PDA

View Full Version : Magick

aeonblue
11-30-2002, 02:42 PM
Could someone help me by telling what does "magick" exactly mean... Or what's the difference between magic and magick. Am I right when I guess that it has something to do with occult stuff? And what is that (occult) all about?

seeker
12-02-2002, 02:51 PM
i'm certainly not an authority on the matter, but 'magic' and 'magick' are just different spellings referring to the same concept. i've always looked at magick as something that might be natural to the spiritual realm, but not to the physical realm... because what we consider spiritual often transcends what our natural senses can observe, it becomes something of a disturbance of the laws of the physical world. i guess this would mean that the definition of magic is the perceivable effects of the spiritual realm within the physical realm. my beliefs in the two as separate realms are original, though i'm curious to know if anyone else has similar ideas...

as for linking it to "the occult", well... that's far too general a topic to be specific in answering. but if you compare magick to witchcraft, that is, the intentional affecting of the natural world by human beings through some sort of spiritual medium, then yes, it likely would be labeled as something of the occult.

hope that helps, though it's sort of inspired of the moment and unfounded in anything "official" on the matter.

aeonblue
12-07-2002, 01:02 PM
yeah, thanks, that helped a little... I've spent this night trying to find some information about the occult, and Aleister Crowley who seems to be an important person to Danny, so I wanna know what he's all about... and the occult as well... I hope i'll become even a bit wiser after reading all that stuff.