PDA

View Full Version : Weird music

Martin
07-18-2003, 05:23 AM
I'm not sure whether there is a thread for this already, at least, I was unable to find it.

I was listening to Undertow, and inevitably, I came across Crawl Away. As you already know, it takes some time before the actual song starts. This silence, or rather slight noise, is nothing but mere sounds put togheter randomly. At least that is what I thought...

While this apparent noise was playing, I waited for the song to kick in. But in the background I heard some... other music. I was sure it was the neighbours, so I cranked up the volume. The background music increased as well. I paused, and the other music paused. With all these observations, I could reach only one conclusion: that other music was on the CD!

I am now, of course, curious whether someone else has discovered this as well. To those who have not heard it; just set the volume to "loud" and you'll hear it.

What is it supposed to be? I could not quite recognize the music, so if someone knows, please share!

Martin
07-18-2003, 05:29 AM
Damn it!

I found out right here. (http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html)

I shoulda checked first...
Oh, well.

At least those who didn't know, will now.

Dispoflectional
07-30-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure whether there is a thread for this already, at least, I was unable to find it.

I was listening to Undertow, and inevitably, I came across Crawl Away. As you already know, it takes some time before the actual song starts. This silence, or rather slight noise, is nothing but mere sounds put togheter randomly. At least that is what I thought...

While this apparent noise was playing, I waited for the song to kick in. But in the background I heard some... other music. I was sure it was the neighbours, so I cranked up the volume. The background music increased as well. I paused, and the other music paused. With all these observations, I could reach only one conclusion: that other music was on the CD!

I am now, of course, curious whether someone else has discovered this as well. To those who have not heard it; just set the volume to "loud" and you'll hear it.

What is it supposed to be? I could not quite recognize the music, so if someone knows, please share!

it sounds like some sort of wind instrument, like a flute or something

everytime i listen to it i think about a tribe of indians dancing around a fire tripping on peyote... maybe thats just me.....

UncnciousShadow
08-26-2003, 11:05 AM
that is pretty wierd....sounds like a fiddle and drums, kinda a mix of irish and native american haha. Thanks for pointing it out, never noticed it before

Cylith
11-11-2003, 01:23 PM
That's a bit strange...I've know about the weird flute sounding music for quite awhile now...I think that may have something to do with the fact that I often times (or at least I used to) fall asleep listening to music. When you've got your headphones on and it's a nighttime, there is not many other noises to interfere. That's probably when I first heard it. (Once you know it's there, you can hear it easier the next time.)

zxz
11-25-2003, 06:02 PM
peruvian or South American pan flutes & other inst. of that area

AllforUnity
12-05-2003, 01:11 PM
I thought they found what it was...?