PDA

View Full Version : Pushit just got so much clearer...

TJBundy
07-18-2003, 03:17 PM
as i was sitting in the movie theater earlier today watching "28 Days Later," i started to think about Pushit's connection to the movie. I realized many things about the song that had never crossed my mind before,and now i'm wondering why i didn't notice them earlier...it's all so clear now.

First off, the whole "gap" thing had me puzzled for a while, but now i've come to see that the gap represents the space between primal human instinct and the way people really act. we don't always act on our instincts because it would be considered "socially unacceptable"

"saw the gap again today
while you were begging me to stay
take care not to make me enter
if i do we both may disappear"

in connection with "remember i will always love you as i claw your fucking throat away"

when you are pushed to the edge, pushed to your primal instinct by a person who holds you down emotionally, sometimes you have no choice but to harm them (your instinct takes over)

we both disappear when this happens...the person i truly am comes forth, killing the socially acceptable part of me, and the other person gets their throat torn out (dead).

i hope i'm not rambling...there is so much more to write but i feel like i'm not making sense. i wish i could organize my thoughts better. tell me what you think.

stalkingbutler
07-20-2003, 03:37 PM
I think thats a very insightful intereptation,

28 days later......quite a film.
Whose to say the film makers wrent inspired by Pushit?

TJBundy
07-21-2003, 01:33 PM
thanks, i honestly thought no one would read this

debaser
08-04-2003, 11:32 PM
great song man, great song.

Good interpretation. I always think its kind of like a Psycho killer. I dunno, maybe?

Zole
08-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Nice one, I have a similar opinion.