy another ticket for their show though, i wont go see another 1 of their shows if i have to hear the same songs i have the past 3 times in a year.

Tetanus Shot
05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
My third Tool show, and I thought Maynard spoke quite a bit, including something like "Good job Texas." The band definitely felt our energy, and stayed onstage for cheering for a couple of minutes after Aenima. TOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

#Notion
05-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Out of the 3 10,000 Days D/FW shows, yes the sound quality and production of this show topped the others. Everyone was really into it, even Maynard was giving it the ole' studio try. The crowd was intelligent, and the vibe was very good. Side note, Justin is still waiving that lighter. Lights, visuals, and sound all came together for the amazing experience Tool had planned.

Whoever said Jambi isn't an opener, I hope they open every concert you go to with it until it hits you. It sounded like they actually had the volume for the guitars up higher just for that song, they came in with a bang.

Great show

Edit: Ok, I say intelligent, but the crowd did think like 3 songs ended early. That's pretty sad.

solidabyss
05-16-2007, 11:43 PM
whoa, hahaha they blew the dust off of my third eye

teknofear
05-17-2007, 05:05 AM
Sec 212 (9 o'clock of the stage, on the bottom rail, am the dude playing air drums).

I'm speechless. Production wise, this show was the best that I've ever seen them play. The visuals were better here at FTW, than at the AAC, the sound quality of this show blew the AAC show out of the water. The sound actually came thru properly, a really superb mix.

Right In Two was probably the highlight of the show, Danny's playing really came thru in that one. Wings/10K Days was truly amazing, Lateralus was good as well. Danny never ceases to amaze me, I love how he tricks up the interlude in 46&2, the gong in Lateralus is cool, really shows his versatility (literally). Justin sounded really good, the bass sounded rich and full-bodied, Adam seemed a little subdued for whatever reason, but sounded great none-the-less. MJK sounded good, the vocal volume was a little low in the mix at times, but he did sound really good otherwise.

Before heading to the show, I looked at several of the previous shows' setlists - not much of a difference between shows?!?!?!?

Not complaining, but why do they not go to the catalogue once in a while? Trick it up, do something different some time. I understand the programmed lights and sequencing, and all that, but I would imagine playing the same songs in the same sequence night after night after night would get old. I think I can speak for many when I say I wanna see them do Push It, Third Eye, Flood, Hush, etc, as well as some of the more recent ones.

Overall, this show was amazing, it held it's own, the crowd was flat at times, but who gives a fuck? This was only my 3d time to see them, probably the best I've ever heard them sound. I've always thought FTW Convention Center had good acoustics, sound travels well in that room, and really not a bad seat in the house.

Hopefully you folks in San Antonio get a make-good, and get a little treat of an oldie...

Thirdeye11
05-17-2007, 05:21 AM
My 9th show overall, and probably the 2nd best I have ever seen.

The cons of seeing Tool live these days is that you know what the setlist is before you even walk in the door. It's extremely disappointing never to be surprised as to what is coming next. I knew when "Lateralus, Vicarious, Aenema" was coming and frankly, I'm tired of this setlist. You can play Lateralus every show because it's one of the best concert gigs ever, but drop the others occasionally. Vicarious was good, but Maynard didn't sing the best 10 seconds of it and opted to hold out the mic stand to the crowd after yelling "Sing it Texas!"

Some notable Maynardisms:

"Thank you very much, Texas."

"I know you're all drunk, but try not to fuck a relative on the way out."

"Please be careful on your way home tonight. Look out for each other, we want to see you all again in one piece."

Compared to recent shows, apparently that's talkative for MJK these days. I was happy with Maynard's level of enthusiasm. It doesn't even come close to the pre-Lateralus days, but it was still acceptable.

Despite what others say, I felt like this was one of Danny's lesser performances. Not to take anything away from him, he's one of the best ever. Tonight he was still better than almost any other drummer I've watched, but he wasn't the Danny Carey I saw last year or even in previous years. His arm is certainly detracting from his speed, recovery time, and power.

The sound of the show was probably the best Tool show I have heard. You could always hear every part (drums, bass, guitar and Maynard). I was 20 feet in front of the mixing console and loved every minute of the performance.

I have been to 5 Tool shows over the last 6 years, but this is the first show I've written a review about since 1998. Last night Tool reminded me why they are my favorite band.

Bravo Tool!

