PDA

View Full Version : .::Music::.

Elgyn
07-17-2003, 09:48 PM
I have been thinking for a while of sharing some of my music on here, but since the TDN Records section was opened up I decided I might as well do it.
I've been playing guitar for about five years now and have recently got a mic, and a decent composition program (Cool Edit Pro 2.0) so I've been doing some multi track recording.
Its just me and my guitar, and I pretty much write songs to get issues out of my head. Nothing complex or mysterious about it.

Anymore...
http://home.iprimus.com.au/sylent/anymore_04.mp3

Intangible
http://home.iprimus.com.au/sylent/intangible.mp3

Sorry that they aren't any more compressed than they are.. I don't know how to do anything other than 128kbps, and besides quality tends to drop a fair bit if its lower than 128.
Hope you enjoy,
Let me know what you think..

Mr. Zebra
07-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Not bad. I liked your incorporation of the electric at the end of "Anymore". The lyrics could use some work though. (please don't kill me for saying that!)

psilomind
07-18-2003, 08:10 AM
I like the guitar very much... seems Floyd-ish at times. The singing could use some work, mostly in terms of timing and the likes, but it shows a lot of potential. And I must admit, that whole digital recording deal does fuck up my timing a lot as well. Not sure why...

Elgyn
07-20-2003, 12:56 AM
I'm really not too confident with lyrics and singing at the moment, since I've never really taken writing lyrics seriously... I like to write poetry and that sort of thing, so I should probably try and do something of that nature when I'm writing.
As I said in my post, I'm not writing tremendously complex lyrics... I'd hate for them to be any simpler, because then I'd pretty much be spelling them out.
I'm not going to crack it because of someone offering their opinion, besides, its good to get feedback.
I've been working a fair bit on timing lately, in my singing, because I realised that I was pretty out in most songs I've come up with. I've also been listening to singing in a different light. I previously didn't really realise that rhythm in singing was an important issue.

I'm pretty open-minded in terms of music, because unless I'm prepared to take on board whats being said, I might as well not share my music. I'm interested in learning more, so as to improve. I actually wanted to share music here because its hard to get an honest opinion out of my friends and family.
So thanks for that, and anyone else...? feedback...?