PDA

View Full Version : another thread on that black square

hushypushy
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Since all the other threads on this are very old, I figured I'd make my own thread.

My friend got me the Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun LP and I keep it on my desk because I love the artwork. But I was looking at it the other day and I noticed there is a tiny black square on it, which is highly reminiscent of the little black square on Salival.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/hushypushy/crap/blotter.jpg

I have a feeling that they are linked, maybe not directly, but perhaps they had the same idea.

Or maybe they are completely unrelated and this is just a stroke of random luck.

ProfoundHaytred
05-01-2007, 09:21 AM
I have noticed that before and thought, what is the deal with the little square.

hushypushy
05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
There are a lot of threads on here about it being an acid blotter...but strange that it'd be black.

And it weirds me out that this black square appears randomly on this Kyuss LP (and not the CD), maybe it's a secret code among rock bands for LSD.

erazorhead
05-04-2007, 05:59 PM
ok, i was thinking that thats strange that i had never noticed the black square on 'Blues...', but i've only got the cd (ive actually spent a lot of time looking at that photo). on that topic... does your kyuss vinyl seem of good quality on packaging and actual disc? ive heard bad things about the re-released kyuss vinyl.

ps. im still saving my salival tab till i'm stinging real bad one night...

'zor

TurdEye13
05-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I bought mine used :(

erazorhead
06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
and sodden?

hushypushy
06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
ok, i was thinking that thats strange that i had never noticed the black square on 'Blues...', but i've only got the cd (ive actually spent a lot of time looking at that photo). on that topic... does your kyuss vinyl seem of good quality on packaging and actual disc? ive heard bad things about the re-released kyuss vinyl.

ps. im still saving my salival tab till i'm stinging real bad one night...

'zor

I'm not even sure of which printing this is, my friend gave it to me and he got it used. It's red vinyl and released by Dali...it's good quality but the back cover is kind of a funky color. It looks really pale and faded compared to the CD.

The black square isn't on my CD artwork either, by the way, just on the LP.

chaotic_confusion
06-26-2007, 03:29 AM
be it the members of tool are friends with former members of kyuss (scott reeder, in particular, he's played live bass with them for a song or two), i'm sure that there's an apparent concept. other than that it's difficult to say.

MORNING_GLORY
07-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I remember awhile back, it was either for the release of Salival or Lateralus, Blair urging fans not to go online and download music, for various reasons, like you lose valuable sound information when you put it on a computer, and another reason was "you can't download blotter"