Chad

kcleveland
05-17-2007, 05:36 AM
My 4th Tool show and 3rd of 2006-07. A real family outing for me as my wife and I with our two boys aged 17 and 10 complete with all of us in Tool T-shirts! We had a blast and I must admit it is kinda neat the whole family singing every word, headbanging, and our youngest playing air drums and air guitar and fist pumping all night with the exception of his quick power nap during Right In Two and 10K....Now back to the show....It was of course AWESOME! Visuals, production, sound all perfect. First time for me to get Right In Two - the other two shows this year were the The Pot. Last nights 10k Days, Wings, were beautiful! Maynard's voice was superb the whole show - Danny, Adam, Justin are just great, great musicians.

Now time to get the family car gassed up and head for Oklahoma City....which I hope is not the last time I ever see them!! I think the setlist is perfect but one request for my wife who wants to hear SOBER live desperately! Hello Caller....what is your request?

THANK YOU TOOL!!!!! Puuuuuhhhhhlllllleeeeeeezzzzzzzzz put out a concert DVD.

BTW, Maynard's wines from Merkin are excellent....raise the glass, a toast to TOOL.

davisgeorge
05-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Good...not Great.
Maynard quit singing at least 3 times, in key areas, leading me to believe that his voice was a little weak last night...nothing off Opiate...Nothing off Undertow...great time nonetheless. It did seem like the band was just trying to get through the set. See the boys again Monday in San Antonio....hope the setlist is better and the band has more heart.

OH yeah.... MJK, "I know you're all drunk, but try not to fuck any relatives on the way out" Man he loves Texas :)

1toolfan
05-17-2007, 06:09 AM
4th 10,000 day tour show (SMU, AAC, Las Vegas, FW Convention Center). By-Far the best production. I sat sec 316 Row "A"

The Good:
1) Sound was amazing
2) Visuals were stunning
3) overall production-the best of the tour thus far
4) the show was "fluid", meaning transition from song-to-song was cohesive.
5) We got lots of "Tool sounds" ie, (-) ions was played, as well as other "intermission Tool sounds" between songs.
6) The crowd was LOUD and really into-it.
7) great laser-light show
8) extended Lateralus
9) Some new visuals-video
10) Right In Two live
11) the MJK scream during Stinkfist
12) Danny-'nuff said!
13) Adams guitar was LOUD!

The not-so-good:
1) Maynards vocals/energy. MJK's timing was "off" at times. He was "late/behind" during some songs & for the 1st half of the show he just didn't have much passion/authority with the lyrics. Seemed to be simply going through the motions and doing as little as possible with his singing voice.
2) Some "jerk-offs" trying to mosh
3) The new voice box MJK uses during the beginning (fast speed) of RS. Too mechanical and synthesized. The voice box he used during the beginning of the tour was much more realistic and lyrics were audible.

Overall production of last nights show was the best of the four 10,000 Days tour I have seen. Looking forward to the OKC show in a couple days

Bdywax
05-17-2007, 07:04 AM
First let me say that I am a fanatic TOOL fan. They are the only band that I can say that I love every one of their songs. I'm sure that touring can wear on you, but it seems that on this tour Maynard isn't as pumped as he was on Aenima and Lateralus. As someone said above, it seems like he was just going through the motions for the most part. I remember the past tours when he was full of passion and fully energetic through the whole show via his famous lunge pose and wildly awkward stances. Not sure if he's just settled down a bit or what. The show was still awesome and they sounded great, but just not as entertaining as they were in the past. It was great to hear Aenima live and would have loved to have heard pushit, but all is good.

JWIZ
05-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Only difference between their last 3 shows in dallas this year was the seating capacity at the venues. For being so cutting edge they sure have not been original in their trips here...Surely San Antonio will get a treat...Seen them 10 times or so, they are always "good" last night was "good"....Can we not get some Sober or some Prison Sex for a 55 dollar ticket and a 38 dollar tshirt? I mean 55 x 3 shows x 2 for my chic equals some serious cash...er i mean support...good show anyway just the same one i have seen 2 times this year already.... 7 on a 1-10 scale...

Andyrt
05-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Right in fucking two! It was an amazing show to say the least, and for the poeple on here pointing out there little flaw's, go fuck your mothers! Nobody's perfect. Thank you soooo much Tool for making me feel better.

Sp00k
05-17-2007, 08:50 AM
The show was a damn good show overall. The band kicked much ass, but Nard was a little lacking. It just seems like he's going thru the motions. With the # of shows they are playing, I kind of expected that. I think he had a better performance when he was sick at the AAC back in September.

billzster
05-17-2007, 10:07 AM
"Edit: Ok, I say intelligent, but the crowd did think like 3 songs ended early. That's pretty sad."

those were my friends, sorry !

awesome show, 2 f'in hours. they let everyone smoke and the crowd was well behaved from what i saw. i missed the warmup band -any good?

melcro
05-17-2007, 10:44 AM
This was my 11th show. I have to say it was much better than the last Dallas show. Mynard was still sick and there just wasn't all that much energy. Ft. Worth's show was simply amazing. The video, lazers and lights were great. No complaints here. I would like to know what it takes for an audience to get to hear Pushit instead of the same songs played over the last dozen shows. Overall it was fantastic. My 12th show will be in OKC. Hopefully I'll get to hear one or two different songs.

Grmey
05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
twas amazing the crowd was a little weak till the end but they put on a bad ass show. impretty sure i had the best seats in the house 2nd row dead center was awesome actually being able to see their faces. danny was scaring me tonight it look liked the song before they sat down for the break he was nearly crying. i wasnt sure he was gonna be able to finish the show but he pulled it out.

Good show. Sitting 10 rows back, directly right from the stage - Danny had broken one of his drums during that specific song, Right in Two - hence the white coats feavourishly putting together another drum for him and the break occuring before they played Wings/10,000 Days. Didn't anyone notice the large plumes of smoke appearing before they had their "forced" rest.

Maynard's vocals - don't know what's happening? AAC vocals much better - couldn't hear him a fair bit last night.

rachelrabbit23
05-17-2007, 12:00 PM
This was my 14th show and it was easily in the top 5. We were in section 106, row T (20th row). It sounds far back, but it was a great view and felt really close. My friend went to get beer 10 minutes to 9:00 and ended up missing 2 1/2 songs, so I started the show alone. :( But it's ok, because Jambi was fucking fantastic. It WAS loud and I forgot my earplugs I was so excited. The sound was wonderful. I guess the show varied for folks in the upper sections since my friend and I thought it was one of the best shows we've ever seen and by far the best show of the 10,000 Days Tour. The crowd was great, everyone was happy and there was a great vibe.

My only complaints: Memford is sooooo over it and makes no effort to conceal it. His behavior is tacky as is his insistence to promote his little side project "Pussyfart" while on stage with TOOL. I fear this might be the last album and tour with Memford part of the band. Also, his vocals for the R.S. intro was way too fast and it seemed awkward that he was finished and waiting for the music to catch up.

All I have to say is that the poor San Antonio crowd better get the performance of a life time since our show was postponed twice. Our seats are terrible, not the worst, but close.

I'll also be in Corpus. If facing the stage, I'm in the left floor section, row 7. Woo-hoo! See you there. :)

edit to add: I did think that Wings and 10,000 fell a little flat. I think they need more practice to bring it up to speed.

Thirdeye11
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I do think that Maynard seems less than enthusiastic about certain songs. My personal opinion is that if the mixed up the setlists nightly, he'd be more into it. Schism is the most boring Tool song ever written, and I'm really not sure why they still play it live. It moves SO SLOWLY live. The only cool part is the double time which lasts what, 10 seconds?

From where I was sitting I thought Maynard was a LOT better than the AAC show last year. I was 20 feet in front of the soundboard, and the scream in the middle of Stinkfist alone was better than anything he did during last year's AAC show where he was clearly sick. I have an "A" quality recording of last year's AAC show and I still stand by my conviction on this one.

Eulogy33
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
My 2nd TOOL show ever, and it was fuckin amazing. Deffinitely better venue than last time (AAC). I was in sec 109 towards the back of the floor but it was still a pretty good view. The playlist was predictable and took the excitement out but, still an amazing show. The only dissapointment was the bitchy security and the fact that maynard didnt feel like talking.

Rosetta-kickass,MJK cracked me up w/his babbling at the beginning
Jambi-awesome as usual
Lateralus-extended and still great
Aenima-best song ever??
Right in two-kickass, too bad they didnt play intension

..all the songs were great, and the visuals were amazing.

(((((SPIRAL OUT!!!))))))

goosenesque
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Actually, Adam did play about 30 seconds from Intension.

ratm1221
05-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Hardcore Tool fan since '94. I've seen Tool too many times to count. Amazing show but I will admit I'm getting tired of hearing them play the same songs throughout this tour. I was really hoping for pushit. I'm seeing them in San Antonio Monday. I hope they throw at least one "different" song in there. Right in Two was a nice change but not enough. Wings is awesome live but I would have been willing to sacrafice it for a few oldies. Don't think anything will ever beat the Lateralus tours. Rock on!

rpg
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Lucky number 13, will also be in okc, san antonio and corpus, making 16 tool shows . I've seen them in tiny theatres and huge arenas and everything in between. I've been fortunate enough to see them play songs they almost never play, i've seen no quarter, i've seen jerk off, seen jimmy, seen crawl away, seen the opiate flood combo, seen cold and ugly, seen them open with third eye, seen them bring out layne staley to sing, see tricky sing , seen buzz from the melvins come out and play guitar, even got setlist off the stage at show (brady theatre in tulsa). Maybe i'm just old and so things are different for me, but I think some fans are completely overlooking some things, the entire night is an experience , a few missed notes (yes i notice them too) , timing alittle bit off, too many lazers or not enough , this song or that one, not everyone is going to be happy , but..... if the overall experience is good, then shut the fuck up and quit crying. Part of the reason there hasnt been a live dvd or even many live photos is because of that very reason, its an experience and it cant be replicated on your tv, yes it would be cool to watch at home but its not the same. The setlist may not work for you , you may be sick of hearing the same songs everytime you see them, but from a production standpoint its almost a neccessity, part of the reason the show is so good is because of how tight the band is and that will change if you are changing the lighting and lazers and video every night, they wouldnt be as tight and you would bitch, you would say they lost "it" and that they arent as passionate, well take time to enjoy what they do for you because it wont be around forever, you may never have another chance to see them live or to get a new album. Music like tool's doesn't happen very often, and live shows as intense almost never happen so be thankful that you saw schism for the fifth time or whatever song you are upset about, because soon you will be stuck with seeing AFI or Fall Out Boy (are they different) and waiting and waiting and waiting for another band to come along after tool that IS different that you can be passionate about. It may happen, I hope it does. So I am happy with the set list, and you should be too.

sorry about the rant.

Deftones tuesday... good show , good venue, sound guy had a hard time , after the show two guys selling bootleg merch, please dont buy fake shit like that, it is why a legit shirt is 30+ bucks.

weds, more bootleg merch at the tool show

A few intersting things i noticed, justin using his beer bottle to play his bass during an intro..
maynard had band around his left bicep, looked similar to the type of armband you would wear at the gym with your ipod in it...

stop watching the show through your god damn cell phone video camera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you at the next show

sorry for being old and cranky

79 Silverburst
05-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Overall show was good. My seats offered a little more bass than guitar which seemed to drown out Adam's play at times. I am surprised no one mentioned that droning, headache inducing opening band Kinski. I have never heard a worse band as a opener for such a powerful group. Tool kicks ass, Adam is the shit. Hope to see them again soon

Toolfan86
05-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Fucking Maynard was amazing!!!!! The band really pulls you into there music. This was my first tool concert and it was a great experince i sat Section 208 Row B Seat 11 it was perfect for me
Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty six & Two
Schism
Lostkeys/Roseta Stoned
Right In Two
Wngs for Marie
10,000 days
Laterlus
Vicarious
Aenima

Hopefully Tool comes back to DFW cause ill be there!

felix45
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
first off I'd like to say I completley agree with the old brothers. The only radio station I can even listen to down in dallas is the edge on occasion, jack fm on occasion, and the bone on occasion, but they are all plauged by so many crappy bands that cant even compare to tool. dont whine about the concert...what seeing as it is better than anything you will be getting from anyone else now a days (well not to hate on tool or anything but RATM does put on quite a show as well and if they do come back to do a tour there is another show worth seeing...but well you get my point)

To put you into prespective I pretty much had nosebleed seats, on the right side in like row Y. I could still see the visuals and the cowboy stuff maynard was doing though just fine. Not as though having the worst seat possible would have been bad in such a small arena but you get the idea.

To start I guess I'll address kinski. They were pretty good for experimental IMO. This was my first tool concert and I guess everyone does hold openers to tool standard and just brush the openers aside as nothing? I thought they were pretty good, nothing I'd go out and buy a CD of but they had some pretty good complex beats and they definatley had skill. I'm kinda sad hearing someone just straight up saying they were terrible, sure there is better but for an opening act they weren't bad at all. Allthough the guy in the white shirt bent over his guitar was kind of annoying, but I guess that is how he plays, so no biggie.

Now onto tool. I dont know about the rest of you but I absolutley love jambi, I thought it was a great opener for the concert, what seeing as this is a 10,000 days tour. It is probably the best song to open with off of 10k days I'd say. My voice went hoarce about 5 minutes after cheering and singing into this, my throat is still sore from last night. Thats why I ended up not cheering more or singing along....gah I really needed water. annyways.

The first part of the concert was pretty good no jokes, I liked it. It did seem as though maynard was a bit uninspired though during this part, maybe that is why I felt this way? After rosetta stoned the vibe picked up and stayed at a very good natural high the rest of the way through, right in 2 was absolutley amazing. At some points I swore I could have reached out and touched the lasers and ate them, it was really amazing. second hand smoke combined with the smoke machines made for awesome visuals. Pretty much the last hour sticks out as being the best of the whole concert....if you can consider an entire hour to stick out from the rest...heh. I loved how they slowed everything down in comparison to the album so you could really pick out the notes everyone was playing. Lateralus was just too good, and Vicarious I generally skip over when playing 10k days because I get kinda tired of it but live it was 10x better.

Aenima is my favorite song so I was glad to hear before going that tool pretty much always ends on it. Even though I had no voice I was singing as loud as I could, voice craking like crazy.

I dont think any tool concert will top my first, much like ex your first time. I'm addicted though, I really want to see them next time they come to fort worth. The only things that got me down was I couldn't hear maynard too well but that could very well be thanks to me singing along very loudly to everything with my voice being incredibly hoarse. I was hoping very badly for 3rd eye but hey cant always get what you want, and it isn't as though not hearing it took anything away from an awesome show for me, once tool started I completley forgot I wanted to hear 3rd eye.

haha dang that was a long post. hope I didn't bore anyone :)

genetictx
05-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Second Tool show for me, saw them at SMU last year. My friend, my little brother and I were way back in section 310 row V, but we had great views of the videos/lasers and the sound was excellent (except Maynard was drowned out in a few times in some of the songs). The set was similar to the SMU show but Right In Two and Wings/10000 Days were excellent changes, I didn't think 10000 Days would be quite as powerful live as it was, which was an awesome surprise. Lateralus was the highlight of the night for me, I was screaming the lyrics as loud as I could, and air guitaring with Justin because he is my bass playing hero. The only problem I had with the show was the amount of people moving around in the aisle, it really distracted my friend who was right on the end of our row. But besides that the show was excellent, I just completely lost my after-concert buzz when I had to wait in the damn valet parking line for about an hour, then drive all the way back to Dallas...

bluenote
05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
And I don't even know where to begin...

I'll respectfully disagree with some of my fellow writers and say I found the band to seem sincerely into the performance. The sound from 313A was, by and large, clean. The cell phones and the shitheads behind me yelling "play some schism!!!" all night long, were a bit much. In the end I found the show inspiring. Couldn't ask for much more. Peace the fuck out.

licks and teeches
05-17-2007, 06:27 PM
this was my 5th time seeing them,3rd time in 11 days and this performance I thought was tied for the best!Maynard was very animated and seemed to be having fun,quite jovial!
the drum breakdown in latealus was fuckin amazing,they didn't have the big laser production like in albuquerque but it's still the best show to see!great,great show

tooltones4
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
all and all i think this is the 2nd best ive seen em the first at smu dunno if anything can top that

Ion
05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Well since pretty much everything has been said I guess I'll just post some of my opinions......it really was one of the best TOOL shows I've ever been to as everyone was on, the special effects were great, and the crowd was into it. A few cons: 38 bucks for a shirt was expensive and parking for this event sucked. A different setlist would've been nice as well but hopefully they'll change it up when I see them next week in San Antonio and Corpus Christi =D

confirmed user
05-17-2007, 09:36 PM
This was my first live show, though I've been a huge fan of thier music for years. I was already expecting to see a great show, but oh my god!!! They far exceded my expectations. It was literally THE best live show I had ever seen. I was blown away with the quality of the sound, the enthusiasm of the band, and the energy of the crowd. This being my first show, I thought the setlist was nothing short of excellent. I also couldn't belive that me and my friends were able to smoke pot less than ten feet away from a cop through out the whole concert. Overall: one of the best times of my life.

Oh, and the laser show and screen set up in the back : unbeliveable

Zaxang
05-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Sec 108, row c [third row, little to the left]

GREAT....GREAT SHOW. Second time I've seen 'em live [saw 'em last year at SMU]. It was a great show, had TONS of fun, got a cool shirt. The laser show was incredible and the music was fantastic. Maynard was acting goofy during jambi, riding an invisible horse and shooting guns with his hands. Funny stuff. Great, great, great show, cannot stress that enough. Brilliant. Definitely the #1 show I've ever seen in my life. Lateralus was FANTASTIC, halfway through the song Danny went on a crazy drum solo that rocked the foundations of the concert hall. The crowd was great, very into it.

BRILLIANT

BlueStarEpiphany
05-18-2007, 01:08 AM
2nd show ive been too- the other was the one last year in dallas and id have to say this was the better of the two! i got floor seats about 20 rows back and other than the tall people in front of me the view was great!
the light show was so badass from the floor seats i ended up staring at it almost the whole time during 10000 days and wings for marie and forgot to unlock my knees- i ended up blacking out and having to sit out lateralus and vicarious :(
the end was perfect- i dunno if it was the excitement from being able to stand up again or what but aenima blew me away!

motomike
05-18-2007, 06:56 AM
I always find it funny to go to a TOOL show.... so many fans and so uninformed.........Who bought a 43 dollar tee shirt? Hooker with a Penis?

show 14 for me...and it ranks in the top 5.......but you cannot beat a TOOL show.

Brianabd
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
AMAZING SHOW! I loved how they added so much to so many songs. Schism with the sped up interlude, Lateralus with the drum solo (which I can't believe people actually said danny lost speed and power I guess they didn't hear what he played during that part or something...) Lots of intro's to songs like a part of intension before right in two. I think they even played a bit of useful idiot before they destroyed 46&2. Just such an amazing show can't wait to see them again next week in Corpus.

But I do have to add that I am sick of hearing people bitch about them playing new songs and not old ones. Can you even comprehend your own idiocy? You are BORED of hearing NEW songs and WOULDN'T be bored if you heard OLD songs??? And people suggesting that MJK would have more energy if they played old songs? HA HA... You really think he would be energetic if they busted out a song they have played countless times more than the songs they are playing now? Hell no this is their NEW tour for their NEW album so they play their NEW songs. Get over it. I love the new album and I can't wait to see them play them again. Not the same shit I saw them play 13 years ago...

tyler47
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
good show. lack of energy from the crowd in my section, 311... people seemed to not know any words or anything just sat in their seats until the last 2 songs... pretty lame. in my opinion it was much better than AAC and the overall production was amazing. the lasers were right above me and they were sick!!! I've never seen a laser show thats so powerful. highlight of my night wasnt even the concert... these 2 dickheads behind me started hitting on posssibly the two nastiest girls i have EVER seen.... by lateralus they were in full fledge makeout mode, and by the time aenema was over and the lights were on, they realized how fucking dumb they were... their faces were priceless. one of them had red hair with no front teeth and the others nose looked something like an ant eater. sucks they show up to a show and dont even enjoy the music RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. oh well, that was my only complaint... sick show though.

felix45
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
@tyler - ouch that is no good. Everyone in my section stood up when the lights went out at 9 before tool went on and only took a break during the intro to 10,000 days. Allthough no one really sang including my friends until the last 3 songs, maybe they felt embarassed or something. haha that is pretty funny though about those girls and guys. I dont even do that during movies unless it is a chic flick heh.

I think the 2 funniest things of the show to me were the second the lights went out this guy in the row in front of me pulled out probably the worst joint ever rolled. maybe it was because he jammed it in his pocket or something but it was so jagged it was funny. After the show we were joking about how he rolled it and concluded he must have used the back of his fingers to roll it, hehe. That and my friends and I were talking about how hardcore it would be if they played ions as a joke and then when it came on I couldn't help but laugh :P

simplyovercomplicated
05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
I am going to the show in San Antonio on Monday... so I thought I would do a little investigative work and see how the other recent, more particularly Texas, shows went. I am thrilled to read the reviews. I am also enjoying the set list, though, I find myself wishing that the band could play for five or so hours to get in so many more of their awesome songs from Undertow & Opiate. But, nonetheless... I was already on Cloud 9 about seeing (insert dreamy sigh) Tool. But, now I am just simply cannot wait!!! :)

cant_be_faded
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Hardcore Tool fan since '94. I've seen Tool too many times to count. Amazing show but I will admit I'm getting tired of hearing them play the same songs throughout this tour. I was really hoping for pushit. I'm seeing them in San Antonio Monday. I hope they throw at least one "different" song in there. Right in Two was a nice change but not enough. Wings is awesome live but I would have been willing to sacrafice it for a few oldies. Don't think anything will ever beat the Lateralus tours. Rock on!

My god, I had a dream they were going to play Push It for some reason and was just convinced they would bust it out....then when they started Right In Two it sounded like the alternate live version of Push It at first....my chode nearly exploded, then I realized it was RiT. Still a great performance. But I expected a little different setlist as well.

prater
05-18-2007, 09:22 PM
My only real complaint was the volume of the show, I could hear it plenty well, but the sound (probably due to the shape of the venue) was equalized weird. Vocals were just high enough to be heard but not fully understood at all parts and the highs/mids were all over the place. However despite all that my biggest complaint was that I could not feel the music, in the floor running through my body. It just wasn't loud enough. Great show on Tool's part, the setlist while consistent and yes I was hoping for pushit but it was still badass, the lights were the most amazing I've seen yet. However I would rate the AAC show last september slightly higher mostly due to the crowd respsonse... at teh time maynard had been sick and it was his first show back, I think that combined with everyones anticipation as to whether the show would occur at all made the tension thick, therefore increasing the energy, and the sound was out of this world. But you can't expect every show to top the last one especially if your working on your sixth or seventh show. Great show by far, wooped the ass of the woodlands last fall. On my way to Oklahoma as we speak. More to come...

Futant3
05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Seeing or have seen all the TX dates and Oklahoma later tonight.

Love Jambi as a song not so thrilled about it as an opener. Rosetta Stoned at SMU was the perfect opener, Lost Keys gives people more warning that the show is starting and then it explodes. 313 Row C Maynard was a little muddy at times but he seemed to sing well, liked his AAC performance better cuz we got more personality and effort. Adam seemed a little loud from my spot, Justin awesome as usual, Danny gets the award for best performance. 3 clear drum solos, almost like he felt he had something to prove. 10,000 days was much cleaner tonight than at the AAC. Dying to get Pushit at San Antonio because we deserve it!

Visuals tonight were probably the best I've seen second only to FWCC on the Lateralus tour. They also seemed to be playing around with the music a lot more than they usually do. Overall a solid performance from one of the best live bands around. Gotta take the experience as a whole and love it, it really is a sensory overload. Also take a newbie with you they are fun to watch! Props to rpg, well said.

toolhead777
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Well this was my first show of 2007 15th over all and of course it was good but I was dissapointed with the similar set list. I was excited to see this show and did not look at any set list. The main reason I was excited was that I took my friend to the show that lives in Dallas. He has never seen them before live so for him it was amazing. I loved that new part they threw on lateralus. The crowd was great we sat on the floor sec108 row w seat 13. I was impressed with the seats and surprised that there was seats bolted to the floor. Thks for the smoke to the nice people I met at the show. Right in 2 was a surprise but already heard that live at the warm up 2006 tour in Chicago. I love Dallas but not impressed with Fort Worth. We went to a couple of bars after the show and was called a "yankee" by some short haired b$#@^. I didn't know we were still fighting the war? I have tickets for 3 more shows this year and am praying that every show is not the same. I saw a bunch of shows in 2001 and 2002 every show was different and I dont understand why tool is doing this same set list thing? I still love going to a tool concert but maybe I have seen it all.....until the next show...

BGA
05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Fuck everyone that crowded the aisles. I was 3rd row last seat in sec 107. The security guard was a pussy and could not do anything about people trying to jump over the 2nd row seats. One guy stood right in front of me and was a real dick when I told him this was my seat and asked him to move over. I don't mind people trying to see the show better, but don't fuck with people that have tickets for the section you are tying to sneak into.
The show was great though. Lateralus was the highlight for me. I was very fortunate to see the show form the the badass seats I had. Last time I saw them they sold me tickets to seats the didn't exist, so Tool's tour manager gave us pit tickets at SMU.

Eulogy33
06-15-2007, 09:59 AM
lol..sorry man, i was crowding the aisles (but only for a few min)..i'm only 4'11, i couldnt see anything!

ANWAYS.....just wanted to add that i am SO fuckin happy that they played AENIMA cuz we were the LAST show for them to play that on the North American tour. :)